Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."

Snatch Duster posted:

Uh night is the loving best. If your server doesn't have night at equal lengths as days then lol just lol

OK, but am I understanding the direction of movement of the settings for each effect? Which makes each longer? Larger or smaller numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

Spanish Matlock posted:

We had a good local server, but they mysteriously shut down after the last patch, which kind of sucks, because even if we move servers there's no guarantee that they won't just vanish again.

After starting characters on half a dozen servers and seldom able to find one two days in a row that's when I decided to start my own.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Titus Vespasian posted:

After starting characters on half a dozen servers and seldom able to find one two days in a row that's when I decided to start my own.

You could join us on 178 official, which is the best server. Where the night is twice as long as the day.

It's loving Pitch Black up in this bitch.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

You could join us on 178 official, which is the best server.

Everyone should do this imo. Save your 30$ to GameServers that you know will be dead in a few weeks and come play with the BMW Hellspergs

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Is there any way to mess with the frequency of sandstorms? I'd like to to look crazy out there quite often.

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

I thought my tamed Darfari armorer 0 1 could be placed at my armor bench but it says he can't be placed?

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

Taylor Swift posted:

Everyone should do this imo. Save your 30$ to GameServers that you know will be dead in a few weeks and come play with the BMW Hellspergs

I'm a pve weinie.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Titus Vespasian posted:

I'm a pve weinie.

That's ok, we need base bitchescaretakers

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Titus Vespasian posted:

I thought my tamed Darfari armorer 0 1 could be placed at my armor bench but it says he can't be placed?

You have to put him in the bench. There's a spot for thralls

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Titus Vespasian posted:

I'm a pve weinie.

I've a small mostly PvE server that I play with a few friends if you're interested.

Alunan
May 27, 2008

lilspooky posted:

So I guess all the goons moved to official servers? Something Dongful is actually Something Desolate. :(

If you aren't up for an official server join us here:

GSF [PVP] Public Miami - Mittani's Wasteland
85.190.159.123:32000

We have about 15 active players, mainly SA and Penny Arcade people. A few pubbies have wandered in, refugees from the server roulette going on out there. No 'server nazi' rules or anything but the vanilla settings. Three of four active clans and the rest are loners. No clutter or litter or lag. It is North American based though.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Was looking to do this but the server browser shows essentially nothing. Then I noticed the "show invalid servers" checkbox and stuff pops up that I can't join. I guess my game is updated past the servers at this point?
If and when I do get in what's the best way to meet up with you folks?

Alunan posted:

We have about 15 active players, mainly SA and Penny Arcade people. A few pubbies have wandered in, refugees from the server roulette going on out there. No 'server nazi' rules or anything but the vanilla settings. Three of four active clans and the rest are loners. No clutter or litter or lag. It is North American based though.

Thanks man, I'll give this a shot if the other doesn't work out, but only 15 people is kinda small dontcha think?

Alunan
May 27, 2008

lilspooky posted:

Was looking to do this but the server browser shows essentially nothing. Then I noticed the "show invalid servers" checkbox and stuff pops up that I can't join. I guess my game is updated past the servers at this point?

Thanks man, I'll give this a shot if the other doesn't work out, but only 15 people is kinda small dontcha think?

It just started two days ago. I think 15 regular players is pretty good for a 2-3 days old server.

It had a 50 player cap if that's what you mean...

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

Yeah and you'd have to play with EVE goons so it's pretty much a lose/lose

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
EU is updated for today's mini-patch.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

Yeah and you'd have to play with EVE goons so it's pretty much a lose/lose

I briefly was an EVE Goon. :(

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

I briefly was an EVE Goon. :(

Not relapsing is an important step to complete recovery.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Full blown hopeless EVE goon addict here, and am really interested in this game. Am I generally restricted to the EU server due to lag/poo poo internet, or are the EU servers/EU goons numbers populated enough so it doesn't matter?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Well unfortunately server 178 is always full and my ping is at best 90 and usually around 120 so I'll check out the Miami Goon Crew. I used to live in the 305 so I should be able to mix well with them. :D

Edit: Aaaand that server can't even be found. FML.

Double Edit: Found it! Yay! :)

lilspooky fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 19, 2017

Alunan
May 27, 2008

Taylor Swift posted:

Not relapsing is an important step to complete recovery.

Oh boy.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Ok so the Miami server is a bust. Only like 3 people online and the 1x gather / xp rate is pretty atrocious and glacial. My search continues.....

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

lilspooky posted:

Ok so the Miami server is a bust. Only like 3 people online and the 1x gather / xp rate is pretty atrocious and glacial. My search continues.....

Don't use the ingame browser. Use the steam server browser.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lilspooky posted:

Play on 178 you freaking cuck

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

gathering is supposed to be glacial so that scrubs can't just come and bonk a rock and then you're dealing with a loving rear end in a top hat of a fortress. How else are you going to raid but when they are in the middle of gathering supplies to build? Thats when you deep dick someone

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
EU - Riddle of Steel - PvP, changed the daily reboot from 6pm (GMT+1) to 3pm.

I'm really not sure what the ideal time for the daily reboot is. If it's too early then all your wheels of pain will stop until you get home and start them again, thereby wasting lots of hours. And having a reboot at 6pm, is also less than ideal on weekends since it disrupts your gaming sessions.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008

Taylor Swift posted:

Im on there now too. Where is everyone located?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

zombieswithblenders posted:

Im on there now too. Where is everyone located?

Check the 178 channel in our Discord.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Just got this game immediately got eaten by imps and alligators gently caress yeah.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Got a pretty hot base set up today, but thanks to the clan ownership glitch we can't place any further things into our base until the server resets, which will happen... sometime? loving Asian offical servers can't come fast enough.

Alunan
May 27, 2008

lilspooky posted:

Ah I had forgotten how ADD this community was. Thanks for reminding me.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I built up some meaningless poo poo by the big lake that you start by. Gonna build my outhouse and bed then trek to the goon promised land. Is there groups or anything or a clan I can get invited into?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Alunan posted:

The GSF server "Mittani's Wasteland" is vanilla. We don't want 1000s of abandoned bases and scrubs. Work for your base damnit. We are three days old, and we already have had 6 pubbie refugees join from other servers with like 5x that are just ridiculous. It should be a wasteland where you have to scratch and hoard to survive, not an iron city every 20 feet.

Alunan posted:

Okay

so

if your low-pop server is vanilla everything

why would anyone join it over an official?

:jerry:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

vandalism posted:

I built up some meaningless poo poo by the big lake that you start by. Gonna build my outhouse and bed then trek to the goon promised land. Is there groups or anything or a clan I can get invited into?

discord.fuckgoons.com

Jackard posted:

Okay

so

EVEgoons.txt

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Jackard posted:

Nudity is turned off also.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Myself and two of my friends started on an unofficial server with basically no ping.
It's only around 20 people but we all started building around each other and made a nice little community.

Our main base it up on this hidden plateau where we made a massive plaza and surrounded it with personal houses and kiosks.

The lower level is a maze that only we know how to get through quickly. Lots of dead ends and closets full of thrall fighters.

Alunan
May 27, 2008

Jackard posted:

Okay

so

Because A) it really isn't that low pop, he joined it at a moment only 3 or 4 people happened to be on. B) Having an admin who can do a 5 minute rollback or reassign in the game.db file if you accidently leave your clan and cant reclaim your base, or have a character-ending glitch some other way, is nice. C) Less lag and pubbies (though some pubbies) who spam huts every 10 feet. D) Sever gives you a heads up before patch so you don't die to an imp horde.

SERPUS posted:

Nudity is turned off also.

It isn't....

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Lmfao this game is going full-steam-retard ahead with region locking. Everyone on earth only ever plays online games with people in their own country. Yep.

Can't wait to see what other dumbfuck decisions they make. Hmm, bots can be a real problem in games like this; they need to add a captcha pop-up every few minutes.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

Play on 178 you freaking cuck

Ping is around 120-150, no thanks.

Alunan posted:

Np broski! :)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Alunan posted:

I mean honestly at 1.0 gathering and 1.0 exp I can't suggest anyone play on the swarm server. May as well play on an official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Alunan posted:

Because A) it really isn't that low pop, he joined it at a moment only 3 or 4 people happened to be on.
"Twenties and under" is low-pop for survival games. I'll grant you B through D, but those can be done better on a non-vanilla server. D doesn't even exist on 'no-sleeper' servers!

Frankly, your server combines all the drawbacks of officials (poo poo settings, poo poo support) and unofficials (poo poo pop) into one poo poo package.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 19, 2017

• Locked thread