Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

He's got an arm around you, Pru. It's a fancy restaurant on Valentine's week. You really expect anybody to believe you're not getting this?

Well you know how ingenuous and sheltered those homosexual NYC theater actors are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He's we'll aware he's in a longrunning newspaper comic, and made the reasonable assumpton that Luann's authors don't know gay ppl exist.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I like that they made a lesbian character, but named her Prudence so the older readers know she's not a threat.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like nothing about Luann.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Ghostlight posted:

I like nothing about Luann.

I think the art is charming enough.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Note where she's pointing.

Mother From Another Country

Finally, characters goons from everywhere can relate to.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Okay I think Mother From Another Country is one of my new favourite characters, up there with Iron Man J Jonah Jameson.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Some Guy TT posted:

Tracksuit

Note where she's pointing.

Mother From Another Country

Finally, characters goons from everywhere can relate to.

MFAC is awesome, thanks for running it!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Nancy's body was not recovered until the following spring.
The End.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Every Funky strip just makes me wish more and more that he gets fatally shot in a mugging after being smug to the guy with the gun.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But then how is he supposed to die of cancer? :confused:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Every man on that transport died because Sluggo wasn't there to save Nancy.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Haifisch posted:

But then how is he supposed to die of cancer? :confused:

Gunshot destroys what's left of his liver, needs a transplant. New liver is cancerous and wasn't checked out properly because it went through a government organ bank, and the inspecting doctor has a cousin who works at the DMV.

After getting the new liver and finding out he has 6 months to live, Funky goes on a bender and gets into a DUI car crash, passes out at the wheel.

When he wakes up, it's 1973 and the strip starts over from the beginning.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is better than learning it on the streets.

Working Daze needs to let it go.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is behind the times.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What's with this sudden hostility against glass blowing?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Refer to that comic's title

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

gently caress you Rat. :mad:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I can't believe Brooke passed up the opportunity to write "capisce".

In a storyline that is sure to be infuriating every step of the way, let's take a moment to appreciate that at least Jam Esallen had the decency to make all the Americans dress like total dingdongs.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Also Chris - sorry, "Dirty" - appears to have inherited the helicopter pilot's asinine hat-popping tendency.

Still not sure if that was a gag or a simple lack of ability on Esallen's part. Leaning towards the latter now.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Dec. 21, 1994)

I'm going to indulge in a little experiment here: I'm going to find out with the rest of you if Garfield was "ever good." My memory says that it was. I'm going to run the strips from the same dates as A&J Classic, but ten years previous: Garfield's popularity was blowing up at that point in history, so in theory, this ought to have been when it was good, right?

The downside of this is that we're starting towards the end of an ultimately Christmas-themed storyline in which Garfield gets lost and has to find his way home. Hopefully the jokes will resume soon.

Garfield Classic (Dec. 21, 1984)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Mother From Another Country is a worthy successor to Chief Dharma.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

:allears:

ha ha yes gently caress you, Bannon

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Some Other Day's Dogg

Dustin

Mandrake

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kennel posted:

Today's Some Other Day's Dogg
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/lh6wKpV.png[/img]
Surprisingly accurate imagery.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

e: Just noticed I didn't post on the 15th, so here's an extra day's worth of comics.
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 18, 2017

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Low hanging fruit.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

I like that the chief of police is just going "nah, they'll sort it out themselves."

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

1. I do not give a single solitary poo poo about any alleged misunderstandings. Even if it were completely true that Les fully intended this to be a non-romantic business dinner between coworkers at a fancy restaurant where they will be discussing only work, it's STILL the dickest of moves to invite a bunch of other people (including their bosses! At a business dinner!!) without telling him and stick the guy with the check. Hell, that would be true even if they're eating at Arby's.
2. Dude's name is Les, you loving bitch. He just bought you and your parents dinner, you can call him by his preferred name while you thank him for letting you gently caress him in the rear end.
3. He's having to pay for dinner at a business dinner that includes his bosses!! I'm so aghast, I had to say it again. It's Saturday, nobody's swooping in to grab that check for Les before the plot changes next week. How are these people the good guys again?

Let's catch up with The Amazing Spider-Man

Isn't Albuquerque Thor's beat? Maybe they should let him handle this.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Julet Esqu posted:

Let's catch up with The Amazing Spider-Man

Isn't Albuquerque Thor's beat? Maybe they should let him handle this.

Kirby loving Wept.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Thor's would take one look at Ronan and defer to a proper cosmic person. He ceded that beat to Beta Ray Bill.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

1. I do not give a single solitary poo poo about any alleged misunderstandings. Even if it were completely true that Les fully intended this to be a non-romantic business dinner between coworkers at a fancy restaurant where they will be discussing only work, it's STILL the dickest of moves to invite a bunch of other people (including their bosses! At a business dinner!!) without telling him and stick the guy with the check. Hell, that would be true even if they're eating at Arby's.
2. Dude's name is Les, you loving bitch. He just bought you and your parents dinner, you can call him by his preferred name while you thank him for letting you gently caress him in the rear end.
3. He's having to pay for dinner at a business dinner that includes his bosses!! I'm so aghast, I had to say it again. It's Saturday, nobody's swooping in to grab that check for Les before the plot changes next week. How are these people the good guys again?

It really beggars belief. All of it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

4. you needed 5 people and dinner to hash out "let's start it one Saturday a month"?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm going to indulge in a little experiment here: I'm going to find out with the rest of you if Garfield was "ever good." My memory says that it was. I'm going to run the strips from the same dates as A&J Classic, but ten years previous: Garfield's popularity was blowing up at that point in history, so in theory, this ought to have been when it was good, right?

The downside of this is that we're starting towards the end of an ultimately Christmas-themed storyline in which Garfield gets lost and has to find his way home. Hopefully the jokes will resume soon.

Garfield Classic (Dec. 21, 1984)

As we all remember, Garfield didn't make it.

From this night onward, Jon Q. Arbuckle was forever doomed to live in purgatory, forever believing he was talking to his long-dead tabby cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Am I mistaken or is Dirty a character we've seen before?

Also this comic really has gotten worse. I have a feeling it's heading in the direction of A3G. Maybe they'll just keep the Sundays going.

And yeah, Luann is full of terrible, self-centered people and it says a lot about the Evans's that they are incapable of seeing it.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Oh boy! She's gonna suggest something! What do you all think it will be? I bet it will be to take a trip. Why, perhaps even to wherever Wilbur currently is!

Rex Morgan MD

God, I hate Buck.

Secret Agent X-9

I still don't get the "Whiskers" thing.

Apartment 3-G

Everyone's so happy, and why not, since he's only about to go to the DA and admit he had knowledge of people building a bomb in an apartment that went off unexpectedly and killed and injured dozens of people. No big deal. Should be in and out in no time. A few things to sign and done.

• Locked thread