Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Wait, it's a JPG

Which is animated

THE gently caress

edit: ah, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

BJPaskoff posted:

If anything, he would have made it worse. There was a lot of "the media is trying to tell us what to do! I'll show them!" childish mentality from Trump voters, and there Jon Stewart was up there on the smug liberals they hate list.

But enough of that.

I really can't keep up with the new Magic draft formats anymore.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm thinking rather than trying to throw in an unnecessary joke, he should just go ahead and play it straight. The way he presents the topics tend to be funny in and of itself, and the blatant jokes just feel tacked on. Too often he goes with "[insert long, yet intriguing piece of obscure yet horrifying fact presented concisely, yet witty manner], and that's why Janice in account needs to just stop! Just stop, Janice! Just stop!"

Like, no, dude. Not every line has to end with a joke.

Yeah, that's why I don't like him all that much. He's saying very interesting stuff and his delivery is already making it a bit funny and then A JARRING JOKE HAHA

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yeah, that's why I don't like him all that much. He's saying very interesting stuff and his delivery is already making it a bit funny and then A JARRING JOKE HAHA

I actually kind of zone out whenever he goes off on a joke tangent, but thankfully they're usually no longer than a few seconds.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

BJPaskoff posted:

If anything, he would have made it worse. There was a lot of "the media is trying to tell us what to do! I'll show them!" childish mentality from Trump voters, and there Jon Stewart was up there on the smug liberals they hate list.

But enough of that.

Ah, pussy magic.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Samantha Bee has the best late night show. I don't always agree with her opinions, but she's far and away the funniest comedian of the Daily Show alumni.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I never saw this because I always chose to disarm the nuke. I'm not a monster.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hjalmar posted:

Samantha Bee has the best late night show. I don't always agree with her opinions, but she's far and away the funniest comedian of the Daily Show alumni.

I think she should stick to writing because she is horrible in her delivery and timing. At least in everything I've seen her do. She does seem genuinely funny, just sucks at getting it out there herself.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TrumpsAmerica.jpg

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DandyLion posted:

TrumpsAmerica.jpg

Oh man. The United States is Megaton.

mind=blown

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Doctor Malaver posted:

I switched from TDS and Oliver to Jesus & Mero for all my comedy news.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Everything's fine. Just fine.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Love cookies!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Sloober posted:

Doesn't stop it from being any less true about florida. everywhere not a big city in the us

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

whiteyfats posted:

John Oliver is terrible.

Does anyone remember when John Oliver was begging Donald Trump to run on his show and promising to donate to his campaign because how could somebody like Donald Trump possibly win?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does anyone remember when John Oliver was begging Donald Trump to run on his show and promising to donate to his campaign because how could somebody like Donald Trump possibly win?

Yes. And so does he. A fact that he brought up on his show very apologetically as a shot against himself at the end of the previous season.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If only the Democrats had spent as much time talking about how they could help the working class and rust belt as they did about Trump's inability to win.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bill tried to do that. But apparently he was the only one in Hillarys campaign because why would you take advice from a guy who was elected President twice?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

dialhforhero posted:

Yes. And so does he. A fact that he brought up on his show very apologetically as a shot against himself at the end of the previous season.

Good, good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Bill tried to do that. But apparently he was the only one in Hillarys campaign because why would you take advice from a guy who was elected President twice?

It was a bold strategy to run on the "I'm not the other guy" strategy, but that was pretty much what she was. Guess we'll never know what could have been if she had tried the "it'll be 4 more years of the same" strat.

manderson
Aug 12, 2005

Human Extraordinaire

whiteyfats posted:

John Oliver is terrible.

Yeah pretty much cant not agree with this

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was a bold strategy to run on the "I'm not the other guy" strategy

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

every single loving day

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

When you fart in the hot tub, but the girl didn't notice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hippo looks like Trump, so what

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

every single loving day

I got that and appreciated it, friend.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

But then it would be a harmacy and working as intended.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Which one is hitler?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

funmanguy posted:

Which one is hitler?

The black one.

It's always the black one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guess he never moved past and healed over Aquaman dying.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

funmanguy posted:

Which one is hitler?

GBS News is the Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that supposed to be Black Manta?