Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I'm slow catching up on shows but I just got done with Osaka last night and both NB ME's were fantastic and completely different :)

Elgin trying to kill Naito by powerbombing him into that guard rail, Okada's selling and Suzuki just being completely mental, Dragon Lee + Hiromu just trying to kill each other in general... I've never screamed in horror so many times in a match!

I'm booking my flight for the new year again next month, can't wait to be back in Japan I miss it....

You guys can always use Tenso or something similar to buy directly from the njpw shop, I've done it several times and it's fine. I gotta pick up a couple of tees for cosplay this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Super No Vacancy posted:

tiger mask w getting the belt and kenny challenging him for it seems inevitable for sometime this year, what with w getting a non-title shot and being in the new japan cup and kenny essentially saying he was returning to new japan to work an angle with ibushi

kota is never winning the belt come on

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

is there still the goon who was buying japanese merch and shipping it to the US? i really want the betty boop bullet club shirt but it looks like it's only available in japan :(

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Elgin-Naito got a fiver from Big Dave

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Elgin-Naito got a fiver from Big Dave

Can't really argue with that. What'd he give Hiromu/Dragon Lee?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Can't really argue with that. What'd he give Hiromu/Dragon Lee?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sk posted:

is there still the goon who was buying japanese merch and shipping it to the US? i really want the betty boop bullet club shirt but it looks like it's only available in japan :(

Hi send a PM if you're serious.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

and Shibata vs. Ospreay got 4 even

new observer posted:

Dragon Lee is expected to work here more frequently this year. At the New Beginning show in Sapporo on 2/5, Lee actually forgot his boots before the trip and ended up wrestling in Shibata’s boots as they were the only ones that fit him.

BOSJ is gonna own

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Shibata/Ospreay was 5 but its pretty clear Dave and I watch wrestling differently.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Has been doing production/hosting work for NJPW: https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/832431513811554304

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
my main man big mike with two five star matches, baby

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

harperdc posted:

Hi send a PM if you're serious.

Can you post your email? I don't have PMs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
good news Yoshitatsu's now teaming with Los Ingobernables in CMLL

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

he immediately went into old man rudo mode and it was fuckin great. Lucha purists were not enthused.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

I loved that stupid match so much.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What shows/matches do I want to watch if I want to see the best of LIJ? Everything from Naito's early prickishness to his total distaste of the titles.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

What shows/matches do I want to watch if I want to see the best of LIJ? Everything from Naito's early prickishness to his total distaste of the titles.

Naito became El Ingobernable just before the 2015 G1, so I suggest you go through his matches there, especially his ones against Shibata and Tanahashi.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer says Zack Sabre Jr is starting with New Japan soon

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Meltzer says Zack Sabre Jr is starting with New Japan soon

BoSJ?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/833250715476885504

Also good news here:

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/833250899254468608

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think we have different definitions of good news, mate. (wrt Cody, ZSJ is pretty cool)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh if Cody goes to NJPW full time then (a) there's a chance he'll get better (b) Kenny might hand over the reigns to him and gently caress off with the Bucks to permanent main event glory sooner rather than later

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if that means Zack is gonna drop the PWG title. It's one thing for the Bucks to never defend the tag straps, but both titles never being defended because the champs are busy is a bit much.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Does NJPW World still charge on the first of the month? I have the urge to sign up again but I don't want to pay $10 for like a week.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Makabe Anniversary show is tonight/tomorrow morning and it is Free.

Togi Makabe 20th Anniversary
February 21st at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Henare vs. Tomoyouki Oka
CHAOS (Jado and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA and El Desperado)
Shibata, Nagata, Liger, and TMIV vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSU, Iizuka, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
Tana,KUSHIDA, Juice, Taguchi, and Finlay vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
TenCozy and Nakanishi vs. CHAOS (Okada, Goto, and YOSHI-HASHI)
GBH vs. CHAOS (YTR and ISHII)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Golashes posted:

Does NJPW World still charge on the first of the month? I have the urge to sign up again but I don't want to pay $10 for like a week.

yes. the Makabe show is nothing that special so I'd wait until March for the Anniversary show and New Japan Cup.

KungFu Grip posted:

Makabe Anniversary show is tonight/tomorrow morning and it is Free.

Korakuen Hall

Henare vs. Tomoyouki Oka
Shibata, Nagata, Liger, and TMIV vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSU, Iizuka, Taichi, and Kanemaru)
Tana,KUSHIDA, Juice, Taguchi, and Finlay vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)

It's early Tuesday morning US time, which is a shame since I'm off Mondays

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Makabe show is early tomorrow morning US time if anyone's interested

Korakuen Hall

Henare vs. Tomoyouki Oka

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Makabe show is early tomorrow morning US time if anyone's interested

Korakuen Hall

Henare vs. Tomoyouki Oka

this is on now. Its Free http://njpwworld.com/lp/l_live_93_1

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

No commentary?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wait, I went to the bathroom. How did Henare get hurt?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Wait, I went to the bathroom. How did Henare get hurt?

no idea. ankle or knee maybe.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/DubsMcTF/status/834093656080515073
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/834104637791760385

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 21, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Venomous posted:

tbh if Cody goes to NJPW full time then (a) there's a chance he'll get better (b) Kenny might hand over the reigns to him and gently caress off with the Bucks to permanent main event glory sooner rather than later

Interesting that this is now coming out because on Facebook, when I see ads for NJ World, it's often Okada, Omega and Cody. So NJ is definitely promoting him above someone like Michael Elgin or Naito to the American audience.

Cody as the new leader of BC does zero for me but hey maybe he'll finally start having those ****+ level matches this year. Probably a safe bet he'll be in G1 now.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

said this before but if The Elite split off from the BC at some point in the next year (which they very much should) then the BC will become a lower-midcard act which will never again reach the heights it reached under Devitt, AJ or even Kenny

this is all for the better tbh

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sigmachiev posted:

Interesting that this is now coming out because on Facebook, when I see ads for NJ World, it's often Okada, Omega and Cody. So NJ is definitely promoting him above someone like Michael Elgin or Naito to the American audience.

Cody as the new leader of BC does zero for me but hey maybe he'll finally start having those ****+ level matches this year. Probably a safe bet he'll be in G1 now.

Everything was going so well this year too so far....

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
I'd be fine with Cody as a secondary singles guy for BC who could credibly challenge for the NEVER or IC belts.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Zack Sabre Jr in New Japan will more than make up for Cody.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Food Court Druid posted:

I'd be fine with Cody as a secondary singles guy for BC who could credibly challenge for the NEVER or IC belts.

I'd be fine with him in their fourth string tag team with BONE SOLDIER, wrestling young lions and losing to Tencozy on the undercard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Food Court Druid posted:

Ideally that role goes to Adam Cole, but I think I remember reading he was pegged more for the jr heavy division anyway. I wonder if he decided not to make a huge commitment to NJ and stick more with ROH, hence the bigger investment in Cody by NJ (not to mention the constant talk of him being the next big indy piece to fall to WWE)

• Locked thread