Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Skyenet is good. I appreciate that pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

I agree with everyone who really liked the episode, but I totally agree with you. That outright bugged me. I would have overlooked it if the superior was captured at the end, but KO'ing the #1 inhuman murderer and then just walking away was a real jolt of "Really? REALLY?"

It probably bugs me more because the show avoids that cliche really well so it felt even more out of place.

OTOH, Aida is basically saying the dude is done for and making it clear that Radcliffe is the new heavy.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I am sure Mack says something about a Matrix prison when he tries the VR device and then has the rough conversation with Fitz.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
They did mention the Matrix. I think it was around when Mack was giving his holier-than-thou speech to Fitz.

e;f,b

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Mymla posted:

Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were robots in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Leopold Fitz were not listened to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Mack was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY ROBOTS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the airplane base of S.H.I.E.L.D. he knew there were robots.
"This is Coulson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the robots!"
So Mack gotted his sohtgun axe and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the robots "I will shoot at him" said Aida and fired the rocket missiles. Mack shotugnned at her and blew her up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the robots" he shouted The radio said "No, Mack. You are the robots"
And then Mack was a robot.

:kiss:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I really want to see a Voight-Kampff test for a Fitz LMD of it interacting with a Glaswegian for an extended period of time. Even with the Darkhold, can a LMD handle Buckfast and Irn Bru?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Metalshark posted:

I really want to see a Voight-Kampff test for a Fitz LMD of it interacting with a Glaswegian for an extended period of time. Even with the Darkhold, can a LMD handle Buckfast and Irn Bru?

With quantum magic brains, I think a VK would be futile. Just jab them with a needle and see if you hit metal would be easier.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Blazing Ownager posted:

I agree with everyone who really liked the episode, but I totally agree with you. That outright bugged me. I would have overlooked it if the superior was captured at the end, but KO'ing the #1 inhuman murderer and then just walking away was a real jolt of "Really? REALLY?"

It probably bugs me more because the show avoids that cliche really well so it felt even more out of place.

She literally goes on comms and tells someone that the superior was down and ready for pickup before she moves on.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

late to the party, but how'bout m.axe?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Senerio posted:

Skyenet is good. I appreciate that pun.

That's not her name.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BSam posted:

That's not her name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c2OfAzDTI&t=48s

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 16, 2017

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BSam posted:

That's not her name.

Here we go again...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Here we go again...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg&t=77s

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Please continue to speak only in YouTube videos. It amuses me.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

Please continue to speak only in YouTube videos. It amuses me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84VqqCPI7w&t=96s

It's better than namechat.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Error 404 posted:

Here we go again...

At least I finally get to use this again:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

At least I finally get to use this again:

oh my goodness

Irn-Bru
May 24, 2001

Orange. Carbonated. Ambrosia.
So, was it Macebook being beaten in the cell? I thought the looks between him and AIDA were odd; almost like looks of understanding, tinged with "loving ouch" on Mace's part and a little bit of sadness or melancholy on AIDA's.

Metalshark posted:

I have defeated, or at least broke, every robot I have encountered.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 14: The Man Behind the Shield

http://i.imgur.com/SQI47ot.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/kmxjIzK.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/HY5z6xp.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/b9lwbjh.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/XHwtNJQ.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/aloRXxa.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/hW5CvRD.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/bedDjul.gifv

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I think Fitz is in the Matrix and it's now all a dream.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

kayakyakr posted:

I think Fitz is in the Matrix and it's now all a dream.

Next step: Word Up Magazine.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Longbaugh01 posted:

Mackintosh
(Coultron is already too good.)
(Can't think of one for Mace, but now he's definitely a Faker Fake and now actually inhuman.)
Quake 2
(Fitzbit is already p good.)

Skyborg?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It wasn't until I went through the episode again that I realized that the subtitles were supposed to be Coulson's terrible Russian. I thought the cat comment was him trying to make some kind of joke!

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
iMack

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Everyone in the thread can spell the made up robot names right away but even after four years about 25% of posters can't spell Coulson, Mei, Sky, Phitts, SImmins, Maque, or Flail.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Yoo-yoo too.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Metropolis posted:

Everyone in the thread can spell the made up robot names right away but even after four years about 25% of posters can't spell Coulson, Mei, Sky, Phitts, SImmins, Maque, or Flail.

good one

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, just saw that after next week's episode we're getting a six week break.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

muscles like this! posted:

Ugh, just saw that after next week's episode we're getting a six week break.

Fuuuuuck that. It's about this time I always start questioning why I follow any broadcast television show week to week.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The American tv system is just weird, i don't know why they don't wait until they have all the episodes in the can before they start airing.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

I didn't mind it in the moment because SHIELD has fought superpowered beings, evil geniuses, murder skinjob robots, aliens, ghosts, a prophesied world destroyer, immortal demons with flaming skulls, and vast worldwide organizations, while the Superior is just some random rear end in a top hat with a sub. Daisy quaking him across the room was like Indiana Jones shooting that swordsman in Raiders. FOH.

But, yeah, he's coming back to haunt everyone for sure.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oasx posted:

The American tv system is just weird, i don't know why they don't wait until they have all the episodes in the can before they start airing.

They usually have all the episodes done. It's just arbitrary airing restrictions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If the stuff being said about next week being the end of the LMD arc are true and the rest of the season is a third arc than I'm fine with the break. I rather finish reading this book and then wait for the next book than start it now and have it take 4 months to finish.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

They only have 7 episodes left after the next episode. I don't think they have enough room for a third arc.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

enraged_camel posted:

They only have 7 episodes left after the next episode. I don't think they have enough room for a third arc.

That's about how long each of the first two arcs has been so I don't see what's so crazy about that.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

That's about how long each of the first two arcs has been so I don't see what's so crazy about that.

I don't think the current two arcs have been particularly well-developed.

I mean, compared to the last season, this one feels disjointed as hell.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Will there at least be a movie out in the stretch after the break they're trying to sync up with? Guardians 2? Thor?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Obviously there's going to be less development in a 7 episodes than in 11-13, and I'd probably prefer the latter. But I've enjoyed both Ghost Rider and LMD and if the show runners didn't feel like they had enough material to make them longer arcs I'm inclined to go with that rather than asking them to pad them out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tree Dude posted:

Will there at least be a movie out in the stretch after the break they're trying to sync up with? Guardians 2? Thor?

Nope. This years 3 movies are:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2: 5/5/17
Spider-Man Homecoming: 7/7/17
Thor: Ragnarok: 11/3/17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Nope. This years 3 movies are:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2: 5/5/17
Spider-Man Homecoming: 7/7/17
Thor: Ragnarok: 11/3/17

A six week break after Tuesday would at least allow the show to coincide the last few episodes with Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Maybe we'll see some cool references and stuff. :)

• Locked thread