Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Oh hey, that might be why Zozz survived getting his head chopped off, he's got immortality nails in his skull just like Jagganoth does.

e: Well you know, that and being Royalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zoss didn't survive, he just didn't see any reason that being dead should stop him.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Maybe a portion of him is in the key, and the same for Mottom's late husband.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Referring to:
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-4-29/

stone cold posted:

i hope that lady in the back is just sleeping :ohdear:

Thats the royal Consort (totally not a prositute) from the meeting on page
KSBD 4-73 to 4-74 (Concordance of the Demiurges)

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/concordance-of-the-demiurges/

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i just want to know what sort of deal with what sort of devil you need to do to turn into a sphinx

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Avshalom posted:

i just want to know what sort of deal with what sort of devil you need to do to turn into a sphinx

I remember reading somewhere that he's somehow possessing a servant or something. He's apparently something of a freak about mortals and flesh.

Edit: Assuming you're talking about the giant sphinx-devil and not something else. I may have misread.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Avshalom posted:

:same:

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Zoss didn't survive, he just didn't see any reason that being dead should stop him.

'Little' things like that show the true gulf between true Royalty like Zoss, and the Demiurges. For Zoss, death is no longer a relevant concept. He is beyond.

I wonder what his purpose is in all this.

I seriously want a hardcover trade, my paperback is getting ragged. Operant! Come to an Oz Comicon so I can get this signed :D

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Didn't Operant basically say to whoever first suggested the "why should being killed mean I die" thing that they were several steps further along the path to Royalty than the Demiurges?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Didn't Operant basically say to whoever first suggested the "why should being killed mean I die" thing that they were several steps further along the path to Royalty than the Demiurges?

I imagine that has a lot to do with how "I", that is to say the self, is a delusion.

YISUN posted:

“For there is no form or substance that does not have its roots in the TOWER, which is under assault from the EGO, that terrible enemy called I.”

"Destroy the grand enemy called ‘I’."

In other words Max Stirner would never achieve Royalty.

He'd make for a fantastic demiurge, though.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The demiurges Stirner and Comte eradicated each other in one of the most heated battles in the Second Conquest.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Here's your daily reminder that Freddy Ni was an actual character in KSBD's prior incarnation.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

I imagine that has a lot to do with how "I", that is to say the self, is a delusion.

In other words Max Stirner would never achieve Royalty.

He'd make for a fantastic demiurge, though.

Royalty and CHIM have the same concept here- the important thing is to hold these two contradictory truths in your head at the same time:

1. "I" don't exist- I am merely a dream of the godhead, an opinion.
2. I exist and it's my goddamn dream and my goddamn opinion.

Zoss is far enough along that path that death isn't enough to cancel out truth 2. He exists because he damned well says he exists, "cause" and "effect" be hosed.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

Here's your daily reminder that Freddy Ni was an actual character in KSBD's prior incarnation.

does that still exist in a readable form somewhere?

if I remember right it was a CYOAG.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i want this comic to update several times per day

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Avshalom posted:

i want this comic to update several times per day

https://www.patreon.com/killsixbilliondemons

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah should anyway except no that didn't actually work that way.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I don't think it would be physically possible for him to do that even if he worked 80 hours a week. He'd have to like, hire other artists. Which defeats half the point.

Also reminder that if you're not kicking him money on Patreon you're hella missing out because god drat that page preview :stare:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Reene posted:

I don't think it would be physically possible for him to do that even if he worked 80 hours a week. He'd have to like, hire other artists. Which defeats half the point.

Also reminder that if you're not kicking him money on Patreon you're hella missing out because god drat that page preview :stare:

You tease.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So when the newspost says "the next official update day will be Tuesday (10/21)" I assume Oliphant's not talking about the 21st of October, 2025, or what

I mean I could be wrong

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ThaumPenguin posted:

So when the newspost says "the next official update day will be Tuesday (10/21)" I assume Oliphant's not talking about the 21st of October, 2025, or what

I mean I could be wrong

The newspost is from around October 2016.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I didn't know K6BD was drawn by the most influential editorial cartoonist now working.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

havenwaters posted:

The newspost is from around October 2016.

Oh.

Well that clears things up, I think.

Thanks.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

I didn't know K6BD was drawn by the most influential editorial cartoonist now working.

OPERANT

poo poo

I should go to bed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That still only counts as one!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

ThaumPenguin posted:

I mean I could be wrong

The current newspost says 2/21 though?

He tends to post them late PST, especially when they're knucklebusters.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Reene posted:

The current newspost says 2/21 though?

He tends to post them late PST, especially when they're knucklebusters.

He just changed it.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/834244728149286912

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

w e l p

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Eh, still shorter than an Achewood hiatus.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Well given what Hussie put us through vOv

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

October 2025, that's the next time October 21st is on a tuesday :v:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Kill Six Billion Deadlines

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i like this scene because as far as allison's new friends are concerned they could leave her unsupervised just this once because she's crippled and near dead and can't do anything, but sadly in the five drat seconds they took their eyes off her she managed to sell her soul to gay satan and is now shooting fireballs

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yeah, thats the good stuff

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Welcome to space Hong Kong.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Hey, Allison's sharing a roof with a non-Layla gunwitch!

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Was about to be excited that Layla wasn't hella dead. Gonna have to live with Layla being hella dead.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, thats the good stuff

aw yuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

PMush Perfect posted:

http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/154427882790/the-more-i-think-about-zoss-death-the-more-i

quote:

Q
The more I think about Zoss' death, the more I think the demiurges are coming at the problem of mortality from the wrong angle. They avoid death through agelessness or immunity to physical harm - but why bother? If you mean to be sovereign from the laws of gods and men, then why accept causality at all? Everyone dies eventually; just get it over with, and put off the consequences until you're ready for them. Just because you've been killed doesn't mean you have to be dead.
A
Seems like you’ve taken a few steps up the Sevenfold path to Royalty there, anon.