Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean it's been like three years...

I somehow completely missed it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tarezax posted:

I somehow completely missed it. :shrug:

If I remember right, they posted some really awful nsfw screenshots in the visual novel thread, and a mod did a :catstare: all the way to the ban button

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A lot of folks just kinda abruptly stop posting and you forget about them, happens all the time. Generally they've just left or moved on, though sometimes you go back to look and find out the horrible truth on folks like him

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

StrixNebulosa posted:

If I remember right, they posted some really awful nsfw screenshots in the visual novel thread, and a mod did a :catstare: all the way to the ban button

Oh, well, that explains it. I never ventured into that cesspool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StrixNebulosa posted:

'The mod' did nothing until forced to because they were buddies

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Me: "Don't do it, Kanna. Just leave it alone."

Futaba Anzu posted:

she ate that snail
Yeah. Yeah she did.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It seems like Kyoani is better at Dragonmaid than the Dragonmaid guy
Indeed. They did a good job making it the way they did (less :catstare: than the manga), and the rest of the ep was great.
Lookin forward to the rest of the show.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Fafnir and Takiya scene at the end was cute
I hope Kanna didn't eat that snail
Just trying to reenact her favorite scene from the Vision of Escaflowne.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I had escargot for the first time last weekend, and I didn't gag in revolt, it was fine.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Wooow

https://twitter.com/HugBdrill/status/832039601137070080

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hahahahaha, I didn't notice.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

'The mod' did nothing until forced to because they were buddies

The mod's official line was "he can't be a pedo, he's gay."

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Lord please let this show get back to being cute instead of skeevy so we can stop talking about gross ADTRW posters

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Meat Beat Agent posted:

Lord please let this show get back to being cute instead of skeevy so we can stop talking about gross ADTRW posters

Be the poster you want to see

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I mean on one hand the show lowered the skeev factor by making Kanna marginally less of a creep compared to the manga scene, but then we still had Titzalcoatl mashing her chest into a literal child's face so I guess it's a wash? I have confidence that this show will continue to be less skeevy than the manga though. Still crossing my fingers that certain characters will never appear.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AnacondaHL posted:

I had escargot for the first time last weekend, and I didn't gag in revolt, it was fine.

Escargot is supremely delicious it tastes similar to mussels and clams

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Futaba Anzu posted:

Escargot is supremely delicious it tastes similar to mussels and clams
Gross. Mussels are garbage and clams belong in a deep fryer and nowhere else.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

yeah they're good

raw snail probably isn't but I'm no dragon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't eat anything with more than four legs or less than two.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Sakurazuka posted:

A real humanitarian, I see.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

i bet you'd change your tune if you lived in the ocean

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

ultimatemegax posted:

Nendoroids are made by Good Smile Company, who pays royalties (about 3% or so) to the production committee per amount made and shipped to retailers if they are not on the committee for a show. As they're not on the committee for this show, they'd have to see if it makes financial sense for them to make a figure and if they have enough resources/space/time to do so compared to other titles that have more popular merchandise or titles where they are on the committee (like Little Witch Academia).

Kyoto Animation has made similar SD-style figures, but only for K-On! in the movie ending animation costumes. It's unlikely they'll make them for this series.

Oh, thanks for the explanation! A little of a bummer for me, but so it goes. I'll have to see if they come out with anything else for the show I want, I guess. :shobon:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

People who refuse to eat seafood are closed-minded idiots.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it's served battered and fried I'll allow it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/takato96suke/status/831881079149600768

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Captain Invictus posted:

and clams belong in a deep fryer and nowhere else.

So do you but you don't see me calling

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/_errant/status/831908236160700417

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Glagha posted:

I mean on one hand the show lowered the skeev factor by making Kanna marginally less of a creep compared to the manga scene, but then we still had Titzalcoatl mashing her chest into a literal child's face so I guess it's a wash? I have confidence that this show will continue to be less skeevy than the manga though. Still crossing my fingers that certain characters will never appear.

It would have been less weird, slightly at least, if they had dropped the running gag about her getting naked around him all the time.

I am very confused.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

If it's served battered and fried I'll allow it.

the englishist opinion

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Nah, not enough vinegar.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Nah, not enough vinegar.

Good answer! :hfive:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Moshminki/status/832503298699689985

https://twitter.com/Sometime1209/status/824595771899080704

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 17, 2017

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Futaba Anzu posted:

it wasn't as bad as i thought itd be, kyoani even tried to blunt That Scene by using the lighthearted music.

i wonder if it's possible to mouth trace what kanna said she wanted to do to riko

According to http://tl-notes.tumblr.com/post/157369362186/kobayashis-maid-dragon-episode-6-notes (roughly halfway down), it appears it's "nameaiko" (舐め合いこ), AKA the licking thing she does with Tohru mentioned in the third episode.

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
Normies getting bent out of shape over Maid Dragon continues to be both sad and amusing. All of things they find offensive, creepy, off-putting, etc in fiction I either enjoy or am indifferent to. I'd already encountered them in far more explicit circumstances in other forms of fiction and they didn't bother me then. It was always sort of oh that's a thing or I never knew that existed type deal. This is not even a case of desensitization. Like say you walk into your relatives house with their floors soaked with dog piss and the smell is so awful you can barely stand it, but over time you just got used to it. Nothing like that.

It's fiction. Part of our minds, the sometimes rational parts, knows that everything we see in Maid Dragon is nothing more than a series of ideas cobbled together and represented through writing, drawings, sounds, etc to simulate an experience. The simulation works so well it invokes real emotions. We cry and feel awful when a character dies as if a real person had passed away.

The manga ending to Usagi Drop, Shiro panties in NGNL, anything in Kodomo no Jikan? All that and many others never even remotely bothered or upset me. There's always been that very clear divide that keeps normies on one side of the anime and manga fandom. This is that divide. They see those things that are often considered in society to be immoral, unethical, unlawful, and wrong in the real world depicted in some form in fiction and cannot deal with it. Those fictional kids are being exploited or that fictional character is being molested or raped! This is not right! Someone think of the well being of the made up people in these fabricated events!

Incest? So? Rape! Your point? Child Molestation! It's not real. Can you tell? No matter how close to reality fiction depicts certain characters or events it's never anything more than fiction. It's sort of like The Treachery of Images painting by René Magritte. It's times like these I'm reminded how unlike most people I really am. Oh and by the way the censored line during the Lucoa scene at Kobayashi's pace was that she had raped her sister. Rape and incest at the same time! Now that's going too far! Delete! They apparently felt the mere mention of those things was too much. Wonder if the normies would have had a crying fit if they had left it in.

It's extra funny when you understand that by censoring the manga at points, but then not doing so at other points for the animated adapted they've actually made the blow harder for normies unfamiliar with the source to take. They had no idea what they were in for. No! Not my wholesome family dragon maid anime experience! My eyes! No! Get it away! Make it stop! I love the manga and I love the direction they decided to take it for the adaptation which is as it's supposed to be not a one to one copy, but a reinterpretation of the given material at least to a certain extent.

As far as the absolutely ridiculous notion that fictional immorality effects real people, I refer you to this image.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Xeiros fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 18, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:yikes:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

sure is hosed up, that thing you personally typed up

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Well I, for one, enjoyed the parts of the episode where they were just Faffing about.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xeiros posted:

It's times like these I'm reminded how unlike most people I really am.

yeah no poo poo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is why we can't have nice things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

...same?

• Locked thread