Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

don't grind for the red demon text, 99% of revenants wear it

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm really curious to see what speed runs of this game look like, I'm expecting a lot of katana and spears. Probably kusaragami too.

lot of fists from what i've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Like that bonus though. I'll refashion into something cooler. I think it looks dumb

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

When you transform into people, do you sound like them too?

Yup. Only downside is that it doesn't apply to cutscenes.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

At the end of the third region I've died about 430 times

Guw fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 19, 2017

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We get it, you're amazing at this game and the rest of the world are lowly subhuman plebs compared to your brilliance

Yes this is true. Also just swap to a new weapon type and do random encounters if you want to practice.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Here I am still grinding away god drat. That blacksmith drop is tough to get

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Kurtofan posted:

first boss found

Balls

If you're talking about Onryoki, that fucker beat the crap out of me for two days. It's embarrassing.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

That's the bat lady right? Yeah she was no bullshit. God drat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yuki-Onna is currently beating Bat Lady and Dumb Centipede for boss that makes me really mad.

I can't figure out how to dodge or block that 5 part 3 way blast icicle thing she does. I got everything else down more or less except that bs charge she does

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Ugh she did suck. Stack fire, slow her ki gain and sloth. I also used all the explosives I had up until that point.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

verbal enema posted:

Yuki-Onna is currently beating Bat Lady and Dumb Centipede for boss that makes me really mad.

I can't figure out how to dodge or block that 5 part 3 way blast icicle thing she does. I got everything else down more or less except that bs charge she does

Always block her icicle crap. Hope you have enough Ki to block all 5 hits because she always follows up with her knife charge.

The charge is really tricky, but you can see her swap weapons before she lunges at you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Always block her icicle crap. Hope you have enough Ki to block all 5 hits because she always follows up with her knife charge.

The charge is really tricky, but you can see her swap weapons before she lunges at you.

I do not have enough to block all 5 poo poo.

Kaidhdjxudhfkgofodn I hate this ice level
Wait I can block the direct ones where it's just 5 being tossed at you I'm having trouble when she decides to shoot 3 at you 5 times

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Better toughness armor my nigga. I was a ninja getting my rear end beat all day and went samurai with 25 stamina

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I think my stat build has something to do with it a little bit

12bod
26heart
Something
Something
13 STR
13 skill
13stamina?
Something
15spirit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

verbal enema posted:

I do not have enough to block all 5 poo poo.

Kaidhdjxudhfkgofodn I hate this ice level
Wait I can block the direct ones where it's just 5 being tossed at you I'm having trouble when she decides to shoot 3 at you 5 times

Yea I just blocked everything including the 3x5 one. I tried to dodge it a few times when I was learning her but it seemed to track and the next 3 shots would come out too quickly before I could get another dodge off.

Swapping to another guardian that gives you more ki could help idk. Kato is always a good choice for that. And if you have any gear with toughness, slap some on for this fight so you block is better.

verbal enema posted:

I think my stat build has something to do with it a little bit

12bod
26heart
Something
Something
13 STR
13 skill
13stamina?
Something
15spirit

Heart governs ki and I have 10 so already you are ahead of me in that area. Try changing some gear around to get toughness.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Now that I'm in NG+, is there a recommended path or thing to focus on? I've been chaining revenants on the last mission of NG.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Day 13 still trying to get red demon blacksmith text no hope pls send help

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Emron posted:

Now that I'm in NG+, is there a recommended path or thing to focus on? I've been chaining revenants on the last mission of NG.

Fight revenants in ng+ that have divine gear. Enjoy your all your Red Demon armor :eng99:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Does red demon even look cool

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If you are far enough away, you can dodge and run sideways when she shoots the ice.

I have been wanting to try if blinding her prevents her from aiming them.

So what's the economy for greens like? Like, I have a +2. I need another +2 to get a +3? So do I have to find another +two +1s as drops before I can get a other +2? Do higher than +1s ever drop?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

verbal enema posted:

Does red demon even look cool

Not really but the bonus are sweet

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I got an armor set that has a bunch of % speed bonuses on it and when I tried to switch to something else it felt like I was running through molasses and I hated it. I think I've ruined the game for myself.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Inadvertantly sold my primary weapon for Amrita, then beat Onryoki using my backup, an axe. Probably helped me since it slowed me down and made me be more patient.

Definitely had that Souls experience of being out of healing items and beating a boss while one hit away from death, though :toot:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Use the lock feature. It's invaluable.

Edit: also, don't offer things unless you have 90% of what you need to level up and you're just closing that gap. Disassemble them instead.

Edit 2: the amount that ochokos affect drop rate seems.to vary by mission. On Wreathed in Flame, they are .2% each, but in Invitation From the Warrior of the West they are .4% each.

Snak fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 19, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

People know there's light armor that isn't Red Demon, right? I'm halfway through NG+ and most revenants still wear at least two pieces of it. Even some axe-wielders. I don't loving get it. They're not even using spears or Enko.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Snak posted:

Use the lock feature. It's invaluable.

Edit: also, don't offer things unless you have 90% of what you need to level up and you're just closing that gap. Disassemble them instead.

I've been just offering stuff up just to clear out my item list and hope to get elixers in return.

Is there a way to spend gold for elixers? I chose the blessing that upped my chances of having them drop already.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I mean where are they supposed to get other light armor, divine drops are super rare even with 10 cups and most people probably aren't grinding out smithing texts. People use red demon because it's a set with a lot of good bonuses and it's easy to get. I killed hundreds and hundreds of revenants before I found all the parts of otani's set

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-0zc__4Pm0

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

People know there's light armor that isn't Red Demon, right? I'm halfway through NG+ and most revenants still wear at least two pieces of it. Even some axe-wielders. I don't loving get it. They're not even using spears or Enko.

What this game needed was a way to differentiate between light, medium, and heavy armor on bloody graves so you knew what you were getting into, since weapon type doesn't predict it as well as you'd think (as you said, Axe wielders wearing light armor for some reason). I too have entered Red Demon land and I've given up on fighting revenants for new loot.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Man, way of the strong teaches me that I never really learned how to fight Muneshige.

Soul Glo posted:

I've been just offering stuff up just to clear out my item list and hope to get elixers in return.

Is there a way to spend gold for elixers? I chose the blessing that upped my chances of having them drop already.

It's not like you can run out of elixers... This isn't Bloodborne.

You should disassemble stuff for crafting mats. If you lock gear you want to keep, you can select all without worrying.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

You can't buy Elixirs for gold. The lore is that kodama make them, so you can't get them in shops. You do get some base Elixirs every time you pray at a shrine, though, depending on how many kodama you've found in a region, so you can never truly run out.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Man I cannot for the life of me figure out where the final hot spring is. I swear I've been over every inch of every map.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
As much as I dislike those gooby getting lost bastards they really hook you up

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
"it's not a grind" said the person who got an orochi scale on their normal or hard mode kill

gently caress you

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I really hate this bat lady

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

I really hate this bat lady

I'm about to fight her on ng+. Yeah. Concur.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The Umibozu fight is atrociously designed, holy poo poo.

Either you go in there with a very specific loadout or you're in for a miserable time, even if you light all the torches.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

She does suck because you don't have a great means of doing a lot of DPS and she will health leech you setting you the gently caress back

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Why is salt broken? I don't get it. It worked fine during all of the demos. It does nothing now. No effect at all.

Edit: Umi-bozu is not that bad. Bring fire. Falling off is the biggest danger, once you learn the tells.

Snak fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I found Umi-bozu pretty easy and I wasn't even using the fire guardian, just a few fire amulets or whatever they are called. The tells in phase 1 are super obvious, and phase 2 you can burn him fast enough it barely matters.

The bat chick was way harder, I had more luck doing it in low stance and only going for a couple hits before I'd dodge out.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 19, 2017