Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't know if I'm just an unnaturally good Aliexpress shopper but nothing I've bought from there has been complete poo poo. There were one or two things I overpaid for, relative to what I know I could get now on AE, but that's about it. Oh! The digital camera. That was the one thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm not someone who shops around everywhere to get 5 cents off an item, somebody tell me if this is a good deal

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/42-...2790678995.html

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Neurolimal posted:

I'm not someone who shops around everywhere to get 5 cents off an item, somebody tell me if this is a good deal

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/42-...2790678995.html

I wonder if they would fit my Bernina, even though it's for Singer

edit: probably since this store says "Bernina" and uses the exact same photo https://www.aliexpress.com/item/42-...2787039751.html

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/man-t-shirt-summer-2015-tshirt-casual-clothing-short-sleeve-3d-t-shirt-3d-obama-T/32369883941.html

:captainpop:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought these lights from AliExpress a year or two ago and use them when I have photo shoots to do. They came with a bag for the backdrop and stands and have worked without fault ever since. Not bad for $100.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Has anyone used iDEAL for payment? I want stickers but I don't want to go through the effort of finding a Visa giftcard, I don't even know if they sell them here in my country.

Ralph Crammed In fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 18, 2017

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pick posted:

I don't know if I'm just an unnaturally good Aliexpress shopper but nothing I've bought from there has been complete poo poo. There were one or two things I overpaid for, relative to what I know I could get now on AE, but that's about it. Oh! The digital camera. That was the one thing.

I think the worst thing I've bought is the mermaid leggings that turned out to be NOT holographic. Which I should have honestly known was gonna happen. Might be forgetting something though.

cyberia posted:

I bought these lights from AliExpress a year or two ago and use them when I have photo shoots to do. They came with a bag for the backdrop and stands and have worked without fault ever since. Not bad for $100.

I bought a smaller lighbox setup a few years ago, paid through the rear end on Amazon. There's an improved version from the same manufacturer for $19 on AE. drat, I paid $40 or $50.

It's good, even the not-improved version. I had to construct some tents or whatever they're called, umbrellas? For the lights. But now they come with them. The lights get super loving hot, though. Fast. To the point where I go through the hassle of turning off all three while I switch items.

Seriously though, soft folding light box, four backgrounds, three lights, carrying case. Haven't had to replace a bulb, either. Good deal if you need a lightbox.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Has anyone used iDEAL for payment? I want stickers but I don't want to go through the effort of finding a Visa giftcard, I don't even know if they sell them here in my country.

Apparently it's the most-used online payment system for the Netherlands. I found this, though:

"While the transactions themselves are widely considered to be safe, iDEAL transactions could technically be regarded as cash payments between customers and suppliers, to which the bank is no party and offers no insurance. This means that iDEAL payments cannot be reversed when, for example, a webshop fails to deliver.[4] If a user suspects fraud, their only option to get paid money back, is to make a case with their bank, in which the burden of proof lies with the customer and results are unsure."

So go with AE sellers with high rankings and you should be fine. You're probably fine with any seller, since you can go over their head to AE support, but given that they have a slam book website, I rru to avoid doing that.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Apparently it's the most-used online payment system for the Netherlands.

Can confirm, we use it for p much every online purchase (credit cards are for when you're on vacation outside europe basically) including take-out. It's basically an online banking applet that you use to make a direct transfer, providing your bank supports it.
We also have an app here that you can use to send customised iDEAL links to your friends for that time they made you pay for dinner/drinks/concert-tickets, slightly improving the chances you will ever get it back. We're a very innovative and stingy people.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I bought a smaller lighbox setup a few years ago, paid through the rear end on Amazon. There's an improved version from the same manufacturer for $19 on AE. drat, I paid $40 or $50.

It's good, even the not-improved version. I had to construct some tents or whatever they're called, umbrellas? For the lights. But now they come with them. The lights get super loving hot, though. Fast. To the point where I go through the hassle of turning off all three while I switch items.

Seriously though, soft folding light box, four backgrounds, three lights, carrying case. Haven't had to replace a bulb, either. Good deal if you need a lightbox.

Links pls

I think the worst thing I've bought is the mermaid leggings that turned out to be NOT holographic.

Whut?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yo pick I received those earphones you linked in the OP, they're pretty not bad !
The packaging has "Enjoy the richbass charm" and a little fake sony walkman logo on it :3:

Also a pen and extra foam pads for my porta pros, and other stuff, that's great.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Man, a ton of the poo poo I ordered has gotten here quickly.

Bought 300 generic Magic eraser sponges.

SPONGES FOR YEARS AHAHAHA

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

Man, a ton of the poo poo I ordered has gotten here quickly.

Bought 300 generic Magic eraser sponges.

SPONGES FOR YEARS AHAHAHA

I did the same thing. I will never need another

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011
Home > All Categories > "goku" 9,764 Results

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dra...2590509707.html
:hellyeah:

Searching cuckold brings up a bunch of turtles;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cuckold-10-Soft-Neoprene-Sleeve-Case-Bag-Cover-Pouch-Hide-Handle-For-Dell-XPS-10-Samsung/1380684392.html

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh my god that turtle

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

...and the pitch! posted:

Oh my god that turtle

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Firstly, tortoises and turtles are regarded as insufficiently virile. “Gui tou” (“turtle’s head”) is a common euphemism for a penis. From this combination turtles are often associated with cuckolds in China. This folk identification may be reinforced by the old Chinese expression "to wear a green hat" (simplified Chinese: 戴绿帽子; traditional Chinese: 戴綠帽子; pinyin: dài lǜmàozi) or "to wear a green scarf" (simplified Chinese: 戴绿头巾; traditional Chinese: 戴綠頭巾; pinyin: dài lǜtóujīn), which derives from sumptuary laws of the Spring-Autumn period (5th to 8th Century BCE) and means "to be a cuckold."

huh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Chinese Turtle Meme

Yellow Jesus
Jul 18, 2003

But the hat is blue! This makes no sense

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I once read in a book in the third grade that it was very insulting to call someone the child of a turtle, but the author didn't explain why.

loving decades long mystery solved, thanks.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I dunno about the cultural mythology, I just think that is one awesome terrapin.
Is this design available on a backpack?

E: hey Lowtax, these would work as merch if you add a tag reading "pull the tab to make all your wildest dreams come true."

http://s.aliexpress.com/umIbQvyA

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 18, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Cucking aside, that turtle is adorable. I think its how happy he looks about having a hat umbrella :3:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If there's any cuckoldry going on, the turtle is loving it.
You go little guy!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

This owns.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

...and the pitch! posted:

Oh my god that turtle

FrozenVent posted:

This owns.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Top reptiles and amphibians:
1. Dat Boy
2. Hat Turtle

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Stepping up my everyday-carry game on the cheap!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I got one of these as a stocking stuffer a couple years ago that came with a 12-1 tool that is the size of a credit card. I've actually used both when I was out riding and didn't have regular tools on me . For $.49, its a good value.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

think that credit card knife would show up on the x-ray machine at the airport?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32613175871.html
Night vision technology that people can barely notice you're wearing.

E: f/b

Squish fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 19, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Cucking aside, that turtle is adorable. I think its how happy he looks about having a hat umbrella :3:

Plus she's being smug right in to the "camera" so it's a cheeky 4th wall breaking.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

on taobao but it's probably on aliexpress too

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I want that turtle on something that isn't a laptop sleeve

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

it's kinda weird to think there's a good chance that the people making and selling this have no idea what the image is supposed to be

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lego-Tanks-Cool-Custom-MousePad-for-Size-18-22cm-and-25-29cm-Support-for-Desktop-PC/32724394447.html

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

it's kinda weird to think there's a good chance that the people making and selling this have no idea what the image is supposed to be

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lego-Tanks-Cool-Custom-MousePad-for-Size-18-22cm-and-25-29cm-Support-for-Desktop-PC/32724394447.html

haha woah

Mr. Goodbytes
Jan 30, 2006

Networks AND Ghosts?
Bought a bunch of little things, but this arrived today:

I was quite pleased to see this little fellow in my mailbox. It's a solar powered crab. He gently chitters across my desktop when the light shines on him.

I never knew I needed this, but apparently I do.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr. Goodbytes posted:

Bought a bunch of little things, but this arrived today:

I was quite pleased to see this little fellow in my mailbox. It's a solar powered crab. He gently chitters across my desktop when the light shines on him.

I never knew I needed this, but apparently I do.

hell yeah dude

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

There's probably a very good chance they might. Then again, maybe that's the Chinese sweatshop version of Something Awful and they're selling ironic goods.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
gonna reiterate my love for glue dots, which at $.45 for 100 of them is a loving good-rear end deal. You think you have no need for these until you own them and see how useful they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011

T.C. posted:

I want that turtle on something that isn't a laptop sleeve

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nov...2719143681.html
Enjoy your new umbrella.