Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

XIII posted:

Jesus, that episode sure was something. I've thought about the argument they had over rape vs murder so many times over the years. I almost want to listen to it again just to compare who I side with now vs who I sided with a few years ago...

I'm fairly new to the JRE podcast (probably around 30 episodes) and actually been wanting to hear the most tense episodes so I'm listening to it now. If anyone has any other episodes where it's Joe vs Someone, please let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Joe vs. Brian Dunning

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Which number ep is the one where they accuse Joey of stealing some weed and he flips the gently caress out? Am I misremembering this?

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Which number ep is the one where they accuse Joey of stealing some weed and he flips the gently caress out? Am I misremembering this?

There's an earlier episode with Diaz and Doug Stanhope where Doug says that when he lived in LA, Joey would come over and steal his change. Doug gave him the nickname Joey Jingles and Joey didn't like it.

This might be what you are thinking of, or it could be a totally different episode, because for sure Joey has stolen a lot of poo poo.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Chromatic posted:

I take it you've never seen the Jaime Kilstein episode then. Joe was screaming at the top of his lungs at him. It got really ugly and they're no longer on speaking terms I think.

that episode was 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 i need to watch it again

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Here's the pot argument. Joe was being pretty aggressive but i'll let it slide because gently caress Steven Crowder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd0oSNjHf1A

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Chromatic posted:

Here's the pot argument. Joe was being pretty aggressive but i'll let it slide because gently caress Steven Crowder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd0oSNjHf1A

hm it definitely sounds like this guy doesn't care about weed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

Do you think people standing outside of mosques holding assault rifles and hateful signs are fine because they are currently peaceful? These types of people are an incident away from losing their poo poo due to rhetoric from Trump, Breitbart, Alex Jones, Drudge, etc; People are currently, as in the present, burning down mosques and synagogues. Death and bomb threats weekly. A Trump fan shot up a mosque. A kid shot up a black church. You have to be able to see the pure hatred and xenophobia these outlets and personalities are causing. I don't think you understand that peace is relative, and there is a difference between punching your uncle at a dinner because he thinks Trump is actually good, or fighting for the most vulnerable when those in power want them crushed. White nationalism is only growing, and is infiltrating our law enforcement, unchecked. This should, at the very least, worry you.

You're never going to be able to stop lone wolf attacks and associating them with groups is pointless to me. The only way to stop them is with mass surveillance and I sure don't want that.

Everything you're saying makes me feel even stronger in my position - punching angry persecuted white nationalists armed with assault rifles and looking for excuses to get violent doesn't seem to be a great idea and only legitimizes their narrative.

I don't know what the solution here is but, declaring open season on people in America is some uncivilized 3rd world bullshit, and I'd prefer not to bring ourselves down to their level. At that point the message being sent is the nazis' methods of violent rhetoric, assault & murder are absolutely 100% totally valid, since the only thing that separate us are the type of person our violence and intimidation are aimed at. gently caress that. I realize I'm just saying the same thing over and over again while you're not addressing my main actual concern so we'll have to agree to disagree.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
i've considered your argument and have decided that "actually you should just let them kill you" is not convincing thanks tho

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Like Joe says, who decides who's a Nazi?

Because here's a list of people I've personally seen being compared to Nazis in the last few weeks on Twitter, with people urging violent action against them: Zionists, anyone who is pro-Israel, Dan Savage, New Atheists, just atheists, Jesse Singal, Alice Dreger, Richard Dawkins, libertarians. Now, I am not politically on board with a lot of these people but maybe, just maybe, they're not Nazis and shouldn't get physically assaulted.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
"the only thing that separate us are the type of person our violence and intimidation are aimed at. gently caress that."

this is the foundation of your argument and it's completely false btw, sincerely hope this helps

nazis use violence and intimidation aimed at types of people yes

antifa use violence and intimidation specifically aimed at people who are advocating, committing, and normalizing ethnic cleansing

if you can't see why "is muslim" , "is homosexual", or "is latina" is not the same category of thing as "holds a public rally and doxxes trans students to incite neo nazis" you are not a reasonable moderate, you are taking part in ethnic cleansing by standing back and letting it happen. Must feel good about your strong moral stance though!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Megazver posted:

Like Joe says, who decides who's a Nazi?

Because here's a list of people I've personally seen being compared to Nazis in the last few weeks on Twitter, with people urging violent action against them: Zionists, anyone who is pro-Israel, Dan Savage, New Atheists, just atheists, Jesse Singal, Alice Dreger, Richard Dawkins, libertarians. Now, I am not politically on board with a lot of these people but maybe, just maybe, they're not Nazis and shouldn't get physically assaulted.

You can spot them by the red hats, FYI

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

crazy cloud posted:

you are taking part in ethnic cleansing

lol yeah

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

This is my entire point right here, folks.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
there are scary people out to get me everywhere. they are the personification of evil and they're going to kill us all. they're coming for me. btw im NOT mentally ill

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Yeah I mean, I am addressing what you are saying. I just don't agree with it. There is nothing in history that says sitting back and letting people trample on others leads to more understanding and caring for each other. We are in the immediate beginning of something, we may not know what it is, but it certainly isn't normal. And the hatred is aimed at PoC. I think you are a good poster and at the very least a decent person BTW, and in the not too distant past I would've immediately agreed with you, but we live in seriously different times. This isn't lone wolf poo poo. These people are clearly being aggravated by white nationalist rhetoric.

e: Just to make it clear, I don't think Trump supporters are fascist. But I do think is all it will take is certain events to transpire to cause them to be, as it would be said in the past, collaborators. Check out the tapes of people in the crowds at his rallies and his inauguration. The hate and anger is there. We can not pretend that they are all useless, worthless town oafs.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 16, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

Yeah I mean, I am addressing what you are saying. I just don't agree with it. There is nothing in history that says sitting back and letting people trample on others leads to more understanding and caring for each other. We are in the immediate beginning of something, we may not know what it is, but it certainly isn't normal. And the hatred is aimed at PoC. I think you are a good poster and at the very least a decent person BTW, and in the not too distant past I would've immediately agreed with you, but we live in seriously different times. This isn't lone wolf poo poo. These people are clearly being aggravated by white nationalist rhetoric.

:tipshat: I could see myself being much closer in agreement if I weren't so terrified of the future implications I spelled out, such as the crazy person who just told me 5 minutes ago under no uncertain terms that I am complicit in ethnic cleansing (and, thus, a nazi) because of my anti-violence views and how many more there are of him than I think there are actual nazis.

It's weird cause that one post told me that both sides now equally hate me for being PoC and simultaneously a Nazi sympathizer by their growing and growing definition lol. I just do not trust these groups at all. I'm glad we are still able to talk about it tho, you are 100% sane and reasonable to me.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 16, 2017

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

If you aren't out in the streets punching people you've decided are Nazis, then you yourself must be a Nazi and deserve to be punched.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Also this loving Steven Crowder guy is insufferable and I'm less than 30mins in.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

crazy cloud posted:

nazis use violence and intimidation aimed at types of people yes

crazy cloud posted:

lol

also lol that you have like 10 probations for telling people to kill themselves. You are either an actual crazy person or a really great troll

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
What credible evidence is there that POC are actually, wrongfully under attack? The media will have you believe that people are running for cover. Annecdotally, I've seen none of it. Outside of the statistically insignificant shootings/terrorist attacks (mostly perpetrated by POC)/ handful of cases where a POC from poverty is shot by the police I don't see the evidence. I don't buy into the America is racist and hateful rhetoric. I think it's the media whipping people into a frenzy and people are too angry from the economic downturn or ignorant to realize it.

Comparitively, America is a much better place for POC than it was just 60 or 70 years ago. Is it perfect? Hell no. Not even 200 years ago people were keeping slaves. Can it be better? Yeah, probably. Can we use hate crime statistics from other countries as a benchmark? I don't think so. America is not an ethnically homogeneous place and that brings its own set of problems not many other countries share.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Smeed posted:

What credible evidence is there that POC are actually, wrongfully under attack? The media will have you believe that people are running for cover. Annecdotally, I've seen none of it. Outside of the statistically insignificant shootings/terrorist attacks (mostly perpetrated by POC)/ handful of cases where a POC from poverty is shot by the police I don't see the evidence. I don't buy into the America is racist and hateful rhetoric. I think it's the media whipping people into a frenzy and people are too angry from the economic downturn or ignorant to realize it.

Comparitively, America is a much better place for POC than it was just 60 or 70 years ago. Is it perfect? Hell no. Not even 200 years ago people were keeping slaves. Can it be better? Yeah, probably. Can we use hate crime statistics from other countries as a benchmark? I don't think so. America is not an ethnically homogeneous place and that brings its own set of problems not many other countries share.

gutting of the voting rights act by scotus followed by immediate, systematic reinstatement of jim crow laws designed to combat """""""""""""""voter fraud"""""""""""""""""

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Haverchuck posted:

gutting of the voting rights act by scotus followed by immediate, systematic reinstatement of jim crow laws designed to combat """""""""""""""voter fraud"""""""""""""""""

Are those laws specifically targeting POC or will they also impact the poor? What I'm getting at is I don't think what we're dealing with is a race war, but a class war. Nobody with money is going to admit this because thatd mean sharing their riches. Instead they just want to toss them in prison.

Yes, there is definitely some tension between Americans and Middle Eastern people, and for good reason as we're blowing up their homes for dubious reasons

I think it's a class war because a lot of the problems POC face are also faced by poor white people.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
except the poor white people blame all the PoC for their problems, so

Like you really just have to ignore what is going down across the country, or be very lucky to not come across people who are pretty open about their insanely racist views. A lot of these people won't act of it cause they are inherently cowards, but people have felt emboldened due to the president.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2017/02/15/hate-groups-increase-second-consecutive-year-trump-electrifies-radical-right

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
This thread is fun

Lol jk

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Smeed posted:

Are those laws specifically targeting POC or will they also impact the poor? What I'm getting at is I don't think what we're dealing with is a race war, but a class war. Nobody with money is going to admit this because thatd mean sharing their riches. Instead they just want to toss them in prison.

Yes, there is definitely some tension between Americans and Middle Eastern people, and for good reason as we're blowing up their homes for dubious reasons

I think it's a class war because a lot of the problems POC face are also faced by poor white people.

the north carolina GOP actually commissioned a study to see how black people voted and then designed their voter suppression strategy to specifically target them like a laser beam

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I still stand by my thought that it's a class war and not a race war. Poor white people wouldnt have many of the problems they have if they had money. If what is claimed about the North Carolina GOP is true that's terrible, but I don't think the root cause of their hatred for black people is because of their skin color but because they've associated being black with doing stupid poo poo that poor people do.

All I'm saying is that if wealth were more evenly distributed a lot of this poo poo would stop.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/nealpollack/status/832307017473728512

Listen I understand no one is going to break it to you that people are really racist, especially the further you get from cities, but that's what is going on. I wish it were class based but it really isn't.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Discrimination based on hair or eye color isn't widespread so Im not going to believe that people legitimately hate each other because of their skin color and that there isn't some underlying cause.

I don't mean to argue racism doesn't exist but I am trying to say that it's a symptom of something else.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
To be fair Joe does think weed is a magical cure all drug.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I heard, you can't cuck a cucker.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
to be fair tho weed is a magical cure-all drug

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Less nazi chat and more #powerful gorilla loving pls

quake and bigfoot. beating off in float tanks. Can you imagine ? Woah

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Smeed posted:

Discrimination based on hair or eye color isn't widespread so Im not going to believe that people legitimately hate each other because of their skin color and that there isn't some underlying cause.

I don't mean to argue racism doesn't exist but I am trying to say that it's a symptom of something else.

Throughout the united states south, whites are still furious at the federal government for forcing them to give voting rights to black people, generations later. They will always, always, always try to find ways to cheat political power from their former victims

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has anyone heard of when Ari will be on next? I generally enjoy his episodes and he's been AWOL from posting his own podcast for a while.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Smeed posted:

Has anyone heard of when Ari will be on next? I generally enjoy his episodes and he's been AWOL from posting his own podcast for a while.

Ari turned his flip phone off and is traveling around off the grid in Africa or something. He's been gone for like two months, I think.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/JOEROGAN/posts/10154686263024902:0

Joe apologized for the episode with Steven Crowder

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

hot sauce posted:

it's just like rogan to be a pussy corward snowflake bitch when his guests are racist conservative assholes and bigots.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

hot sauce posted:

I'm really lost about this because watching the debate he was honestly pretty nice to him and gave him more respect than he deserves. Crowder kept saying he didn't care and didn't want to talk about it but then brings up his bullshit stats and says joe should read his article. Joe was right he kept saying he didn't care but he argued the whole time clearly he gave some sort of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

joe comes in contact with a cool right winger
cool right winger has abhorrent view on his best friend
joe defends best friend but wants to appear cool
cognitive dissonance
joe over corrects later on facebook
joe crawls into his sensory deprivation chamber for the night
cool right winger's face hovers above, smiling
joe smiles back. "he likes me"