Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I want there to be a title for leveling all of the sword-user jobs.

Fister Roboto posted:

Forget samurai, I want to be one of the police guys with daggers and guns.

Machininja.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stormblood is gonna be so loving cool.
I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna become a Samurai

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fister Roboto posted:

Look at this loving garlean collaborator over here

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Van Baelsar Did Nothing Wrong

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Blockhouse posted:

Look at this loving garlean collaborator over here
Playable garleans would be neat. If they were something more than just hyurs with third eye on the forehead.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dwesa posted:

Playable garleans would be neat. If they were something more than just hyurs with third eye on the forehead.

But that is literally all they are.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The problem with playing as a garlean is they cannot use magic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm pretty upset that we're not getting an Ishgard housing area after spending so much time there.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfwteoZCvoY

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm also pretty disappointed that they're going with the anime hobo in a bathrobe type of samurai.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm also pretty disappointed that they're going with the anime hobo in a bathrobe type of samurai.

It makes sense

The options were share drg gear or share monk gear and one of those is more thematically appropriate than the other

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty upset that we're not getting an Ishgard housing area after spending so much time there.

Didn't they even hint that there would be housing there at some point?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I'm obligated to spend my new class time on RDM first since that was my main in FFXI, but sure Samurai looks neat, why not. At least I'll have plenty of top shelf monk gear for them to use.

Digging the swerve into the far East lands.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

It makes sense

The options were share drg gear or share monk gear and one of those is more thematically appropriate than the other

Yeah after thinking about it you're right. With Doma under Garlean subjugation, they would be more like ronin, who were literally hobos with swords.

I really hope the main focus of Stormblood is still on Ala Mhigo.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah after thinking about it you're right. With Doma under Garlean subjugation, they would be more like ronin, who were literally hobos with swords.

We're already Eorzea's premier murderhobos with swords, it's perfect!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I really hope the main focus of Stormblood is still on Ala Mhigo.

Seems like the main focus is uniting places against Garlemald. They mentioned you'd bounce between Eorzea and Othard throughout the main scenario.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

My sheilds cannot repel hype of this magintude. I'm pretty excited. Slightly disappointed it's Iaijutsu and now the sword spirit stuff of FFT, but still good.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I'm not as eager for Stormblood as I was Heavensward because I feel like 3.5 hasn't been as compelling a setup as 2.5, but I'm pretty interested in seeing just what they're doing with this one. I didn't expect Othard to happen anytime soon.

I'm guessing the new jobs will be like Heavensward for me, where I'll go in really interested in one, hate it, then wind up getting into one I didn't give a poo poo about whatsoever, so SAM will no doubt wind up being my new fave DPS.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Meldonox posted:

I'm not as eager for Stormblood as I was Heavensward because I feel like 3.5 hasn't been as compelling a setup as 2.5, but I'm pretty interested in seeing just what they're doing with this one. I didn't expect Othard to happen anytime soon.

In fairness the major story poo poo really went down in 2.55, so we don't know what the rest of the lead-up to Stormblood is going to look like.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Fister Roboto posted:

It isn't what I was expecting, that's for certain! I honestly thought that they would go with the classic armoured Samurai and have them share gear with Dragoon; it's such a no-brainer. That said, I am loving the robed samurai and sharing with Monk gear is a total no-brainer in this context as well. Reminds me of the kinda samurai you'd see in a Kurosawa film.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pierson posted:

Iaijutsu.

That poo poo was straight out of Metal Gear Rising.

I'm trying not to mark the gently caress out for SAM but I'm having trouble guys.

Iaijutsu

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Like if we don't see a dozen Kenshin glamours on day one I'll be shocked.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
'guys, we currently have 8 DPS to 3 each of both other roles. Additionally, DPS wait times are currently absurd and take 15-30 minutes to que for a dungeon. We're releasing two of the most popular and wanted jobs in the game this patch, Samurai and Red Mage. What do we do?'

"Make them both DPS."

'This is why we pay you the big bucks.'

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
While you were complaining about dps queues i was studying the blade

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I can understand the queue/demand concerns, but they did make a good point in the presentation that when the dust settled, generally the people playing tanks and healers were the people who'd already been playing tanks and healers.

Besides, speaking personally, my nostalgia glasses' rose-tint isn't so heavy that I've forgotten that while sure, the DRK tanks for early HW leveling were plentiful... whether or not they were even vaguely resembling competent at tanking was quite another matter. Hell, it's still an issue.

I'd rather have a longer wait for a tank but have it actually be someone who knows how to tank.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Vil posted:

I can understand the queue/demand concerns, but they did make a good point in the presentation that when the dust settled, generally the people playing tanks and healers were the people who'd already been playing tanks and healers.

Besides, speaking personally, my nostalgia glasses' rose-tint isn't so heavy that I've forgotten that while sure, the DRK tanks for early HW leveling were plentiful... whether or not they were even vaguely resembling competent at tanking was quite another matter. Hell, it's still an issue.

I'd rather have a longer wait for a tank but have it actually be someone who knows how to tank.

I mean, 300 DPS Samurai versus Dork Knight are basically the same poo poo, just in different roles.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also don't forget tons of the 'new' SAM/RDM players will just be people leveling the new job and not actual brand-new-to-the-game players, so queue times probably won't change that much.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

'guys, we currently have 8 DPS to 3 each of both other roles. Additionally, DPS wait times are currently absurd and take 15-30 minutes to que for a dungeon. We're releasing two of the most popular and wanted jobs in the game this patch, Samurai and Red Mage. What do we do?'

"Make them both DPS."

'This is why we pay you the big bucks.'

they would still be poo poo, people don't like the responsibility.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wanna play dat sam

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Babe Magnet posted:

wanna play dat sam

I am a hype toilet for this.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If the 3.55 stuff can keep up the quality of that last 3.5 cutscene after the Wall, I'll be well hyped.

Hunter Noventa posted:

My sheilds cannot repel hype of this magintude. I'm pretty excited. Slightly disappointed it's Iaijutsu and now the sword spirit stuff of FFT, but still good.

I dunno, the store and unleash power thing sounds quite a bit like sword spirit stuff to me. I think both are going on here.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Vil posted:

This. Dealing with crap tanks and healers for a long stretch is what makes me switch back to my tank or healer.

Alternatively it will create incentive to get your healer or tank to 70 first. Leveling, 50, and 60 DRs with instant queues means you'll have a lot of tomes to gear up quickly around launch.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'd tank more often but I'd rather babysit a dumbass tank while DPSing as healer, than deal with an honest healer while tanking, so when I run roulettes I usually heal.

On harder stuff though, healing basically feels like trying to herd cats, and trying to keep a bunch of mechanic-ignoring idiots from failing so badly that we wipe, which pisses me off, so instead I like to tank because tanking harder stuff is (somewhat shamefully) pretty drat easy and relaxed.

da anime bulldog
Sep 14, 2004

My idea of helping people.
Chair, can we move the FC house to the pretty new asian place? It looks nice.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

da anime bulldog posted:

Chair, can we move the FC house to the pretty new asian place? It looks nice.

A WEEABOO HOUSE ???

e: alternatively A DOMA HOUSE

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

a dojo

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shares Monk gear.

:bisonyes:

Adbot