Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

hi what's the game where every time you jump over one of the npcs her breasts get bigger

e: maybe her butt

Wario, but it's every time a new game comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr E posted:

Ratchet & Clank racer girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6IfRa2oAXc

seems like you got it

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

CJacobs posted:

favorite Genesis music!

Gunstar Heroes

fight me

e: also Ristar

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

suuma posted:

Gunstar Heroes

fight me

e: also Ristar

Also good choices!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYUVRSbjehA

But here is another badass track from Dynamite Headdy, which everyone here should play because it rules!!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Dynamite Headdy was good but it's weird to hear the music without all of the explosions and the player character yelling over and over.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

suuma posted:

Dynamite Headdy was good but it's weird to hear the music without all of the explosions and the player character yelling over and over.

TARGET! TARGET!

TARGET!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Seven force is still one of the coolest bosses ever

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the sega genesis... [low voice, kinda scary but also cool] oh yeah

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I remember when I was a kid, there would be maybe 5-6 games a year that I was really hyped to play. Now, with the indie scene having completely exploded, AAA games having a ton of hits, and early access I feel like that number is up to 20+.

It's not a horrible problem to have but it does lead to some choice paralysis.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should I go see Arrival or John Wick 2?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yes

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

is arrival still in theaters because i'm deffo looking at a blu ray of it right now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There are several theatres near me which still have it, yes.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Lol, released in theaters in November, DVD release was 3 days ago ... it's still in theaters.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What are the best ps4 games available right now?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
bloodborne, nioh, final fanty uhhh gravity rush?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

fridge corn posted:

What are the best ps4 games available right now?

The ones that immediately come to mind are Bloodborne, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, and Uncharted 4. If remasters or remakes are okay, Gravity Rush Remastered, The Last of Us, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, and the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection are good. I'm limiting this just to things you couldn't also get on PC, at least.

Persona 5 and the FF12 remaster both come out in a few months, too.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 17, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yakuza 0, The Last Guardian

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

persona 5 !!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Can we talk about Ys again? I really like Ys.

Ys VIII PS4 in a couple months. Hype! I hope they add even more stuff to it for the console release even if it's just more like monster arena battles.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

suuma posted:

Lol, released in theaters in November, DVD release was 3 days ago ... it's still in theaters.

If something gets nominated for an oscar it stays in theatres for months because there's waves of people interested in checking it out before and after the ceremony

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah they are
https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/824459764814016512

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hey, look, they're actually showing off Mass Effect Andromeda gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

Looks like they're ditching classes and going for an entirely skills-based system, which is probably good.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 17, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Jay Rust posted:

Should I go see Arrival or John Wick 2?

Arrival is a big character-driven sci drama with some mind-bending stuff that is really well-presented. John Wick 2 is a series of really fun action scenes (though imo the second one is the best in the movie). Very different. Pick the one you feel more inclined to see. I for one am glad I saw Arrival in theaters because it's a great way to experience it.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Harrow posted:

ME:A looks really good and cool but all of the squad members seem really boring.

Like the humans are always the worst characters in ME, lets have like 5 human squad members.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Playing Catlateral Damage made me realize that games about trashing houses are a great but woefully underutilized genre. Katamari Damacii, Elebits, King of Crusher...uh...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

corn in the bible posted:

VideoGames joined the site before 2005. Makes you think

Was that also the year that the Desperate Housewives game came out? If so that seems like a citb critical year.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's interesting that Andromeda is ditching classes. I wonder if Biotic Charge and Tactical Cloak have any prereqs or if every build is going to be charging around Vanguard-style and going invisible whenever they need to escape because why would you not

EDIT: Also holy poo poo Pull and Throw are amazing now. Pull lets you grab an enemy, levitate them next to you, and then fling them at other enemies as a projectile. Biotics for life holy poo poo

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 17, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sure looks like Mass Effect

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Harrow posted:

Looks like they're ditching classes and going for an entirely skills-based system, which is probably good.
Now I know why they haven't been showing it off!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Mann posted:

Playing Catlateral Damage made me realize that games about trashing houses are a great but woefully underutilized genre. Katamari Damacii, Elebits, King of Crusher...uh...
It desperately needs a button to just let you inch forward a bit though. It's so hard being a little kitty with such short stubby paws :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Now I can finally make the "I'm basically Thane from ME2" build I've always wanted: stealthy biotic sniper

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I tried Catlateral Damage in VR and knocked over more stuff in real life :/

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Catlateral itself isn't super amazing or anything, I got it in a bundle and spent an hour and then felt like I'd pretty much experienced everything I had to offer. The fact that they went to the trouble of programming procedurally generated houses is impressive but it also means the levels are super samey, one of my favorite little things on Katamari is all the little tableaus they have set up throughout the level and how they creatively place items to guide you and you miss out on that with procgen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome. I played through it on Vita and it's gonna be tough waiting for the localized version, I wanna get the plat this time

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GUI posted:

After 4+ years of playing GTAV on and off I'm finally nearing the end and it's bad. The city design is incredible and the best in open world games, and the writing for the characters (the ~~satire~~ is a mixed bag) and their relationships is great and generally above most AAA drivel, but that's about it. The mission design is garbage: dozens of 1-2 minute "missions" which are glorified cutscenes were you do absolutely nothing except drive to a location - so much of the game is listening to people talk during car rides.. Plenty of missions like the one I mentioned before, except with the added twist where you'll do a one-time automated activity like taking pictures. Fetch quest side missions where you have to find objects around the game world. A couple of missions actually have combat which, even for a game originally released in 2013, is dull cover shooting that wouldn't feel out of place in a 2007-2008 shooter released post-Gears 1 - no originality or decent AI whatsoever. You can't even spend your spare time in the open world shooting things since you die easily and the damage feedback for both player and enemies is awful. This is ignoring all the pointless fluff like the stock market web browsing and those half-finished minigames like tennis.

Thank you. I've been saying exactly this for years. It's the best made world but the absolute worst of the 3D games in terms of mission design.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Zelda 1 is really kicking my rear end, and I am bad at video games again. That is all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harrow posted:

It looks okay but I need to see more of the full gameplay loop in action. If it's "run to burning structure with bad guys all around it" on otherwise barren planets, then it';ll be kind of a waste.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harrow posted:

This looks cool. I want to shoot those guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Looks uninspired to me, like woah I can take cover behind the Mako now because the devs figured out how to trigger cover animations behind movable assets.

• Locked thread