Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Lions are shaking down Detroit for millions of dollars renovating Ford Field like decent folk.

They will also be welcoming ghosts into the stadium for the first time.

Seriously, why do these renders always look so weird?

If you don't look and feel like a lifeless automaton at a Detroit Lions game you're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Who will give Vince Young a chance? Is anyone that desperate?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The NFL needs to get its streaming poo poo together. I can't believe that baseball is so good at it while football is so bad.

Easy.

The NFL is so popular it's trying to monetize everything, including game highlights.

The MLB is trying so desperately to attract an audience that they're basically paying people to sit in the stadiums in most cities.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Lions are shaking down Detroit for millions of dollars renovating Ford Field like decent folk.

The new video boards are three times as big as the old ones. But what is with the Copperplate? It looks like the Warriors logo.

They will also be welcoming ghosts into the stadium for the first time.

Seriously, why do these renders always look so weird?

There is a man carrying a laptop bag... I don't think that would ever actually occur in a normal folks part of the stadium.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Who will give Vince Young a chance? Is anyone that desperate?

There's still room on the mannequin

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Man, thinking about and it would be much more interesting to see a movie about Ryan Leaf's life than Malcolm Butler.

Nov 6, 2002

An arena football team where fans decide the plays via app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1XchW2V2Vs

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

An arena football team where fans decide the plays via app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1XchW2V2Vs

So a full game of nothing but Da Bomb from NFL Blitz. I'd watch that.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think earlier this year the Titans allowed fans to pick the first 3-5 plays of a game, maybe against the Vikings. Ended up being some good choices and the offense gained like 60-80 yards on the drive with those plays and then stalled when the coaches took over lol.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

:same:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

x cross was my go to.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Can't wait for when we get ocular implants and can vote on plays Madden style.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chilichimp posted:

Easy.

The NFL is so popular it's trying to monetize everything, including game highlights.

The MLB is trying so desperately to attract an audience that they're basically paying people to sit in the stadiums in most cities.

It goes well beyond this. Back in 2000, the MLB created Baseball Advanced Media (BAM), which is basically an internal tech startup that was originally intended to build all the team websites and manage online ticket sales after they got screwed by a consulting firm that was supposed to build the MLB websites and did a poo poo job. This same group built the MLB video player, which actually turned out to be the best streaming video platform in the industry. It's so good that it's been licensed by HBO for things like season premieres of Game of Thrones and spun off into its own separate company (BAMTech), which got a $1Bn buy-in from Disney.

Basically the MLB built their own in-house tech group back in 2000 and inadvertently ended up building the industry's best platform for streaming live video, so they had/have a massive financial incentive to push and improve their digital offerings.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/832264864622051328

rip in piss

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Omar is gonna be pissed

It's a good move because he cant stay healthy

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Opens up a hole at guard, but Tunsil has to plat LT sooner or later. Get two good guards between FA and draft and it should work.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I hope the Rams sign him and cut loving Greg Robinson already

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DariusLikewise posted:

I hope the Rams sign him and cut loving Greg Robinson already

I loved Albert for two years, but he has been hurt a bunch the last two years and it really started catching up to him :-/

I'm curious to see how much he gets paid and how well he plays.

Maybe we don't release him without Tunsil on the roster. Not sure.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Looks like it's official. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article133096369.html

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions are dumping Dan Orlovsky, who has spent 12(!) years in the NFL. God Bless You, Dan.

Someone post the GIF.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I honestly didn't understand people who thought we kept Albert. He's 11 million for 8-9 games a year, and we have our LT of the future.

I'm a huge fan of spending money on guards. 6 mil per year gets you a very serviceable guard in the NFL. Stop trying to get cute. No more converted LTs.

We need both guard positions though. That's a tall order in one offseason

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

TheChirurgeon posted:

It goes well beyond this. Back in 2000, the MLB created Baseball Advanced Media (BAM), which is basically an internal tech startup that was originally intended to build all the team websites and manage online ticket sales after they got screwed by a consulting firm that was supposed to build the MLB websites and did a poo poo job. This same group built the MLB video player, which actually turned out to be the best streaming video platform in the industry. It's so good that it's been licensed by HBO for things like season premieres of Game of Thrones and spun off into its own separate company (BAMTech), which got a $1Bn buy-in from Disney.

Basically the MLB built their own in-house tech group back in 2000 and inadvertently ended up building the industry's best platform for streaming live video, so they had/have a massive financial incentive to push and improve their digital offerings.

That's just one aspect. Far more important is the fact that the MLB has a ~9.5 times the games per year compared to the NFL and they did not have out-of-market monetization for it when the internet became fast enough to stream (audio/video). The NFL on the other hand already had the NFL Sunday Ticket (fun fact: the invention is largely attributed to Jon Taffer of Bar Rescue fame) since 1994 and therefore did simply not have any content to monetize when the internet became a thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/832279002136055808

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good

Great moves so far. Smart

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mario release should be announced soon, I would imagine

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lol

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/832281104711294977

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/832267860856696833

I'm worried...

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Mario Williams was such a loving dumb signing after what he did in Buffalo the year before.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/832265066103894016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Um...ok? Whooole lotta dead money but they do open up some cap space if that happens. Also means Dallas isn't getting what they want in trade offers.

Nov 6, 2002

And yet it was typical AFC East incest.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh and in other expected quarterback news the Chiefs are reportedly going to cut Nick Foles. I guess like Cleveland or the Jets might be a landing spot if they don't get what they want out of the draft? Or hell, maybe the Texans if he's cheap enough.

Nov 6, 2002

Some team is going to pay Romo a king's ransom to be on IR.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It can't not be Cleveland, right?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GaussianCopula posted:

(fun fact: the invention is largely attributed to Jon Taffer of Bar Rescue fame)

Here's his interview with Katie Nolan on the topic.
http://www.foxsports.com/watch/garbage-time-with-katie-nolan/video/459392579833

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

whypick1 posted:

I mean, they might overpay for Jimmy G, or take a third option that's so dumb we haven't even thought of it yet.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

whypick1 posted:

I've come around to Niners being the New Browns.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

sean10mm posted:

I mean, they might overpay for Jimmy G, or take a third option that's so dumb we haven't even thought of it yet.

There's still a Mike Glennon hanging around

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

whypick1 posted:

Cleveland is more likely to overpay a young QB than overpay a broken rear end Tony Romo.

Just don't go to Denver, Tony. That's all I ask

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

That kind of owns, actually.

Baseball still sucks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Cleveland is more likely to overpay a young QB than overpay a broken rear end Tony Romo.

Just don't go to Denver, Tony. That's all I ask

Also Tony gets a say in where he goes if he's cut, and it would have to be an absolutely insane overpay to even get him to think about Cleveland.

• Locked thread