Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
convince everyone you know to smoke as much weed as possible so they get "weed brain" and are less competitive for rival positions in the labor market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pick posted:

convince everyone you know to smoke as much weed as possible so they get "weed brain" and are less competitive for rival positions in the labor market

I've heard they can get brain clouds

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My [20/F] gf of 1 year won't suck my [20/M] balls.[new]

submitted 6 hours ago by foreignerinsuomi

My 20 year old girlfriend of 1 year will not suck my balls, this isn't satire. Is this asking too much? Is it too disgusting to ask? Should I just move on and not try? It just feels good.

I couldn't post in r/sex because I didn't post according tot he rules even though I did and I always have to wait 8 minutes.

tl;dr: She won't suck my balls.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My fiance [30M] wants to quit his job for a lower paying one, i'm not sure if I should leave him

submitted 11 hours ago by throwaway_348173287

So he is currently an engineer and makes good money, he told me he hates his job and is thinking of leaving for teaching. He currently teaches on Saturday for a school for students who need extra support, and he loves it, they have offered him a full time role.

I work as an assistant and would like to be a full time mom one day, and I don't think we can afford to if he works as a teacher. How can I get this across to him without sounding unpleasant?

Should I leave him if he refuses to co-operate?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My [20/F] gf of 1 year won't suck my [20/M] balls.[new]
submitted 6 hours ago by foreignerinsuomi

quote:

My 20 year old girlfriend of 1 year will not suck my balls, this isn't satire. Is this asking too much? Is it too disgusting to ask? Should I just move on and not try? It just feels good.

I couldn't post in r/sex because I didn't post according tot he rules even though I did and I always have to wait 8 minutes.

tl;dr: She won't suck my balls.

Dad Gay, is that you?

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Snitches get stitches

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dude probably doesn't shave his nuts

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ride The Gravitron posted:

"Help, my fiance wants to quit his miserable job and I'm worried that won't let me retire at 25!"

I need to see the comments on this one.

You're doing good work here RtGravitron.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dude probably doesn't shave his nuts

like gargling an unholy combination of silly putty and brillo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Posting this from /r/legaladvice because it's has layers of :wtc:

OP posted:

My grandmother surrendered 54 guinea pigs to a rescue. The rescue is now demanding money for vet bills. [Australia]

Recently we tackled the enormous job of cleaning out about 25-30 cages which contained a total of 54 guinea pigs. These guinea pigs were all in very good health. The cages however were filthy due to my grandmothers worsening arthritis and asthma. All 54 guinea pigs were then surrendered to a specialty rescue run by a woman and her husband as my grandmother is in very poor health and unable to keep up with the cleaning. The woman from the rescue has now been harrassing my grandmother for money. She has sent text messages and emails asking for a payment of $1,456 AUD for the veterinary bills. And again for $650 AUD. She has also opened a money dispute case that my grandmother has to attend. The woman has also entered the property without permission and taken food supplies and wooden cages which she did not have permission to take. I believe that when you surrender an animal to a rescue, that you relinquish all rights to them which also includes vet costs? Thank you for any advice.

OP posted:

We initially offered all the cages and food but the rescue refused them. They returned a week later and took everything while my grandparents were out of the house.

quote:

....Did they have permission to go into the house and take them? Cause that sounds like trespassing and stealing poo poo

OP posted:

No they did not have permission, they cut off the lock to the stable to get to the back where the supplies were.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

I don't know a lot about piggies, but aren't they like most rodents and turn into cannibals when they're stressed and constantly pregnant, how do they even have 50 pigs? Accidentally putting a male in a cage with females is a mistake you should do only once but they had 50 piggies.

50 piggies.

Lonely Virgil fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 19, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pick posted:

seconding that tip

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lonely Virgil posted:

I don't know a lot about piggies, but aren't they like most rodents and turn into cannibals when they're stressed and constantly pregnant, how do they even have 50 pigs? Accidentally putting a male in a cage with females is a mistake you should do only once but they had 50 piggies.

50 piggies.

quote:

Guinea pig hoarder or breeder operation?

OP posted:

Neither, people kept asking her to take in unwanted guinea pigs from people who had accidently bred them. She housed many pregnant pigs also which is where the numbers came from. As she is now 84 she was unable to continue finding homes for them all, so it got out of hand. She was simply unable to say no.

quote:

That falls under the general umbrella of "hoarder".

Like I've heard of crazy cat ladies, but crazy guinea pig ladies are a new one to me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Danaru posted:

Lonely Virgil posted:

50 piggies.

Agreed but I wonder what "but the rescue refused them" means -- like whoever showed up was like "no dont feed them" or more likely but still unlikely the guinie pigs refused food or something third thats even weirder?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Warbadger posted:

Guess who the executives rely on to get poo poo done, talk with constantly, and probably have a solid working relationship with?

I have scuttled a multi-million dollar deal on the strength of "treated my admin poorly". Don't gently caress around.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I have scuttled a multi-million dollar deal on the strength of "treated my admin poorly". Don't gently caress around.

I once killed a man for using the word "scuttled"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tolkien minority posted:

I once killed a man for using the word "scuttled"

Not a naval buff?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Subjunctive posted:

Not a naval buff?

I once was killed for using a number of those words.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
hmmmmmmmmm

quote:

My [23F] long distance girlfriend is freaking out because I [30M] changed my race in a video game and I am partly concerned and partly embarrassed to be posting this...

My long distance gf (we talked for a month and have dated for a month) freaked out today after she found out I changed my race in an MMO to one she hated. She started blowing up my phone about it but mentioned that it's like she "doesn't satisfy me". She mentioned how she changed her gender because she didn't want a lesbian relationship on this game and she decorated my in game housing (with her money and part of it I made for her after i found out she was spending money on it) and all this stuff and I appreciate it but her reaction to my race change was over the top. I confronted her about the satisfaction part but she just shuts me out. This isn't the first time she shuts me out when we've had an argument and I've told her I don't like that behavior and that we told each other we'd communicate problems we had. I've considered breaking up with her because if she acts like this now over a game what'll happen when real issues pop up? At the same time I'm giving her space to reply to my recent message to talk to me partly because she's at a game convention and partly because if I break up with her I want to tell her over the phone and not be that guy. Am I exaggerating my concern?

TL,DR: I changed my race in a game to one my ldr gf hates and now she won't talk to me. I'm partly concerned about her behavior and partly embarrassed to be posting this.

EDIT: I'm 32... makes this post all the more embarrassing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Speaking of dudes who are way too old for this poo poo:

Am I(39M) wrong to think this is against bro code?Non-Romantic
submitted 3 years ago by Cthulus_butthole

quote:

Soooo, some time ago I (39M)had broken up with a girlfriend and decided to try the whole online thing. I found a girl and we hit it off spectacularly. Thanks in part to a co-worker/wizard (43M)that helped guide me through some obstacles. The relationship was only ever online and one day she just stopped. (It seems at this point she may have entered into another relationship.)
Fast forward a little more than a year. I now live with the co worker, we're pretty good friends. He does the online dating thing, and is pretty successful. Seriously, he labeled one of his accounts 'Tall,job,car.' and watched it roll in. Anyway, he comes to me talking about this girl and how funny she is and what should he say, I talk to him about it a little.
He comes back and says 'She asked me when I'm going to ask her out.' I say 'Well, how hot is she?' He comes back with a picture on his phone. It's her. The girl from a year ago. My heart jumps into my throat. I say 'I wasn't in love with her or anything, but that girl was special to me'...
He went out with her last night. Tonight he told me they hit it off and would be seeing more of each other.
My question: I would have been fine never seeing this girl again, I would have been fine marrying her. Co worker knows how I felt and pursued anyway. Douche move or do I need to man up?
TL;DR Either me or my co-worker is a douche, which one?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"Don't be a poo poo to administrative assistants and maintenance staff" or really just don't be a poo poo to anyone who is doing something for you (or just anyone in general) is like the number one thing everyone needs to be taught. This is particularly important to learn for grad students. Nobody in your professional life matters more than your department's administrative assistants, except possibly your department's machinists.

But then the other side of that is that professionalism is doing your job to the best of your ability no matter how you're treated, which is how lovely assholes justify being such to the people they're jerks to.

The upside of that is that anyone with a brain, which hopefully your upper management has, sees straight through the assholes. As a grunt in the trenches, I really like one of the directors I know in my company who is that sort.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 19, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wow there's no "brocode" when youre 40 years old (-1). youre an adult that has to be a person in the world. so options are pretty much go home and wait for people to like you instead of being a huge weirdo poopooman

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it's true, /r/legaladvice also has amazing stories

quote:

How Can I Stop My Roommate's Inappropriate Interactions w/My Child??

hrowaway, roommate knows my Reddit. This is happening in Texas:

I've been living in the same apartment for several years. A month into this year long lease, my old roommate got married and found someone else to take over the remainder of the lease. This was between her and the landlord, I had no input. I have an 11 month old daughter who we will call Patty. Every single time I put Patty down, my current roommate picks her up. Every. Single. Time. It's gotten to the point that I cannot so much as go to the bathroom w/o taking her w/me because he will scoop her right up, asleep or not. At first it was nice to have someone take an interest in my child, as she has no other male role model, but it's gotten to be too much and I'm pretty sure he's trying to convince her that he's her father. I tell him not to touch my daughter ever, but the only way I can prevent him from doing so is by holding her myself. As a side note, his parents come over and also want to hold my daughter, it has become evident to me that they think they're her grandparents and I have no idea how to address that (I haven't had the opportunity yet. They are kind, not creepy like their son, and dote on my daughter). It was my babysitter that clued me in on this, as they came over while my roommate was out of town to check on the baby. My sitter didn't know he wasn't actually the child's father until recently. She thought we were platonically co-parenting our shared offspring.

I'm stuck in a lease w/someone who will not respect boundaries yet isn't doing anything illegal. I have nowhere else that I can go and he isn't doing anything blatantly illegal. What can I do here??

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MissEchelon posted:

congratulations, you can take a nap!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

MissEchelon posted:

Imo kill the roommate

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Inappropriate & child in a same sentence Jr. just tells me who to kill imo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:murder: before that nutjob takes the kid and flees the state

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Don't worry, she thought about calling the cops but figured it might not work because he'd just tell them he's the kid's dad.

No red flags here

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

MissEchelon posted:

Don't worry, she thought about calling the cops but figured it might not work because he'd just tell them he's the kid's dad.

No red flags here

:stonk::stonk::stonk:

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

MissEchelon posted:

No red flags here

:staredog:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

Speaking of dudes who are way too old for this poo poo:

submitted 3 years ago by Cthulus_butthole[
quote]
Soooo, some time ago I (39M)had broken up with a girlfriend and decided to try the whole online thing. I found a girl and we hit it off spectacularly. Thanks in part to a co-worker/wizard (43M)that helped guide me through some obstacles. The relationship was only ever online and one day she just stopped. (It seems at this point she may have entered into another relationship.)
Fast forward a little more than a year. I now live with the co worker, we're pretty good friends. He does the online dating thing, and is pretty successful. Seriously, he labeled one of his accounts 'Tall,job,car.' and watched it roll in. Anyway, he comes to me talking about this girl and how funny she is and what should he say, I talk to him about it a little.
He comes back and says 'She asked me when I'm going to ask her out.' I say 'Well, how hot is she?' He comes back with a picture on his phone. It's her. The girl from a year ago. My heart jumps into my throat. I say 'I wasn't in love with her or anything, but that girl was special to me'...
He went out with her last night. Tonight he told me they hit it off and would be seeing more of each other.
My question: I would have been fine never seeing this girl again, I would have been fine marrying her. Co worker knows how I felt and pursued anyway. Douche move or do I need to man up?
TL;DR Either me or my co-worker is a douche, which one?

lol i didn't actually date a girl for x amount of time (but i would have married her) is it breaking code for my friend to see this girl i didn't date?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
"If you touch my baby again, I'll cut all your fingers off"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

quote:

Forced to sign blank page...

This past Thursday, as some of you may know, was "A day with out immigrants" in which a lot of immigrants didn't show up to work in protest of Trumps Immigration executive orders. Well my aunt's work got wind of the strike as many of their workers are immigrants or supporters. They said it was up to the workers if they wanted to strike but they wouldn't help if immigration got to them as some may or may not be illegal immigrants. My aunt is not but wanted to support the cause. So she didn't go to work. Now the management and we assume the owner of the establishment, is calling all those who didn't show up to work to report into the office. They are basically forcing them to be fired or sign a blank page that they, we assume, fill in later. What is the legality of this, my aunt is expecting someone to call her in the next few days but three people apart from her to sign. Some of them don't understand English and probably had no proper translator to let them know what they were signing. Additionally some don't know of their rights and may have been lied to to sign. I will provide additional information as requested. Any advice you can give is welcome! Thank you all so much!

Edit: this is in Indiana.

quote:

No one can force you to sign anything. On the other hand, unless you have an employment contract, are a member of a union, a member of a protected class, government employee or live in the state of Montana, you can generally be fired for any reason.

quote:

They aren't forcing her to sign anything. She can not sign, and file for unemployment and look for a new job if fired.

:capitalism:

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

This is second life, isn't it? Has to be. Has to be.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Antivehicular posted:

submitted 3 years ago by Cthulus_butthole

I would have been fine never seeing this girl again, I would have been fine marrying her.

Quite the relationship there.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

quote:

I [21F] want a boyfriend but it seems like I can only attract girls, what the heck do I even do?Dating
submitted 4 hours ago by givemeabfalready
I don't know what is wrong with me. I don't have anything against homosexuals but I'm straight. I can only see myself being in a relationship with guys. Yet guys for some odd reason never seem interested in me. I have a bunch of guy friends who have all said that a ton of guys have crushes on me yet nobody approaches me. I've tried to go up to guys and talk to them and flirt with them. It just NEVER works out. I don't know if I'm coming off too strong or what.
Yet girls come on to me regularly. I have girls come up and flirt with me every now and then. I've made two female friends who ended up getting a crush on me, both of them were even straight and one had a long distance boyfriend who was willing to break up with him for me.
This really just frustrates me beyond belief. I haven't even slept with a guy yet and I'd be lying if I said I'm not getting desperate. Yet I've been able to sleep with 5 women at my university so far who have all wanted to be in a relationship with me (I purely did it for the sex, no romance involved on my part).
I don't know if I'm giving off some sort of lesbian vibe or if I'm doing something to turn off guys. I really do care a lot about my appearance, I work out every day, eat healthy, I take care of myself and stay in shape and I dress well. Sometimes if I know a class has many guys I'll try to dress even a little provocatively to try and get guy's attention. I can definitely see a lot of them look at me or even smile at me but NEVER approach me. And even when I try to talk to guys I find cute, they just seem not interested.
TL;DR: I want a boyfriend badly, yet I'm constantly being hit on by girls and never guys. I want it reversed.

Hmmmmmm..

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I sleep with a ton of girls but I'm straight as hell

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Troposphere posted:

I sleep with a ton of girls but I'm straight as hell

Me too

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

#nohomo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
She wants a romantic relationship with a dude, she knows a bunch of dudes who are interested in her, yet she seeks out strangers for male companionship (and has struck out so far). Sleeping with women might be keeping some of her guy friends from approaching her because they think she's homosexual, rather than apparently bisexual, maybe.

It's perfectly plausible that she's fine with booty calls from women and only interested in heterosexual relationships, but she seems to be making some poor moves at getting the whole "male romance" thing started.

Oh, to be young and dumb(er) again.