Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One other thing to realize too- Vegeta only vaporized Buu with the Final Explosion because Buu made NO EFFORT TO STOP IT OR DEFEND

Buu was just letting it happen and see where it went. And that was a move that literally killed Vegeta on the spot, used up all of his energy so he turned to stone.

Hit might have been able to beat Buu down, but it'd be a tough one. Now that he's had more time to acclimate to god-level fighters he should be able to but you never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

considering hit is like infinitely stronger than buu, he could probably do exactly the same thing kid buu did and beat the poo poo out of fat buu until he stops getting back up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's really cool we get to see 17, 18, and Tien again but why didn't they bring in Pikkon or Uub??

They could even have done a thing where Uub and Buu merged again for a power up for a really strong enemy and they could have sold the U7 team are now down a fighter!

Dragon Ball Super is all about looking like a Fan-fiction, just go all out please

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Pikkon is from anime-only material and Toriyama can barely remember his own manga when making story outlines, and Uub is like 18 months old at this point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

someone will blow another hole in buu but this time instead of healing himself, bulma puts a little cockpit in there so that baby uub can pilot him like a gundam

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

a cartoon duck posted:

Pikkon is from anime-only material and Toriyama can barely remember his own manga when making story outlines, and Uub is like 18 months old at this point.
Put him in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ah, the Fire Emblem approach.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Ah, the Fire Emblem approach.
We stick Goten, Trunks, and Uub in the time chamber for 2 weeks and watch Chichi flip out when her son is suddenly as old as Gohan and hasn't kept up with his studies

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I want to see Master Roshi fight because how do you justify that beyond the other universes fielding some real scrubs of their own

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
If you're going to make the best team possible for universe seven, wish back Cell, Dabura, and Golden Freeza, because gently caress it, it'll all be erased anyway if they lose. Goku is already going to have a bigger kill count than any of them because of his stupidity. Who cares about good or evil with all of your existence on the line.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ask baba to give them all a day to chill in the universe ending tournament

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

It's really cool we get to see 17, 18, and Tien again but why didn't they bring in Pikkon or Uub??

They could even have done a thing where Uub and Buu merged again for a power up for a really strong enemy and they could have sold the U7 team are now down a fighter!

Dragon Ball Super is all about looking like a Fan-fiction, just go all out please

Majuub is one of the worst things about GT and Uub and Buu being separate is way more interesting

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

RealFoxy posted:

Put him in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

They don't even know who Uub is yet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Aurora posted:

Majuub is one of the worst things about GT and Uub and Buu being separate is way more interesting
I wasn't dumb enough to watch anything past the first 4 episodes of GT so excuse my ignorance to it, but I don't think Toriyama was a fan of it either anyway

I just looked it up and saw the words "Super Baby Vegeta 2" and that's probably a good indication I didn't miss anything good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flubby posted:

If you're going to make the best team possible for universe seven, wish back Cell, Dabura, and Golden Freeza, because gently caress it, it'll all be erased anyway if they lose. Goku is already going to have a bigger kill count than any of them because of his stupidity. Who cares about good or evil with all of your existence on the line.

I would revive Bibidi over Dabura. He could give everyone awesome buffing spells before their match.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wanna see xXGoWaSu420MoYaSeXx elite crack team of e-sports legends

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I like how universe 9's supreme Kai is the bloodthirsty one and the god of destruction is concerned about people's well-being.

Must be a real lovely universe

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

even if you're allowed to kill your opponent it's pretty hard to beat Buu unless you're pulling out some insane desperation ki blast stuff. and even then you've got to get lucky

like I doubt Hit would be able to kill Buu using any of the methods he's used to killing people with

Seeing as Buu is Goku's friend and a frequent sideline onlooker, the only thing that can hurt Buu is a new antagonist so shockingly powerful that only Goku can stop him now

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Flubby posted:

pretty sure both cell and frieza (expecially frieza) would be okay if the universe was destroyed as long as goku went down with it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't wait for Frost's redemption arc.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cell might be game for working with everyone at the tournament but there's a problem

Absolutely every one loving hates him. Even Goku hates Cell. Goku. Buu is like the only character that doesn't have anything to do with Cell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

cell would probably try to kill a god of destruction and then die

he's not exactly known for his modesty

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Who's: "Yeah we briefly considered Freeza for the next God of Destruction but that didn't pan ou-"
Cell: "I'm 5% Freeza, 7% Goku, blew up a planet, and killed a god, here's my resume and cover letter'

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rodyle posted:

I want to see Master Roshi fight because how do you justify that beyond the other universes fielding some real scrubs of their own

Roshi doesn't forget the mafuba seal stickers like Goku did

Stick all his opponents in jars

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Roshi was a gag character thru most of the series who was centuries old and ultra powerful, and Toriyama said "He's only as strong as he wants to be" so maybe we'll get some World's Strongest Roshi just hulking up and cheesing some fights.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Goku brought all the strongest guys he'd get to fight less strong guys himself.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Burkion posted:

Even Goku hates Cell.

It's been a while, but didn't Goku give Cell a senzu bean

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a cartoon duck posted:

I enjoyed the bit where Granny Goku tapped into her Goku Black voice when Goku was talking about how unsensable the furries are and how exciting that is to them, Goku is a jerk arc shaping up to be good stuff.

I missed it the first time, but holy poo poo he is talking like Black there.

I am so drat curious to see how far they take this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

It's been a while, but didn't Goku give Cell a senzu bean

He did that for the same reason he gave Freeza enough energy to survive

So Cell would know, when he was destroyed by his son, that it wasn't because he wasn't in top form.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Assuming they're going with the "Goku as villain" story... could it be a change in his personality brought about by training to be the new god of destruction? Goku's never been particularly bright or responsible, but he's never come off as malicious before.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This is how I feel about Super

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
He's not being malicious though. He's still concerned about other people and is acting the same as he pretty much always has, it's just that now his obsession with fighting stronger opponents(which has always overshadowed his other traits) doesn't have an acceptable outlet. His behavior is nothing new, it's just that he has never grown or learned from the consequences of it and he now knows beings who can feed that obsession in unhealthy way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea he's the same as he ever was but now the consequences for him being an idiot and not thinking things through are bigger than they've ever been

it's like when he gave cell the senzu bean, or frieza his energy, or asked krillin not to kill vegeta, or let go of raditz' tail... he's known for not making good decisions and honestly he tends to pay for it. it seems like they're setting it up so that he'll actually learn something this time tho

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe you're right, but it seems like he's a into it in a different way now? He seems to get bad-guy-face from time to time now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Maybe you're right, but it seems like he's a into it in a different way now? He seems to get bad-guy-face from time to time now.

That's because now they're portraying it as a vaguely serious flaw.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah the difference is the framing and the narrative. Usually it's a flaw that lets a ruthless foe betray his trust, but now he's fighting on a god level scale and these decisions affect more people than just him. Or just the Earth. He's got a lesson to learn now, and Vegeta turning down training and the exhibition match because his family needs him is showing us what Goku is doing wrong. He's exceptionally selfish right now and everyone in every universe is going to suffer because of that naive fightman compulsion.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

Watch his eyes in future episodes, and especially the manga once it catches up. Goku's eyes are always drawn with an outline only going about 3/4 of the way around, except as a super saiyan. You'll notice that Goku Black had full outlines around his eyes. That's because Toriyama tends to draw his villains with full outlines, while his (at least early) good guys have the partial outline. So if Toriyama starts drawing Goku with the full outlines in his base form, that's your first hint that poo poo's about to hit the fan.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

lezard_valeth posted:

This is how I feel about Super

I love how Whis is never fazed by anything. He always has the same smile on his face no matter what.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku isn't a bad guy but he is flawed and Super seems to be building up to him realizing that. I said it before but remember that unless something changes drastically all of this is leading up to DBZ's ending where Goku takes a student on and it seems like the idea that Goku will go from trainman fightbro to a guy who genuinely wants to invest in a future student will probably be the outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he did want to let the next generation take over and tried to get both of his sons to step up and take on that mantle. he tried pretty hard to stay dead and let gohan or gotenks take care of buu

clearly what I'm saying is that it's gohan's fault for not catching that potara earring. the gently caress, gohan

• Locked thread