Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lurdiak posted:

Late Night tv didn't use to be this loving white. In the 90s and early 2000s you had a decent amount of non-whites with late night tv shows, both of the talk show and sketch show variety. I don't know what the gently caress happened to them all.

Right yeah Arsenio and George Lopez existed and probably some more if I thought about it but mining the past for PoC late night hosts is not how I like to spend my god drat time. Anyway I'm talking about the last ten or so years. Blindingly white. And male. We'll probably have a female president before we have a female late night host (if this is a thing that has already happened, please correct me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
You live in the Lords of Salem complex, maybe move?

Edit:towards Celtic Predator, forgot to quote .

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Budgie Jumping posted:

Right yeah Arsenio and George Lopez existed and probably some more if I thought about it but mining the past for PoC late night hosts is not how I like to spend my god drat time. Anyway I'm talking about the last ten or so years. Blindingly white. And male. We'll probably have a female president before we have a female late night host (if this is a thing that has already happened, please correct me).

We're not having any more presidents...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Glamorama26 posted:

You live in the Lords of Salem complex, maybe move?

Edit:towards Celtic Predator, forgot to quote .

You know I've never seen this.

Might as well tonight!

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

You know I've never seen this.

Might as well tonight!

Bit of a masterpiece! But really, its just the lighting you used, reminds me of a scene in it.

Still watch it though, it's eye candy as gently caress on top of being super sinister

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

This is what my apartment looks like for my shoot.

Still cleaning/packing. Might as well use my last week here for a short film.

Have you considered getting some Hue lights? They've started me on my obsession with home automation and having regular lightbulbs that can, at the press of a button on my phone, turn into a scene from Spring Breakers is pretty fantastic. They're a little expensive but they're so loving cool and if you want your entire life lit like these pictures you can live that dream.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe. I'm just kinda doing it for this short film.

But it's not too bad honestly. It's cozier than you'd think!

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Apartments are weird. I lived in a huge one and hated it, but the pseudo awful small one room + bathroom with bed in the living room was as comfortable as I got. It was cozy as all poo poo.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Budgie Jumping posted:

I was gonna say Roseanne had one but I guess that was a talk show, then again, where's the line between talk show & late night, really. (Well, besides one being uh, late at night)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

porfiria posted:

We're not having any more presidents...

exactly

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
That looks cool CP. When are you shooting????????

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tomorrow! And Sunday!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Didn't Joan Rivers have a late night show?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
What is it about? Is it sexy? Are you in it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's about a guy who's desperate to get big on the internet, doesn't, finds spooky footage, edits and uploads it and it becomes a huge hit. But he can't really make enough to deal with the demand. So he fakes it and then the guy who shot it surgically attaches a go pro to the guy's head and makes him go through a demonic found footage journey.

I wanted to do something about YouTube fame and found footage so. It'll pretty much live or die on its visuals and editing.

It is not very sexy and I am not in it.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Interesting. Is it a musical? What are you shooting on?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nah, just a fun-ish horror movie. I'm shooting it on a gy hm200. It was the only one that seemed decent enough from this rental house that didn't cost a poo poo load.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I know everyone has an opinion on Red Letter Media, but I was curious what kind of movie they themselves would be able to make so I watched Space Cop.

I'm sure they had a lot of fun making it and all that, but I've seldom seen a movie where I see less future potential in a director than in this film. This would be a do-able student film perhaps, but as a multi-year project coming off the back of several other feature length films (apparently), it's pretty dire.

e: gently caress that sounds mean. It's more me seeing a film and getting that feeling for the first time, where I see nothing there to be into. Even so-called worst movies ever like Troll 2 or Manos have redeeming value one way or the other, or elements that if properly utilized could become somewhat of a personal 'style' that would actually work in a different, better movie.

This one though left me colder than any film I've seen in quite some time.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 18, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah Space Cop sucks. It's not funny enough to forgive the weak script and bad cinematography, and Rich Evans shouldn't be a lead in anything. Having Mike co-star while doing an annoying voice sure didn't help any.

I think Feeding Frenzy is a much better film, partly because it's way less ambitious, but mostly because they cast actual actors in the lead roles and just had themselves play dumb minor characters.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Can anyone give me a good reason not to get Carrie White tattooed on my arm???

Dark La La Land looks great

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Budgie Jumping posted:

We'll probably have a female president before we have a female late night host (if this is a thing that has already happened, please correct me).

Chelsea Handler.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Can anyone give me a good reason not to get Carrie White tattooed on my arm???

Dark La La Land looks great

Only Gay Forgives

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The hosed up thing about Joan River's having a show was that before she took that show she was Carson's favorite guest host and would have likely been a shoo in for taking over the tonight show. She then took a show on fox that would have aired across from the Tonight Show, which enraged Carson to a degree that he literally never talked to her again. Then of course the Fox show was a tremendous flop.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Corn in the Bible help me find a Croatian copy of The Elm-chanted Forest so I can relive my nightmare

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

glam rock hamhock posted:

I finally got around to beating The Last of Us and I somehow enjoyed it even more than I was expecting to. I really like the ending, which is weird because it's almost identical to one of my least favorite game endings, it's just LoU actually spends the entire game leading up to it's ending so it actually works.

Hell yeah! I want to play it again now

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

CelticPredator posted:

It's about a guy who's desperate to get big on the internet, doesn't, finds spooky footage, edits and uploads it and it becomes a huge hit. But he can't really make enough to deal with the demand. So he fakes it and then the guy who shot it surgically attaches a go pro to the guy's head and makes him go through a demonic found footage journey.

I wanted to do something about YouTube fame and found footage so. It'll pretty much live or die on its visuals and editing.

It is not very sexy and I am not in it.

This sounds pretty cool and that lighting is awesome. I'm a sucker for neon-drenched stuff.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The hosed up thing about Joan River's having a show was that before she took that show she was Carson's favorite guest host and would have likely been a shoo in for taking over the tonight show. She then took a show on fox that would have aired across from the Tonight Show, which enraged Carson to a degree that he literally never talked to her again. Then of course the Fox show was a tremendous flop.

Letterman was also Carson's favorite and a shoo in for taking over the tonight show so i rly cant blame her for that one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Instead we got Jay Leno and War Criminal Jimmy Fallon.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Didn't Joan Rivers have a late night show?

Yeah she took over for Carson for a while, and I think was his initial pick to replace him. Pretty sure she got her own show for a while after that.

edit: beaten

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Anonymous Robot posted:

Corn in the Bible help me find a Croatian copy of The Elm-chanted Forest so I can relive my nightmare

its not very hard to find sites selling it, ie http://hlapic.croatia-film.hr/trgovina/product_info.php?products_id=185?osCsid=iihwvrghi you just need to use the actual croat title which was Čudesna šuma

now i don't know croatian well enough to know if that site is legit but there's plenty of others you can easily find plus torrents so it's not particularly obscure

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

its not very hard to find sites selling it, ie http://hlapic.croatia-film.hr/trgovina/product_info.php?products_id=185?osCsid=iihwvrghi you just need to use the actual croat title which was Čudesna šuma

now i don't know croatian well enough to know if that site is legit but there's plenty of others you can easily find plus torrents so it's not particularly obscure

I saw this as a kid and thought it was weird then.

That and the Yoram Gross "Dot" movies, Gallavants, the 70s Raggedy Ann & Andy movie, and the Felix the Cat movie were staples of my childhood movie watching.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The best thing about late night TV is not just that they're all white, male, and straight, but so many of them are named James!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Raggedy Ann movie is freaking weird.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of late night, Maher apparently had Milo Yiannopoulus on and humored the gently caress out of him and he also had Larry Wilmore on that show, who was not having any of that bullshit and told Yiannopoulus to go gently caress himself to his face

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Speaking of late night, Maher apparently had Milo Yiannopoulus on and humored the gently caress out of him and he also had Larry Wilmore on that show, who was not having any of that bullshit and told Yiannopoulus to go gently caress himself to his face

Yeha I just watched that. Good for Larry, and gently caress Milo.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Bill Maher has sucked so bad for so long

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here's the clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cDLflyQ8TA

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Bill Maher has sucked so bad for so long

Seriously like 20 years now. I don't get it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
My dad's new habit of watching Real Time nightly isn't the worst crime of the Trump era, but it's on the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ugh apparently Maher said Milo reminded him of Christopher Hitchens

• Locked thread