Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's possible but it's more likely a lovely attempt at an own that doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
i know and don't care that youth culture will leave me behind, and I still think pewdiepie kinda sucks

like I loved lovely scarecam and meme stuff when I was in middle school. the problem with these people is they make all of the isms seem like big jokes instead of real issues

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

LesterGroans posted:

There's a video on here with a collection of some of the other poo poo he's said.

http://www.avclub.com/article/disney-severs-ties-internet-person-pewdiepie-over--250281

Aw cool, glad to upgrade that watch level from "huge loving idiot" to "Legit Monster".

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

Ignorance is bliss. I have no idea who Pewdiepie is.

This is pewdiepie. At least watch until 30 seconds to get the general reaction of ordinary adults.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbVKL-Meo0

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Aw cool, glad to upgrade that watch level from "huge loving idiot" to "Legit Monster".

I've seen a lot of that joking 'ironic' racism from people who are trying to figure out if they can say a bunch of super racist poo poo in front of you or not.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I've seen a lot of that joking 'ironic' racism from people who are trying to figure out if they can say a bunch of super racist poo poo in front of you or not.

For one of his videos, PewDiePie apparently hired an Israeli actor to dress as Jesus and say, "Hitler did nothing wrong."

He seems really focused on Jewish people.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nihonniboku posted:

For one of his videos, PewDiePie apparently hired an Israeli actor to dress as Jesus and say, "Hitler did nothing wrong."

He seems really focused on Jewish people.

Yeah, some clips from that are in the AV Club article video.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

value-brand cereal posted:

This is pewdiepie. At least watch until 30 seconds to get the general reaction of ordinary adults.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbVKL-Meo0

This is the most Pew I have ever seen and I...
What?! What the gently caress is this?

Even when I was a dumbfuck 12-year old this poo poo wouldn't have been funny.
Then again I like Animutations spent far too long on Newgrounds.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

Kjellberg has since taken down several videos in which he talks about the controversy, but the original January 11 video that includes the offending joke still stands. For what it’s worth, Kjellberg uploaded a Genital Jousting-themed “Valentine’s Special” video earlier today that doesn’t mention the controversy, but repeatedly mentions butt sex.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

That little girl looks like she has an adult's face pasted onto a child's body.

That's pretty much how she looks in real life though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Alhazred posted:

That's pretty much how she looks in real life though.

Watched the trailer again. Accurate. Comment rescinded.

e: also, watching the Logan trailer in my, er, heightened condition... :drat: I never got why it was exciting until now. Is... is Logan going to be the first objectively good superhero movie?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 15, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Niiiice, not just another photoshoot/shopped poster.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm a little miffed at that Logan poster for revealing the girl is supposed to be X-23. I'm pretty sure it's an open secret, but I'd like some sort of ambiguity when it comes to preview materials for movies.

Also, I hate that this rendition of the Reavers is just Pierce with cyborg arms and a bunch of goons straight out of Call Of Duty and doesn't have a bald person with a skull tattooed on their face nor a guy ripping off Mandroid from Eliminators and having tank treads for legs.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
At some point in your internet success career, you're going to have to realize you're no longer making your holocaust jokes in front of your small core group of 12-year old fans anymore, and I think that point's well before you're making six figures. Dude was smart enough to drop the rape jokes but apparently too stubborn (or racist) to drop this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I watched like 5 full minutes of Pewdiepie and my detailed analysis is: bring back flaying.

Re: X-23 we outright start calling her Logan's daughter in later TV spots. I'm sorry for the spoilage but testing demonstrably shows that people care about this odd child a poo poo ton more if they know who she is and well frankly this movie needs to make some money.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

davidspackage posted:

At some point in your internet success career, you're going to have to realize you're no longer making your holocaust jokes in front of your small core group of 12-year old fans anymore, and I think that point's well before you're making six figures. Dude was smart enough to drop the rape jokes but apparently too stubborn (or racist) to drop this.
He grew up in a culture very different from the one he's being expected to conform to now that he's an international superstar. This is not meant as a defense, but as an explanation. The legacy of Sweden's racial purity programs still looms large.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

kiimo posted:

I watched like 5 full minutes of Pewdiepie and my detailed analysis is: bring back flaying.

Re: X-23 we outright start calling her Logan's daughter in later TV spots. I'm sorry for the spoilage but testing demonstrably shows that people care about this odd child a poo poo ton more if they know who she is and well frankly this movie needs to make some money.
Knowing absolutely nothing about the comic, when I saw Logan hanging out with a young girl, I assumed she was his daughter. I mean, not that it's the only possible explanation, but it doesn't strike me as some huge secret that MUST BE GUARDED.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It looks like the entire movie is about Wolverine and his daughter. I'm not sure the premise of the movie actually counts as a spoiler.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Yeah, it's mind blowing that someone's like 'they ruined the secret!!' as though someone may have watched the trailer where Logan is protecting and guiding a little girl with his same claws and his healing ability and thought 'man, it'd be crazy if this girl who is definitely not his daughter turned out to be his daughter!'

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
You'd think with him being hundreds of years old he would've had a brood. Guess he's more like Aragorn?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

got any sevens posted:

You'd think with him being hundreds of years old he would've had a brood. Guess he's more like Aragorn?

The original Old Man Logan comic's primary antagonists were inbred hillbilly Hulk children

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Did they actually show her claws in the trailers? I thought the poster was the first actual confirmation of them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

quote:

It would be really nice if people could please stop claiming that it took an antisemitic joke for Disney to drop PewDiePie despite all his prior racist and misogynistic content.

PewDiePie has expressed antisemitic and Nazi sentiments in his videos long before this incident with fiverr.

August 7, 2016: PewDiePie, wearing a Make America Great Again hat, begins his video with a swastika and other Nazi imagery, and uses a photo of Hitler as a segue between clips

September 24, 2016: In a video criticising YouTube policy, he shows a clip of Hitler giving a speech

October 15, 2016: PewDiePie posts swastikas drawn by his fans

December 8, 2016: PewDiePie wears a brown military uniform while watching a Hitler clip at the end of his video

Antisemitic website the Daily Stormer has also given PewDiePie praise for Nazi imagery in his videos, writing:

“PewDiePie is /ourguy/.

This latest video is unapologetically full-Nazi.

The guy has 52 million subscribers, compared to the number 2 YouTuber that has 30 million. He is arguably the most watched person on the planet.

And he is pushing hardcore GTKRWN materials.

In this video, he calls out the Jews for killing Jesus, and points out several times that Hitler did nothing wrong.

At the very least, he is making the masses comfortable with our ideas.

I hope he keeps doing this – staying chill, I mean. Not going too far. I think he’s aware that he’s eventually going to get banned – if he wasn’t ready for that, he wouldn’t be calling out the Jews head-on like this.”

So please understand that he’s targeted Jews in the past without major outrage or punishment. He’s used Nazi imagery as a joke in his videos before. The “death to all Jews” video that caused outrage wasn’t the first antisemitic video PewDiePie posted. He’s also racist and misogynistic and he should have been called out on these things and dropped a long time ago.

But his antisemitic content neither began nor ended with the Fiverr video.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/14/youtube-also-cuts-ties-with-pewdiepie-over-nazi-imagery-in-videos-6448782/#ixzz4YksS7Txa

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

Did they actually show her claws in the trailers? I thought the poster was the first actual confirmation of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3OxVFvTeg

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

He grew up in a culture very different from the one he's being expected to conform to now that he's an international superstar. This is not meant as a defense, but as an explanation. The legacy of Sweden's racial purity programs still looms large.

Swedes are famously PC though.

Denmark on the other hand are Mac.

Finns are Amiga.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Finns are Amiga.

The right company, but the wrong computer.

quote:

Adjusted to the size of population, the popularity of Commodore 64 was the highest in Finland where it was subsequently marketed as "the computer of the republic".

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

It looks like the entire movie is about Wolverine and his daughter. I'm not sure the premise of the movie actually counts as a spoiler.

99% of the time (Logan falls under this), I'd agree, but the less that's known about Moon before watching, the better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DekuSxJgpbY

1:09

edit: beaten

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

FreudianSlippers posted:

Swedes are famously PC though.
That's just a facade put up by modern Swedish governments. Beneath the surface, there's still the simmering cauldron of national-conservatism that took Nazi ideals and made them policy for 4 decades.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Denmark on the other hand are Mac.
This is true though.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
At least theirs is beneath the surface

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Addmidetly I've only been to Stockholm which is wonderful. I imagine that Stockholm is to the rest of Sweden what LA and NYC are the rest of America.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FreudianSlippers posted:

Addmidetly I've only been to Stockholm which is wonderful. I imagine that Stockholm is to the rest of Sweden what LA and NYC are the rest of America.

Expensive?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

REally expensive and full of pinkos and foreigners.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

A goon in the animation thread came up with a great tagline for a movie about a Disney Princess who's a boxer so I made a teaser poster for it, haha.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Think the second line should be larger it would be punchier haha

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wanna check out that princesses squared circle.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

teagone posted:

A goon in the animation thread came up with a great tagline for a movie about a Disney Princess who's a boxer so I made a teaser poster for it, haha.

Cool but it would work better with the goatse image imo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

teagone posted:

I want this to be real so bad.

Also a poster.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

teagone posted:

I'd watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The MSJ posted:

I want this to be real so bad.

Also a poster.

loving spoilers! :cheeky: