Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Accident, this is the same vampire lady X number of years later when Lovecraft comes home to roost in the fantasy horror dimension.

Maybe she just isn't erect in that picture. She's a grower not a shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Yeah I recall hearing that the pic was originally going to have one knee raised but then someone changed their mind about it later on and changed where the feet were, unfortunately not touching the bulge created by her knee originally.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Andrast posted:

Maybe she just isn't erect in that picture. She's a grower not a shower.

You'd have to be an Incredible Hulk tier level of grower to go from no-bulge to 16 inch bulge. I mean, no bulge to 6-inch, sure. no bulge to 7-inch, maybe.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What would be better for Steven Universe? A Hacked Golden Sky Stories? Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine? Or some other option?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chuubos

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

CaptCommy posted:

Don't know if you've asked here yet, but this is my go-to when I need non-trash art:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605440
oh poo poo, bookmarked

Hunting down the last few creatures. One type is humans corrupted by decades long Far Realm contact. This initially posed the problem that while I have an idea of what that would result in, all the pics I found that fit the bill were kinda too legitimately hosed up for casual elfgames. But I found some The Thing fanart which is really what I shoulda looked for in the first place.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Kurieg posted:

Accident, this is the same vampire lady X number of years later when Lovecraft comes home to roost in the fantasy horror dimension.

That strategically placed smoke cloud is not doing her any favors.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Being a transwoman when Olivia Voldaren had just come out was no fun.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Bosushi! posted:

That strategically placed smoke cloud is not doing her any favors.

:sigh:
I picked the one that looks better as a splash image cause the card version just has her floating in space

Can we stop making dickvampire jokes?

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Thanks for the MTG tip and I'm gonna straight use that nymph image, too. :v:

What I really wanted to use was 8 or 16 bit sprites, but even after finding some decent spritesheets with good variety I'd have had to make edits to cover every creature and in the time it takes me to do five of those I can have 25 regular ones googled up and ready to go. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

In case you know of a good spritesheet for 8 bit or 16 bit fantasy monsters I'd appreciate it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Kurieg posted:

Can we stop making dickvampire jokes?
No, never.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ratpick posted:

In case you know of a good spritesheet for 8 bit or 16 bit fantasy monsters I'd appreciate it.
The one I played around with was this one. Bit of a price tag I just used the preview image. Some decent variety and if you're handy with a graphics editor you can easily recolor stuff or swap heads and weaponry.

You can also always poke around the old Shy Guy Kingdom and have a look what people uploaded for the usual suspects, like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What's a good game with a dark modern magic-in-the-real-world type setting that I have at least a snowball's chance in hell of finding a group for?+

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's a good game with a dark modern magic-in-the-real-world type setting that I have at least a snowball's chance in hell of finding a group for?+
That's basically the tag line for Mage: the Awakening, and 2e is really solid.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How is mouse guard? Especially if you're going to be gaming with young ones. Thinking about picking up the boxed set, want something a bit lighthearted adventury.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Rules-wise it is definitely too heavy for anyone in the single-digit ages. I've heard great things about Mice & Mystics if you want a more streamlined experience.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Zurui posted:

Rules-wise it is definitely too heavy for anyone in the single-digit ages. I've heard great things about Mice & Mystics if you want a more streamlined experience.

I've run it for some precocious nine year olds and it worked, but it helped that they were really engaged with the concept and willing to learn. In general I'd say the sweet spot for Mouse Guard with a group of kids is in the 10-12 range, provided they haven't gotten to the "too cool for mice" stage. The trick at any age is to introduce concepts only as needed, and to start with pregens until they get to the point where they want to make their own characters.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Covok posted:

What would be better for Steven Universe? A Hacked Golden Sky Stories? Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine? Or some other option?

Chuubos.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If you don't want to give money to White Wolf for some reason, Dresden Files Accelerated will be out fairly soon.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kwyndig posted:

If you don't want to give money to White Wolf for some reason, Dresden Files Accelerated will be out fairly soon.

Mage: The Awakening is OPP, not White Wolf.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Neopie posted:

Chuubos.

Seconding this with a vengeance. The system fits, and there's a fair amount of SU / Chuubo's fandom crossover, so you'll be able to draw on those resources as well.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Mage: The Awakening is OPP, not White Wolf.

6 of one, half dozen of the other

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Are White Wolf secretly evil too or something

Is there any ethical consumption under late capitalism

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They hired an untalented scumbag and then proceeded to throw their own staff under the bus when called out about it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

absolutely not.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nehru the Damaja posted:

"Late" capitalism.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I mean, it more or less boils down to Swedish Dracula being completely unrestrained and being allowed to do whatever he so pleases with White Wolf, so the whole thing is turning into his vanity project. I don't imagine it'll be very successful, like, at all, but that literally doesn't matter because, again, this is almost purely a vanity project. So he grabs the EDGY poo poo STIRRER because he's loving Swedish Dracula and can't stop talking about how boring consentual sex is, and he grabs the LITERAL CHILD RAPIST because he was probably one of his heroes or something back in the day, and it continues not to actually matter to him because it's still all just one big insane vanity project.

The incomprehensible thing is not how someone like him ended up hiring and defending Zak while gaslighting his victims, it's that Paradox signed off on this and continues to sign off on this.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

click back 2 pages in this thread

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ProfessorCirno posted:

I mean, it more or less boils down to Swedish Dracula being completely unrestrained and being allowed to do whatever he so pleases with White Wolf, so the whole thing is turning into his vanity project. I don't imagine it'll be very successful, like, at all, but that literally doesn't matter because, again, this is almost purely a vanity project. So he grabs the EDGY poo poo STIRRER because he's loving Swedish Dracula and can't stop talking about how boring consentual sex is, and he grabs the LITERAL CHILD RAPIST because he was probably one of his heroes or something back in the day, and it continues not to actually matter to him because it's still all just one big insane vanity project.

The incomprehensible thing is not how someone like him ended up hiring and defending Zak while gaslighting his victims, it's that Paradox signed off on this and continues to sign off on this.
That being the case, make me the new King of White Wolf. My vanity projects will all be about sexy vampires of legend instead of edgelord misogyny and molesting children and pretending to be the guy who wrote a million words about TSR.

Kwyndig posted:

They hired an untalented scumbag and then proceeded to throw their own staff under the bus when called out about it.
To be fair, this is how most large corporations work. Fake it until you make it, I guess.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 18, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Doorknob Slobber posted:

How is mouse guard? Especially if you're going to be gaming with young ones. Thinking about picking up the boxed set, want something a bit lighthearted adventury.

Zurui posted:

There's a book called Mermaid Adventures, dunno if it's in print, but it's more or less a simpler version of the Mouse Guard system pitched to a younger audience. Not by the same author or publishing house or anything.

Also, Mouse Guard isn't, like, Redwall lighthearted. You could kind of treat it that way I guess but as written it's very aware of how vulnerable mice are in the ecosystem and the steps they have to take to not get preyed on.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Good news! Looks like Mutant Year Zero is completing it's trinity.

https://www.facebook.com/Modiphius/photos/rpp.348868008489660/1333845553325229/?type=3&theater

quote:

Get ready for the rise of the robots! This coming Tuesday Feb 21 Free League launch their Kickstarter for MUTANT: MECHATRON, the next instalment in the award-winning Mutant: Year Zero postapocalyptic RPG franchise. Do you like robots and scifi in the vein of Asimov, Blade Runner, Ex Machina, Automata and Westworld? Then Mutant: Mechatron is for you! Check out the cover art by acclaimed scifi artist Simon Stålenhag below.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Everyone posted:

Chuubos.

Looks like others felt the same way.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Hey Covok, your lefty Discord seems to have stalled out. :(
Any RPGs that would be good for playing that? Some kind of Liberal Crime Squad RPG?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rockopolis posted:

Any RPGs that would be good for playing that? Some kind of Liberal Crime Squad RPG?

based on personal experience, you're looking for Dungeons and Dragons: 4th Edition by Wizards of the Coast.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rockopolis posted:

Leverage would seem to be appropriate, given how the premise of the show is counter-cons on archconservative assholes.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Is there a thread that talks about Mouse Guard, or alternatively anything good offsite? My partner got it (largely on the grounds that mice are cute) and she wants to run it for her D&D group with a little help from me, so I'd like to read up on it.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Countblanc posted:

based on personal experience, you're looking for Dungeons and Dragons: 4th Edition by Wizards of the Coast.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

How is Mutant: Year Zero? It seems to be doing well but I never hear anything about it.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
The definitive place for Mouse Guard discussion is the Burning Wheel forums. I would be genuinely surprised if there were any questions you had about it that haven't already received detailed answers - it's that kind of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
I'm running a horror one-shot for my wife's birthday set in an arctic research station. There's some standard things to bring in - The Thing, At The Mountains of Madness, etc - but I was wondering if people here had any ideas for awful things that might be happening in an isolated, freezing research station?

• Locked thread