Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaggitz posted:

If this guy can get married, there's hope for everyone, goons.

You have no idea how true that is. I'm a mess! Thankfully, to quote one of the women in Brokeback Mountain, "Girls don't fall in love with fun!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have already played through Bloodborne's base game, should I get Dark Souls 2 or the Bloodborne + DLC edition in this Sony store sale

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Yeah that ME:A trailer hasn't really got me excited yet, faces still look badly animated, characters still dull and there seems to be a real lack of cool different locations being shown.

Meanwhile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDL3Q86ofY

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have already played through Bloodborne's base game, should I get Dark Souls 2 or the Bloodborne + DLC edition in this Sony store sale

nioh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That is what I am playing now! I need something to fill the gap between that and Nier

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Bloodborne DLC is better than the entirety of Dark Souls 2

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Well, this was fun and totally not a waste of cash.

Step One: Decide to buy an old game, Phantasmagoria 2. Figure it's not on Steam, go directly to GoG.
Step Two: Learn I can't use my Discover card, because apparently we're ten years in the past, or something.
Step Three: Use Discover card to buy :10bux: of GoG Wallet on PayPal.
Step Four: Learn that I can't use the :10bux: I just added to the wallet because I need to spend another :10bux: and wait three months to use your Wallet.
Step Five: Realize the game, which is admittedly lovely, is actually on Steam, a service I can actually use my Discover card to buy things with no hassles.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Fun fact: the Nintendo eshop doesn't accept Discover either.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
also both the gog and steam versions of phantasmagoria 2 are the dos version and not the windows one, which means you can't run the deinterlacing patch

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/HDDoesGaming/status/832763521997950976

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

VideoGames that rules thread is a french chef doing that kissing motion with his fingers

c'est magnifique

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

VideoGames that rules thread is a french chef doing that kissing motion with his fingers

c'est magnifique
:discourse:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

yeah i couldn't decide if that smiley existing was a fever dream of mine or something so i waffled

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked Sub-Terrania for the genesis. It had neat music too. The music was done by Jesper Kyd iirc. I think that's his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqPFOikYGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdm86oDcB8I

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ciaphas posted:

c'est magnifique

Oh my fuxkin god

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

c'est magnifique

That parting shot at the end :eyepop:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started playing Red Dead Redemption. I enjoy it, but I wish they had figured out a way to do characterization that wasn't long conversations on horseback

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Finished DQ5 tonight. Final boss was kind of boring and disappointing compared to the insane DQ4 one, I wasn't sure there wasn't some final final boss about to pop out until the credits started rolling.
Think I might take on Mother 3 next.

This can't be real, right? This has to be a parody.

*googles it*

welp

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 18, 2017

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

Fun fact: the Nintendo eshop doesn't accept Discover either.

the fact that this is still a thing in the year of our luigi 2017 always baffles me

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Google literally auto completes the phrase "why don't places" with "take Discover cards" hah.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Looper posted:

the fact that this is still a thing in the year of our luigi 2017 always baffles me

It's not a tech limit reason. It's 1) discover/amex have a more strict network of admission for processors and 2)likely the real reason is that they charge considerably more per transaction, like sometimes 2-4% more depending on your merchant level.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Discover charges more to process, so lots of places don't bother.

Nintendo ditched DVD playback to save $1 a unit or something, so it's not really surprising.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wii having a fully functional DVD player in it is so weird to me. Why didn't they just include that in the system functionality

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Looper posted:

but that was 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The Wii having a fully functional DVD player in it is so weird to me. Why didn't they just include that in the system functionality

the dvd licensing fee would have cost them 100's of millions since they would have had to pay it for every unit made. console makers have gotten smarter recently, for instance:
xbox one currently get around paying by having consumers who want to watch dvds download a dvd app or something like that that then ms pays for but the functionality isn't there on the console out of the box so they don't gotta pay for each one they make, just the ones that people use for dvds.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah I can't not court Leah, all of the other townsfolk are dorks.

Maru is a great dork though. And she's named after the best cat.

"Glitch"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d1nvKeTnU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is completely out of nowhere, but I always thought it was strange that rugrats in paris had such a heavily japanese theme to it, like they couldn't decide between "rugrats go to paris" and "rugrats go to japan" so they just combined the two

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

This is completely out of nowhere, but I always thought it was strange that rugrats in paris had such a heavily japanese theme to it, like they couldn't decide between "rugrats go to paris" and "rugrats go to japan" so they just combined the two

That is really weird now that you mention it. Maybe its because everything cool about paris is for adults

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

If I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the very very first one on my kickin' rad Monster 3D, which one should I play?

I want an emphasis on exploring and less on quicktime events or shooting. Puzzles are cool if those are a thing in Tomb Raider games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate posted:

That is really weird now that you mention it. Maybe its because everything cool about paris is for adults

Like, I remember a shot of the eiffel tower but other than that it was all sumo wrestlers and pagodas

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

regulargonzalez posted:

If I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the very very first one on my kickin' rad Monster 3D, which one should I play?

I want an emphasis on exploring and less on quicktime events or shooting. Puzzles are cool if those are a thing in Tomb Raider games.

Tomb Raider Anniversary

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
For those of you who are still interested, the curtain has closed on the Thermidor saga.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

F

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:thermidor:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Cool jpg of a gif

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh my God, Tex, this is so embarrassing for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_gEtc4rAqU&t=3635s

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man I really wish that Scott Pilgrim game wasn't awful, the pixel art is so charming.

• Locked thread