Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

suuma posted:

Do you guys think its weird that CAD characters only have 4 fingers

Not as weird as the fact that they all have the same face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

re: webcomics does anyone know why penny arcade was so successful because even when I was a 13 year old with terrible taste in everything I thought it was bad

Clearly I had worse taste than you when I was 13 because I was way into it. It took me until like college before I didn't at least chuckle at it anymore.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MMF Freeway posted:

You don't see the original much these days. lol the blurry hospital stock photos

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The black eyes look fine until tears are added because then they look like dark cavities where eyes should be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Not as weird as the fact that they all have the same face

It worked for Dragon Ball Z.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think that's the point

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Whomp
Hilarity Comics
Oglaf
Perry Bible Fellowship
A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
Pictures For Sad Children
Achewood
Manly Men Doing Manly Things
Awkward Zombie
Life In Aggro

Those last three are decent gaming themed webcomics

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My ex-friend stole my oglaf book

The fucker

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Captain Invictus posted:

My ex-friend stole my oglaf book

The fucker

The worst

Also, RIP Achewood sorta

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

loss edits are getting hella minimalist

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Not anymore now that it's been nuked from the internet!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It used to be that people who wanted to be e-famous drew comics of themselves sitting on a couch playing video games and cracking jokes. Now they actually record themselves sitting on a couch playing video games and cracking jokes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How far am I in Nioh if I just beat the toad

this game is the best

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

How far am I in Nioh if I just beat the toad

this game is the best

About halfway.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

it nice to know the guys from that video game reality show who pitched the horrible sexist game finally got their game made.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I bought FFX and grabbed the music mod and, uh, I did not consider what a difference the music mod would make in tone. :stare:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cyron posted:

it nice to know the guys from that video game reality show who pitched the horrible sexist game finally got their game made.

What?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CJacobs posted:

Not anymore now that it's been nuked from the internet!

Goon elektroboot has a laptop with most if not all of the PoSC archives because John Campbell auctioned off his/her laptop and it still had the files. I'm not sure why they hemmed and hawed about uploading them somewhere until X-O closed the thread but the obvious answer was :justpost:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805183

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Goon elektroboot has a laptop with most if not all of the PoSC archives because John Campbell auctioned off his/her laptop and it still had the files. I'm not sure why they hemmed and hawed about uploading them somewhere until X-O closed the thread but the obvious answer was :justpost:

drat. Campbell may be gone but the memory remains.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LawfulWaffle posted:

Campbell is such a shithead, it's a real shame they went nuts and are trying to erase every trace of their existence and art from the internet

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Campbell is such a shithead, it's a real shame they went nuts and are trying to erase every trace of their existence and art from the internet

He ended his legacy by suddenly deciding to become an insane scam artist and lord knows what he's doing now. Like, the only step forward after making a video of yourself burning the copies of your book that people have already paid for because you "ran out of money to ship them" when your $8000 Kickstartr netted you over $51k is to change careers entirely and never draw enough attention to yourself that someone makes the connection. It's frustrating to watch someone with talent be blind to it and self-destructive, but so it goes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

Ash versus the Evil Dead is the Doom/Wolfenstein TNO of sequel properties coming out after a long time from the great originals and being super amazingly good.

This statement is full of truthiness.

Holy poo poo, "truthiness" is a real word, according to my spellchecker.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For a while I was on Campbell's side during that whole spiel because I understand how depression etc can cause someone to break down and want to remove any evidence of their existence and such. But then they made the post about money being the root of all evil and how it exists to fool you in the same breath as saying other people could help them prove a point by paying their entire living expenses for no compensation. :/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

This statement is full of truthiness.

Holy poo poo, "truthiness" is a real word, according to my spellchecker.

Not only is truthiness in the dictionary now, it was 2006's Word of the Year.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Thank you, Stephen Colbert

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/Steffu_nyan/status/831883396980817921

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a donald trump anime funko... sometimes i wish the sub would just explode...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

"you're fired" axel said, to nobody

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The other day someone in my friend group chat said something about trump firing his cabinet and replacing them with cronies and stuff and I said "well he sure does have a lot of experience with telling people 'you're fired' ha ha ha!" and even though I laughed it made me sad inside

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boy... how many Branes does YHVH's Universe have

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Boy... how many Branes does YHVH's Universe have

4. Best get crackin fucker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

4. Best get crackin fucker!

Good lord. I was expecting something frustrating or something but it's just huge empty and boring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Went with the good end btw. Always find it hard to be a chaotic evil person my first time through. Question about the endings: can you get 4 different finales if you choose to betray your partner after the fight with Krishna

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I normally listen to podcasts at work but because I'm grading papers and find the chit-chat distracting I'm listening to video game music on YouTube. I dunno if I said this before or not but the Killer Instinct 2013 soundtrack is a work of art and you all should listen to it.

It's composed by Mick Gordon, same guy who did the new Wolfenstein and Doom games.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

LawfulWaffle posted:

Whomp
Hilarity Comics
Oglaf
Perry Bible Fellowship
A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
Achewood
Manly Men Doing Manly Things
Awkward Zombie
Life In Aggro

Those last three are decent gaming themed webcomics

May I suggest Poorly Drawn Lines and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal to add to your already good collection, my friend.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

My wife and I own about a dozen Pop! figures, some of them are quite cute and cool. Her favorite is this fellow

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

My wife and I own about a dozen Pop! figures, some of them are quite cute and cool. Her favorite is this fellow

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

Went with the good end btw. Always find it hard to be a chaotic evil person my first time through. Question about the endings: can you get 4 different finales if you choose to betray your partner after the fight with Krishna

There are only two endings depending on if you choose to side with Dagda or not. Joining Lucifer or the Angels is an extended game over instead.

• Locked thread