Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Watch us cut Tyrod and end up with, like, Matt Schaub or Geno Smith.

you mean Cardale Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dan Orlovsky can be had for cheap! That stupid bastard might even run out the back of his own endzone for you if given the opportunity!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The most Buffalo Bills QB result would be Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

TheChirurgeon posted:

is that what caused the refs to make baffingly bad calls

The calls were bad but the Texans completely blew two coverages that lead to long touchdowns on back to back drives, that wasn't the refs' fault. Of course, you could argue the Texans should have been able to chew up the clock if not for those terrible spots on 3rd and 4th and short. Ah well

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles websites are starting to fire up the possibility of LeSean McCoy getting cut by the Bills. As they would save $6 million cutting him and apparently the new offense in Buffalo relies more on one cut runners as opposed to someone like Shady.

This isn't seriously gonna happen, right?

*watches Eagles sign DeSean AND LeSean this offseason for the wackiest possible result*

Nov 6, 2002

Man I am trying really hard to remember the Pats/Texans games and I can't remember a goddamn thing about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A juror candidate in Hernandez’s double murder case drew a chuckle when she said she didn’t know much about the Hernandez case but remembered her co-workers discussing his involvement in deflate-gate.

“Deflate-gate has nothing to do with this case at all,” Suffolk Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Locke said, according to the Globe.

The Globe said Hernandez and his lawyers got a laugh over the mix-up. The woman was excused from jury duty.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

A juror candidate in Hernandez’s double murder case drew a chuckle when she said she didn’t know much about the Hernandez case but remembered her co-workers discussing his involvement in deflate-gate.

“Deflate-gate has nothing to do with this case at all,” Suffolk Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Locke said, according to the Globe.

The Globe said Hernandez and his lawyers got a laugh over the mix-up. The woman was excused from jury duty.

Odin Knew

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
How bad do you have to gently caress up to be an Alabama alum who helped them win a national title to be arrested IN ALABAMA

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Has anybody made the "Trent Richardson hits women harder than he hits holes" joke yet

Edit: bail was only 1k. Bail for my weed charge in VA was 2.5k lol

Santheb fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 18, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Man I am trying really hard to remember the Pats/Texans games and I can't remember a goddamn thing about it.

Brady got picked off twice :colbert:

Basically the Texans wrote a blueprint for how to bother Brady and both the Steelers and Falcons said "no thanks"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Santheb posted:

Has anybody made the "Trent Richardson hits women harder than he hits holes" joke yet

What's the difference, bro? :hfive:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Intruder posted:

Brady got picked off twice :colbert:

Basically the Texans wrote a blueprint for how to bother Brady and both the Steelers and Falcons said "no thanks"

Tbf I think the Falcons defense followed the exact same game plan. Hit Brady a lot and then lose

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kalli posted:

:lol:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I view deflate gate and the Hernandez murders as equally heinous

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

The calls were bad but the Texans completely blew two coverages that lead to long touchdowns on back to back drives, that wasn't the refs' fault. Of course, you could argue the Texans should have been able to chew up the clock if not for those terrible spots on 3rd and 4th and short. Ah well

Those spots were loving shameful, though

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

The most Buffalo Bills QB result would be Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Especially after how the first time went

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Those spots were loving shameful, though

I blame O'Brien for not challenging the first spot. It was the more obvious of the two anyway, and if you lose the challenge you still have another shot

Although I wonder why he had to challenge the second spot instead of an automatic review since it was a turnover

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I view deflate gate and the Hernandez murders as equally heinous

Both destroyed evidence. Makes you think

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Moon posted:

Both destroyed evidence. Makes you think

Yeah, Brady should have used Hernandez' gang contacts to deflate those balls

Nov 6, 2002

If Brady had just rented a car he might have gotten away with it!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Blitz7x posted:

How bad do you have to gently caress up to be an Alabama alum who helped them win a national title to be arrested IN ALABAMA

What have you done lately for me? Besides, Alabama hoards championships like 500 pound people hoard the XL bags of Golden Flake Dill Pickle chips.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

oh, my bad. Well, I'm full up on banter, thanks

congrats on your playoff wins
Hahahahaha

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Santheb posted:

Edit: bail was only 1k. Bail for my weed charge in VA was 2.5k lol

Morbid curiosity, how much weed are we talking here? Like you got popped with a couple nugs in a ziploc, or you had a trunk full with 200 kilos?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm gonna go with trunk full of awesome nugz.
:350:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

89 posted:

Eagles websites are starting to fire up the possibility of LeSean McCoy getting cut by the Bills. As they would save $6 million cutting him and apparently the new offense in Buffalo relies more on one cut runners as opposed to someone like Shady.

*watches Eagles sign DeSean AND LeSean this offseason for the wackiest possible result*
I don't know, Shady seems pretty good at cutting to me. Good vision too. So I don't know where that's coming from.
Did they get it from NFL.com? 'Cause the same writer also speculated that we might cut Kyle Williams and Jerry Hughes, citing concern over their fit in McDermott's defense.
Never mind that Kyle Williams and Jerry Hughes were at their most productive in Schwartz's 4-3, which figures to be closer to McDermott's D than Rex Ryan's 3-4. Hughes was even decent against the run.
What I'm saying is that it would be incredibly dumb, so there's a non-zero chance the Bills will do it because they are dumb.

Nov 6, 2002

What is left of the Bills offense if they get rid of McCoy and Taylor?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/tim-shaw-book-blitz-your-life-als-lou-gehrigs-disease-tennessee-titans-nfl/amp

Cool story about former Titans LB Tim Shaw, who was diagnosed with ALS a few years ago.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

89 posted:

And Vince Young is coming back!
Time to get the Dream Team back together.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

89 posted:

that would be insane. Even if McCoy is turning 29, he was still ridiculously good last year. Would somehow be even dumber than how they've handled the whole Tyrod situation

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

Morbid curiosity, how much weed are we talking here? Like you got popped with a couple nugs in a ziploc, or you had a trunk full with 200 kilos?

According to the arrest rwport, in excess of half an ounce. VA forensics lab said a little under half an ounce. Didnt matter at that poiint obviously as bail had already been set and paid for.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Santheb posted:

According to the arrest rwport, in excess of half an ounce. VA forensics lab said a little under half an ounce. Didnt matter at that poiint obviously as bail had already been set and paid for.

Lol, goddamn, I was seriously expecting way more than that for, well, having to pay bail in any amount. Hazard of growing up in decriminalized cities I guess, I have no idea how other places actually treat marijuana arrests, the worst I ever faced was confiscation or a $50 citation for consuming in public.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Silly Burrito posted:

What have you done lately for me? Besides, Alabama hoards championships like 500 pound people hoard the XL bags of Golden Flake Dill Pickle chips.

I think a lot of people actually resent him now for the whole bullshit "Bama runningbacks in the NFL" narrative

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

From cams fingers to my heart

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
And the Panthers lose two draft picks for tampering...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

And the Panthers lose two draft picks for tampering...

Oh no how will they draft new obese players to keep Shomars in business

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh no how will they draft new obese players to keep Shomars in business

Eh don't worry, the Chiefs will manage to lose draft picks for tampering again and lose Berry somehow.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jeff Triplette retired :woop:

... And ex-pat Leonard Myers dead at 38 from cancer :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Of loving course.

• Locked thread