Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tolkien minority posted:

Me (23F) and my boyfriend (23M) have been together for 2 years. About 5 months ago, he was really depressed and his friend convinced him to join a cult-like group. He's been out of it for 4 months, but I'm having a hard time getting over it

Whats the evil forums cult????

I'm all in on redpill, though was thinking stormfront until the Machiavelli namedrop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Tolkien minority posted:

Me (23F) and my boyfriend (23M) have been together for 2 years. About 5 months ago, he was really depressed and his friend convinced him to join a cult-like group. He's been out of it for 4 months, but I'm having a hard time getting over it

Whats the evil forums cult????
Man a few years ago there was a /r/relationships post that was clearly fake and about a loved one becoming obsessed with irony because of a forum(obviously fyad), it was pretty funny. There was one guy giving out sincere advice and being genuinely very confused by all the other commenters talking about Jim's long face.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

While it is totally fine to have a long-term FWB and keep it that way, it is not okay to just casually say "Eh, I guess keeping our child is okay. Good stuff. Want to meet up and bang later?" and move on as if nothing happened. Dude's an rear end in a top hat and I bet the girl's very unhappy about the whole situation with their baby.

His mom should leave them the heck alone though. It isn't her business.

Girl might also be happy that the guy isn't a bigger part of her and her kid's life, for reasons similar to whyever she kept the relationship as FWB.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

found the goon
New theory on classic toilet positioning debate?

quote:

My girlfriend (of nearly 4 years, she's 28, I'm 30) and I recently had a conversation where we agreed that neither of us should try to change one another. As a result, I told her I wasn't willing to change my view on the "the male should be required to put the toilet seat down" debate and that I would continue to leave it up.

A point(P)/counterpoint(CP) argument ensued.

P: I might fall in CP: Although poo'ing is infrequent in relation to urination, as a male, I make sure the seat is in the proper position as to not fall in, and it seems reasonable for you to do the same.

P: I have to put effort into raising the toilet seat, which I should have nothing to do with because it should always be left down. CP: (Disregarding poo as a factor in this discussion, and assuming we have a staggered urination schedule) When I come in, I have to raise the seat; when you come in, you have to lower the seat; when I come in; I have to raise it. To me, it seems fair to have a 50/50 split the required effort rather than having it all fall on me.

This argument for some reason didn't work for her. My compromise: We both put up and down both the seat and the cover each bathroom visit. If this were to occur, we both have to put both portions up before and down after using the toilet. This results in 50/50 effort while simultaneously adding the benefit of cleanliness, as it keeps poo plumes from getting all over the bathroom during the flush.

P: I might accidentally pee on the toilet cover CP: If the plan were to be implemented, and you pee on the cover, I would clean it up, and we could reevaluate the compromise at that point (although you can't pee on the cover on purpose!).
She refused to consider this compromise...she wants me to always leave ONLY the seat down and not the cover. How does reddit feel about this argument? Any suggestions on how to handle this?

tl;dr GF doesn't think that always putting down both toilet seats is a good compromise!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't care what people decorate their walls with but if you're older than 18 years old you better Goddamn have your posters in frames

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

found the goon

I'm trying to read this, but it just reads like the sound a dot-matrix printer makes

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

found the goon

yeah definitely a neat twist on a classic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

purple death ray posted:

I don't care what people decorate their walls with but if you're older than 18 years old you better Goddamn have your posters in frames

This is an absolute. If it's on the wall, it is in a frame.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

found the goon

if you're a man who doesn't sit down when pissing (exceptions - shower, outdoors, urinal etc) then you better be the designated toilet cleaner

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Danaru posted:

I'm trying to read this, but it just reads like the sound a dot-matrix printer makes

i was impressed how it managed to be much shorter than the derails itt while maintaining their same totally unreadable essence

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

boner confessor posted:

if you're a man who doesn't sit down when pissing (exceptions - shower, outdoors, urinal etc) then you better be the designated toilet cleaner

what kinda self respecting individual with a penis sits down to take a piss????

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I thought that post was going to be about toilet paper positioning, or sitting down vs. standing up use of toilet paper. Goons have trouble talking about going to the bathroom.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

if youre at home and you don't sit down to piss you're probably just scared of toilet snakes or something childish

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Subjunctive posted:

Girl might also be happy that the guy isn't a bigger part of her and her kid's life, for reasons similar to whyever she kept the relationship as FWB.

More came out in the comments and op the girl has been hinting at dating but the op has been pretty indecisive about everything

quote:

Amanda would probably be happy as FWB as long as it meant we stayed together but realistically I think that would be a bad dynamic given that we're going to have a child soon. I think it would be healthier to either break up or move towards something more normal, and I'd rather become a couple than leave her.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

if youre at home and you don't sit down to piss you're probably just scared of toilet snakes or something childish

don't do this, even as a 'joke', tia

My [20 F] white boyfriend's [22 M] family seems pretty racist and I'm not sure what to do.

quote:

I'm a black female and I've been dating my boyfriend for about 7 months. We've been friends for 2 years. We met in university and are both planning on going to the same pharmacy school this September. He's met my family and although they've always preferred I dated someone who was Nigerian (That's where I'm from) They don't really have a problem with him since he's educated and respectful and I coached him on all the Nigerian customs and being respectful. Bonus points that he was great with technology and able to help my dad with setting up our new TV.

I had never met his family since he lives quite far from the University. He recently invited me up to where he lived. He did warn me that his parents were old fashioned and that there weren't a lot of black people in the town he was from but that they were generally nice people. I was a little wary going in but surely a boy who would date a black girl couldn't have been raised by a racist family? I was wrong.

So I went to his house as his family was celebrating his grandmother's birthday. When I got there everybody stared at me I'm the first black person they saw. Literally the first thing someone said to me was that "I was very pretty for a black girl." This pissed me off already buy I didn't say anything. The whole experience was so uncomfortable and terrible. The whole time I was there they asked me really dumb question like if I liked rap music and then talked about how much they hated it, I mentioned I had a brother and they said they hoped he wasn't involved in criminal activity. (They said this to my face). On the news there was something related to the black lives matter movement and his grandfather went on a rant about how it was "full of thugs" and cops are just doing their jobs. His grandmother said I seemed "smarter" then most black people. When I told them I was born in Nigeria, they asked if I lived in a house or a hut, if we had toilets and the "terrible stuff" I must have gone through as child and asked if they had food like the type they served where I was from.

Anyway the whole thing was terrible. I pretended I had a family emergency and the first thing the next morning I took a taxi to the bus station and took a 12 hour bus ride home.

I told my boyfriend I wasn’t sure if the relationship would work. I'v personally never experience such racism to my face before. He’s apologized so many times and didn’t think they would act like that and that they generally don’t say bad things about people. I told him this was BS and that he let me walk into a trap without properly warning me. He then admitted his grandparents used to be pretty racist when his parents were kids but have cooled down a lot as they grew up and his parents aren’t really racist and are just a little ignorant since they don’t know any black people. He said when he told them I was black at first they were sort of against it but eventually asked him to invite me over so they could meet me and he claims they actually liked me. He thinks I’m over reacting and overtime they’ll get used too me and they didn’t mean badly and that he was nothing like them when it comes to race issues and opinions.

I told my sister about it and she thinks it’s not worth it and I should dump him. This happened last weekend and I’ve only spoken to him once – when he said I was over reacting and being over dramatic. I’m just not sure what to do. I really do like him and he’s really funny and a gentleman and smart and his views seem to be much more liberal than his parents. (we’ve talked about race together) But I don’t think I want to deal with racist families, especially when he won’t even admit to me that they’re racist. Any advice? What would you do?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

h o r s e

I[27M] believe my girlfriend's [24F] hobby is dragging her down, along with our relationship.

quote:

My girlfriend is a full time student (last year), part time employee at her father's business, and a full time "equine" rider. For those who do not know, "equine" is the horses that ride in the ring doing jumps. It is very professional looking, takes tons of money and time. Lately she has been very stressed with term papers and more responsibility at work as her father approaches retirement. Her remaining time is spent taking care of her horses (3 of them). She feeds them everyday and every night, medicine, needs to ride them a couple times per week, essentially the highest maintenance animal people can have. The horses are probably a 30-40 hour per week job/hobby.
We have talked about her future and what she wants to do. She admits she knows she's going to end up running her father's business full time, and she will not be pursuing a career in the equine sport. She has admitted that one day she will probably stop riding. However she has rode horse since she was a young girl. She has feed and cared for these animals for about 20 years now. She can't seem to let it go.
The only reason I bring this here to reddit is because it has gotten so bad lately, that I feel my presence (our relationship) is just another burden/source of stress on her. Lots of decisions in our relationship are based around her horses.
*Can't sleep over, horses need breakfast in morning *Can't go to a movie or be out late, horses need dinner. *Can't have a spontaneous lunch, have to ride horses. *Can't see each other at all because what little time she has left is spent doing homework.
We see each other 3 hours on Friday, and an early date night on Saturday. Sunday night I may or may not go to her house, but she is consumed by all the homework due that following week. I don't want to sound sleazy but we only have sex once a week, skipping the period week. So its like 3 sex times a month, its killing me.
She doesn't like to talk about the horses, because it upsets her. I can't mention the lack of sex, she gets mad...so I tell her we don't spend enough time together, which is true.
In my mind all her stress would be a lot less if she just quit with the loving horses. I see the entire sport as a loving display of money and wealth. She can't ride professionally cause that takes a multimillion dollar show horse (her $100,000 horse is amateur level). I do respect and love what the sport has done to her. She has grown up very responsible and caring/loving person because of the horses. The topic is off limits for me, because she cries if I bring it up. She knows she can't ride for a living, she recognizes her family business as the proper career path.
I hate getting involved, but lately spending time with me is a burden. She can't seem to relax ever because she has work, school, me, and her horses. I'm not happy, she doesn't seem happy, and I blame all of this on the drat horses. They are seriously a full time job that she doesn't need right now.
tl;dr: My girlfriend loves horses and admits she has no future with them, however still dumps hours a week into them.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

purple death ray posted:

My nerd posters (framed, of course) are the theatrical posters for the original Star Wars trilogy, it's pretty tasteful for nerd decor.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tolkien minority posted:

what kinda self respecting individual with a penis sits down to take a piss????

someone who doesn't want to be constantly cleaning piss crust off a toilet aka a grown rear end adult

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
It's harder to spend 20 minutes browsing the internet afterward if you pee standing up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

boner confessor posted:

someone who doesn't want to be constantly cleaning piss crust off a toilet aka a grown rear end adult

lol sorry to hear that you can't aim your dick properly into a gaping hole but good one

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

This is an absolute. If it's on the wall, it is in a frame.

Uh, my artwork isn't, like, confined by boundaries, man.

I framed the pieces that I was planning required framing a couple of years ago though. I'm not gonna frame my raw, unstretched canvas speed painting poo poo. That would defeat the purpose.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nobody wants to hear how you piss you dumb idiots

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nazzadan posted:

h o r s e

I[27M] believe my girlfriend's [24F] hobby is dragging her down, along with our relationship.

this post is like a perfectly crafted pick honeypot.

still though this falls under "pre-existing pets get preferred treatment." Those horses have been around for 20 goddamn years dude, just go and find someone that doesn't have any horses. It can't be hard unless you live in the hunnic empire or something

edit:

quote:

For those who do not know, "equine" is the horses that ride in the ring doing jumps.
lol

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 16, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Andrast posted:

Nobody wants to hear how you piss you dumb idiots

From my peehole, generally.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i mean there's really no downside to splattering piss all over the place if your mom still cleans your toilet :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

boner confessor posted:

i mean there's really no downside to splattering piss all over the place if your mom still cleans your toilet :shrug:

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol sorry to hear that you can't aim your dick properly into a gaping hole but good one

Are you really having trouble hitting the toilet with the seat up?

If you go for seat down (challenge mode), I get it, but it's not hard to hit the toilet with the seat up.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

From my peehole, generally.

nobody wants to hear where you pi-wait what

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WampaLord posted:

My nerd posters (framed, of course) are the theatrical posters for the original Star Wars trilogy, it's pretty tasteful for nerd decor.

gently caress you

boner confessor posted:

gently caress you

TheScott2K posted:

It's harder to spend 20 minutes browsing the internet afterward if you pee standing up.

gently caress you

MinibarMatchman posted:

gently caress you

Pvt.Scott posted:

I framed the pieces that I was planning required framing a couple of years ago though. I'm not gonna frame my raw, unstretched canvas speed painting poo poo. That would defeat the purpose.

hmmm....gently caress you

My girlfriend[F27] of 9 years is on a walk with another man[M50's] and she doesn't know that I[M25] know the truth.

quote:

Well it is kind of a long story but basically we have been together for 9 years now. She is a female, 27 and I am a male, 25. We have lived at this current apartment for about 6 months now.

She started acting weird at the beginning of April. It was up and down, one day she would almost avoid me and the next day she would be loving and affectionate. The days she avoids me sure makes me feel like crap, because she says things to push me away like she doesn't want me around her.

Well there has been this co-worker of hers who I believe is in his 50's. When I first learned of him she made sure to note that they are just friends and that I wouldn't be jealous because he is old. Maybe she was being honest and just wanted to be only friends with him at first, or she was playing me like I'm an idiot... who knows...

Well anyways this last month has sucked to say the least, I thought maybe I haven't been giving her enough attention or something. So I started making sure we have been doing something, anything, together at least every other day or so. Basically tons of date nights all month long. On these dates she acts pretty normal and seems appreciative... but then soon after she is back to the ups and downs. Any time I asked her what was wrong she would just beat around the bush and just say she needed "alone" time.

Now during the beginning of April she quit her job she had with that older co-worker for a new job that pays a lot better. Oh and I should mention, that co-worker, he lives in the SAME apartment complex as us... Well anyways she has been spending a few hours about 2 days a week with him, either going on walks, going to his place for lunch to chat, ect.

I knew something was up, I've known her for too long to not know something what out of place. And this 50 year old dude hanging out with a 20's girl is... well... creepy! At least it feels that way to me.. Doesn't help my dad is a bit of a pervert in his early 50's... I just realized he's older than my father... ugh. Well ANYWAYS... I went to use her restroom once (we have two baths her, I kind of took the other one while I gave her the master bedroom bathroom) and noticed a book on the floor.. a secret diary she apparently had...

Normally I would NEVER read someones diary, even my partners, ever. But I've been so stressed this last month I swear I'm absolutely surprised I haven't lost all my hair. So I just took a peak at a random page and that is where my fears were confirmed..

In the diary she says basically she has feelings for this ex co-worker of hers. And she has used this diary strictly for writing about every visit she has had with him such as the walks shes been going on with him. It is how she feels about how it went and if he will ever see her as more than a friend. I knew something was going on but reading this made my heart snap in two.

In the middle of our relationship I should mention we broke up for about 2 years and got back together 4 years ago. We were young and I just marked off us breaking up as us just her not knowing what she wanted because of us being young at the time. Now I feel like an idiot.

Basically from what I got from the diary she wants to be with this older guy but he isn't giving the signals she's looking for and seems to only want to be her friend. This guys ex wife cheated on him with another man and left him for this man. Strangely he is friends with this other man his ex wife is with now, he says he does it for his kids but he also mentions he still loves her. That is what my girlfriend told me anyways. So maybe he isn't acting on her signals out of respect for me since he went through something similar... who knows. Or maybe he really isn't interested.

Either way from what I read it sounds like she doesn't want to leave me though if she can't be with him... Sure feels good be be second! Especially to a guy that could be her father.. no offense to those with age gap relationships, if you are both happily in love I'm really glad for the both of you, just sucks to be in this position.. I guess I'm kind of angry and my heart is a bit torn apart right now. :(

So that is the situation... she is on a walk with him right now and I just couldn't take it anymore and had to tell someone, so I'm here telling you guys and gals... I hope you have some good advice for me because man I need it right now.

The worst part right now is that I can't stand the thought of him touching her in ways only I have since I'm the only relationship she has been in... I know it's weird but thinking of the idea of him kissing her, and everything is killing me.

She could do so much better than him too, not because he is older but just the kind of guy he is. He is nice to her and I think she likes the attention but I know this is just lust she is feeling and will fade real quick if they ever got serious.. and I can see her getting hurt in the end. I should be mad at her and not care she will get hurt but I still care deeply about her.

So the fact she is basically cheating on me in my mind, the fact that this other guy would never treat her the right way, and the idea of him touching her is killing me, I'm just a mess right now. Also I made the big mistake of getting 3 joint credit cards filled with debt with her so that'll be interesting if we break up again...

I want to be with her til the day I die, or at least I thought I did... but I have no idea how to repair this. I tried for a month being romantic and taking her all over to fun places and making sure she felt loved and now I just feel like I have no choice but to stand aside or she gets mad at me complaining about smothering her.. What to do? I feel like if I'm blunt and bring it up with her she will just panic and end the relationship.. she'd be the type to do that..

Sorry this came out so long, I did not plan for it to be this long... She is still on the walk and now it is dark out... >_<

My eyes are too watery and red to re-read this for errors, sorry if there are any.. it sure is hard hiding this pain from her when she is around, acting like everything is fine..

TL;DR 27yr old Girlfriend of 9 years has crush on 50's year old ex co-worker, been going on walks together, since he lives in same apartment complex, for past month. Found diary that said she has crush on him but she isn't sure he wants to be more than friends. She doesn't know I know, and thinks I think they are only friends and that is all she wants to be with him. I want to stay with her but she just pushes me away when I try to do stuff for her to make sure she feels loved.

As suggested I'm going to copy and paste my updates here I made below... hopefully I'm doing this right...

Update 1 (kind of just more details about her childhood, in case it is relevant): She had a rough childhood... her mom was crazy, like yelling at the wall and tv, she had some mental issues and refused to see a doctor.. her dad slept in a separate room because of this and he basically ignored her mother. Her mom would lash out verbally to her from time to time and she would have to use earplugs in the night so she couldn't hear her mom yelling at the tv or something. Her father has apologized recently to her about how he tried to ignore the way her mother was acting. So not sure if she see's this older man as a father figure or something.. In fact she told me later after we got back together that the phone call I answered when she called me right before we got back together when she was all crying, she was seriously thinking about committing suicide and talking to me saved her life.. (EDIT: apparently she locked herself in her bathroom for almost 3 days). Ever since she moved out here with me she never got depressed again, now that she was away from the toxic home situation she had.

Update 2: She just sent me a text saying "I'm gonna hang out for a bit longer. Is that ok?" I'm sure they are hanging out at his place, too late to be chilling on a random bench.. EDIT: Thanks again for all the replies, I'll keep you guys updated on what happens... I'm gonna try to take the advice here and confront her... if she gets home anytime soon..

Update 3: Well here is the update. She got home all cheery and calling me sweety like nothing is wrong... she ran off to the bathroom before I could say anything, which I'm assuming was to go and use her "bathroom diary".

When she came out I told her we have to talk. I started to ask her questions giving her a chance to fess up and she admitted that there were some problems and I told her we are going to sit down and talk about it tomorrow. I think she was surprised how serious I sounded and didn't expect it.

I felt really angry when I saw her come in, which surprised me (I am not an angry person at all in the least bit), and realized I need to collect my thoughts so I told her we are talking soon as we wake up in the morning. She's sleeping on the couch right now..

I have the journal with me now and will show it to her when we get up.. this should be interesting..

Thank you for all the advice, I was really upset at first and my self respect did go down the toilet, even started giving myself "what if's" like if I could of done something different to prevent this. I'm glad I am settling this now and not dreading it for who knows how long hoping for it to fix itself.

I'll update you all really soon if your still around in the morning! I'm sure I'm going to need some advice after we talk..

EDIT: I'm not sure if I should look and see her newest entry from today... not sure I want to know. I have a pretty good idea already what I'm going to say to her now. I've pretty much accepted what is going on now. ;p

Update 4: I barely got any sleep and stayed up really late because of all this. I'm really tired but I was going to confront her about it anyways right then, but when I started to ask her the questions and she admitted finally that something was up (I think she realized I knew something) I could feel myself getting angry because I trusted her so much and as stupid as this sounds I didn't want to say anything I'd regret.

My head hurts and it is hard to think clearly right now... she knows I'm upset and that I'm serious so she stopped trying to beat around the bush and is realizing the reality of everything I believe. If she tried to dodge my questions I probably would of said that's it right then and there but she was forward with me.

I feel like some sleep will do me good and I think I already feel better enough since I started to confront her about it that I can actually rest a bit. I think I'll be able to say everything I want to clearly tomorrow...

It'd be nice if we could remain friends after all this, being we had so much history together including prom, but I just don't know right now if I can do that.. I think that is what hurts most of all.

I really feel like you all helped me confront her with this, thank you so much. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

Update 5: I read it.. Basically says he is moving in 2 months and he wants her to be his room mate. She asked him if he thought they could ever be more than friends and he said yes. He also said to her that he was really close to kissing her... and he said he was very attracted to her. Then she goes on to say that everything she wanted to happen or hear happened. And finishes it with "Now what... this is a lot to process."

Had a feeling it was something like this being she was gone for so long on a "walk." Well I guess this just solidifies everything and there was no hope and it is time for me to move on.. trying to stay strong now.. I knew I was pretty much ending it but still hard to read this.. why him of all people... I feel a bit nauseous..

I guess I gave him too much credit thinking he was being respectful of my situation.. but I guess if it wasn't him it would of been someone else. I just wish she was single for awhile, somehow I feel that would of helped me get through this..

EDIT: She mentioned that he said he had a room mate for 4 months once and it was a FWB situation and he preferred that more than a relationship. I have a feeling he's having similar ideas with her now. I don't know if I should try to help her realize this or just focus on getting out of this situation and leave her to figure it out..

Update 6: wow... this post got a ton of comments... I'll make this mini update then start reading these replies..

So I just woke up and she is still sleeping. I think I'm glad I slept first, my head feels a ton better.. but now I have so much going on in my mind. I guess what I'm wondering is exactly what to ask her..

I'm gonna start reading some replies and post again.. someone mentioned last night to update the main post with all the updates, i guess I'll copy and paste my comment updates up there.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the help.

Update 7: I read all the posts and man there is a lot to take in and a lot of really good advice. She is still sleeping which I can't believe being 5pm already.. She goes into work at 11pm, she starts her new night shift so maybe she is trying to make her new sleep schedule or something.

First off I saw this whole her being a virgin thing got quite a response.. when we were first together we got really close to doing it but it started to hurt too much before anything got.. erm.. in... and she paniced and it stopped right there. We always planned to return to it and try again but she has always just been too scared. She has like super sensitive skin, you can poke her in the arm and it hurts quite a bit to her so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I've tried to get her to see a gyno (she never has) but every time she got close to going she chickened out because she thought the thing they insert was going to hurt too much and she is also SUPER shy about being touched, if someone touches her she jumps.. it took a month or so before she was comfortable enough with me to touch her like normal couples do.

Well anyways before we got another chance to try again that was when our break of 2 years happened. Then we got back together, her mom hit her in the arm during an argument when her mom was having an "episode" of mental instability.

I had her drive down to where I live and she moved in with me when I was living with my parents (it is a condo that is separated for a room mate I guess, even your own water heater and thermostat). I got pretty sick for quite awhile, Crohns to be precise. After a year or so I finally got it under control and happy to say I've been healthier than ever, ever since. Then we focused on getting our own place, saving up to move into the place we are in today.

We brought up the idea of sex quite a few times while saving up money and we would buy a new bottle of lube each time (they kept expiring). But she really just kept getting too scared. I don't consider myself a very sexual person but I wouldn't mind sex either for sure(my left hand was my fwb.. lol). So I just never really "pushed" her hard for it. We made it kind of a "prize" to get our own place together and we would do it then, which looking back I think was just more of an excuse to put it off and she was still scared of it mentally. 6 months into our new place and we still haven't, I just figured eventually she would be ready, maybe go see that gyno and we would try it, heck I thought she wasn't going anywhere so what was the hurry... and the idea of waiting for marriage popped up a few times but it was just more of an excuse to put it off..

And no I am not religious in any way what so ever, neither is she really, maybe just some spiritual beliefs.. her parents are kind of Christian, and the rest of her family is SUPER Christian.. I guess her family use to live in a village in China before they came over to the US (she however was born in the US) and it sounds like it was quite a Christian village.. but her herself is not religious at all really..

Well anyways she is still sleeping and getting ready to say what I need to say, I'm basically gonna tell her to sit down at the dining room table and we are gonna talk. Then I'm gonna ask her what is going on, and I can tell something is wrong. And hopefully she starts spilling the beans. I'm going to ask her WHY she has feelings for this man. And then I'm going to ask her where we go from here....

Well that is what I got so far, we will see where it goes... I have a feeling I'm going to start crying when I start talking to her about this, do you think that is a bad thing or should I be trying to act tough? I really don't know if I'd be able to if I wanted to...

Edit: Btw I don't know if this matters but we do have rings and we were planning on getting married but we just wanted to make sure we had enough money to have a nice one and it wasn't super important to be married, as long as we were together that is all that seemed to matter to us at the time. Heck we even talked about possible kids in the future, but again wanted to make sure we were financially stable with a house we own before considering it.

Update 8: Damnit, I finally built up my courage to face this and she shut down and refused to talk about it. She wants to wait til she gets back from work and doesn't want to do it 2 hours before she has to leave for her first day of training at night shift.. I told her to talk about it now and she refused and went to go get ready. I'm leaving to my cousins right now, I'll use the computer there to read any more replies here. I'm too mad/upset to stick around while she gets ready for work.

Edit: Clarifying that I will still be here on cousins computer to read/reply to more replies.

Update 9: Hey all, sorry for leaving you all hanging yesterday.. I will be making an update really soon here. We had a hell of a talk, and it was a drat good one, that is for sure. I totally had it planned out to go in my head one way but as I started to talk I realized a lot about myself and it went a whole other direction.

Are we staying together as a couple? No, we are not.

I will give you all the details really soon, but we've been talking all day and my eyes really, REALLY hurt right now. I'm going to shower and I'll be back in a few hours for the full update..

Again thank you all so very much. You may all be internet strangers but I feel like you are all close friends to me in some weird way now, because you all helped me get through this and to actually bring it up to her. Otherwise I might have kept it balled up and pretending everything was okay.

Thank you.

Update 10:

Okay, for the full update now. Well I put off the talk yesterday, I was going to tell her soon as she got home but as it approached I started analyzing our relationship and how I personally felt about it. With this whole old dude situation aside I realized I wasn't really happy myself.

While we have a ton in common and I love her so much, our relationship really wasn't working the more I thought about it. I think a lot of it has to do with the difference in maturity between us. I was never treated with much respect and the affection you would expect someone you're in a relationship to have for you, just wasn't there.

It hit me then that we make much better friends, as hard as it is for me to admit this. We have so much history with each other and we have so much in common we really wanted it to work.

I realize now that I deserve much better. I'm always looking out on how to help others and so focused on what others want that I never really looked at what "I" want. And looking back I wasn't treated the way one should be, especially in a relationship.

I went in the bedroom and saw she was awake. I laid down and asked her about her day. I asked her if she wants to talk about what is going on and she replied with "No" while looking away from me. I ask again and she quickly replies again with "No." We laid there for about 5 minutes quietly and then she starts bawling. I start tearing up a bit.

She asked how long I knew something wasn't right and I told her a month ago I could tell something was up with her. Which she replies with "You know me so drat well" and I said "I know." I explained what I realized and she agreed with everything I had to say. We both laughed a bit while passing the tissue back and forth.

We talked about what we want in life and she realizes now that she needs to focus on herself. What she wants to achieve and where she wants to be. I helped her realize that she is trying to fill the void of being unhappy with herself with a relationship, and that she needs to achieve where she wants to be in life, then share that with a partner, rather than trying to use a partner to fill it.

So we are giving our two months notice to the apartment complex and moving out. We are going to try to remain friends but we will see how that works out.

I feel sad that it couldn't work out but excited for what the future holds for me. I'm going to focus a lot more on me now and hopefully be able to share my accomplishments with someone I truly love and who truly loves me.

I am content. :)

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart reddit. You guys and gals are awesome.

Edit: Just wanted to note that we both decided that neither of us are going to get into a relationship anytime soon and we are both going to start focusing on our lives to better ourselves first.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pvt.Scott posted:

I think it's fine to have canvas stretched over a backing with no surrounding frame, or even to have something printed edge-to-edge on lexan or whatever. It should be *mounted* at least unless it's a mural or graffiti.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

gently caress you

gently caress you

gently caress you

gently caress you

hmmm....gently caress you

My girlfriend[F27] of 9 years is on a walk with another man[M50's] and she doesn't know that I[M25] know the truth.

Well you're not nice.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm not reading this loving novel, you dipshit. gently caress you

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

TheScott2K posted:

If I had a kid I'd name it Cool Ranch.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

why, don't you have any

fascinating insights

on your personal feelings about walking with old men

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

R/relationships posters seem to think their post needs as much extraneous information as possible.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That was way too long for nothing, gently caress you.

A sexless relationship killed by a sexless affair. :yawn:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why, don't you have any

fascinating insights

on your personal feelings about walking with old men

I skipped to the end and it didn't end in triple murder suicide. if it doesn't end in triple murder suicide after TEN UPDATES who cares

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Someone tell me if the 10 parter is worth reading

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Peeing is pretty hard. You can't just aim and expect to hit. You have to account for velocity, wind speed, gravity, etc. Even the curvature of the earth makes a huge difference.

That's why men are so good at math, you see.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

zakharov posted:

I haven't read it but it's not. Also put the guy who posted it on ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zakharov posted:

I read it, it is not worth reading.