Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/davehydesports/status/833440249208520706

huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Must have given up on Jordan Cameron.

Aren't there supposed to be a ton of good TE'S in the draft?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well they were about to release Brandon Albert last week so something for nothing aint bad presuming Julius is anything but an overpriced injury waiting to happen.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

So what's up with Luke Joeckel?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chichevache posted:

So what's up with Luke Joeckel?

He's not terrible, per se, but certainly not a first round LT. Been a huge disappointment.

Such is life as a Jags fan.

:negative:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Flikken posted:

Must have given up on Jordan Cameron.

Aren't there supposed to be a ton of good TE'S in the draft?

Cameron is a FA in a few days and he was out for half the year with brain problems. He's done.

Also he can't catch.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Cameron has serious concussion issues

I'm shocked. I wonder who our CB is going to be. We don't have many draft picks :-( missing 3/4

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah Cameron has serious concussion issues

I'm shocked. I wonder who our CB is going to be. We don't have many draft picks :-( missing 3/4

I think our CB corps when healthy isn't bad enough to take precedence over our need for LB's, RDE, LDE to relieve Wake and DT to play with Suh.

Most of the defense is real bad. I'll be happy with just about anything.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ehud posted:

Cameron is a FA in a few days and he was out for half the year with brain problems. He's done.

Also he can't catch.

Man it feels like he only left the Browns 2 seasons ago, how short was his contract?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Flikken posted:

Man it feels like he only left the Browns 2 seasons ago, how short was his contract?

2 years.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I think our CB corps when healthy isn't bad enough to take precedence over our need for LB's, RDE, LDE to relieve Wake and DT to play with Suh.

Most of the defense is real bad. I'll be happy with just about anything.

Were trading for a CB. I've heard it from multiple people I trust, so I'm willing to believe it.

We really need some linebackers like bad

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Were trading for a CB. I've heard it from multiple people I trust, so I'm willing to believe it.

We really need some linebackers like bad

Yeah that's been going around on Twitter. I just don't think it's going to be a big name. Maxwell and Howard will probably be 1 and 2.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So tell me about this Albert fellow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm thinking it will be a solid #2 guy. I really think we move on from Maxwell, we're cutting money from what I can see.

I guess we shall see! I think we're also trying to protect our compensatory picks, as were likely getting a 3 or 4 from Stills. Likely 4. Depends how wild his contract gets. Look at Jenkins with NY last year, nobody thought he'd get anything near that

If we protect that we're likely trading futures. We lost a 3+4 for the Carroo trade up, and we're likely getting a 3+4 for Vernon and Miller

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 20, 2017

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TSBX posted:

So tell me about this Albert fellow.

Really really good when healthy. "When healthy" only comes a couple weeks a year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

Really really good when healthy. "When healthy" only comes a couple weeks a year.

The Julius Thomas of left tackles, if you will

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ehud posted:

2 years.

Good on you for not giving him a longer contract.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

woof

quote:

University of North Carolina at Charlotte quarterback Kevin Olsen was arrested on rape charges Sunday, police said.

Olsen is the younger brother of Panthers TE, Greg Olsen.

Kevin Olsen was arrested on charges of second-degree forcible rape, cyberstalking, assault on a female, and second-degree forced sex.

7th flo krew represent

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

woof

7th flo krew represent

I am curious about the difference between first and second degree forced sex.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

I am curious about the difference between first and second degree forced sex.

Apparently first degree requires use/threat of a weapon, kidnapping, serious physical harm or breaking and entering into their location.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kalli posted:

Apparently first degree requires use/threat of a weapon, kidnapping, serious physical harm or breaking and entering into their location.

I guess this makes a "date rape" style assault a second degree then. I hope there is little difference in sentencing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

I guess this makes a "date rape" style assault a second degree then. I hope there is little difference in sentencing.

Yeah, that's second degree along with "forcible compulsion", or you're their doctor or they're elderly/infirm. There's also 3rd degree where they said or made clear "no".

The Aatrek statutes appear to not care about anything other then the act and ages.

Class 1 is victim under 12, and 24 months older
Class 2 is 12-14 and over 3 years older
Class 3 is 14-16 and 4 years

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In non-rape news. The Revis aftermath video is out and a bunch of football twitter heads are going ... that isn't Revis's voice on the video.

So that's something.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jesus Christ.....

What is wrong with people. We need 50 different sex code violations.

drat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

A Man and his dog posted:

Jesus Christ.....

drat.

:ironicat:`

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jesus Christ.....

drat.

A lot of these things depend on jurisdiction. Each state has their own rules. Many of the differences are due to romeo and juliet laws so that teenages loving each other isn't criminalized and the rest is to make it harsher for bullshit with people under a certain age.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Jesus Christ.....

drat.

Turn left, RG3.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jesus Christ.....

drat.

Ahaha

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jesus Christ.....

drat.

How many apply to you?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So is this guy a stalker, pedo, rapist or animal fucker?

That's only like 4 so I see his point. :v:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jesus Christ.....

drat.

I work on systems that contain criminal charge codes. Trust me when I say that there are way, way more than 50. Some states get very specific.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/833665173848260614

man I would be really hesitant to sweeten Albert's deal. I love him but he can't stay healthy :smith:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
How much of a cap hit is Thomas? I guess it's not that important since we seem to be pretty well out of cap hell for the foreseeable.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Ehud posted:

I work on systems that contain criminal charge codes. Trust me when I say that there are way, way more than 50. Some states get very specific.

Please don't give RG3 any ideas

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

How much of a cap hit is Thomas? I guess it's not that important since we seem to be pretty well out of cap hell for the foreseeable.

I believe it's a wash in terms of cap numbers between he and Albert, IIRC

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

tarbrush posted:

7m, 8.5m, 9m over the last 3 years of his contract, which is a lot of money for a TE, who had basically one good season, in which his team set NFL records.

For the Jaguars this trade would work out great, given that it would considerably reduce the cap hit compared to cutting JT (3m of this years salary is guaranteed) but for Miami it seems stupid, unless Adam Gase has a mancrush on JT.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
It's such bullshit that the Patriots get to beat up on the AFCE every year while real teams actually have competitive division races

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
That's a lot for a TE.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His final two years are dummy years.

What a shock you're given literally zero context from a deceiving GC post hm.

Thomas has his best seasons in Denver under an Adam Gase offense. Miami was literally about to cut Albert. It's a smart move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

His final two years are dummy years.

What a shock you're given literally zero context from a deceiving GC post hm.

Thomas has his best seasons in Denver under an Adam Gase offense. Miami was literally about to cut Albert. It's a smart move

Oh, that's fine if the last of the guaranteed money is this year. Wonder if we can extort a late pick out of them too, given it feels like more of a win for Jax than us.

• Locked thread