Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I've heard it is one of the best reasons to own a bluray player. I can't speak for that tho. All I can say is that it is simultaneously a very good and faithful adaptation that is true to its source material while also doing some pretty great stuff with its source material to change it up in interesting ways. It is a very sincere movie.

it got laughed out of theaters but i heard in the time since its gathered a big cult following as a good film. i haven't seen it but one day i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie but I can't remember anything about it other than some of the ending. I know Kite knows what movie I'm talking about because I asked him once before and he knew what movie but he doesn't remember now and he suggested I ask in here.

All I remember is that the movie ended with a family driving away in separate cars, all 5 of them, and I think it might have been an action movie or comedy movie, pretty sure not a horror movie. I think they won the cars or something, and they maybe went through a red tunnel earlier in the movie but I don't know when.

Any ideas?

Vegas Vacation?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

I've heard it is one of the best reasons to own a bluray player. I can't speak for that tho. All I can say is that it is simultaneously a very good and faithful adaptation that is true to its source material while also doing some pretty great stuff with its source material to change it up in interesting ways. It is a very sincere movie.

im_an_accelerationist.gif

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Someone a few pages back mentioned a podcast called VGMpire and I want to say thanks whoever you are because this podcast is pretty cool

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/YourFriendWario/status/833087450436206592

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Vegas Vacation?

Yup, that's it! Thanks! :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Yup, that's it! Thanks! :)

I didn't even know there was a Vegas Vacation movie.

I've never even heard of it until just now and the only national lampoon film I've seen was family vacation and even that was only bits and pieces, so idk who you were thinking of

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'm the little girl with 80s hair apparently hanging out in an arcade with my hot mom

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How much are Xbones these days? Been thinking about getting one as a devoted Rare Replay machine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

How much are Xbones these days? Been thinking about getting one as a devoted Rare Replay machine.

A couple of days ago they broke the $200 barrier.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Aphrodite posted:

A couple of days ago they broke the $200 barrier.
Yeah the 500gb one with Minecraft is 200 on Newegg.

Technically under 200 but whatever you get the idea

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Just get some fool's used one for $100

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Those screenshots on the right would sell me on this in a second. It shows off two different perspectives, an elevator sequence that breaks up the "move right and shoot enemies coming from the left", a variety of movement paths and some Geiger-style organic horror. Compared to some of the bare-bones arcade games from the 90s, I'd be psyched to see this was coming somewhere close to me.

Of course, it's hot garbage compared to the arcade game Alien vs Predator.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I never got around to seeing it. Maybe one of these days.

better buckle up because *camera zooms in as i turn toward it* you're in for one wild ride

But yeah it is way more enjoyable than I would have ever expected it to be. Redline is still king racing movie tho

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/dril/status/833158389123407874

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
And they'll all shake their heads in disbelief at what a primitive and backwards culture we were.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
But... The carrying handle... :(

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

But... The carrying handle... :(

The original World War Z book mentions "Gamecubes" specifically when talking about poo poo people brought with them when they tried to flee America to Canada. poo poo they didn't need.

And it's like y'know, given how sturdy their consoles and handhelds used to be that Cube might have saved someones life.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I finished Tales of Berseria today with 62 hours played and it's the best RPG I've played for a long, long time and easily top five ever.

I'm at like 80 hours and now getting bodied at the end because I'm dumb and play on the hardest difficulty level.

In true anime form it's time for a training montage.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The original World War Z book mentions "Gamecubes" specifically when talking about poo poo people brought with them when they tried to flee America to Canada. poo poo they didn't need.

And it's like y'know, given how sturdy their consoles and handhelds used to be that Cube might have saved someones life.

Yeah it really is an effective bludgeon if need be.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

What a loving moron

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PantsBandit posted:

I played Stardew valley until 6 am please send help.

In Training posted:

19 hours in the last two days here. And the night is just beginning.

I am pretty sure I warned everyone about this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I'm at like 80 hours and now getting bodied at the end because I'm dumb and play on the hardest difficulty level.

In true anime form it's time for a training montage.

tales games seem to alwasy let you get all the way to the very end no problem before putting up a fight. they should work on a smoother difficulty curve

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just beat Yakuza 0

holy poo poo. the story is excellent. a bit convoluted towards the end with people doing the opposite of what they want in like 11th dimensional chess to actually get what the want but otherwise flawless. the fighting gameplay is not stellar. i think i died like 2 times in 50 hours just spamming moves. Majima is way more fun than kiryu. Hope Kiwami and 6 improve on it.

anyway play this game. its loving great and had me so hooked to find out what happened next that i played it obsessively from like chapters 10-17.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

tales games seem to alwasy let you get all the way to the very end no problem before putting up a fight. they should work on a smoother difficulty curve

It would probably have helped if they hadn't locked the final difficulty level behind a gimmick fight 60 hours in for me. I was mopping up everything before that.

Also Zestiria's terrible gimmick final boss where I just set it to the lowest difficulty to get it over with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least the final boss in Berseria is just a straight up fight with no dumb gimmick. Other than killing me all the time.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

So I've been trying out System Shock 1 and...this game is a joy to look at? It's all bright and poppy with fun level design, and I just really, really like it....and, well, this killed my interest in the remake. I checked out the demo of that, and it's all dark and gloomy and just lacks this great aesthetic.

And I mean, the original still has dark areas, but it's just...fun to look at?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

So I've been trying out System Shock 1 and...this game is a joy to look at? It's all bright and poppy with fun level design, and I just really, really like it....and, well, this killed my interest in the remake. I checked out the demo of that, and it's all dark and gloomy and just lacks this great aesthetic.

And I mean, the original still has dark areas, but it's just...fun to look at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRSpyNK7JL0

I dunno, it still looks pretty colorful and stuff. Lights are way brighter tho

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRSpyNK7JL0

I dunno, it still looks pretty colorful and stuff. Lights are way brighter tho

Oh hey, I hadn't seen that! ... It looks better than I remembered off of the demo, and...huh.

I still think there's something inherently more charming about the less realistic graphics, but that's more personal taste at play.

.... So now I'm interested in the remake. Thanks! :cheers:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
somebody help me understand why mr. driller: drill land for the nintendo gamecube ends with a gospel song about getting married and having a happy life together while drinking wine and reminiscing on the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDR9U3SOF4

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Colonel posted:

somebody help me understand why mr. driller: drill land for the nintendo gamecube ends with a gospel song about getting married and having a happy life together while drinking wine and reminiscing on the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDR9U3SOF4
It was developed by Namco and came out only a couple of years before Katamari Damacy. Draw your own conclusions

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mr. Driller owns
Knowing that he is Dig Dug's son is one of my proudest bits of knowledge.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

raditts posted:

Mr. Driller owns
Knowing that he is Dig Dug's son is one of my proudest bits of knowledge.

Dig Dug has a really depressing character arc where he gets divorced and overshadowed by his son and it's loving hilarious

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mr. driller's mom is canonically a badass space war hero and the protagonist of alien sector

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Gamecube was great, smh at this moron.

If you want to see failed consoles look no further than Sega's lineup.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone gotten a refund on a Steam game when they used PayPal? I did it for the first time recently and it's been sat in my PP account as 'pending' for like four days now and I dunno if that's normal.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sega systems will not be failed so long as the dreamcast gave us bangai-o

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Colonel posted:

mr. driller's mom is canonically a badass space war hero and the protagonist of alien sector

I never knew this. I knew that her name was Toby "Kissy" Masuyo though, which owns.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXznypMgrkA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Dig Dug has a really depressing character arc where he gets divorced and overshadowed by his son and it's loving hilarious

lmao, seriously? I need a link or something to this.

• Locked thread