Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
isn't the new villain a samurai? he's got three folded steel katanas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

That's such a stretch it's ridiculous, especially considering all the other t-shirt hints in the past.

It's no more of a stretch than "James Bond = MCH because they both have guns," though, plus it's not a bad pun.

And yeah, more importantly, I'm pretty sure some SAM stuff was datamined a while back.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Spiderman shirt -> that one scene in Spiderman 3 where evil Peter dances with Gwen -> Dancer job confirmed
Spiderman shirt -> Sam Raimi -> Samurai job confirmed
Spiderman shirt -> gets hurt and absorbs abilities -> Blue Mage job confirmed

Spiderman shirt - > Spiderman job confirmed

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Spiderman shirt - > Spiderman job confirmed

Spiders are animals -> Beastmaster confirmed.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's no more of a stretch than "James Bond = MCH because they both have guns," though, plus it's not a bad pun.

And yeah, more importantly, I'm pretty sure some SAM stuff was datamined a while back.

He also uses gadgets.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Spiderman shirt -> gets hurt and absorbs abilities -> Blue Mage job confirmed

Newspaper Spiderman -> gets hit on the head all the time -> Magic Hammer spell hits people on the head -> Blue Mage job confirmed

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Huh? How close am I to seeing an event this morning?

Also when can I have that battle pug mount

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I will place my bet on not only will blue mage not be one of the new jobs, but that it will never be a playable job for the entirety of ffxiv's lifespan. I have prepared my "I told you so" gifs and seppuku blade for whatever outcome tomorrow

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Velthice posted:

seppuku blade
please let suicidal execution during an impending wipe be a samurai job mechanic

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Asimo posted:

please let suicidal execution during an impending wipe be a samurai job mechanic

Living Dead, but the failstate animation for Walking Dead is seppuku.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Asimo posted:

Samurai Can Suicide which will Neutralize any boss mechanic on them instead of making it blow up like it usually does

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I just had this crazy idea that SAM's Hallowed Ground/Living Dead counterpart would be a move that temporarily buffs parry to 100% and i'm actually starting to think that would be really neat.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
But only if the animation is catching the attack between two fingers and shaking their head.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
As long as Rules of Nature starts blaring on parry I'm cool with it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

....Titanfall pilots in Eorzea?

Joking aside, data strings referring to RDM and SAM were mined when 3.5 launched, hence why most people have concluded that it is, in fact, SAM.

Could entirely be misdirection, but again, we'll know for sure tomorrow.

The number of times devs intentionally seed misinformation is pretty much a rounding error compared to the number of times they add information that they don't expect players to see. I can absolutely believe FFXIV's devs added files referencing unannounced classes without some/most of them realizing players would find it.

I just had this crazy idea that SAM's Hallowed Ground/Living Dead counterpart would be a move that temporarily buffs parry to 100% and i'm actually starting to think that would be really neat.

Except parry is worthless against magic damage.

And SAM is going to be a DPS so they don't need an invuln skill. :colbert:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
The most solid argument for spiderman not being blue mage isn't Sam Raimi, whoever that is, but that if I were teasing a blue mage reveal, I would've worn a mega man shirt.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Can you buy the fan fest stream passes after the fact and still get the items?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you could for the other two so probably

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Fluffy posted:

And SAM is going to be a DPS so they don't need an invuln skill. :colbert:

Rogues got one, Samurai can get one too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hooray

Also I hope SAM's AF3 is just Iroha's gear with a different name.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also the new job is definitely Samurai, due to the data mining, but there was still that new years poem thing that mentioned "crimson" and "azure" which is weird. Give me blue mage.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I have zero guesses on what the new job is going to be but I've kinda reached the point where it doesn't really matter to me. if it's a tank/healer, especially tank, I'll play it, if it's dps then I'll pretty much never play it

the only job I really want is dancer and I've already come to terms with that being a no go this time around

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Mister Olympus posted:

Agreed but blue mage's traditional abilities fit much better in a tank role than a healer. Goblin Punch is much more of a Heavy Swing than a Stone 3, Bad Breath more of a Circle of Scorn than an Aero 3. Also, it being a tank is much easier to justify than it being a healer in-lore; you have to make the monsters want to hit you to learn their abilities.

Also, who would make the color mages that have an opportunity to match with their role color NOT do so?

It's not coming in Stormblood either way; class updates from now on will be done in a roughly even manner because it's obvious that Red Mage is Intelligence and Samurai is Strength. They aren't going to add a fourth tank (likely an OT-focused Warrior type) before they add a fourth healer to go with it (likewise, a shield-based Scholar type, Green Mage by my earlier logic). I'm not sure anything has changed since 3.1 when Yoshi-P said that having to balance three jobs ruined Heavensward's development schedule.

Surprising everyone, Green Mage as a healer introduced. They were in FFTA2, at least.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Velthice posted:

the only job I really want is dancer and I've already come to terms with that being a no go this time around

:same:

None of the added classes in HW/SB (+NIN) have interested me to the point of playing them past levelling so I just keep sticking to BLM/SCH/WAR like a massive dweeb.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
After all the time I spent becoming passable at NIN, I can see myself picking up another class seriously anyway. I haven't even gotten around to stuff like DRK.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's just going to be samurai. Blue mage isn't in the game. Data mining has already shown the samurai stormsblood job quests. The job files that people thought were blue mage were actually just the heavensward black mage job quests with a misspelling. We aren't getting a third job or any tanks/healers. We're just getting two new DPS and that's it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dying during a fight is a DRG skill so Samurai isn't getting seppuku.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The new job will be SAMba dancer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Leofish posted:

checks out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRPoiTHMuzc

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Leofish posted:

I can't wait to play dressup with my roegadude

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

My insane predictions:

Samurai will be a STR based melee DD. It'll share gear with DRG. The mechanic will be similar to monk stances, representing something like High, Low, and Neutral stances. Your attacks will have different effects based on current stance, and/or will switch you into a different stance. So using Heavy Cut while in High will put you into Neutral, but using it in Neutral will put you into Low.

It'll also work into Draw Out, which will work like Ninjutsu but keys off your stances instead of mudras. So going High>Low>Draw will have a different effect than Neutral>High>Draw.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I want the moogle dance, but I don't want to touch crafting.

What's the best way of getting a crafter to 50 so I can do the moogle quests? Just unlock one and buy leve turn ins off the AH?

I know the "proper" way of doing it is to level all the crafters simultaneously for the cross class skills, but I don't give a poo poo about actually crafting stuff so I'm not sure if it matters.

edit:

and yes I already have the moogle best tribe quests unlocked, I just happened to do the quest chain while leveling an alt.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 16, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's just going to be samurai. Blue mage isn't in the game. Data mining has already shown the samurai stormsblood job quests. The job files that people thought were blue mage were actually just the heavensward black mage job quests with a misspelling. We aren't getting a third job or any tanks/healers. We're just getting two new DPS and that's it.

it's this

Renegret posted:

What's the best way of getting a crafter to 50 so I can do the moogle quests? Just unlock one and buy leve turn ins off the AH?

I know the "proper" way of doing it is to level all the crafters simultaneously for the cross class skills, but I don't give a poo poo about actually crafting stuff so I'm not sure if it matters.

Unlock one and do GC turn ins instead, unless you're in a hurry. It'll be slower, but also much cheaper.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

if money is no objection look up the leves for a DoH class and buy the turnins off the AH

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The only real way to do BLU would be with class quests to learn your monster skills, which would still feel unsatisfying because what you learn is just as static as with every class. And even if they did it that way you'd either need to start from level 1 so you can learn them all from quests (never going to happen) or start at a later level with most of the monster skills already known (boring).

Blue Mage is never going to happen guys. Unless they do something really wacky like add in skill trees.

Give me SAMba Dancer though. Right now. :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kuvo posted:

if money is no objection look up the leves for a DoH class and buy the turnins off the AH
If money is a slight problem but not a big one buy the materials instead and get goons to make them for you!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Thundarr posted:

The only real way to do BLU would be with class quests to learn your monster skills, which would still feel unsatisfying because what you learn is just as static as with every class. And even if they did it that way you'd either need to start from level 1 so you can learn them all from quests (never going to happen) or start at a later level with most of the monster skills already known (boring).

Blue Mage is never going to happen guys. Unless they do something really wacky like add in skill trees.

Give me SAMba Dancer though. Right now. :(

Saying that blue mage "could never work" is stupider than saying that healers should never DPS. If it's not in stormblood, it's 100% going to be in a later expansion.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If money is a slight problem but not a big one buy the materials instead and get goons to make them for you!

Should always do that tbh, I can poo poo out hq leve items in 2 GCDs and they cost 100s of gil per in mats, AH sells them for 1000s or 10 000s of gil per.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blue Magic, I assume, would have something context-sensitive to different enemy types rather than having permanent access to all monster spells or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The appeal of blue magic isn't getting punched in the face to learn stuff, it's getting access to all those badass skills enemies used that felt unfair but now you have them motherfucker and meow it's time for revenge. I don't think I would feel unfulfilled if an npc granted me Bad Breath or Final Sting instead of witnessing it - I've already seen that poo poo 1000 times, the Warrior of Light could explain what Bad Breath is in disgusting detail. I just want to throw up everywhere and inflict 12 status effects or whatever.

It still isn't happening though.

• Locked thread