Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Moridin920 posted:

Go rescue her from the sea of incel nerds she is apparently surrounded with so we have more tales of woe about Chads and Stacies to post in the other thread.

Dear reddit,

So I divorced my husband in order to help make new stories for something awful...

Jesus, what a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

I [40 M] with my female friend [32F]: How come she doesn't like me?

Another thread by him

Is she leading me on?

Alright this is super fake but I'm laughin

/r/relationships: she is interested in other men, who are supposedly hot and vegan!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [26 M] with my [25/F] of 6 months who got mad I rode her like a horse.

quote:

Me and my gf were playfighting a bit after work the other day and after getting the upper hand I straddled her like a horse and rode her around a bit before ending the fun in the kitchen to cook dinner. I of course did keep saying "giddyup horsey" and other sweet things but nothing rude or mean. I was also using her thong as a sort of horse bit to steer her around and control her speed.
As soon as I get off of her, she goes ballistic and threatens to leave! I beg and plead for her to stay and she ends up staying for dinner but is super mad and says the only reason she stayed is because we had plans.
I of course profusely apologized and begged for forgiveness but I don't really understand why she was so upset! Regardless I said I would make it up to her and she could ride me around like a dragon, unicorn or some other fantasy creature but this offer seemed to only make more upset!
Can someone explain to me exactly what I did wrong to make her so upset and how I might fix it?
**tl;dr: I rode my gf around like a horse and she is neight happy!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He said yay and she said neigh.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

From a few pages back, but:

/r/relationships: weirdos and losers[Assorted Ages]

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Pivotal Lever posted:

Please do not doxx yourself at this point in time

:siren: :iceburn: :iceburn: :siren:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I [24/M] overslept and missed a date with my GF [22/F] of nearly 1 year. She showed my dick pic to her friends.

quote:

This morning I overslept and didn't meet my GF for a morning date of looking at furniture. I wanted to go and it would make her happy. It'll be several years before we consider moving in together so any time we play house it's a romantic, gay old time. I hosed up and need to fix both the situation and my habits because this isn't the first time that it's happened. Obviously, my poo poo is not together, but that isn't the meat of this post. Or it is. Your opinion is your prerogative.
She was deservedly mad at me and went to drink with her friends. At some point, she messaged me and asked if it was ok to show a dick pic and I said yes. I'm not going to link the exact text in case she somehow finds this, but the message could be read as
"could I show YOU a dick pic"
or
"could I show YOUR dick pic"
She was ambiguous, but I would never expect her to do to do the latter so I just thought she meant the former. Obviously it was YOUR, which I deduced a minute later–a minute too late. We've very clearly expressed to each other to never show our intimate pictures to anyone else. Never ever ever–under no circumstances. She made me promise when she sent me a sexy pic.
(I thought she was just being provocative and bait-y, that she was going to show me a picture of a rooster and call it a cock, or some comical display of phallus. You might ask your GF, "want to see some tits?" and send her a pic of a couple birds. She does this kind of stuff a lot)
She showed an extremely personal and private picture that I shared with her (they were impressed, but would any guy really care?! NO, I am not flattered). I am/was/will be livid, I don't know. I am all mixed up right now (sober). I am going out of town for a week so I wrote "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS, WTF. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS IN THE MORNING, I CAN'T HANDLE THIS RIGHT NOW. I NEED TO CALM DOWN" or something to that effect. I think my tone was just incredulous, rather than straight-up angry/disparaging. She doesn't want to meet and says we should take a break and forget about Christmas. She is a bit apologetic about it, but I need a lot more than that. I don't know what will make me feel alright again, but I'm not about to stew over this for a week.
I know you guys don't have all the details of us and our relationship, but I wanted your input on this. I know I hosed up this morning. She betrayed my trust some hours later. The two aren't equal, and I'm not comparing them at all. Really, my fuckup is just context. We never fight or raise our voices in the year we've been together (very close).
We aren't going to break up, and we're very committed to one another. I know the vast majority of you will prescribe dumping her, that she's crazy/mean/callous/magenta/klingon/everything-under-the-sky. Believe me, that's not going to happen. I'm either too blinded by love or too stupid (probably both) to even consider the most cogent argument for breaking up. I'm certain she feels the same way, but this isn't coming from the horse's mouth. There's nothing (legally) binding us together and I could maybe possibly deal with it if we did, but I love her and I want more than anything to have some sort of resolution before I leave tomorrow night.
My heart hurts. I love her and I can't believe she would do that to me.
tl;dr: I was irresponsible and didn't wake up on time to take my GF on a fun date that she would really wanted me to do. (Possibly unrelated) She later showed a dick pic to a bunch of people with my express permission.
What are some things you would discuss with her?
Do I show her this wall of text?

He's getting ripped to shreds in the comments lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Even ignoring the main thrust of the post:

Nazzadan posted:

I [24/M] overslept and missed a date with my GF [22/F] of nearly 1 year. She showed my dick pic to her friends.

.... It'll be several years before we consider moving in together.....

why? You've been together a year already and are both drat adults, save some rent money homeslice.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

quote:

She later showed a dick pic to a bunch of people with my express permission.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

She showed an extremely personal and private picture that I shared with her (they were impressed, but would any guy really care?! NO, I am not flattered).

Yea, I'd be flattered as gently caress.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

i guess that's one way to disguise a pilonidal cyst

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 23, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I don't really see how he can be mad. She did ask.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Yea, I'd be flattered as gently caress.

Yeah I mean, I don't really care what people know about my dick but if they already know and are impressed, awesome.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Now having a girl casually start talking about your dick in front of her sisters, mom, and mixed company of friends is in fact not okay

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
How big of a deal is it supposed to be to get stood up?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Yeah I mean, I don't really care what people know about my dick but if they already know and are impressed, awesome.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

How big of a deal is it supposed to be to get stood up?

For a date or something, with no notice? I'd be pissed. For fuckin furniture shopping, which you can just go do on your own? who cares (not guy's GF)

otoh r/relationships vehemently insists that being 15 minutes late to anything is a breakup-worthy sign of contempt so :shrug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, but schedule a morning date at your own peril.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I [25M] Had a weird experience with my horse riding instructor [20 F]. She's been my instructor for 3 months and after this incident will not stop contacting me.

quote:

I started riding at a new stable recently, after being a very loyal client at my previous stable they we're very rude when I was late for a group trail ride. So I decided to shop around and found an awesome place.
My instructor seemed really sweet, very friendly and we got along very well. We did a lot of friendly bantering. One day we were talking about riding crops and I said I wouldn't mind being smacked by her. She laughed it off but at the next lesson she approached me afterwards and asked if I was serious.
We decided to give it a try, and she took me to the tack room and spanked me over her knee. She was really into it, I was a bit weirded out, but thought I would try it.
After that she started contacting me more and more, phoning at night, liking everything on my Facebook, etc. She isn't saying anything particularly dodgy based on what happened, but just being really friendly, suggesting we go out together after the lessons etc.
It is becoming a bit intrusive but she is such a sweet person don't know how to tell her to stop.
tl;dr: My riding instructor spanked me after my lesson last week, now she seems to be stalking me and trying to contact me constantly. I need time to think about things. What do I do?

quote:

I'm not making it up Bro.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Why the heck would you flirt with someone if you're not willing to have kinky sex right then and there. Redditors continue to get weirder

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

For a date or something, with no notice? I'd be pissed. For fuckin furniture shopping, which you can just go do on your own? who cares (not guy's GF)

otoh r/relationships vehemently insists that being 15 minutes late to anything is a breakup-worthy sign of contempt so :shrug:

I usually cap at 3-4 times of being stood up in a short period of time. But 15 minutes late is no big deal.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Pick posted:

I usually cap at 3-4 times of being stood up in a short period of time. But 15 minutes late is no big deal.

I think out of a dozen or so first date, I've had one woman show up on time. Of course that was the one time I was late; but usually people show up 10 minutes late. It might be a cultural thing.

Getting stood up for a first or second date though, meh, I won't bother calling again.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

E: nobody wants to read all that poo poo about my opinions

Me [24 M], is getting stood up "the new normal?"

quote:

Hello internet collective of dating advisors,

I am on the dating scene and have recently had a streak of bad luck. The last five girls I have been interested in have had conversations with me, texted for about a week, seemed interested, planned a date, and then stood me up for the date, after which they did not respond to any form of contact. After the first three times I started confirming more with the girls. Like, after we made the plans I would send her one confirmation an hour out from the event saying something like "I'll be at [some side of the building] in an hour" just as extra insurance. Both times they responded affirmatively to the confirmation but then still didn't show up. After the time of the date all of the girls were ghosts.

This was depressing as gently caress and seemed really rude. Like, if you didn't want to go on a date why would you go to all the trouble of making detailed plans for one, making sure that the guy showed, up, and then ghosting him. I told a buddy of mine and he told me that this is "the new normal." He generally has more success in the dating world than I do but this struck me as really odd.

Is he right? If so, there's not much I can do about it but it seems really sad to me. Is there a better way to insure against this, or just suck it up?

tl;dr: Got stood up by my last five dates, my buddy told me that this was "the new normal" and I should not expect them to show up for dates. Is he right, and am I valid in feeling crushed anyways?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ArbitraryC posted:

Hahaha, even when reddit points out she was being an idiot for getting upset in the first place she doubles down on the whole "they were my feelings and it's not fair to just invalidate them like that". I had a gf like that and it's miserable to deal with because they're never "wrong" they're just "upset" and literally every fight has to end in you groveling because their emotions are always valid, it's exhausting. These people never consider your emotions or how you might feel after they accused you of a bunch of bad poo poo that wasn't even on your mind.
Going to hop in and Mirthless the gently caress out of this: Validating feelings is a really useful communication skill. If someone's upset then they're not really in a good mindset to be told they're being a dumb idiot. If you empathise with their emotional state without necessarily agreeing with their reasons for being in that state it makes it easier for the person to calm down and deal with the feelings. Then you can call them a dumb idiot, or possibly even discover they were not actually being a dumb idiot.

Example:
A: <a relatively innocuous prank>
B: Aaaaaaa :derp:
A: You're being a dumb idiot
B: gently caress you! :derp:
A: Emotions are dumb and you are dumb for having them :spergin:
B: EMOTIONS EVERYWHERE :derp:
(repeat indefinitely)

Now lets validate!
A: Oh jeeze you're really upset. Are you OK? <- this is validating B's emotional state by recognising its intensity and by showing that A cares about B's emotions
B: I'm not OK :( <- B is calmer now because their partner is coming across as an ally rather than an opponent, instead of having to fight against their partner's dismissal of their feelings on top of the actual feelings themselves
A: That sucks. Why did that upset you so much? <- It's important that A actually give a poo poo about why it upset B so much, which, if they're dating, presumably they do.
B: <explains>
It may turn out there's a good reason that A could not have been aware of. Now A is aware of something important about their partner they didn't know before (e.g. their partner had an ex who gaslighted the gently caress out of them for years). Note that A has at no point apologised for the relatively innocuous prank, because they did nothing wrong, but are still providing emotional support.
There may by a reason that A should have been aware of (knew and forgot, or missing some kind of basic understanding of human nature). A should apologise for forgetting that B's ex gaslighted the gently caress out of them, and continue to provide emotional support.
There may be no good reason and it just weirded B out (which is probably what happened here). In that case the conversation goes:
B: I don't know. It just weirded me out.
A: That must have sucked. But I don't think I deserved getting yelled at for joking around.
B: You didn't and I'm sorry.
A: Also he was actually a mule
B: I will loving end you.

e: As with pretty much everything involving actually showing consideration for other people it can also be co-opted by idiots to use as a trump card in arguments they're losing so :shrug:

Splicer fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 18, 2017

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
I [26 M] am all of a sudden done mentally and emotionally with my 5-year marriage to my wife [27 F] after one too many attention-seeking threatsRelationships
submitted 4 months ago * by ridethestrugglebus

quote:

Throwaway because I'm probably going to get pretty specific. My wife and I are high school sweethearts and have been married for 5 years and we have a 2 year old son together. Over the years, she has struggled with OCD and personality disorder, occasionally taking medication to ease symptoms, but never consistently. A lot has happened in those 5 years (and 2 years prior of dating) that has scarred me emotionally and caused me to go into my own depression, which I take anti-depressants for. Mainly, she has used the threat of suicide to her advantage by my count 16 times, including an ultimatum for me to buy an engagement ring. And while I say threat, I know that she's very serious and I had some sort of intervention each of these 16 times, including 3 visits to the hospital.

She herself has also used the threat of divorce to her advantage too, and would break down when I finally agreed because she would admit she's just seeking my interest and attention more. Between the suicide threats and divorce threats, I became a robot at talking her down from these feelings, giving in to what she wanted and then we'd be "fine" for a few months.

She also has a horrendously toxic relationship with my parents, whom I love dearly as their only child. I've been fighting the fight for years, but she just hates them to the point where I've now told both sides to pretend that the other doesn't exist.

And it likely goes without saying that we have an everyday case of /r/deadbedrooms with no end in sight. And we've also gone into pretty intense debt from her shopping habits.
So, I've asked her if she can ever envision 1) Going to counseling to stop the suicide and divorce threats, 2) fixing her relationship with my parents, 3) making an effort with our sex life, and 4) getting out of debt. She said she could try but no promises on any of them.

So I feel so stuck and drained; I finally up and left to live at my parents' house to clear my brain for a few nights, but feel nothing short of hopelessness and rage. Does this equate to "irreconcilable differences" and is cause for divorce? Am I doing the wrong thing by not being able to overlook these 4 things she doesn't make a priority? All help is appreciated.

tl;dr: Wife used the threat of suicide and divorce so often that I'm checked out emotionally and don't know how to proceed.

Edit: Thank you to everyone who thought of my son first. I think she's a great mom to him and has always put him first ahead of both herself and me, so I don't feel he is in any danger when he's with her.

my dude, how broken is your brain

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I [18F] am wondering when, and if, it's a good time to talk to my SO[29M] about my sexuality.

quote:

Me: 18 year old female
SO: 29 year old male
Relationship Length: 5 months as friends, the last Three Weeks as a couple.
The Question: Presuming my SO and remain together as a romantic couple, when would be a good time to discuss my sexuality [Bisexual Female]? ** Alternatively**: When is a good point in general to discuss something like that with ANY SO?
The Details: I like to plan things. A lot. I’m by no means a control freak, but after struggling with ADHD in high school, and being on my own, I’ve had to take greater charge of my personal life.
I go to school in the South- in the conservative South. It’s an Adventist school. Not the most liberal place in the world, although the Adventist world is becoming more liberal, as many of them/us are adopting more of a “Don’t like gay (marriage)? Don’t get one” or “Eh I don’t approve, but it’s none of my business” attitude.
Enter my SO. He’s (quite) a bit older than me as you may have noticed. That said, even though we’ve been dating for a short amount of time, we’ve been friends for (much?) longer. Since dating, we’ve become even better friends. Until our first date, we never even realized just how much we actually in common, beyond the obvious surface stuff.
He’s a born again Adventist who is an ex-atheist.
A few months ago, a had an incident with a friend who found out about me being bisexual. It was pretty bad for me and has left me rather horse shy. Whatever.
Yes, you can never really tell how long a relationship will last, and yes it’s not even a month in, but with as freely as our conversation flows, I’m sure my sexuality will pop up at some point. Which got me thinking: When is it a good time to disclose a fact like this to an SO? At what point in a relationship would you like to know yourself?
TL;DR: Relationship with friend turned SO has me wondering when is a good time/point in a relationship to discuss my bisexuality.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Nazzadan posted:

I [25M] Had a weird experience with my horse riding instructor [20 F]. She's been my instructor for 3 months and after this incident will not stop contacting me.

hook me up with the crazy dom horse lady reddit guy

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Splicer posted:

A: <anything>
A: Oh jeeze you're really upset. Are you OK?
B: I'm not OK :( <- B is never calm
A: That sucks. Why did that upset you so much?
B: <silence>
A: That must have sucked. But I don't think I deserved getting yelled at for whatever it is I did.
B: You do and I'm going to continue.
A: oh, alright. I guess I'll just wait for you to think I'm a good person again
B: you're so loving retarded A, I don't want to kill myself.
B: <pulls a knife, holds it to A's throat>
B: I want to kill you, then myself
B: <starts crying again> then we'll be together forever in the afterlife
B: <fakes a seizure, drops the knife, pretends to be passed out, then wakes back up with NO MEMORY of what just happened>

In honor of Mirthlessing all over ourselves, i have edited this for my experiences of trying to empathize with a permanent victim, particularly drawing a certain example from what caused the break up.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is horse shy a thing people say?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Splicer posted:

Going to hop in and Mirthless the gently caress out of this: Validating feelings is a really useful communication skill. If someone's upset then they're not really in a good mindset to be told they're being a dumb idiot. If you empathise with their emotional state without necessarily agreeing with their reasons for being in that state it makes it easier for the person to calm down and deal with the feelings. Then you can call them a dumb idiot, or possibly even discover they were not actually being a dumb idiot.

Example:
A: You're being a dumb idiot
B: gently caress you! :derp:
A: Emotions are dumb and you are dumb for having them :spergin:
B: EMOTIONS EVERYWHERE :derp:
(repeat indefinitely)

Now lets validate!
A: Oh jeeze you're really upset. Are you OK? <- this is validating B's emotional state by recognising its intensity and by showing that A cares about B's emotions
B: I'm not OK :( <- B is calmer now because their partner is coming across as an ally rather than an opponent, instead of having to fight against their partner's dismissal of their feelings on top of the actual feelings themselves
A: That sucks. Why did that upset you so much? <- It's important that A actually give a poo poo about why it upset B so much, which, if they're dating, presumably they do.
B: <explains>
It may turn out there's a good reason that A could not have been aware of. Now A is aware of something important about their partner they didn't know before (e.g. their partner had an ex who gaslighted the gently caress out of them for years). Note that A has at no point apologised for the relatively innocuous prank, because they did nothing wrong, but are still providing emotional support.
There may by a reason that A should have been aware of (knew and forgot, or missing some kind of basic understanding of human nature). A should apologise for forgetting that B's ex gaslighted the gently caress out of them, and continue to provide emotional support.
There may be no good reason and it just weirded B out (which is probably what happened here). In that case the conversation goes:
B: I don't know. It just weirded me out.
A: That must have sucked. But I don't think I deserved getting yelled at for joking around.
B: You didn't and I'm sorry.
A: Also he was actually a mule
B: I will loving end you.

e: As with pretty much everything involving actually showing consideration for other people it can also be co-opted by idiots to use as a trump card in arguments they're losing so :shrug:

Being able to do the second one instead of the first one is the reason my current fiancee has actually stayed with me for so long. She hasn't exactly lived the best life and has a lot of insecurities and fears that have been built up from that crappy childhood and a string of lovely boyfriends and flings before she met me, so it's really important to learn not to hold anything against her and to try and understand how she's feeling. There's been quite a few cases where I accidentally upset her because she was afraid to tell me about something negative from her past and I didn't know that what I was doing or trying to convince her to do was upsetting her.

Being able to talk about it like adults is the reason we're getting married at the end of the year instead of having broken up after the honeymoon phase was over.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

I [18F] am wondering when, and if, it's a good time to talk to my SO[29M] about my sexuality.

Right now, because he'll freak out and break up with you and you'll be free.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nazzadan posted:

What a loving waste :sigh:

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

Don't dox me bro.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

How do I [18F] politely quit the club my cousin [14F] started?

quote:

I'm a senior in high school and my cousin is a freshman. At the beginning of the year I suggested to her that we start a Polynesian club, since there were clubs for other students of different ethnicities but nothing for us. She did all the paperwork and made the club official, so it's her club. Since it's hers, of course all of her lovely freshman friends joined. I can't STAND them. They keep calling us Hawaiian. We're Samoan! They call each other mom or daughter (it's all girls.) and I thought that stupid childish crap was left behind in middle school. They do nothing but horse around and twerk and act like this is the strip club group when we're doing traditional dances. I caught one of them writing "join the Strip Club!" On one of our posters. One had the audacity to say I was confused when I grew up with this poo poo and she doesn't even know what an ie is. Not only that, but apparently they've all been going to my cousins house to practice which is unfair because she didn't even tell me about that.
I want to quit. I can't deal with those little assholes any more and she's letting them do what they want and it pisses me off. She won't tell them to knock it off because they're her friends, wah wah. I want to tell her to sign my VP position over to her irritating friend (who has loving sat on my lap without my consent and I don't even know her) so I can gtfo because I'm so done. How do I do that without being visibly irritated though? She's a nice kid, so how can I do this calmly without showing how I feel like i did in this post?
Tl;dr: cousin started a club filled with annoying little shitheads. How do I politely quit?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

same

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Troposphere posted:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

:same:

I just wanna be ruthlessly pegged by a crop wielding lady is that so wrong?!?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Splicer posted:

She literally does it on at least a weekly basis, by her own admission. Like it's one thing if it's a rare one off situation but it just starts to make you feel like poo poo when you're SO is constantly takes things you say/do in the worst faith possible, starts a fight that's way overblown, and demands you be the one to patch it up each time. The reality is they probably step on each other's toes and equal amount but it's not a healthy relationship when one person mostly shrugs it off because they understand that you weren't trying to hurt them while the other person soccer flops and screeches about how you were trying to break their foot.

It's a common issue for people to get too defensive when they're called out on being insensitive, and it's something most people could work on, but at the same time you can't just always go straight to "they're my emotions and no matter how much I'm overreacting you can't call me on it".

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
alright i think we've hit the requisite amount of a half dozen people saying they want to gently caress someone from one of the posted stories and can move on now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Yossarian posted:

:same:

I just wanna be ruthlessly pegged by a crop wielding lady is that so wrong?!?

Choke me, weird horse lady