Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Americans definitely aren't in any position to criticize illegal invasions of sovereign states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Obama was man enough to handle this Putin punk... I wish we had Barry back to show him who's boss

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Toadvine posted:

Haha what?? :confused:

We're already at (proxy) war with Russia and have been for decades. Do you couch-locked r-words really want to just drop the pretense and slug it out with RUSSIA??
I'd probably take this in a different context where the thread wasn't about retard president who wants to open fire on Iran, put troops on the ground in Syria, and escalate aggression with China, but somehow anything other than total praise and adulation of Russia is a psychotic death-race to thermonuclear war. Given that, I don't know how you expect your pearl clutching of "Do you want to start a WAR?!" isn't deserving of derision.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

ElGroucho posted:

A country with a life expectancy of like 54 is playing our president like a fiddle, pretty loving funny

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Russia did 9/11

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Americans definitely aren't in any position to criticize illegal invasions of sovereign states.

The world is a better place than it was 30 years ago and that is worth protecting

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't understand why everyone is opposed to the US and Russia tag teaming the gently caress outta Al-Qaeda with joint helicopter assaults, goin back-to-back like a couple of bad dudes, and just dominating the rest of the world with 90% nuclear proliferation

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I don't understand why everyone is opposed to the US and Russia tag teaming the gently caress outta Al-Qaeda with joint helicopter assaults, goin back-to-back like a couple of bad dudes, and just dominating the rest of the world with 90% nuclear proliferation

Sounds good man but when do they legalize recreational drugs in this scenario?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
youre not dominating any countries that matter lol

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

The world is a better place than it was 30 years ago and that is worth protecting

30 years ago the cold war was finally ending

so let's re-escalate it?! these liberals are crazy

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Knight posted:

I'd probably take this in a different context where the thread wasn't about retard president who wants to open fire on Iran, put troops on the ground in Syria, and escalate aggression with China, but somehow anything other than total praise and adulation of Russia is a psychotic death-race to thermonuclear war. Given that, I don't know how you expect your pearl clutching of "Do you want to start a WAR?!" isn't deserving of derision.

Since Trump wants to do those things it's now acceptable to push for war with yet another country? For the record I'm against war with Russia China Iran Syria and Mexico nor did I vote for Trump :o]

Pull your head out then stop believing everything unnamed intelligence agents tell you

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because the guy who said these things:

quote:

The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes,

quote:

Let it be an arms race. We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all
Is not going to push for proliferation. I know Trump voters like to ignore things he says and then act completely surprised when he follows through on them, but this one is obvious.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Lacey posted:

Sounds good man but when do they legalize recreational drugs in this scenario?

Well fortunately I'm not a wastoid so legalization of recreational drugs is a non-pressing issue for me.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Are those Obama quotes? Did he ever get the go ahead on the trillion dollar nuclear upgrade plan before leaving office?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

1. Wrong. The unfettered global trade system which has sprung up between then and now has caused, and is causing, far more problems than it could ever hope to solve.
2. Wrong.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Well fortunately I'm not a wastoid so legalization of recreational drugs is a non-pressing issue for me.

Oh dude you're missing out

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

3. Nothing wrong with me.
4. Nothing wrong with me.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Toadvine posted:

Since Trump wants to do those things it's now acceptable to push for war with yet another country? For the record I'm against war with Russia China Iran Syria and Mexico nor did I vote for Trump :o]

Pull your head out then stop believing everything unnamed intelligence agents tell you
No, it makes you look ridiculous when you jump on anyone who dares badmouth Russia as PUSHING FOR WAR?! while remaining silent when Trump is blatantly pushing for war with other countries with nuclear capabilities. There's nothing from "unnamed intelligence agents" here, these are from the horse's mouth. I don't give a gently caress if you didn't vote for Trump, you're a blatant shill for him and you don't hesitate to defend him whenever the opportunity arises.

Toadvine posted:

Are those Obama quotes? Did he ever get the go ahead on the trillion dollar nuclear upgrade plan before leaving office?
Since Obama did those things it's now acceptable to push for war with yet another country? :smug:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

1. Wrong. The unfettered global trade system which has sprung up between then and now has caused, and is causing, far more problems than it could ever hope to solve.
2. Wrong.

Counterpoint: We didn't have iPhones 30 years ago.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

because russia loving sucks and hacked the election

also they're threatening nato allies

also al-qaeda? lmao what is this 2002?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

Counterpoint: We didn't have iPhones 30 years ago.

Portable and accessible internet/social media 24/7 is in the midst of driving the entire developed world into a collective mental breakdown so I wouldn't count this as a plus.

... or would I?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

That Robot posted:

Our nation is bugged eye zombies. What is "hacking an election"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

NATO is a terror organization.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

$10 stops the vast majority of poo poo for a website. Humans are lazy and don't want to put forth any effort. We don't want those.

Poetic Justice posted:

You guys are literally in a walled in forum, talking about how walls don't work hahaha.

are you serious right now my dog

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I honestly think it's 2 separate issues. 1 is building a sweet wall, like a wonder of the world. 2 is immigration which is solved in smarter ways like tightening up law enforcement and entitlement programs. If we can throw down a gigantic wall, it shows the government is still capable of actually accomplishing something great

why don't we actually do something great like get our asses to mars or something worthwhile

how impressive is it really to build a wall??? the interstate highway system is more impressive than that. hoover dam is more impressive than that. we're hella going backwards if a wall is supposed to be some great work in 2017.

maybe we can make a warplane that can fly near rain clouds

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 16, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Russia hacked our election!(?)

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

why don't we actually do something great like get our asses to mars or something worthwhile

Yup, that's why NASA won't be fiddling around with climate change and is going to make space great again

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

maybe we can make a warplane that can fly near rain clouds

there is no rain on mars, we can kill two birds with one stone

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

LMAO

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Moridin you keep agreeing with the Teflon Don...

"I will free NASA from the restriction of serving primarily as a logistics agency for low-Earth orbit activity—big deal. Instead, we will refocus its mission on space exploration. Under a Trump Administration, Florida and America will lead the way into the stars."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Moridin you keep agreeing with the Teflon Don...

"I will free NASA from the restriction of serving primarily as a logistics agency for low-Earth orbit activity—big deal. Instead, we will refocus its mission on space exploration. Under a Trump Administration, Florida and America will lead the way into the stars."

I agree with a lot of what he says, the problem is that he often contradicts himself later and/or doesn't follow up on what he is saying.

If he actually tried to cut monied interests/lobbying out of DC then I'd be all about it but he has just appointed a ton of rich people and let the GOP slam through a bunch of dumb stuff that doesn't have much to do with what he actually campaigned for. If he actually sat down and worked out where we can cut costs on F35 and grilled people on why the hell that plane is such a fuckplane I'd be all for it, but he instead tweeted about it a couple times then took credit for some discount that was already in the works months before he was elected.

But yeah dude let's do it. Let's promote high tech jobs and inspire kids to want to be scientists and astronauts again and explore some poo poo. Will it actually happen or will NASA get their budget cut again though?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bunch of sad brain liberals can't accept reality so they make poo poo up and exaggerate crap.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the Russia hacking thing is way way overblown fwiw.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

If he actually tried to cut monied interests/lobbying out of DC then I'd be all about it but he has just appointed a ton of rich people

He signed a 5 year lobbying ban? Also... people have to realize if you take control of a fleet of submarines you have to use the submarine captains to drive the drat things.

He can't put hobos into position of power out of some principle.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He signed a 5 year lobbying ban? Also... people have to realize if you take control of a fleet of submarines you have to use the submarine captains to drive the drat things.

5 year ban is very different from

quote:

Donald Trump’s transition team on Wednesday announced that registered state and federal lobbyists will not be allowed to serve in the Trump administration, and people who leave the administration will have to wait five years before they can become lobbyists.

Every person who joins the administration will be asked to sign a lobbying ban form that states they are not a registered lobbyist. If they are, they will have to provide evidence of their termination.

On its face, the lobbyist ban appears stringent, but it could be easily skirted if a lobbyist were to deregister to be eligible to join the administration. One sign indicates that it may already be happening: A close aide to Pence who is a Washington lobbyist, Josh Pitcock, filed paperwork with the Senate on Monday to terminate his status as a federal lobbyist. Pitcock advised Pence during the presidential campaign, and has lobbied for the state of Indiana since 2013, earning $280,000 a year to lobby on a wide range of issues including health-care marketplace exchange rates and resources for the state’s response to the Zika virus, lobbying records show. Pitcock did not immediately return a request for comment.

like c'mon dude you're getting Art of the Deal'd here

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

I think the Russia hacking thing is way way overblown fwiw.

of course it is. It reeks of sour dnc grapes and intelligence deep state subterfuge

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Bro how did you get to 'I want him to put hobos in power' from "I don't want him to literally appoint billionaires representing huge corporate interests into almost every single cabinet position?"

That said Mnuchin seems like a decent pick. The rest of them though jfc; half of them just want to gut the department they are heading up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

i like how he lectures on the evils of government industry with a giant portret of Mao behind him

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If he actually issued an executive order banning all federal lobbying including in Congress for the duration of his administration, which I don't see why he couldn't do that immediately, I'd be on his nuts about it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Bro how did you get to 'I want him to put hobos in power' from "I don't want him to literally appoint billionaires representing huge corporate interests into almost every single cabinet position?"

That said Mnuchin seems like a decent pick. The rest of them though jfc; half of them just want to gut the department they are heading up.

I'm not gonna defend everything Trump does, if he turns out to be a turd I'll gladly say I was duped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

If he actually issued an executive order banning all federal lobbying including in Congress for the duration of his administration, which I don't see why he couldn't do that immediately, I'd be on his nuts about it.

if one thing would get Trump impeached it would be that.

• Locked thread