Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

BabyFur Denny posted:

What are the best looking flourishes? I kinda like the bifrost one. Oh and heroes for hire is also good

Party in a box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I don't even pick up rings...

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lozareth posted:

Ghost Rider's Hell on Wheels ability is the most amazing thing for bounty clears right now.

wrong, the correct answer is Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Toshimo posted:

What makes a perfect ring?

Goatse.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Some more new style cosmic items. Starting to look a little more interesting--not gonna beat out uniques yet but when Omegas come around with more affixes and cool bonuses, I can see them being worthwhile

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

AgentVapor says they'll be able to roll +attribute for your current hero's archetype as well, no word on numbers wrt that though

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
so omega items are gonna be like back when cosmic items were still good and you had to look through hundred pants to find the one with the right rolls?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
They are attempting to create a kind of Diablo style "smart loot" system so that omega gear will not roll with completely nonsensical affixes and will be tailored to the character you're playing to some degree, in addition to an overall pruning and rebalancing of the types of affixes that can appear.

So there will definitely be a chase for "the right pants" but it will be a lot less hopelessly random than in the past.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Coming back to this after a couple years off. My favourite character is iron man. How is he now and how should I gear/spec him?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Coolspaz posted:

Coming back to this after a couple years off. My favourite character is iron man. How is he now and how should I gear/spec him?

Iron Man is good! You can go lasers/missiles/melee and be viable in all 3 specs.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/1288/ <---probably his "best" endgame spec right now, courtesy of Groot Force's own Lozareth. Ranged lasers mostly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BabyFur Denny posted:

so omega items are gonna be like back when cosmic items were still good and you had to look through hundred pants to find the one with the right rolls?

:rip: nickhimself

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Too pure for this world

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
So is this game ruined like Steam seems to think

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I would like it very much if they broke beam weaving forever, it sucks

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

El Generico posted:

The game is in the middle of some upheaval that has been undertaken to fix systemic rot across all aspects of the game. It's currently in a sort of awkward in-between state where a lot of stuff has been clawed back in some way but the follow up work to actually fix or replace it has not yet been implemented. Probably the most notable example is their desire to encourage players to actually clear content and fight normal enemies rather than just teleport boss rush-- the mobility has been tamped down but the adjustments to the content and reward schemes haven't materialized yet. The groundwork has also been laid to phase out character uniques and replace them with new endgame gear while also supporting a new difficulty system, but those items don't yet exist.

I think that the steam reviews reflect the anger of a shrinking but obsessive playerbase that had grown accustomed to all of the idiosyncratic aspects of their dumb super hero game, and is completely allergic to major change. I'm not going to dismiss all the criticism of the changes as unfounded, but there is pretty clearly a lot of apoplectic mouth frothing without much consideration of the bigger picture. The biggest picture probably being the terminal downward trend of player numbers requiring them to take major action to course correct. I think a lot of the reviewers feel like if they smear enough poo poo on the walls they can force Gaz to backpedal and undo the patch, which is never ever going to happen.

FWIW I personally think a lot of the changes were smart and make it easy to overlook whatever was lost. I am much more fixated on whether or not the other shoe will drop, and how they will get back to actually adding new content again after they have wrapped up the major systems reworks.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I mean, honestly that really sums it up.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

El Generico posted:

This game may or may not be ruined but you should never trust steam reviews either way.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Scoss posted:

FWIW I personally think a lot of the changes were smart and make it easy to overlook whatever was lost. I am much more fixated on whether or not the other shoe will drop, and how they will get back to actually adding new content again after they have wrapped up the major systems reworks.

Yup, pretty much. Most of the reviews are the usual reactionary stuff to a major systems change, but the reviews are lying out their asses when they make comparisons to Star Wars Galaxies infamous New Game Experience.

The changes cleaned up alot of overly obtuse systems and streamlined alot of stuff like the Omega to Infinity system. Even the movement changes were a smart idea given engine performance and game balance. Yes, I liked to zoom around everywhere with teleport, but I can at least admit that it was broken as gently caress and toxic to balance.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I was wondering if I could get an invite into the goon guild?MrHootington

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
My drop boxes have been utter garbage but I've only opened like 20

Good source of visual poo poo though

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Also a good source of loud as gently caress noises

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Gibbering Madness posted:

Too pure for this world

Literally a visionary.

Also, what the gently caress is that Hulk man...

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Asros dropping some top-tier passive aggressive tweets: https://twitter.com/Asros/status/833141854317088769

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Kokoro Wish posted:

Yup, pretty much. Most of the reviews are the usual reactionary stuff to a major systems change, but the reviews are lying out their asses when they make comparisons to Star Wars Galaxies infamous New Game Experience.

The changes cleaned up alot of overly obtuse systems and streamlined alot of stuff like the Omega to Infinity system. Even the movement changes were a smart idea given engine performance and game balance. Yes, I liked to zoom around everywhere with teleport, but I can at least admit that it was broken as gently caress and toxic to balance.

And you can still R-key through the 90% of the map you don't care about, etc.

Continuing my new account saga from before: Before I got my first 60, I bought Boreclops with splinters and leveled him to 50 for his synergy bonus, thinking that would help with the Legendary grind. It didn't, really, and dragging him from 50 to 60 on Legendaries was pretty awful. I very much recommend against doing this, unless you really love being the condescending prick teacher's pet. My 4th 60 ticked over in the middle of the AIM lab in Chapter 8, though, so somewhere between 2 and 4 you stop needing to grind Legendary Quests at all.

The game is pretty fun, and I could see myself buying a couple more characters to mess around with. I could not see myself loving about with endgame gearing whatsoever. Hard Mode will forever be a painful mystery to me.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

El Generico posted:

The update doesn't meany anything if they don't put out any new content. They still aren't putting out anything new, they aren't teasing any new content, and there is just a vague promise of "this update will make adding in new content easier". They are going to spend a year+ on this and all you have will be new items to grind for in the same game modes that you have been playing forever, except now things take longer to kill and you move a lot slower. The omega system needed to go, but it was replaced by the infinity system which is kinda like a worse version of the paragon system from D3. In game clock still doesn't work correctly and is attached to a random ui element that can be toggled off.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Unironically having more fun with the game than before the biggest something whatever, so I dunno.

Characters I had completely written off as being boring and/or sucky I'm now having a lot of fun with. At least there's cosmic artifacts to do content for, which is better than the zero new items I thought we'd have for the next 3 months while they work on the new best gear.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gibbering Madness posted:

Asros dropping some top-tier passive aggressive tweets: https://twitter.com/Asros/status/833141854317088769

He tweets as bad as he develops.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Apparently they are reworking rings as well:

Asros said they obviously aren't final and that the number of affixes is still TBD.

He also said that with the new slot 1-5 items they are working on making it so you can re-roll specific affixes.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

good, specific affix rerolls will keep things sane

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

There are a lot less bitchappotamuses on PS4

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Lux Aeterna posted:

There are a lot less bitchappotamuses on PS4

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/833142073515585536

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

You'll never live this down Toshimo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Like we get it Asros, you can't take criticism as well as your president does.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

That guy asros is a real bitchoppatamus

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Overminty posted:

You'll never live this down Toshimo

You've accurately summed up my SA posting career.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think he's actually a Bitchasaurus Rex

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

^^^Bitchappotamus move right there

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

I presume use mr strange to kill robits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Makes sense that Asros can only conceive of his personal issues through continually inventing new fursonas