Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Roland Jones posted:

More third parties (or at least third parties that actually got a significant percentage of the vote) without instant runoff voting or something similar would indeed be a disaster. Electoral reform would kill the spoiler effect, but that's unlikely, at least at the federal level. States could pull it off, though. I think at least one already has.

Totally agree. Maine has IRV now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Rowe:

Bill Leak:

SECTION 18C :argh:

David Pope:

Senator Ian Macdonald has faced backlash from the public and his own government, but he said that there are times that a politician needs to make a stand against populism, and his will be for free business-class travel for ex-politicans and their spouses.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 18, 2017

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Tobermory posted:

While working as an intern in the Clinic, a patient with a strange infection on his foot stumbles through the door. The infection is spreading at an alarming rate, but the doctor has stepped out for a while. What do you do?

1. Amputate the foot before the infection spreads
2. Scream for help
3. Medicate the infected area to the best of your abilities
4. Restrain the patient, and merely observe as the infection spreads

Throw your tea in your grandmother's face.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jerusalem posted:

After seeing those excerpts from his 1984 adaptation I realized that Rall isn't just a contrarian, he's a loving moron.
Really? "Hitler didn't REALLY win the elections" is your go-to example of Rall being an idiot?

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Nobody else noticed that the illuminati shadow is coming from the US, and not from the the Obamasoros wall?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
LOL That Red Panels is stunning. Yeah dude, multiple enormous protests and marches are just the death throes of the left. Yup, Trump-Sama is so cool under pressure and badass.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Trogdos! posted:

Obama is so bad he's there twice

wait a minute, i've seen that wall somewhere before...

:freep: PERFIDIOUS FREEMASONS! :freep:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trogdos! posted:

Garrison wall of crazy
*Garrison types up first draft*

"Hm, too on the nose."

*find/replaces 'Jews' with 'Shadow'*

"Much better."

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Trump's nipples: :barf:

Trump's left leg: :wtc:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is beyond my comprehension that there are people that saw that press conference and thought yeah he owned them. or that stupid poo poo comic about the "msm" being negative about it because he hurt their feelings. you can watch literally any ten second clip of the loving thing and see how off the rails he was.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TheBigAristotle posted:

Trump's nipples: :barf:

Trump's left leg: :wtc:

Vlad's right leg is doing the same thing.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Entropy posted:

garrison believing in pizzagate is certainly a thing

Gonna :toxx: here: if PizzaGate is real and Podesta is convicted for it - or if it's not real and he's convicted for it anyway - literally ban me from this website. I'm fine with it being permanent. I encourage everyone else to do this same :toxx: because Garrison is a dipshit who says inflammatory stuff that there's no loving way he actually believes in and I want to demonstrate that we're both smarter and better than him.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

21 Muns posted:

Gonna :toxx: here: if PizzaGate is real and Podesta is convicted for it - or if it's not real and he's convicted for it anyway - literally ban me from this website. I'm fine with it being permanent. I encourage everyone else to do this same :toxx: because Garrison is a dipshit who says inflammatory stuff that there's no loving way he actually believes in and I want to demonstrate that we're both smarter and better than him.

Garrison is 100% dumb enough to believe in pizzagate

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

Garrison is 100% dumb enough to believe in pizzagate

If he actually believed it he'd be in Washington D.C. shooting up a pizza shop right around now. It's the same deal with the anti-choicers and abortion being a new holocaust.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I unironically love pizza gate. I don't think I've ever seen such a bugfuck crazy conspiracy theory gain even the slightest bit of traction. It's like if Breitbart and drudge came out with all caps headlines tomorrow about how Chuck Schumer is a lizard person or something.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

21 Muns posted:

Boy, you sure you want to risk your account like that?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

duz posted:

Boy, you sure you want to risk your account like that?

Also ban me if Bush did 9-11 (like, on purpose) or the moon landing was fake

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I genuinely see Garrison as a Milo-style instigator who may be right wing or alt-right, but not as in deep as he wants his cartoons to make you think.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Retromancer posted:

I unironically love pizza gate. I don't think I've ever seen such a bugfuck crazy conspiracy theory gain even the slightest bit of traction. It's like if Breitbart and drudge came out with all caps headlines tomorrow about how Chuck Schumer is a lizard person or something.

There are some real live pizzagaters in GBS

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

"Trump is going up."

Uh, sure.

See, I thought that he looked insane at the debates, too. So I can't trust my own judgement on this.

How are the people who somehow voted him into office taking this?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Lemming posted:

There are some real live pizzagaters in GBS

no way that's just ironic edgelord humor stuff.

...right?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Retromancer posted:

Pizzagate stopped being funny when someone decided to shoot up a pizzeria over it.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anonononomous posted:

See, I thought that he looked insane at the debates, too. So I can't trust my own judgement on this.

How are the people who somehow voted him into office taking this?

They love it. They are crazy/stupid/pathetic enough to have believed him so far.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ranter posted:

...right?

You know what? It doesn't matter. Doing The Thing ironically is still doing The Thing, Charlie Brown.

Would it matter if Red Panels was ironically being a Nazi? Does that make it better in any way, or would it just demonstrate that he's willing to hate but unwilling to look like he's hating?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ranter posted:

...right?

at least one of my high schools friends got mad when i said pizza gate wasn't real to him on fbook.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Angepain posted:

Oh no! Addiction!
Oh no! Burglaries!
Oh no! Car thefts!
Oh no! Prison!
Oh no! Families!

*Burgularies

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Yeah, it's really...bizarre? disturbing? unsurprising? how the Trumpsters are not the slightest bit deterred by this nearly month-long show of outright lunacy. Pizzagate, Fake News, Russian hijinks. They don't care. They just dig in deeper. Even the ones I work with, who are old enough to know better, and have things to lose when it all goes tits up.
This is exactly what they want I guess.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Yeah but he's not a powerful independent woman so, phew!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sandpuppy posted:

Yeah, it's really...bizarre? disturbing? unsurprising? how the Trumpsters are not the slightest bit deterred by this nearly month-long show of outright lunacy. Pizzagate, Fake News, Russian hijinks. They don't care. They just dig in deeper. Even the ones I work with, who are old enough to know better, and have things to lose when it all goes tits up.
This is exactly what they want I guess.
Because any day now. Any day now. Trump will turn presidential, any day now he'll make those wonderful deals that bring all the jobs back, any day now Obama will take our guns, any day now, any day now history will smile on GW Bush, any day now, they'll be rich, any day now forever and ever and you can't prove them wrong because even though it hasn't happened YET, it WILL happen any day now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

Because any day now. Any day now. Trump will turn presidential, any day now he'll make those wonderful deals that bring all the jobs back, any day now Obama will take our guns, any day now, any day now history will smile on GW Bush, any day now, they'll be rich, any day now forever and ever and you can't prove them wrong because even though it hasn't happened YET, it WILL happen any day now.

I don't think this is even it. It's all about loyalty and tribalism. It's their team's guy, so they'll defend them no matter what.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Roland Jones posted:

More third parties (or at least third parties that actually got a significant percentage of the vote) without instant runoff voting or something similar would indeed be a disaster. Electoral reform would kill the spoiler effect, but that's unlikely, at least at the federal level. States could pull it off, though. I think at least one already has.

Maine just voted to start using IRV. In large part it was because their racist governor Paul LePage (who once complained that drug dealers named "D-Money, Smoothy, Shifty" were impregnating white girls in Maine) got elected twice with a minority share of the vote and his opposition split between other candidates.

LaserShark posted:

...what does this even mean...

I think "walk of shame" refers to sneaking out the home of someone you're embarrassed to have slept with. The joke is that Todd is a whore for The Left, and by metaphorically loving Democrats he has delegitimized himself.

Broken Loose posted:

You know what? It doesn't matter. Doing The Thing ironically is still doing The Thing, Charlie Brown.

Would it matter if Red Panels was ironically being a Nazi? Does that make it better in any way, or would it just demonstrate that he's willing to hate but unwilling to look like he's hating?

The arc of 4chan over its lifespan shows how ironically saying horrible things is inwardly and outwardly corrosive. I think some people really do start out being offensively racist, sexist, etc. as a joke, but if you do that you'll end up surrounded by people who mean it seriously, and surrounding yourself with such people will inevitably change the way you see the world.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So it's good that LF got shut down then? It basically consisted of posters shouting Eat the rich every third post.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Someone edit the last panel to say "but we did get some scientists who happen to have Iranian passports"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Despite their major blunders in the past, the intelligence community still gets it right every now and then. AGC.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Seriously, no love for Two-Estate Solution!?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

The CIA should be shuttered. AGC.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

May as well not have an intelligence network at all then!

(Imagine all the stuff they do catch you never hear about :shh:)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lemming posted:

I don't think this is even it. It's all about loyalty and tribalism. It's their team's guy, so they'll defend them no matter what.
Even if someone is all in on tribalism they still have the concept of the traitor right? What would it take for Trump to activate it and turn love into the strongest hate in the blink of an eye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

He's not wrong.
And yet it's still one of the worst cartoons this year.

Actually, it's not even eligible since it's not really a cartoon. It's more of a hand-drawn personalized tweet.

• Locked thread