Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone with the bengals on their schedule last year thought they would have a harder schedule than they did, and Other Teams as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lol, goddamn, I was seriously expecting way more than that for, well, having to pay bail in any amount. Hazard of growing up in decriminalized cities I guess, I have no idea how other places actually treat marijuana arrests, the worst I ever faced was confiscation or a $50 citation for consuming in public.

Yeah man it was pretty lovely. Virginia doesn't gently caress around. Did a night in the holding cell, 24 hours community service, probation for a year. Charge is dismissed because it was my first offense of any kind but still not an ideal end to a night.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait. This is dumb, but how the gently caress are the Patriots not even on that list?!?!?!

What. The. gently caress.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A Man and his dog posted:

Wait. This is dumb, but how the gently caress are the Patriots not even on that list?!?!?!

Looks like the Pats get the AFC West and NFC South, which aren't the weakest divisions to play against based on the 2016 season. The main reason looks like the Pats play in the AFC East and do not have to play against themselves. You'll notice the Bills, Dolphins and Jets are on that list.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This is some bullshit.

gently caress the AFC North.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ehud posted:

throw out your guesses and the winner gets a prize*

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Sam Shields

Edit: hm, that was apparently a few days ago. Need to refresh more often.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 18, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm kinda curious but too lazy to look up why the Eagles aren't on that list and other NFC East teams are.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I'm kinda curious but too lazy to look up why the Eagles aren't on that list and other NFC East teams are.

cause the eagles can't play themselves

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

cause the eagles can't play themselves

That's not the way that works!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Because none of the other NFCE teams get to play the 3-13 Bears.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Grittybeard posted:

Cowboys: Packers, Falcons
Giants: Lions, Buccaneers
Redskins: Vikings, Saints
Eagles: Bears, Panthers

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 18, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: Wait, that's wrong, nvm

Also the Patriots get to play the Texans which is probably easier than what the other AFCE teams play against

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

Cowboys: Packers, Falcons
Giants: Lions, Buccaneers
Redskins: Vikings, Saints
Eagles: Bears, Panthers

That'll probably do it, thanks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

A Man and his dog posted:

the rich get richer :getin:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What is left of the Bills offense if they get rid of McCoy and Taylor?

7.5 games of Sammy Watkins

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I know Watkins isn't a bust, but would it be out of bounds to call him a disappointment so far?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chromatic posted:

I know Watkins isn't a bust, but would it be out of bounds to call him a disappointment so far?

Probably wouldn't be out of bounds to call him a bust with his injury rates

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chromatic posted:

He played more than half a season twice out of three years and has over 2,000 yards and 15 touchdowns with shaky QBs in those years (16 & 13 games). He may have been over drafted but he's doing just fine except for 2016.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

this should be the new lokey meme.

http://i.imgur.com/UHKKeAp.gifv

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Chromatic posted:

this should be the new lokey meme.

http://i.imgur.com/UHKKeAp.gifv

Ajayi getting hit in the dick is an underappreciated part of this gif.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

*car crash noises*

pleasegetschaubpleasegetschaub

"Matt Schaub, Brian Hoyer could be among 49ers’ targets"

quote:

New 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan wants to find a long-term solution at the quarterback position. But if that long-term solution turns out to be a rookie who’s not ready to start in 2017, Matt Schaub and Brian Hoyer are among the possibilities for a stopgap starter.

Schaub and Hoyer both have connections to Shanahan, and Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee writes that he expects either Schaub or Hoyer or both to be added to the 49ers’ roster.

Schaub was with Shanahan in Atlanta last season, was previously with Shanahan in Houston and has been linked to Shanahan as a possible 49ers quarterback in 2017. Schaub becomes a free agent on March 9.

Hoyer started 13 games for the Browns in 2014 when Shanahan was their offensive coordinator, and the two made for a pretty good combination, with the Browns going 7-6 in the games Hoyer started. Hoyer has heaped praise on Shanahan recently, and he also becomes a free agent on March 9.

Both Schaub and Hoyer are in their 30s and neither has ever been a great NFL starter, so they wouldn’t exactly bring a ton of excitement to San Francisco. But as available veterans go, you could do worse than Schaub and Hoyer. It shouldn’t surprise anyone if that’s the direction the 49ers decide to go in for now, while drafting a rookie quarterback for the future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/18/matt-schaub-brian-hoyer-could-be-among-49ers-targets/

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chromatic posted:

*car crash noises*

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/18/matt-schaub-brian-hoyer-could-be-among-49ers-targets/

Look, if you want to use a BB (Brady Backup) please use at least the latest model, handsome Jimmy G.

Unless you lose the bidding war against Cleveland because you don't have two round one picks, in that case you are forgiven.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chromatic posted:

*car crash noises*

I already said in the NFC West thread a lovely one year QB is what's going to happen if Cousins gets tagged again. The Niners have space to pay him, Shanny wants him and he wants Shanny. It's just biding our time for a year. If he gets a long-term contract with Washington then it's time to worry but getting a QB with our first rounder would be retarded. And that includes Jimmy G.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Spoeank posted:

but getting a QB with our first rounder would be retarded. And that includes Jimmy G.

We are talking about a team owned by Jed York*.

*actually his mother by who cares.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kalli posted:

Revis needs safety help to beat up random 20 year olds.

depending on where you're from, not letting your boys get in on a little night-time fight club is way worse

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Off season arrests are in full swing. Good to see.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Jeff Triplette retired :woop:

... And ex-pat Leonard Myers dead at 38 from cancer :(

Both equally horrible. Triplette games were like officiating roulette. What made up rule is he going to call? No one knows.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Lions are dumb to let Orlovsky go.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/833038567483990016

assuming his cap hit is reduced for 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
A NFL team in absolute COMPLETE reconstruction mode after Chip Kelly leaves? No way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

89 posted:

A NFL team in absolute COMPLETE reconstruction mode after Chip Kelly leaves? No way.

They were in complete reconstruction mode before he got there

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The Lions are dumb to let Orlovsky go.

Maybe you'll sign Haushka? He's probably expensive though.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Alaois posted:

They were in complete reconstruction mode before he got there

Afterwards, they barely had an organization.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nervous posted:

Afterwards, they barely had an organization.

Not really his fault, more coincidence really

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah it feels stupid to say but if anything Chip was wronged. The roster is just awful and that's all Baalke's fault, with maybe a little Jed York thrown in with some of the retired guys going 'gently caress this, I'm out.' I guess the Jed situation might affect free agency some too.

I mean he's an rear end in a top hat so who cares, but he never had a chance.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah it feels stupid to say but if anything Chip was wronged. The roster is just awful and that's all Baalke's fault, with maybe a little Jed York thrown in with some of the retired guys going 'gently caress this, I'm out.' I guess the Jed situation might affect free agency some too.

I mean he's an rear end in a top hat so who cares, but he never had a chance.

I would like to point out as bad and toxic the Browns are the York/Baalke 49ers managed to be worse.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Honestly it was amazing that the 49ers played as hard as they did in most of their games. The team didn't look like it had given up, they just had no depth and little talent so no measure of success was sustainable for the length of a whole game. Unless they were playing the Rams.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope Hue has another bad season so he comes home when Marvin "retires".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I hope Hue has another bad season so he comes home when Marvin "retires".

I dont, I like Hue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
In like 7 years some team will hire Chip and end up in a Carroll/Seahawks situation with flat earth instead of 9/11 truthism.

• Locked thread