Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I had zero interest in For Honor until I learned it's a pretty technical 3D fighter at heart and you can play as female versions of most of the characters. Too bad it's only 30fps on console which is really ehh for anything with high skill ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nina posted:

I had zero interest in For Honor until I learned it's a pretty technical 3D fighter at heart and you can play as female versions of most of the characters. Too bad it's only 30fps on console which is really ehh for anything with high skill ceiling.
It's a technical fighter at heart but most of the techniques can be overlooked for the clearly imbalanced ones with better speed, damage and reach. And 30fps means nothing since nearly everything is deliberately telegraphed for several frames so you can react to it, sometimes with big honking icons just to make sure you don't miss it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
For Honor looks kinda good but I heard it uses peer2peer connections so I'm afraid it'll be full of laggy shitters

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The second Oogie Boogie battle has taught me that your greatest foe in Kingdom Hearts is the camera

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Mak0rz posted:

The second Oogie Boogie battle has taught me that your greatest foe in Kingdom Hearts is the camera

2 is relatively good about it too. It gets dire with the handheld games.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Technically not incorrect but gently caress advertising

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mak0rz posted:

GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACKGET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACKGET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACKGET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I beat Nioh and it is extremely good

Everyone should play it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is there anything worthwhile to get from the Hundred Acre Wood minigames? They are so loving awful.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Help Im Alive posted:

I beat Nioh and it is extremely good

Everyone should play it

I'm playing it on my cousin's PS4 right now and it is very hard. I like using my cartoonishly large mallet to fling people off cliffs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

For Honor looks kinda good but I heard it uses peer2peer connections so I'm afraid it'll be full of laggy shitters

reports are that its ok but if anyone leaves the match it hangs for a long time migrating hosts and reestablishing connections

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Mak0rz posted:

Is there anything worthwhile to get from the Hundred Acre Wood minigames? They are so loving awful.

Just a pretty throwaway keyblade IIRC

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm playing it on my cousin's PS4 right now and it is very hard. I like using my cartoonishly large mallet to fling people off cliffs.

I was going to say it's not that hard once you get the hang of it but apparently I died 74 times

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

I was going to say it's not that hard once you get the hang of it but apparently I died 74 times

Like, total? Pretty sure I've died at least that much and I haven't gone to the second region yet

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Technically not incorrect but gently caress advertising

Still excellent price points for 3/4 of those games (haven't played poe so idk)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Are you playing 1 or 2? 2 gives you a sword that makes grinding for drops easier but I don't think 1 gives you anything

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Looper posted:

Are you playing 1 or 2? 2 gives you a sword that makes grinding for drops easier but I don't think 1 gives you anything

The first one, yeah.

Honestly everything about this game is kind of a miserable experience. Would this series have even taken off if it weren't for the Disney and Final Fantasy fan service?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

CrashCat posted:

It's a technical fighter at heart but most of the techniques can be overlooked for the clearly imbalanced ones with better speed, damage and reach. And 30fps means nothing since nearly everything is deliberately telegraphed for several frames so you can react to it, sometimes with big honking icons just to make sure you don't miss it.

Several frames is understating it. Many attacks have probably 0.5-1 second before you have to react.

It's pretty much like playing a fg where every attack is a dust from gg.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
the "hype" for bomberman R may be the saddest thing ever. it a bomberman game made by konami but the switch thread is hyping it up because it the only launch title on the system that is exclusive and not a casual mini game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cyron posted:

the "hype" for bomberman R may be the saddest thing ever. it a bomberman game made by konami but the switch thread is hyping it up because it the only launch title on the system that is exclusive and not a casual mini game.

please point out the hype to me because all I see is a bunch of disillusioned nerds talking about how much it will suck and how ugly it looks

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Dr Cheeto posted:

please point out the hype to me because all I see is a bunch of disillusioned nerds talking about how much it will suck and how ugly it looks

are you saying it will suck or you honestly think konami is going to make a good game in 2017.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
sorry I forgot to mention that I, too, am a disillusioned nerd

point is, practically nobody in the Switch thread has something positive to say about Bomberman R and your post makes no sense

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 20, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno what switch thread you're reading, I just see pages of whining about a dang bomberman game

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Dr Cheeto posted:

sorry I forgot to mention that I, too, am a disillusioned nerd

A few of the Nintendo die hards seem to be giving the game love, and it honestly because it the only exclusive for the system that is not 1, 2, Switch, the game looks like trash and all of previews look negative.

EDIT: ok maybe my sarcasm meter is broken.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I dunno how this is still a secret, but 99% of launch titles are bad and have been for quite a while now.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

What was the last system to have a good lineup of launch titles, PS1?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Much like games in general, never buy a console at launch you dimwits.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If you legitimately give a poo poo about a game being exclusive in the year 2017 you're a moran.

wa-wa-waaaaah I can play Breath of the Wild on the Wii U too? Feh, garbage.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If you legitimately give a poo poo about a game being exclusive in the year 2017 you're a moran.

I care about exclusives if it means I can't play it. All games should be on PC

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

tap my mountain posted:

What was the last system to have a good lineup of launch titles, PS1?

The GameCube lineup was pretty good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#Nintendo_GameCube

Also: seems it's tradition for an entry in a new console generation to launch with a Ridge Racer games.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

I care about exclusives if it means I can't play it. All games should be on PC

The solution to this is to buy all systems. Well, probably not an xbox one because lol.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#Nintendo_GameCube

Also: seems it's tradition for an entry in a new console generation to launch with a Ridge Racer games.

The last 2 Ridge Racers were phone games

rest in peace reiko

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oh actually the best launch lineup is the wii virtual console according to that link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#Wii_Virtual_Console

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Soul Calibur on the dreamcast.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its cool that somebody is making a new Bomberman game. I havent seen one second of footage of the new one so dont own me.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Never gets old, never not funny.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klaus Kinski posted:

Several frames is understating it. Many attacks have probably 0.5-1 second before you have to react.

It's pretty much like playing a fg where every attack is a dust from gg.
Yeah, that was really what I meant. And as far as I can tell it's by design since they want newcomers to get into this thing. Unfortunately that means serious players just laugh at it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Wow I forgot that rogue leader was a launch title, that game still looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

In Training posted:

Its cool that somebody is making a new Bomberman game. I havent seen one second of footage of the new one so dont own me.

Bomberman is fun but I would really like to see another game like Bomberman 64 with an adventure campaign. The other N64 ones were just ok in comparison.

Generations was pretty good tho.

• Locked thread