Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

The Camilla HP hit is probably bad for her survivability? Ogma got rolled +atk -res, which looks hilarious to me since he can't handle magic anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So apparently there is a speech at the base whenever a 5* gets to lv 40. I'm not sure if this happens with lower ranked units, but Sheena's is pretty cute.
I think Roy wants to be more than friends.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I think Roy wants to be more than friends.

That seems like most of them so far tbh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hell yeah

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Anna's at least seems to be more along the lines of "you may not have looked like I was expecting, but you've proven yourself to be worthy of respect".

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sharena is the polar opposite of this:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wow, someone's not getting 5 stars!!

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I'm currently ranked 48,000 with the all-magic 5* Child Tiki, 5* Linde, 4* Merric, 4*Nowi (still at level 38). I assume I'll drop down to the lowest rung tonight, but it's cool that I got on the board.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Has been a good weekend for characters. Picked up Julia, 5 Azura, 4 Cordelia, 5 Jakob in two rolls

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

Sharena is the polar opposite of this:

Japanese people don't get friendzoned by her.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

sassassin posted:

Japanese people don't get friendzoned by her.

treehouse friendzone'd me again

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Philip Rivers posted:

Nobody that thin has breasts that big unless they got a breast aug. Body fat doesn't work that way.

Maybe they're just foreshadowing the plot twist where Lyn has breast cancer.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Nobody that thin has breasts that big unless they got a breast aug. Body fat doesn't work that way.

Anime. Your argument is invalid.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Anime. Your argument is invalid.

Still rocking that signature I see

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
it makes him so interesting and quirky.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Clarste posted:

Okay, same. Works like you'd expect.

Ranks aren't based on defense at all? Wow cool

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So are there any story missions with level 35 armored units? Trying to finish this mission for the orbs before time runs out and it's turning impossible. Every time I get a tower stage with one it inevitable gets stopped by some solid bullshit like a guy that inexplicably gets two turns in a row, or a lucina that does like 50+ damage and doubles every unit I have, even the green ones.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So are there any story missions with level 35 armored units? Trying to finish this mission for the orbs before time runs out and it's turning impossible. Every time I get a tower stage with one it inevitable gets stopped by some solid bullshit like a guy that inexplicably gets two turns in a row, or a lucina that does like 50+ damage and doubles every unit I have, even the green ones.

Lunatic world of Blazing. Hector's an armored unit, and he turns up over level 35 in... two nobles, I think. Should work.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Lunatic world of Blazing. Hector's an armored unit, and he turns up over level 35 in... two nobles, I think. Should work.

Thanks. Story maps are easy even if the stamina costs are crazy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Hector is in practically every Advanced arena comp too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Clarste posted:

Hector is in practically every high level arena comp too.

Yeah I was hoping to get some this morning but nope, not a single hector. No takumis either, oddly enough. Just Abels for days. It was a weird arena run.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hector isn't actually very good for arena Defense teams

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Having a high stat arena team is nice cause it is always trying to match you with higher stat teams in Advanced, which usually means teams with 1-2 Hectors. Free wins.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I fought an Arena team that was dual Tiki/Takumi/Tiki/Takumi

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

So I have 3 3* Robins: one is +HP/-Res, one is neutral, and one is +Spd/-Atk. Which one would be best to raise up?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I stick Hector into my team with two blues just on the off chance they mess up and are left with their blues against him. I get my 250+ Defense wins, that's enough for me.

I do need a better blue on my defense team though. I'm running Robin/Subaki since the AI isn't terrible at using Swap. Peri's almost 40 so maybe I'll swap her in over Subaki, she really can't take a hit but she might kill a lord or manakete and that's really all you need.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CandyCrazy posted:

So I have 3 3* Robins: one is +HP/-Res, one is neutral, and one is +Spd/-Atk. Which one would be best to raise up?

Probably HP/res, any Mage that can double him is probably killing him anyways.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I must have a terrible team for defense, because I have exactly one defense win for this week. I took out Hector, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I got 7 so I must be doing something right with the team

I wish I could see replays of those games to know exactly how they worked and why

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I got 7 so I must be doing something right with the team

I wish I could see replays of those games to know exactly how they worked and why

So you can finally have the masterful skills of the AI

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I entered a level with 4 ranged guys. It was the labyrinth stage. It took 10 minutes, but Nino capped her XP gain in that level, my healer did too.

Is there a reason Nino is preferred to Tharja? Just the color spread? I'd rather have a blue blade caster, but apparently Odin has terrible Attack.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Is a +SPD/-HP Julia worth using over Nino? I have Eirika but on the other hand, I have zero ways of dealing with dragons. I still have no one who can deal with Lucina or Ryoma. Can a +atk Effie blow them up in one hit?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I can't imagine making an arena team with dupes. That just seems boring and lame. :shrug:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

DalaranJ posted:

I entered a level with 4 ranged guys. It was the labyrinth stage. It took 10 minutes, but Nino capped her XP gain in that level, my healer did too.

Is there a reason Nino is preferred to Tharja? Just the color spread? I'd rather have a blue blade caster, but apparently Odin has terrible Attack.

Red is more plentiful in good units, there's very few elite green units in comparison, Nino gives attack buffs, Draw Back is an incredibly useful skill especially for a 2 range.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lord Ephraim posted:

Is a +SPD/-HP Julia worth using over Nino? I have Eirika but on the other hand, I have zero ways of dealing with dragons. I still have no one who can deal with Lucina or Ryoma. Can a +atk Effie blow them up in one hit?

If you have Effie you have an answer to Lucina and Ryoma. Nino is only worth using on a specific team comp, Julia will suit your purposes much better.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Probably because Nino can easily deal with Robin and Linde.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Lord Ephraim posted:

+Atk Effie will one-shot pretty much any red. She has effectively 76 Attack on the attack against them. She'll absolutely pop both Lucina and Ryoma.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I'll probably upgrade Effie to 5* then. That gives me Linde and Effie for blues, Raven and Julia for greens, ghetto-Takumi in Jeorge, and Eirika. All pretty much need is one offensive red unit. I've only pulled Roy and Chrom 4* and Roy is -spd.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Probably HP/res, any Mage that can double him is probably killing him anyways.

I'll do that then, thanks. I was debating if +spd would be worth -atk, but that's not going to change anything against anyone important (read: Most Takumis) anyway, so that's not a good trade-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Clawtopsy posted:

I can't imagine making an arena team with dupes. That just seems boring and lame. :shrug:

it sounds badass