Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

We need both guard positions though. That's a tall order in one offseason

That's my issue with releasing Albert. Imagine this means we're bring whatsisname the other guard back.

On reflection, I suppose I agree with all the cuts. It'd be easy for the team to delude themselves into thinking that they're almost there, when I reality there's a lot of work needs doing.

Still hope we resign stills, but can't see it happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chilichimp posted:

That kind of owns, actually.

Baseball still sucks though.

Maybe you are the one who sucks Chillichimp!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

Maybe you are the one who sucks Chillichimp!

Slushies rule, fight me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Baseball would be cool as heck if I could ever loving watch my team play, but noooooo, constant loving blackouts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

hifi posted:

vince young is coming back

Get the gently caress in

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Baseball would be cool as heck if I could ever loving watch my team play, but noooooo, constant loving blackouts

Blackout rules are dumb as hell agreed I circumvent that by using the MLB app on my phone and just listen to the radio feeds. Baseballs unhurried pace makes this not so bad an option and my teams radio crew is good so I may be biased

Chilichimp posted:

Slushies rule, fight me.

Encouraging bird on bird violence you savage

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Blackouts are annoying but also easy to get around

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
i haven't paid attention to baseball in a decade or so, how do their blackout rules work? same as NFL used to?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/832265066103894016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Um...ok? Whooole lotta dead money but they do open up some cap space if that happens. Also means Dallas isn't getting what they want in trade offers.

Grittybeard posted:

Also Tony gets a say in where he goes if he's cut, and it would have to be an absolutely insane overpay to even get him to think about Cleveland.

It's like a combination of two things: The first is that they can't make him a post-June 1 cut if they trade him, the second is yeah, to your point, the trade value probably isn't there. Though this isn't just because he's an injury risk--most of the teams that are desperate for QB help are also sitting high enough in the draft (Cleveland, Chicago, Jets, Jacksonville, 49ers, Bills) that they feel like they can just draft one of the top 3 QB prospects this year if they don't get Romo, which makes them less likely to overpay.

In order to avoid a massive cap hit for Romo, Dallas would have to sit on him until June, and it's *very* unlikely teams would wait for that. If they cut him, they can put the post June-1 designation on him to shave down the impact, then extend Witten and convert salary to bonuses for Smith, Frederick, and Crawford, and clear up about $29M in cap space to offset the $10m in dead money from cutting Romo (plus the $9M they save from cutting him as well), which would give them space to sign their rookies, re-sign Church, and go after some non-superstar defensive help in free agency.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/832265066103894016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Um...ok? Whooole lotta dead money but they do open up some cap space if that happens. Also means Dallas isn't getting what they want in trade offers.

suuure, remember everyone being amazed that Tom Brady, noted health nut who forgoes (most) human pleasures to be a QB machine, played at a high level being 39 years old?

Now Mr. Romo Glass wants to do the same?

I have my doubts.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

whypick1 posted:

It can't not be Cleveland, right?

Cleveland isn't a team that just needs a QB to put them over the top. They're a team that needs a young QB they can have for years and build around. You get Romo if you think you've got a team that can win if only you get a decent QB, like the Texans.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

suuure, remember everyone being amazed that Tom Brady, noted health nut who forgoes (most) human pleasures to be a QB machine, played at a high level being 39 years old?

Now Mr. Romo Glass wants to do the same?

I have my doubts.

Well, Tom Brady played a lot more football in the last two years than Romo did.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/leighsteinberg/status/832310553712300032

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

An arena football team where fans decide the plays via app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1XchW2V2Vs

What happens when the other team gets the app and just calls a bunch of kneel downs?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Denver is the only team that's in win now mode without a QB right? I guess the Vikes and Miami could be landing spots to if they were so inclined. Teddy (RIP at least you have your giant peen) is questionable for next year as is.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Denver is the only team that's in win now mode without a QB right?

Houston, Kansas City

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Denver is the only team that's in win now mode without a QB right? I guess the Vikes and Miami could be landing spots to if they were so inclined. Teddy (RIP at least you have your giant peen) is questionable for next year as is.

Houston, but they have no cap room. I could see a kind of argument for the Jets, they've got a bunch of aging but still good pieces on offense and in theory should have a decent defense (although obviously that wasn't the case last year). A lot of KC fans want that to happen but there's just no way, Andy loves Alex too much and Romo isn't enough of a sure thing to make him think twice.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ehud posted:

I loved Albert for two years, but he has been hurt a bunch the last two years and it really started catching up to him :-/

I'm curious to see how much he gets paid and how well he plays.

Maybe we don't release him without Tunsil on the roster. Not sure.

9 decent games a year would better than 16 games of human turnstile/false start machine Greg Robinson

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Miami has a 0% chance of signing anyone at QB other than camp bodies or cheap backups.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamhbeasley/status/832318331084472320

huh

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Who's even on the block?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Vince Young has moved to CB!?!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

tarbrush posted:

Who's even on the block?

Richard Sherman

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

throw out your guesses and the winner gets a prize*

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Richard Sherman

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Houston, Kansas City

I was thinking of teams with cap space which Houston lacks and the Chiefs don't seem to care about replacing Alex as is. I only threw Miami out there because there seem to be rumblings that the org has had it with Tanny. If Teddy really is dead would they really stick out another year of Bradford?

Ehud posted:

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Revis

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ehud posted:

Malcolm Butler

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Vontae Davis :v:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I forgot Laquan Treadwell had only one catch for 15 yards this season. How?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ehud posted:

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Trumaine Johnson tag and trade

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I forgot Laquan Treadwell had only one catch for 15 yards this season. How?

Treadwell? More like Treadpoor if you know what Im sayin!!

What I am saying is he is bad at what he does probably

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Talib

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Ehud posted:

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Jason Verrett

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'll go with Darqueze Dennard who qualifies as a former first round draft pick that is in the last year of his contract, and had a pretty frustrating go of it with the Bengals.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/832335321069150208

"We're on to the pacific..."

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ehud posted:

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Trent Richar... oh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

Houston, but they have no cap room. I could see a kind of argument for the Jets, they've got a bunch of aging but still good pieces on offense and in theory should have a decent defense (although obviously that wasn't the case last year). A lot of KC fans want that to happen but there's just no way, Andy loves Alex too much and Romo isn't enough of a sure thing to make him think twice.

I think the Jets window has already closed with this current roster.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

"Patton is Questionalbe for Market Garden"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/832341908013854720

ANALYTICS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think the Jets window has already closed with this current roster.

I tend to agree but I doubt they're thinking like that. I mean they should probably realize they need to move on from Revis as a starter at the least, but I bet they believe they have a good enough roster if they could just get good quarterback play and fix a few things.

• Locked thread