Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stinky tofu smells just as bad if you cook it yourself so the only issue the street vendor part brings is how the smell permeates everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

yeah the issue was literally the moment we came near the night market it would be all you would smell forever

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
oh! have you already tried natto?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
After careful consideration of this thread, try the natto!

It's what I'd do at least

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Natto, eh?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

natto this poo poo again

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

If anybody here has not experienced John Wick and John Wick: Chapter 2 then you should fix that mistake immediately

I didn't really get the hype around #1 (haven't seen two) but I had just watched The Raid after not seeing a proper action move in years probably and that's a high bar to pass

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Going to see John Wick 2 tomorrow. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

chuunibyou s1 never really gets bad, s2 is where it just kind of sucks

It gets pretty terrible when they reveal that the reason for her wackiness is genuine mental trauma and that her family keeps emotionally abusing her over it, actually.

Chuu2 is bad.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A big ol boat

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where is the slice of life comedy anime about the abyssals?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It was in you, all along.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

This manga is really good :kimchi:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 16, 2017

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
a cat named after a squash

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched Ocean Waves and it's a movie that at 75 minutes feels like it was supposed to be longer (and heck, it was late and over budget so that didn't help matters I bet).

It wasn't boring, but at its core it's a movie where 100% of the interactions between the two leads involve the girl being an incredibly self-centered jackass and then at the very end the guy is all, I loved her all this time. The former parts would have been fine if there was something to bridge the gap between that and the latter, but there isn't. And that just broke any immersion I might have had wrt the chemistry between the two.

I also just found out it was directed by the same guy who directed Dirty Pair Flash, the last non-movie anime I finished. What the heck, I didn't even do that on purpose!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah, Haruhi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

haha I wish!

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

I watched Ocean Waves and it's a movie that at 75 minutes feels like it was supposed to be longer (and heck, it was late and over budget so that didn't help matters I bet).

It wasn't boring, but at its core it's a movie where 100% of the interactions between the two leads involve the girl being an incredibly self-centered jackass and then at the very end the guy is all, I loved her all this time. The former parts would have been fine if there was something to bridge the gap between that and the latter, but there isn't. And that just broke any immersion I might have had wrt the chemistry between the two.

I also just found out it was directed by the same guy who directed Dirty Pair Flash, the last non-movie anime I finished. What the heck, I didn't even do that on purpose!

I enjoyed Ocean Waves despite the ending not really making sense, like you said, mainly because the girl was such a jackass, which caught me completely off-guard. One TV channel was having a Ghibli season, so I recorded and watched a bunch of their films within the space of about a week, and it was hilarious to go from a bunch of largely cheerful and good-natured protagonists to one who was being a snarky rear end in a top hat for absolutely no reason. It helped that the film was short, so the ending being a bit of a letdown didn't really seem like a big deal when it happened. I certainly doubt I would've enjoyed it as much though if I'd watched it in isolation rather than shortly after some other, more cheerful Ghibli films.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yah, agreed. If the film were a two hour affair I'd be frustrated. But at that length I can't help but have a good chuckle at how it panned out, and everything up to that point was enjoyable enough that it definitely wasn't a waste of time.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Update: Kemono Friends continues to gain steam in Japan. Could end up one of the most popular shows this season.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I'm still not gonna watch it though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its great you fool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

z0glin Warchief posted:

I'm still not gonna watch it though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i caught up on it last night and from ep3 on it's a bunch of cute things like helping an alpaca promote her cafe, teaming up a beaver and prairie dog so they can build a house, and coaching some loser animals so they can win a competition

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

its great you fool

There's a lot of great shows I don't watch :shrug:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

z0glin Warchief posted:

Update: Kemono Friends continues to gain steam in Japan. Could end up one of the most popular shows this season.

How LWA or maidragon may not be boggles my mind.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

yeah i caught up on it last night and from ep3 on it's a bunch of cute things like helping an alpaca promote her cafe, teaming up a beaver and prairie dog so they can build a house, and coaching some loser animals so they can win a competition

Huh. I might actually watch this. Well, after I get around to catching up on chaos;child at least.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

How LWA or maidragon may not be boggles my mind.

lwa is beautiful but i haven't found it that compelling in terms of story or characters. not that kemono friends is either, but it basically came out of nowhere to be a perfectly good show in spite of negative impressions.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I guess the whole "dark horse" thing gives it a leg up, yeah.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Also, at least on the Japanese internet, a few of the catchphrases from the show have exploded as memes too. すっごーい, たのしー, わーい, and 君は___のフレンズなんだね! are fuckin everywhere.

It's got over double the views on niconico that Konosuba, the show in second, does.

Also apparently the Keroro guy wrote it, so that doesn't hurt.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what are those

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It being watched more than konosuba...

I refuse to consider. I reject your reality.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

dogsicle posted:

what are those

Particular ways of writing "sugoi/amazing" "tanoshii/fun" "wai/yay" and "You must be a ______ Friend!" or whatever.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Sefal posted:

Going to see John Wick 2 tomorrow. Hope it lives up to the hype.

I only finally saw the first less than a month ago, and it was very good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love the first John Wick movie, I'm confused about having a sequel since the story seemed nicely self contained. But, word of mouth seems positive so I'll probably check it out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I was watching John Wick for the action and not the plot, so I'm happy for more John Wick action. :v:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The 2nd and 3rd Walkure albums are ...

Good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How scandalous was the most recent episode of Maidragon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

How scandalous was the most recent episode of Maidragon?

Watch it and decide for yourself

• Locked thread