Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Pick posted:

The trick is that you never know who will be in a position to help you or gently caress you over in the future, so make as many friends and as few enemies as you possibly can.

survival of the fittest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

As a de facto secretary, can confirm

I also remember a woman telling me about working in an office in the 70s, and her boss would always yell at her--proper yelling, like offices were more likely to have back then--because she was such an "idiot" who "couldn't make coffee right". He insisted that there were always grains left over, which she didn't see, but she figured if she was going to be blamed for it then she was going to be responsible for it, so before she took him his coffee, she would use sugar cubes to crush ants in the office kitchen and add them to his cup.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Who the hell is Dare and why does he keep reregging and sharing that Tribal War link? :psyduck:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Why is the same Starsiege Tribes forum from when I was 13 (I'm 27) still active to begin with?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cyberventurer posted:

Who the hell is Dare and why does he keep reregging and sharing that Tribal War link? :psyduck:

A crazy person from Toronto who thinks that all of SA is sockpuppet accounts for people he played Tribes with in high school

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

A crazy person from Toronto who thinks that all of SA is sockpuppet accounts for people he played Tribes with in high school

haha it gets me everytime

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Andrast posted:

I'm nice to everybody since there's no reason not to be

This is usually both good and beneficial.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

That's a different kind of crazy. What's the reverse of thinking everyone around you has been replaced by a fake?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

wait, are you not?

did we accidentally open registration to the public at some point?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Remember sarah from 2nd period our senior year, omg what a hottie

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

and for the love of GOD, be nice to the secretaries, if they hate you, they can end you

The secretaries, the janitors, etc. It may not be today, tomorrow, or the next day, but one day it will bite you in the rear end hard if you treat them like they're less than you.

My wife teaches at the high school I went to and the same beloved janitor/maintenance guy, Mr. James, still works there. There was a new teacher (about six months into the job) that was kind of rude to him about not hurrying up and sweet jesus the faculty and students loving hated that teacher after that.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 18, 2017

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Pick posted:

and for the love of GOD, be nice to the secretaries, if they hate you, they can end you

Also the janitors/cleaning and maintenance staff. Not only do they literally hold all the keys and can let you in if you've been locked out after hours, they know all the best stories. Mum and a friend from work used to catch up with their office cleaners for drinks semi-regularly, and they'd share stories of who was having affairs with who, since people would forget they were there cleaning or just not care, assuming they were too dumb or inferior or whatever to notice.

I mean apart from the whole "you should be nice to people generally" thing.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Whitlam posted:

Also the janitors/cleaning and maintenance staff. Not only do they literally hold all the keys and can let you in if you've been locked out after hours, they know all the best stories. Mum and a friend from work used to catch up with their office cleaners for drinks semi-regularly, and they'd share stories of who was having affairs with who, since people would forget they were there cleaning or just not care, assuming they were too dumb or inferior or whatever to notice.

I mean apart from the whole "you should be nice to people generally" thing.

Yep. If you're too rude to acknowledge them, maintenance will eventually fade into the background and you'll have no idea they're even there while you're talking poo poo about your boss to another coworker.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

My friend world's at lush and one day this guy comes in and says 'what's the most expensive thing you have in the store?' which would be this three hundred dollar tub of bath bombs and lotions or whatever. Turns out the guy cheated on his wife and was hoping a box of goodies would placate her.

No clue if it worked.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Andrast posted:

I'm nice to everybody since there's no reason not to be

:yeah:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
My (23F) boyfriend (32M) doesn't come when we have sex. I can't help feeling like it's me, and it's putting me off.

quote:

I'm on mobile and as such apologise for any and all typos, grammatical/ formatting errors in advance!

BACKGROUND: Me and my boyfriend of one month have been friends for about a year and a half. I split up with my ex about 6 months ago. He hasn't been in a relationship since his divorce a year ago (1 year separation previous). I always fancied him and we got along great but nothing blossomed until 2 months ago. We made it "official" last month.

Everything is great. He's a fantastic, intelligent, funny, kind man. I couldn't ask for better. He's not conventionally good looking but I find him incredibly attractive. We are very close, have a lot of fun together and can both talk for hours or just be together doing separate things in silence equally comfortably. We're similar personality types, same sense of humour, all that. It's the first relationship I've been in that satisfies me so much and meets all my needs - like quality time alone, two grown up people both with good jobs, able to manage their own lives and finances, etc.

The only problem is our sex life. I really enjoy it, don't get me wrong here, but I feel like I'm the ONLY one enjoying it. We kiss and make out and there's passion and he's hard and ready but he never comes. He did say once it was hard to concentrate on not coming when I gave him a blow job but it hasn't happened since. I asked him about it today and he said it's because of the condom/uncircumcised combination.

I must also add, I realise the age gap. Another problem is our schedules. I manage a busy city centre bar and work 1700-0300 Wed thru Sun. He's a physicist and does 0800-1700 Mon thru Fri. We don't have a day off together. When we get to spend the night it is usually after I finish work. For example today, he was out last night and we also went for a few drinks after I finished up. So we have almost always had sex after a night of drinking.

Problem is, I've never had this problem before. It's getting to me because I can't help but feel it's my fault, that I'm just not good/sexy enough. He tells me I am all the time (and always says he got so lucky, I'm so out of his league, how did he catch me, etc ridiculousness). It's starting to put me off sex a little bit because I don't want to disappoint. He always says he has a good time anyway but it's a little harder to believe without "results". It'd be different if it was "sometimes" but it's every time. I don't want this to become a thing. Help???

TL;DR My boyfriend of one month has never come during sex with me and it's starting to get to me. Help!

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

value-brand cereal posted:

My friend world's at lush and one day this guy comes in and says 'what's the most expensive thing you have in the store?' which would be this three hundred dollar tub of bath bombs and lotions or whatever. Turns out the guy cheated on his wife and was hoping a box of goodies would placate her.

No clue if it worked.

An angry person can enact a hell of a lot of revenge with $300 worth of bath bombs and lotions

Not me, of course. I'm just throwing it out there.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

take the condom off and prepare to be disappointed in the opposite way

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
:sever:

quote:

My [18M] girlfriend [20] doesn't want to vaccinate our kid and we plan to get married, what do I do?

So I've been dating my girlfriend for 3 years, best 3 years of my life she is everything I want. I planned on proposing next year and getting married a few years later. Anyway, I asked her today if she planned on having our kids vaccinated and she said "no".

I ask questions like this for exactly this reason. This was a huge red flag. I know there are people that honestly believe the vaccine conspiracies but I've never personally met one because I don't see how they could believe any of it.

I don't know what to say, I thought I was going to marry and have kids with this girl but she wants to put their lives and other children's lives in danger because she believes in a conspiracy that's been debunked time and time again.

She linked me to an article from a basic site with nothing but lovely "backed up by Dr.sososo's facts in {Insert book name here}." At the bottom of the article it showed the list of sources like "vaxtruth". No .edu, no .gov, no ACTUAL studies. I told her all of that and all she said was "ok" and obviously didn't agree. She claims I'm attacking her opinion and that "I'm always right so whatever".

TL;DR: girl I planned on having a family with is a anti vaccine conspiracist

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

lol best three years of his life. Dude is eighteen. Not really a deep well to pull from.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Tears In A Vial posted:

lol best three years of his life. Dude is eighteen. Not really a deep well to pull from.

I dunno, man. 4-11 were probably the best years of my life.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Chichevache posted:

I dunno, man. 4-11 were probably the best years of my life.

0-7 here. Good times.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why can secretaries end you? I mean I don't doubt it, but I'd like some good stories.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why can secretaries end you? I mean I don't doubt it, but I'd like some good stories.

Guess who the executives rely on to get poo poo done, talk with constantly, and probably have a solid working relationship with?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I brought you guys something

I (29F) don't know how to feel about being a big sister again. Dad (51M) with his gf (16-7F).

quote:

Here's the deal... my dad is a pedophile (Please note he has never harmed me or my siblings and was married to my mother for 25 years and never did anything to a child while he was with her). He went to jail for a bit for dating a minor a couple of years back. I had cut ties with him but after lots of therapy I let him into my life again. I love my father and he was a good father to me before his issues began. He's been diagnosed with several mental disorders (this is, of course, unrelated to his pedophilia) and thus he's hard to have a relationship with. I'd say we have a very cordial relationship. Of course tis all went downhill when he started dating a 15 year old girl. I won't get into details but her parents were very much for this union and even signed consent forms for her to be married to my dad at age 16. Yes, this is sick and no I will never excuse his behavior or forget he's abusing a child but sadly there's nothing me or the court system in my country can do.

That being said I fond out his gf/wife (unsure if they're married or not) got pregnant and I completely lost contact with him because honestly it rubbed me the wrong way (and rightly so!) but my brother was born yesterday and while I don't want much to do with my father and his gf/wife I don't feel like I should puush my little brother out of my life either? I mean can I be happy about him being born? I am honestly happy he's healthy and he's a beautiful baby. Honestly I went from being happy to seeing I have a new brother to wondering if I should be angry and now I am sad and I want him to know I'm alive and that I don't blame him for our father being ill and that he's an innocent being who deserves the best life possible. No, I don't think he'll have the best life with a teenage mom and a mentally ill and pedophile father... So I want to be there for him too. I want to be happy he was born but I feel like I somehow shouldn't be. It's a poo poo situation all around.

Also, please don't tell me to call the cops because, as stated above, that won't do anything since age of consent in the cuntry my father and his gf/wife are in is 15 and due to her parents being for their union and stuff there is nothing I can do in that aspect. I also live in another country and I am tired of people blaming me for my father's issues.

tl;dr: Dad got a teenager pregnant. I want to love and be happy for the life that is my brother but I don't know if I should be or not.

Oh and he started dating her when she was 14

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 19, 2017

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I (29F) don't know how to feel about being a big sister again. Dad (51M) with his gf (16-7F).

This person also posted this which might be relevant:

quote:

This is sort of a sensitive issue for me so please try to be gentle with your replies. I'm using a throwaway because honestly being known as 'that farting girl' doesn't sound like fun and my friends and I use reddit.

I've been vegan for three years and while I know people fart it seems to me like my farting is out of control? It doesn't smell unless I have to go to the bathroom and when I go it's regular. I go twice a day and at around the same times. I don't feel bloated or anything but I'm just wondering if this is normal? My stomach doesn't hurt either, it's just farting but I find it quite embarressing to deal with because it happens A LOT =(

I don't eat beans except maybe once or twice a week and even when I eat beans, again, it's not a bad smell unless I have to go. I have tried switching things arond, eating more veggies, less veggies, more fruits, not using soy, not using gluten... Nothing has helped and I don't want to be addicted to gas-x or something.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Oh and he started dating her when she was 14

Someone who remembers Vietnam just knocked up someone who doesn't remember September 11th

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Tears In A Vial posted:

This person also posted this which might be relevant:

She's been vegan for three years and hasn't yet become accustomed to plant based diet amount of farting? FAKE

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

Found out a really special poem that was gifted to me (32f) from my boyfriend (44m) wasnt actually written for me.

Hi everyone.

If I could get some perspective that would be great. Not sure if I'm overreacting.

Bf and I have been together 3 years. A few years ago for christmas, he gave me a beautiful hand written poem, which I thought he wrote for me. He had it professionally framed and embellished. This has always been very special to me, it's hung above my bed.

Yesterday, I was at his house putting away laundry. In his sock drawer I found a piece of paper underneath his socks. It was dated "June 1999." This is when he was engaged to his ex-fiance. It was a typed out poem. The exact same poem that I thought he wrote for me.

I'm trying to look at it from both sides. Maybe his intentions were genuine when he gave it to me. It was 20 years ago. I can't helped but be a little crushed...that poem was originally written for someone else. Those words were for someone else. Does he give this to all of his girlfriends? I feel like leftovers.

Whats weirder is he saved "drafts" of it on notebook paper for me (to show me his process while "writing it out"). These were newly written. But it was word for word from the original I found. Like he was pretending it was written out for me.

Do I approach him about this? Do I leave it alone? It's bothering the hell out of me.

Tldr; boyfriend of 3 years gave me a beautiful handwritten poem as a gift & had it framed and embellished. Hold it very dear to my heart. Yesterday I found that same poem in his drawer typed out and dated "june 1999" (when he was engaged to his ex-fiance). Im crushed. What do i do?

quote:

Edit: I want to add that on valentines day, he showed me a mysterious comment she (same ex fiance) left on on of his pinterest posts. The post was of a place they traveled to together. Two days after this, I noticed she created a board titled "B" (first initial of my boyfriend's name). It contains things he has interest in. I havent brought this up either.

please have self-esteem

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

corn on the cop posted:

please have self-esteem

this reminds me of an English teacher I had that wrote a poem as a kid to give to a girl that was literally Sweet Child O' Mine verbatim

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

She's been vegan for three years and hasn't yet become accustomed to plant based diet amount of farting? FAKE

You can be vegan and basically just eat fries and processed non-dairy/non-meat stuff. Or forget to read labels and eat stuff that is "probably" vegan. I went to college with a few overweight to obese vegans.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Eponine posted:

You can be vegan and basically just eat fries and processed non-dairy/non-meat stuff. Or forget to read labels and eat stuff that is "probably" vegan. I went to college with a few overweight to obese vegans.

Very true! I will vouch that healthy vegans eat a fuckton of fibre and are always farting.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Someone who remembers Vietnam just knocked up someone who doesn't remember September 11th

You're killing it, man. :hfive:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

liar_ur_a_liar posted:

HEY SUPER GROVER IF U READ THIS DONT HIRE THAT BITCH TO WRITE ANYTHING HE DOESNT GET THE MORAL OF THE STORIES AND COULDNT UNDERSTAND LORD OF THE FLIES

How exactly did they misunderstand Lord of the Flies? What was their interpretation of the work? What is your interpretation of the work?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

You're killing it, man. :hfive:

Strangely enough my posting improved after I finished all 300 pages of La Esposa Majestuosa

(And thanks)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Strangely enough my posting improved after I finished all 300 pages of La Esposa Majestuosa

I too have immersed myself in study of The Majestic Wife in order to better understand the zen of Synthy. I believe Ritsu and INRI are bodhisattvas. Triticum is jhvh reborn in flesh.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

My (33M) wife of 2 years (31F) is destroying our kitchen, finances, and relationship with copycat recipes.

quote:

We just had our first and probably only child 6 months ago. We both work. We have a lot of family nearby who help with our son, and I can also work from home at least a couple days a week. My point here is, we aren't paying out the wazoo for childcare. Most of it is free, or barter system for food, errands, a 6 pack of beer, etc. We both have decent jobs. We aren't rich but we aren't living paycheck to paycheck either.

Like a lot of couples our age, we used to eat out and get takeout a lot. I actually love to cook and am told I'm good at it, but given the choice of going out and having fun, or just having a relaxing night, we chose those things instead of cooking a meal from scratch.

After our son was born, my wife and I talked about how to cut corners. You never know what may come up, and we want to be financially prepared when it does. She suggested we cook at home at least 3 days a week.

Well, turned out we have different tastes. When I cook, I like to make either ethnic foods (usually Asian) or traditional meat and potatoes type meals. Think pot roasts, casseroles, rotisserie chicken, that kind of thing. I also wanted to steer us toward a healthier diet to be a good example for our son.

She likes her food more "inventive". Not necessarily gourmet, but, like restaurant foods. American with a twist like Panera, Applebees, TGI Fridays.

So she started looking up copycat recipes.

And Reddit, I swear I know she means well, I really do, but for one, the messes I come home to. Every pot and pan dirty. Things stuck to the counters and mashed into the floor. The sink overflowing with dishes and bits of food. I don't even know how she makes such a mess for one meal.

And the cost!!! After buying all the ingredients for these copycat recipes, we could have gone to Applebees 3 times and just ordered it. I'm not exaggerating. I asked to see the receipt from her last copycat recipe, and it was $64!!!! For one meal!!!! We're doing this to SAVE money!

And the food never comes out the same. I think a lot of these recipes are made by Pinterest folks, who haven't had the actual dish in a while, and most things don't taste anything like the restaurant version. Then we have a huge mess to clean up AND a baby to take care of, there's 20 lbs of leftovers in the fridge that neither of us want to eat, and it just ends up getting thrown away.

I've suggested cooking classes so we can find a style we both like. I've suggested meal planning or even ordering one of those cook it yourself boxes like Blue Apron. She says those are all "too expensive" like she doesn't see she is literally throwing $40-70 in the garbage with one of these copycat recipes. I've explained I think the copycat recipes are more for those odd times when you just HAVE to have a dish, and either don't have that restaurant nearby, or they don't serve it anymore.

I'm getting really resentful. She wanted to try something, which is cool. You never know til you try. But it's not working for us, it's causing more problems and stress than it's resolved by far, and she won't give it up. I don't know what else to do or say or how to approach it.

tl;dr We wanted to save money since our son was born and agreed to eat in more. Wife started making copycat recipes of her favorite dishes, but they cost 3x what they would at the restaurant, and make a huge mess and a ton of leftovers that just get thrown out. She won't consider any alternatives.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My [25/m] roomate [20s/m] using drugs, help!!![new]

submitted 5 hours ago by havedruggieroomie

I don't want to live around drugs, but I do like having roommates.

So, I found a place and the landlord assured me that this was a drug free house. There are 5 other roomates (big place) and I was so happy to find a drug free house with a lot of roomates in a state where marijuana use is legal.

Well recently we were all hanging out and 1 of them just casually pulled out a pipe and started smoking weed. Now I am super bummed.

I have bounced around a lot before getting this rental and only been here 3 months, I don't want to have to move again. Should I narc on this guy and see if the landlord will evict him? Or should I just start looking for a new place?

tl;dr Not OK with my roomate using weed, wat do?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Try not being the squarest person in existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Holy gently caress the squareness.