Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

I hope Michigan gets to play them, and puts up a triple-digit shutout.

God if Michigan played liberty who would I root for.

Liberty I guess. I'm sure their horrible fan and alumni base won't be any happier than they already were after the election. Plus the mgoblog guy would probably get so angry he'd take his blog down for a week again or sucker punch another high school student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

can you populate an entire football team with distance learners

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Paul Finebaum and Jim Harbaugh have the same amount of FBS division championships.

Maybe next year he'll get a chance to match MSU and OSU in humiliating playoff shutouts

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Maybe next year he'll get a chance to match MSU and OSU in humiliating playoff shutouts

When the thing your making fun of requires a greater accomplishment than what your team has done, you should reconsider your trash talking.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/status/832771799930781696

yaw yaw

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/832991339491033092

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

I am so glad he ended up at lsu. :allears:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

That's the Most SEC headline I've ever read.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I have visions of Liberty being a November SEC Cupcake three weeks in a row.

At Bama, at LSU, at Georgia.

Please let this happen as soon as possible.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Suck it, Virginia Tech. ISU just hired away your wrestling coach.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Thoguh posted:

Motherfucking Iowa schools hiring away our wrestling coaches. Stop that poo poo already!

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Was it like the Baton Rouge jail? Parish jail? Angola prison? I have so many questions

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Thoguh posted:

Allegedly, no confirmation all day today.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Ole Miss has had a fun offseason so far. They basically fire their OC and hire FCS wunderkind Phil Longo, whose offenses put up silly numbers but then get stymied in big games. So basically a perfect fit for Ole Miss. Their D coordinator "resigns" and gets replaced with Wesley McGriff, who I honestly don't know enough about to have any kind of reaction to. He used to coach at Auburn and has some NFL experience as well. Then in a big coup they get Matt Lubick, former OC of Oregon, to coach receivers. A week later he nopes out to take a co-OC position at Baylor. Then they hire Jacob Peeler from Cal, who also seems like a pretty solid hire.

Later, they replaced Chris Kiffin, DL coach who left to join his brother at FAU, with Tray Scott, who coached DL at UNC this past year. A month later he nopes out to UGA, and they hire Freddie Roach, director of player development, to coach DL. On top of that, looming NCAA sanctions hurt Rebel recruiting big time, although they raised their ranking from around 50 to the 30s on signing day, so there's that at least. No one knows what they'll be hit with, but apparently Freeze has been very open with recruits and mentioned scholarship reductions and bowl bans as possible sanctions. Chad Kelly gets disinvited from the combine for being a dipshit, which I kind of understand but his off-field issues are minor compared to some of the issues actual NFL players have.

Next season will probably be a wild ride - Shea Patterson showed a lot of promise in limited action last year and I figure the Rebels will cobble together 7-8 wins, maybe 9 with some luck, will get at least one upset, and will have at least one heartbreaking loss to an objectively inferior and possibly objectively terrible team. The offense probably will put up silly numbers and poo poo itself in big games or at the worst moment. Who knows how the D will shake out. Probably terrible again.

If nothing else though, Ole Miss usually manages to be entertaining even when losing terribly and tragically so c'mon 2017-2018 football season.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ole Miss could probably compete for Eastern title.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Liberty should be in the SEC East

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

whiteyfats posted:

Ole Miss could probably compete for Eastern title.

They would have finished above Tennessee four of the last five years probably. I think they'd only lock up the division in one of 2014 or 2015 though. Georgia was actually good with Aaron Murray and Florida had Freeze's loving number a year and a half ago.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Ole Miss would lose a tiebreaker for the east title every year thanks to an upset by Vandy or Kentucky.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Pakled posted:

Oh God, Liberty's AD is the former Baylor AD who was in charge when all the rape + cover-ups were going on.

And Trump has appointed their President (one Jerry Falwell, Jr.) to a higher education task force, where one of his stated goals is to reduce schools' obligation to deal with sexual assault under Title IX. Just great people all around.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Georgia Tech won the SEC east last year and I will hear no different.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Big Jesus posted:

Georgia Tech won the SEC east last year and I will hear no different.

Georgia Tech had the same number of SEC East wins as Georgia did and this fact makes me very happy.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It really is by the grace of Alabama that everyone isn't mocking the SEC East as badly as they need to be. It happens here but I mean mainstream media because that bullshit SEC miasma they insist on throwing everything through before processing it for air is the only reason that conference doesn't get more ridicule which, by the by, it absolutely deserves. It is a disaster of a division.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

It really is by the grace of Alabama that everyone isn't mocking the SEC East as badly as they need to be. It happens here but I mean mainstream media because that bullshit SEC miasma they insist on throwing everything through before processing it for air is the only reason that conference doesn't get more ridicule which, by the by, it absolutely deserves. It is a disaster of a division.

Stop watching talking head shows.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ACC is better top to bottom. :colbert:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

whiteyfats posted:

The ACC is better top to bottom. :colbert:

The SEC is a better top though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TBeats posted:

The SEC is a better top though.

Yeah, but the ACC is a true power bottom.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

pillsburysoldier posted:

Liberty should be in the SEC East

Eh, put them in the West to bring the average down closer to the East's.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

DJExile posted:

Meh, they were really really bad and deserve mockery

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 20, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

DJExile posted:

Well, but the SEC East is decidedly average. It's not only bad because it's average football it's bad because it has 3 teams with no business whatsoever in being anywhere near as bad as they've been recently. One maybe even two of them being bad at the same time is just due to happen but all three? It won't last forever but while it does it definitely deserves ridicule.

The SEC as a whole last year was amazingly mediocre and not just relative to recent success, it was a shitload of average teams and literally just one quality team. When you look down conference standings and cover up Bama's record it's a bunch of 5-9 win teams. It's amazing how down they were this year.

I certainly don't expect that to be the norm but between that, bowl season, and even the title game that enormous gap that used to exist between them and the rest of the schools is very small these days.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Almost as much ridicule as having a national trophy case with nothing in it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I mean yeah the SEC East is trash, no argument here, but if you're expecting basically every sports TV outlet to be anything but HOT TAEK central when they're not broadcasting actual games, then I don't know what to tell you

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Would have guessed Shane Battier or maybe Jason Kidd but okay

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crotch Bat posted:

Well, but the SEC East is decidedly average. It's not only bad because it's average football it's bad because it has 3 teams with no business whatsoever in being anywhere near as bad as they've been recently. One maybe even two of them being bad at the same time is just due to happen but all three? It won't last forever but while it does it definitely deserves ridicule.

The SEC as a whole last year was amazingly mediocre and not just relative to recent success, it was a shitload of average teams and literally just one quality team. When you look down conference standings and cover up Bama's record it's a bunch of 5-9 win teams. It's amazing how down they were this year.

I certainly don't expect that to be the norm but between that, bowl season, and even the title game that enormous gap that used to exist between them and the rest of the schools is very small these days.

The thing is the SEC has been the conference du jour since Florida inflicted Tebow on the world. Also add on that they're "trying" to have a playoff, whatever conference the media deems strong will get endless coverage.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The second best ACC team lost to Kentucky.

In football.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 20, 2017

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

big money big clit posted:

The second best ACC team lost to Kentucky.

In football.

Second-best team has the fourth-best record?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Liberty has so much money they could end up in the American if UConn decides to ditch football and join the Big East

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The thing about the SEC east is there's no real reason UGA and Tennessee shouldn't be good to great every season.

Like USC is hosed as long as dabo is at Clemson, and there's about 45 programs in Florida, but uga and Tennessee have no competition. They just suck.

And at Georgia there's not even another sport they care about.

I can't think of another school with no recruiting competiton or other sport the school cares about that consistently underperformance like those two.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nur_Neerg posted:

Second-best team has the fourth-best record?

7-1 conference record. Not their fault they had to play two superior SEC teams while the rest of the ACC skated by with lesser OOC and bowl opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frinkahedron posted:

Allegedly, no confirmation all day today.

https://twitter.com/VT_Wrestling/status/833783566463070209/

:911: :911: :911: :911:

• Locked thread