Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

youcallthatatwist posted:

don't do this, please

It is embarrassing to be so bad at the Zelda game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MokBa posted:

Tell her to Git Gud.

:yeah:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

you can't buy stuff before entering he dark world i think.

Ah. I never died so it didn't matter. It's been a while, I remember getting everything at once. Then going back at some point and just paying for most of it. Then another trip back to pay for the rest.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I'm finally giving Ocarina of Time a shot. I had it on N64 when it launched but I never bothered playing it for some reason. I'm just now bothering with the 3DS version.

Oh uh this is good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't understand how you could have it on N64 when it came out but never play it. It was the best game.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Suspicious Dish posted:

also giving people an special bonus for preordering dlc before the game is out is kinda weird and does not register well

I don't understand what you're saynig here. I don't think you even CAN preorder it until the third.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Cojawfee posted:

I don't understand how you could have it on N64 when it came out but never play it. It was the best game.

I remember a distinct hatred of the N64's controller, the game's control scheme, and there wasn't much of an internet back then to tell me how wrong I was.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Were you like some spoilt rich kid, for whom the N64 was only one of dozens of expensive distractions competing for your disdainful attention? I loving HATE YOU it's cool brah we cool

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
ESRB description:

quote:

Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol
Rating Summary: This is an adventure game in which players assume the role of Link on a quest to stop a growing evil in the land of Hyrule. As players explore the open-world environment, they can forage for materials, explore shrines, and engage in melee-style combat against fantastical creatures (e.g., goblins, skeletons, centaurs). Players use swords, axes, clubs, and bows to defeat enemies that generally disappear amid puffs of smoke. One brief sequence depicts a battlefield strewn with the bodies of enemy creatures; in the background, a few bodies appear to be impaled by spears. The game contains some mildly suggestive material: fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts; dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" During the course of the game, a shop owner tells Link that she only serves "...drinks that are definitely just for adults..."; players can also encounter a drunken character that occasionally hiccups.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
oh no. not hiccups

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

:getin:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Get hype for exaggerated-size breasts

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Get Hype to see a young hunk draw a bow again

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Get hype for exaggerated-size breasts

Sounds like it's just referring to this:

...which is honestly a tamer design than the N64 fairies.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

I figured, I just thought it was funny

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The exaggerated size breasts they're talking of will just end up being all the Gorons' manboobs

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Supercar Gautier posted:

:stare: i think nintendo is really underestimating their targeted audience.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

don't do this, please

:rolleyes:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm gonna try to beat Twilight Princess this weekend in my abandoned HD playthrough. The game demands me to do some fishing to continue the plot. Fishing in games is my kryptonite.

Speaking of kryptonite. Another reason Twilight Princess sucks, you can't transform into/from wolf form around people. Who the gently caress cares if Link can turn into a wolf? He's not Clark Kent. There are no stakes in keeping this secret. Uggghhhhhhhhh.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm gonna try to beat Twilight Princess this weekend in my abandoned HD playthrough. The game demands me to do some fishing to continue the plot. Fishing in games is my kryptonite.

Speaking of kryptonite. Another reason Twilight Princess sucks, you can't transform into/from wolf form around people. Who the gently caress cares if Link can turn into a wolf? He's not Clark Kent. There are no stakes in keeping this secret. Uggghhhhhhhhh.

Do you want to burn at the stake for being a witch?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So is the WiiU version of BotW going to be available digitally or did I mildly inconvenience myself by just assuming it would be? I would have thought it'd be up for preorder on the eshop by now, but all I get for searching is a bunch of videos.

e - Cool, thanks!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vanrushal posted:

So is the WiiU version of BotW going to be available digitally or did I mildly inconvenience myself by just assuming it would be? I would have thought it'd be up for preorder on the eshop by now, but all I get for searching is a bunch of videos.

It's digital (as far as Nintendo's Japanese page says). Preorder isn't up yet for it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Do you want to burn at the stake for being a witch?

Link gave no shits about transforming into all manner of things in Majora's Mask whenever he wanted to and that's the best Zelda so far. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Link gave no shits about transforming into all manner of things in Majora's Mask whenever he wanted to and that's the best Zelda so far. :colbert:

To be fair Termina is a horrifying hellhole where every living being knows their inevitable death is mere days away.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

When you have 3 days to live, witches are the least of your concern. :colbert:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair Termina is a horrifying hellhole where every living being knows their inevitable death is mere days away.

So America 2017.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

So America 2017.

Man, i loving wish America 2017 was Termina. They got the way better deal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ImpAtom posted:

TP Hyrule is terrifying with everyone haven't super awkward facial proportions. What's wrong with your face?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Link just doesn't want to cause a panic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
gently caress yeah I wanna beat up some drunkards and start a bar fight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

When you have 3 days to live, witches are the least of your concern. :colbert:

Also it's not like anyone's gonna remember once you reset back to The First Day.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Does anyone know if Game Stop is doing a midnight release for this and the Switch?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Trying to find a Gamestop with a switch preorder so I can do the WiiU bonus $75 trade in credit before it expires in 4 days, I think they did this credit because they knew people wouldn't be able to actually find a preorder but it would get them in the store.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's the best spin off. It's not a Zelda game. Zelda isn't in it. It would be top 5 in the LoZ series, though. It's behind LA, WW and LBW. It's definitely better than Splatoon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

socialsecurity posted:

Trying to find a Gamestop with a switch preorder so I can do the WiiU bonus $75 trade in credit before it expires in 4 days, I think they did this credit because they knew people wouldn't be able to actually find a preorder but it would get them in the store.

Didn't GS announce that all their POs are gone already?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Keiya posted:

I don't understand what you're saynig here. I don't think you even CAN preorder it until the third.

oh, i misunderstood the bizarre engrish of "pre-purchase". i thought it was saying that if you bought the dlc before march 3, you get a shirt

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

It's the best spin off. It's not a Zelda game. Zelda isn't in it. It would be top 5 in the LoZ series, though. It's behind LA, WW and LBW. It's definitely better than Splatoon.

It's not a spin off, it's completely mainline. It's mechanically a Zelda game, you do Zelda things. Just because Zelda isn't featured much and Ganon is completely absent, doesn't lessen how much of a Zelda game it is. The story just happens to be a personal journey instead of a Campbellian one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

gently caress yeah I wanna beat up some drunkards and start a bar fight.

This reminds me do we know if you can go unarmed in BOTW? I wanna punch monsters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Like legitimate question, how can you go "Majora's Mask is the best spin-off! It's not a Zelda game though because Zelda isn't in it! However it's not as good as Link's Awakening!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Suspicious Dish posted:

oh, i misunderstood the bizarre engrish of "pre-purchase". i thought it was saying that if you bought the dlc before march 3, you get a shirt

Nah, if you buy at any point you get a switch crop-top.