Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
To me, it appeared that if you purchase the DLC pass, you get the three chests and the shirt immediately on March 3rd. The other things are released later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Somewhere at ESRB there is a document that explains which adjective to use to properly describe cleavage.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 18, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ImpAtom posted:

Like legitimate question, how can you go "Majora's Mask is the best spin-off! It's not a Zelda game though because Zelda isn't in it! However it's not as good as Link's Awakening!"

Don't poke holes in my trolls.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Electric Phantasm posted:

This reminds me do we know if you can go unarmed in BOTW? I wanna punch monsters.

From what we've seen, going unarmed means relying on your runes and manipulating the environment to kill things. But maybe you can find a sick cestus or something, who knows.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

To me, it appeared that if you purchase the DLC pass, you get the three chests and the shirt immediately on March 3rd. The other things are released later.

Yeah, I think people are taking it wrong as "these are separate items, here is piecemeal chest DLC" when it's more likely intended as "here's a little thing now to enjoy, you get the real content parts later".

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I interpreted the dungeon thing in the DLC as a big dungeon. There's only 3-4 of them in the actual game right?

I wouldn't think they're talking about a mini shrine or something.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I interpreted the dungeon thing in the DLC as a big dungeon. There's only 3-4 of them in the actual game right?

I wouldn't think they're talking about a mini shrine or something.

Depends just how big a big dungeon is too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just a heads up, the deluxe version of the Zelda strategy guide dropped to 48 dollars on amazon for the preorder.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I don't think that anyone has mentioned it yet, but I wanted to let you know that the super deluxe BotW guide on Amazon has dropped to $47.99. The release date still says 31 March, however.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It is supposed to be March 31st. The Piggyback facebook page had an image of the different versions of the strategy guides. The paperback and normal hardcover are March 3rd, the deluxe is March 31st.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
aw yeah, super deluxe guide here I come

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
ordered

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Think that is $20 pretty, not $50 pretty. God knows I'd never actually open it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I am super hyped for this stupid game and I can't believe I still have to wait some 12 days to play it
Were people this hyped for Skyward Sword? Or were they more wary because SS was entirely based around gimmicky controllers that at best were serviceable and at worst were frustrating poo poo while BoTW is a more traditional Zelda

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think people were down on it but Nintendo wasn't pushing it as hard.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Calaveron posted:

Man I am super hyped for this stupid game and I can't believe I still have to wait some 12 days to play it
Were people this hyped for Skyward Sword? Or were they more wary because SS was entirely based around gimmicky controllers that at best were serviceable and at worst were frustrating poo poo while BoTW is a more traditional Zelda

By a horrible coincidence I'm going to have to spend the 3rd through the 5th doing long hours of tedious, miserable work for my job. It's not normally like this, just a very unfortunate set of circumstances that this particularly bad week would coincide with the Switch release. Originally I thought that it would be the 17th of March, and I honestly wish that it was because I have a week's holiday the 20th through the 24th.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

JustJeff88 posted:

By a horrible coincidence I'm going to have to spend the 3rd through the 5th doing long hours of tedious, miserable work for my job.

I'll try to beam you some of my enjoyment, friend.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

Just a heads up, the deluxe version of the Zelda strategy guide dropped to 48 dollars on amazon for the preorder.

Orderd, hell yeah.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Does the super deluxe version contain concept art or something? Or is it just a nicer cover? What's the difference?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Does the super deluxe version contain concept art or something? Or is it just a nicer cover? What's the difference?

It's both super and deluxe, of course.

Real answer, this apparently:
DELUXE EDITION BONUS: Deluxe format of 11 ” x 15”, premium vintage hardcover, exclusive dedicated 16-page retrospective celebrating thirty years of Zelda games, a 16-page dedicated art section, and two ribbon bookmarks.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

It means that unlike those suckers who love Nintendo this much, you love Nintendo thiiiiiiiiis much.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

TheKingofSprings posted:

It means that unlike those suckers who love Nintendo this much, you love Nintendo thiiiiiiiiis much.

I you don't like Nintendo as hard as you possibly can then gently caress you imho

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm tempted to use the nice-looking book as a decoration.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm going to have a bookshelf full of hardcover Zelda books. Then when ladies come over, they will see my impressive library. Then they will look more closely and see that they are just books that tell me how to play video games for children.

Edit: In all seriousness. This book is 15 inches tall. I may have to cancel as that is way too loving big to fit anywhere. Unless I keep it on on some sort of pedestal like a giant dictionary or something.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 19, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Deluxe comes with fries and all of the fixings.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

People... people still buy strategy guides?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Twilight Princess has some pretty good dungeons. Probably cause they were cut from actual good game, Wind Waker.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Cojawfee posted:

I'm going to have a bookshelf full of hardcover Zelda books. Then when ladies come over, they will see my impressive library. Then they will look more closely and see that they are just books that tell me how to play video games for children.

Edit: In all seriousness. This book is 15 inches tall. I may have to cancel as that is way too loving big to fit anywhere. Unless I keep it on on some sort of pedestal like a giant dictionary or something.

Guess you should go get a pedestal then.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

MokBa posted:

I just like collecting things. I usually just play through the games and then check an online guide for whatever optional overworld stuff I was supposed to do between dungeons.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I just like collecting things. I usually just play through the games and then check an online guide for whatever optional overworld stuff I was supposed to do between dungeons.

That sounds fake but OK.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I think a lot of people like doing that but usually use the internet instead of a book

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I have most of the other hard cover zelda guides, I picked up that chest collection a while ago and I've picked up the few they've released since then. And in today's world of video content it's sometimes quicker and easier to look at a physical guide than scrub through a 25 minute long youtube video to find the information you're looking for.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Detective No. 27 posted:

Twilight Princess has some pretty good dungeons. Probably cause they were cut from actual good game, Wind Waker.

Did we ever get an idea of which ones got repurposed for TP? The Temple of Time with the statue controlling feels like a really obvious one to me. Maybe the Goron mines because in WW you get the Iron Boots sort of randomly in WW that definitely feels like a cut piece of content was supposed to be there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I have most of the other hard cover zelda guides, I picked up that chest collection a while ago and I've picked up the few they've released since then. And in today's world of video content it's sometimes quicker and easier to look at a physical guide than scrub through a 25 minute long youtube video to find the information you're looking for.

Zelda Dungeon has guides on their site that says everything you need to do. You just click what part of the game you're at, click the section and see what you need to do.

Whenever I need to kill some time but don't want to start a dungeon, I just load that site up and follow it for whatever random collectibles. I'll figure things out on my own as much as I can, but I'm not going to wander around the whole world and talk to every npc just because I completed a dungeon and some new side quest on windfall opened up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MokBa posted:

Some big games like Xenoblade X or (most likely) Breath of the Wild benefit from having something on-hand to flip through for the answer. Especially when they'll likely have pictures showing EXACTLY where a thing is instead of some teenager's halfassed "round the corner and left a bit, under my arbitrary reference point that makes no sense" on gamefaq's.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There's 120 shrines and 900 loving korok seeds to find so it'll be nice to have some kind of checklist to work off (not from the start, but when I'm in the late- or post-game trying to finish everything)

Also the guide will have a giant poster map which seems awesome, and other maps of all the areas, and apparently a full compendium of all the items in the game including stats. Cool stuff to have.

And I've looked at other guides the company (Piggyback) has done, samples on their website, and they're very high quality.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm thinking I should switch to the normal hardcover version of it. Who has a bookcase the has 15" tall shelves?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Will be nice to get over a thousand collectibles. Gives you something to do while the next game worth a gently caress comes out

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Literally the last guide I bought was for Wind Waker. This is blowing my mind! I figured they just kept printing them out of habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at everyone not having a pedestal on which to place the deluxe guide and show it off to wandering adventurers who have entered your wizard tower