Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Okay, so you're hopeless.

And why is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Cool. So you think she talked about it more than she did about trump?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Calibanibal posted:

Free college was featured prominently on her website

Does the average person go to a candidates website?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

Does the average person go to a candidates website?

No.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

thechosenone posted:

And why is that?

Because nothing will ever convince you that you're materially wrong. You just keep moving goalposts and this whole line of talking to you the brickwall is useless.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Because nothing will ever convince you that you're materially wrong. You just keep moving goalposts and this whole line of talking to you the brickwall is useless.

What would make you say that? I'm sure she has said what your saying, but I feel like you are implying that it was bigger in her campaign than trump was, or that you may be implying that it even was significant compared to trump talk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I mean she gave multiple speeches where she directed people to go to her website and learn about her very leftist platform so i dunno what to tell ya'll

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

thechosenone posted:

What would make you say that?

Because your every loving post in this line of "discussion" has been you doing that?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Interesting, would have been nice to hear about it in the day to day campaign instead of trump stuff.

It's almost like the media didn't cover her fairly, and you, by not taking your civic duty seriously and doing some research, and instead kvetching because mommy didn't bake you cookies, are being a ginormous moron right now trying to relitigate the primary and the campaign?

So is Ellison a lock for this, now, or what?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

thechosenone posted:

Cool. So you think she talked about it more than she did about trump?

There's no indication that her talking about it more would have made any difference to you. You weren't listening to her, because you'd already made your judgement.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Because your every loving post in this line of "discussion" has been you doing that?

Doing what? Asking questions? I can't find anything out if I don't do that. We've all just been talking past each other, and I feel being direct with what I'm trying to say may help.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

There's no indication that her talking about it more would have made any difference to you. You weren't listening to her, because you'd already made your judgement.

Well, yeah, to vote for the dread abuella, warts and all. But I'm not talking about a stalwart democratic voter like myself.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Hey guys, I'm just asking questions here. And by questions I mean statements that demonstrate my profound ignorance.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

Hey guys, I'm just asking questions here. And by questions I mean statements that demonstrate my profound ignorance.

Well look on the bright side, at least asking questions means you want to learn! :)

Honestly guys, I would love some actual meaty answers.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

thechosenone posted:

Doing what? Asking questions? I can't find anything out if I don't do that. We've all just been talking past each other, and I feel being direct with what I'm trying to say may help.

"would have been nice to hear that" isn't "asking questions." It's continuing to try to weasel out of saying "oh, I was wrong about my original statement, guess she's not the neoliberal shill I am trying to make her out to be afterall"

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Well look on the bright side, at least asking questions means you want to learn! :)

Hey, here's a question: why are you making GBS threads up this thread, and not talking about you know, the actual loving thread topic, you three-neuroned thicko?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

"would have been nice to hear that" isn't "asking questions." It's continuing to try to weasel out of saying "oh, I was wrong about my original statement, guess she's not the neoliberal shill I am trying to make her out to be afterall"

I guess it is true that that is not an interrogative statement. I really mean it though, she really goofed up on that. Heck she could probably have drowned out the e-mail stuff if she had talked about that instead of trump.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

stone cold posted:

Hey, here's a question: why are you making GBS threads up this thread, and not talking about you know, the actual loving thread topic, you three-neuroned thicko?

I don't know, same reason everyone else was? as it is, I'll try not to be a complete dweebus, and look a bit up. be right back.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

thechosenone posted:

I guess it is true that that is not an interrogative statement. I really mean it though, she really goofed up on that. Heck she could probably have drowned out the e-mail stuff if she had talked about that instead of trump.

That's also not true. The email poo poo was out of her control dude. Like it was being driven by outside factors. No amount of "but I want to give you free child care" was going to make BUT HER EMAILS go away.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Oh, you're the moron who sat in the culture war thread for three days who couldn't figure out why people shouldn't murder each other, like a little toddler.

It's pretty funny to hear you talk about this campaign like you know anything, then. It's not like the media went completely insane with the emails thing, and like, the FBI director didn't pull some last minute loving shenanigans with the emails poo poo.

You're a very clever child, huh?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That's also not true. The email poo poo was out of her control dude. Like it was being driven by outside factors. No amount of "but I want to give you free child care" was going to make BUT HER EMAILS go away.

I don't know, it seems like trump saying lots of shocking things seemed to keep people distracted from his russian piss parties.

But yeah boned up on the state of affairs through op, and Ellison has won? seems pretty nice, since bern and afl-cio support. From op, Perez would have also been okay, so I'm not sure what is the problem?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Thechosenone this thread is about the DNC dogcatcher election not your inability to navigate to hillary's website. Kindly eff off!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Platform doesn't mean poo poo it's who us pushing it and how authentic they are.

It's almost like a left right political scale is utterly, utterly irrelevant and it's solely about charisma. But if that were true you'd have things like insisting the guy who talked about how there is no liberal America or conservative America was totally a Marx quoting revolutionary trying to smash the capitalist system.

And if that were the case there would be no point in the slightest in dems ever making a single concession to the nebulously associated and self defined left since they are just looking for a cult of personality to attach themselves to, and treating them like they have coherent ideological requests is just stupid.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

stone cold posted:

Oh, you're the moron who sat in the culture war thread for three days who couldn't figure out why people shouldn't murder each other, like a little toddler.

It's pretty funny to hear you talk about this campaign like you know anything, then. It's not like the media went completely insane with the emails thing, and like, the FBI director didn't pull some last minute loving shenanigans with the emails poo poo.

You're a very clever child, huh?

Hm? I get the feeling I understand why not to murder people, but it seems when I ask people to elucidate why they concur, they clam up.

I think it is pretty bleak to imply that we only refuse to commit murder arbitrarily.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

Thechosenone this thread is about the DNC dogcatcher election not your inability to navigate to hillary's website. Kindly eff off!

You do realize a website does not a main focus of election make, right?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

I don't know, it seems like trump saying lots of shocking things seemed to keep people distracted from his russian piss parties.

But yeah boned up on the state of affairs through op, and Ellison has won? seems pretty nice, since bern and afl-cio support. From op, Perez would have also been okay, so I'm not sure what is the problem?

If we're just asking questions, why are you still posting?

Do you know what the DNC is, and what the function is of the DNC chair?

Are you incapable of not being insufferable?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

stone cold posted:

If we're just asking questions, why are you still posting?

Do you know what the DNC is, and what the function is of the DNC chair?

Are you incapable of not being insufferable?

Because I think it is enjoyable, It apparently has to do with organizing campaigns, which seems pretty relevant to what I've been thinking about, and I imagine the chair leads the organizations efforts, and probably other stuff too, and no, apparently people get pretty frustrated by low level questions, which is probably because you guys assume I'm intending to be a smart aleck. Only partially, because I've deluded myself into thinking I'm a lovely knock off socrates, but the other half is honestly wanting to get some answers, because I think we are both assuming the other is saying stuff that they aren't, and not hearing a whole bunch of implied stuff we forgot to articulate.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 19, 2017

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Hm? I get the feeling I understand why not to murder people, but it seems when I ask people to elucidate why they concur, they clam up.

You literally used that as an analogy for your thicko whiteboii scum head not being able to get why people shouldn't be racist, and then kept asking others to educate you on like, "mama, papa, what racism is? what it is, me want cookie?"

You're completely worthless.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Thechosenone you have taken what was a good and informative thread and just poo poo all over it. Please stop so we can go back to our enlightened discussion on candidate qualifications and future dnc fundraising strategies

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

JeffersonClay posted:

Did you experience the campaign from inside a toxic echo-chamber of jilted Bernouts? Maybe you didn't hear what she was actually saying because you heard it all in democrat voice?

Seems like we might need actual data, and not pithy assertions, to figure this out.

i totally agree. i might be wrong. that's my gut feeling though

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

Thechosenone you have taken what was a good and informative thread and just poo poo all over it. Please stop so we can go back to our enlightened discussion on candidate qualifications and future dnc fundraising strategies

Seems like that would be, you know, a good thing, since it's the actual topic of the thread, you literally man-headed baby with sock garters who couldn't find his own rear end if he was making GBS threads all over his hands.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

stone cold posted:

You literally used that as an analogy for your thicko whiteboii scum head not being able to get why people shouldn't be racist, and then kept asking others to educate you on like, "mama, papa, what racism is? what it is, me want cookie?"

You're completely worthless.

I also get why not to be racist, I just wonder why people think that there can be no reasonable justification for why people would want to not be racist. It is, once again, bleak sounding to say that we must think racism is only bad because someone said so, and not for the way it poisons every part of life, and makes things worse for everyone, even the racists.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

stone cold posted:

It's almost like the media didn't cover her fairly, and you, by not taking your civic duty seriously and doing some research, and instead kvetching because mommy didn't bake you cookies, are being a ginormous moron right now trying to relitigate the primary and the campaign?

So is Ellison a lock for this, now, or what?

no hes going to lose because clintonland operatives will have their due

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

no hes going to lose because clintonland operatives will have their due

You know Ellison is supprted by a lot of Clintonworld, right?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

stone cold posted:

Seems like that would be, you know, a good thing, since it's the actual topic of the thread, you literally man-headed baby with sock garters who couldn't find his own rear end if he was making GBS threads all over his hands.

I think it might do some good to take a few slow deep breaths, and count to ten or something, or whatever you do to help yourself calm down. It isn't worth getting worked up about.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You know Ellison is supprted by a lot of Clintonworld, right?

And also Bernie. I don't hate abuella, just wish she hadn't focused on trump. Would have been cool to have vice-president Bernie, but I can understand not having your running mate be your former opponent.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

I think it might do some good to take a few slow deep breaths, and count to ten or something, or whatever you do to help yourself calm down. It isn't worth getting worked up about.

Be nice if you rubbed two brain cells together and stopped posting.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

stone cold posted:

Be nice if you rubbed two brain cells together and stopped posting.

I apologize for singling you out. I know I sound patronizing, especially since I'm probably why your angry, but regardless of what you think of me, I just don't think I'm worth getting worked up about.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Seriously though what was Hillaries free college plan because I remember it being really lovely and it getting made fun of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Seriously though what was Hillaries free college plan because I remember it being really lovely and it getting made fun of.

It doesn't sound too bad from the site, but After the first mention of free-tuition, it just starts talking about student debt, and all that.

I would still have preferred to hear commercials about that, instead of ones about trump.

• Locked thread