Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Doc Hawkins posted:

The full thread, with the back and forth and people getting more and more incensed at the OP for thinking what he's saying is obvious, had me in tears.

Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

sout posted:

:psyduck: is that post from r/relationships? What's the title? Does it gives us any clues?

It's a way, way old thing from 4chan (I think?). No, nobody ever decoded it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

sout posted:

:psyduck: is that post from r/relationships? What's the title? Does it gives us any clues?

Autistic dude thinks that he can get away with not bathing/getting wet because his mum says that he doesn't have to shower that day, but later on needs to get wet to take the measurement. Rants that it's unfair, and that his sister is not put out by the situation like he is because she doesn't mind getting wet. Focuses entirely on the physical cues that he interprets as signifying that his sister doesn't mind getting wet without explicitly stating that he doesn't, she does, and therefore the situation is unfair.

I think.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Why is their mom making them do an underwater weight test? Is there any point to doing that? Is a normal scale not accurate?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

WampaLord posted:

Why is their mom making them do an underwater weight test? Is there any point to doing that? Is a normal scale not accurate?

I think it's specifically body fat percentage that was being calculated.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Underwater test is for bodyfat percentage. Kids prolly fat

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Will this do?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's not fair for him to take a body fat percentage test alongside his scantily clad sister since it gave him a chub and that might skew the results?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He is obsessed with the fact that he got to skip showering.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, the autism.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/5qrmpi/wow_i_cannot_believe_my_mom_stooped_so_low/

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

WampaLord posted:

He is obsessed with the fact that he got to skip showering.

Also the fact that his sister put her hair back but not really?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Lareine posted:

Also the fact that his sister put her hair back but not really?

like the girls at the YMCA do. You've seen them do it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I do the same thing but only after ironically flipping my hair back while emerging from the water.

My hair is not very long.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I love it when girls pretend to put their hair back, but not when they are my sister, or enjoy getting wetting wet (I don't enjoy it)

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Poster has autism; has sensory issues about being wet and wearing tight clothing; is not able to understand difference between details that are important to them and details that are important to normal people.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Streak posted:

It's not fair for him to take a body fat percentage test alongside his scantily clad sister since it gave him a chub and that might skew the results?

quote:

I have no attraction towards my sister

My house contains a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, three bedrooms, and a basement. Like I said I got up at noon did not take the shower. My sister did not take the shower. Then we went to the underwater test.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Breetai posted:

Autistic dude thinks that he can get away with not bathing/getting wet because his mum says that he doesn't have to shower that day, but later on needs to get wet to take the measurement. Rants that it's unfair, and that his sister is not put out by the situation like he is because she doesn't mind getting wet. Focuses entirely on the physical cues that he interprets as signifying that his sister doesn't mind getting wet without explicitly stating that he doesn't, she does, and therefore the situation is unfair.

I think.

Yeah, I think the thing with the hair-pull and the clothing is that those are signs that suggest (to him, anyway) that the sister really enjoyed the experience, because it was like a swimming outing for her and hence fun or at least acceptable. He doesn't explicitly state that he dislikes/has sensory defensiveness towards water, presumably because he has poor theory of mind and doesn't realize that it isn't intuitive, but I think his intent is clearly "my sister really enjoyed this and I really didn't, so that's unfair." There are still some weird gaps in the story, like why the mom decided her children needed an underwater weighing test, but who knows what's going on there.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

honestly it seems like a well done troll

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i miss otterman

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I [24/F] waited to get married to have sex and now we have been married for a month and I hate sex. How do I tell my husband [29M/] that I never want to have sex ever again ?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

gentle pete posted:

I [24/F] waited to get married to have sex and now we have been married for a month and I hate sex. How do I tell my husband [29M/] that I never want to have sex ever again ?

how can you post just the title to this one? it's incredible

quote:

Background info : we've been dating long distance for 4 years. I wanted to save my first kiss for our wedding and so we did that. He is 5 years older than me.

He was my first boyfriend, when we started dating I told him I wanted to save my first kiss for marriage. When we did pre marital counselling at his church and then at mine I was alerted mentally to a few red flags ... when I was younger I had big issues with my virginity, and thinking there was no point to me existing or going to church if I wasn't a virgin. I also felt to a certain extant that sex was dirty. But I thought I had delt with those issues clearly I hadn't.

He, my husband, has quite a wild past in christian terms, he partied WAY too much, did A LOT of drugs and slept with ALOT of girls ... he became a Christian when he was 25.

Anyway when we first had sex, I felt normal at first, but when I realised I wasnt a virgin anymore, it got bad. When we came back from our honeymoon, I spent all day crying while he was at work because I wanted to be a virgin again, and I felt disgusting and dirty and worthless.

Because we didnt even kissed for 4 years, he is so eager to have sex all the time, his sex drive is crazy, which has been horrific for me, because even though sex feels really nice now, there is this wave of guilt that I feel immediately after we're done. I will often sit in the bath trying really hard to wash myself because I fell so dirty. Or some times I cry myself to sleep.

My self esteem issues are the worst they've ever been, I feel so relieved when he's not at home because I know I get a break from sex. I hate it so much when he touches me because I'm not sure where it will lead, a cuddle on the couch, or sex.

I feel so dirty when I'm around people at his church, because they know we're married and so therefore they know we're having sex which makes me sick to my core, I want no association to sex ! I look at the younger girls in his church with envy, wishing I was a virgin like them.

Because I had to move for him, I have no support system, all of my friends are back home and I have no one to talk about this ! Also I feel far too awkward bringing this up with my friends.

tl;dr: I always feel so disgusting and dirty after we have sex ! I don't want to have sex ever again. We have a great friendship that could help sustain our relationship.

:stare:

get therapy

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Triad FMF (3 months as triad, but gf and I are together 5 years) - Man loses erection, how can we help?

quote:

My girlfriend (27) and I (F, 31) have been seeing a man (35) together for the last 3 months. We're polyamorous, so it's a relationship, not just about sex.
He sometimes has trouble maintaining an erection when the three of us are together, and also when it's just him and I. My GF says it hasn't happened to her when she was with him one on one. I'd say it's happened every other time we've had sex, and we see each other 2-3 times a week.

He has no issues getting hard, but will go soft during sex, at some point. A few times right before penetration, once when I was giving him oral. We haven't exactly talked about it at length, but when it happened last time, he acknowledged it. This is how the convo went.

Him Oh, I don't seem to be functioning this morning?
Me: It's ok! Is it a mental issue?
Him: No.
Me: Oh, is it a medical issue?
Him. No. Me: Ok, why does it happen?
Him: I don't know, stress from work? Could be a number of things.

We cuddled/fooled aroud after this, and he was able to get hard and come with my girlfriend later. I didn't keep pressing it, cause I read that it's not ideal to discuss it during sex, right after it happened. But I'd like to bring it up. I understand the penis isn't a clockwork machine, that this happens from time to time. But it's been happening a lot for it to be considered 'normal' and I'm getting to a point where I'm hesitant to initiate penetration because it's not satisfying for me.

What can my girlfriend and I do to help him? How should we talk to him about it?

tl;dr: 2 women, 1 man in a relationship. Man loses erection during sex, but only in group or with me. What can we do/How to approach talking about it?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

CheesyDog posted:

Triad FMF (3 months as triad, but gf and I are together 5 years) - Man loses erection, how can we help?

Imagine being this guy, getting into a triad thing, and realizing you only like one of the girls involved

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Part of his long con to convince them to open the relationship

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Mirthless posted:

get therapy

Organized religion: not even once

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

The loving water measurement copypasta is still a gift and i'm a little surprised so many people here have never seen it before

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Ban religion

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

CheesyDog posted:

"It's okay! smily face! That's why I'm asking you about it in the middle of our bedroom activities!!!!"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

"It's okay! smily face! That's why I'm asking you about it in the middle of our bedroom activities!!!!"

I think it's okay to ask about why someone's having sex problems during sex as a part of, you know, hopefully improving the sex or seeing if something is a problem for your partner? This seems like a weird thing to complain about.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Antivehicular posted:

I think it's okay to ask about why someone's having sex problems during sex as a part of, you know, hopefully improving the sex or seeing if something is a problem for your partner? This seems like a weird thing to complain about.

A really good way to give someone performance anxiety (and thus, increase the likelihood of a shy dick in the future) is to grill him about his dick the moment something goes amiss.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dienes posted:

A really good way to give someone performance anxiety (and thus, increase the likelihood of a shy dick in the future) is to grill him about his dick the moment something goes amiss.

Yea the first time I couldn't finish, the girl didn't do any favors by asking "Hey, why couldn't you finish?" a bunch of times.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, to be fair, it really needs to be one question. "Hey, are you okay?" is fine. "WHY ARE WE NOT loving ACCEPTABLY" repeated ten times in various permutations is not.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Mirthless posted:

get therapy

get several years of therapy, in the meantime get a divorce posthaste

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dude probably doesn't shave his nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DCcxVpNzes&t=61s

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Not from /r/relationships, but still pretty horrifying

https://www.susanjfowler.com/blog/2017/2/19/reflecting-on-one-very-strange-year-at-uber

Some choice quotes:

quote:

On my first official day rotating on the team, my new manager sent me a string of messages over company chat. He was in an open relationship, he said, and his girlfriend was having an easy time finding new partners but he wasn't. He was trying to stay out of trouble at work, he said, but he couldn't help getting in trouble, because he was looking for women to have sex with.

quote:

When I joined Uber, the organization I was part of was over 25% women. By the time I was trying to transfer to another eng organization, this number had dropped down to less than 6%. Women were transferring out of the organization, and those who couldn't transfer were quitting or preparing to quit. There were two major reasons for this: there was the organizational chaos, and there was also the sexism within the organization. When I asked our director at an org all-hands about what was being done about the dwindling numbers of women in the org compared to the rest of the company, his reply was, in a nutshell, that the women of Uber just needed to step up and be better engineers.

Please note that in this one, the "she" is an HR rep for Uber...

quote:

When I pointed out how few women were in SRE, she recounted with a story about how sometimes certain people of certain genders and ethnic backgrounds were better suited for some jobs than others, so I shouldn't be surprised by the gender ratios in engineering. Our meeting ended with her berating me about keeping email records of things, and told me it was unprofessional to report things via email to HR.

quote:

On my last day at Uber, I calculated the percentage of women who were still in the org. Out of over 150 engineers in the SRE teams, only 3% were women.

Startups are the worst, Uber is the worst

dads friend steve fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 20, 2017

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

zakharov posted:

get several years of therapy, in the meantime get a divorce posthaste

Might as well marry a therapist with the amount of hours you're going to have to spend with him

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Read the entire Uber thing, it's all gold. Holy cow.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
And then you talk about disparity in certain employment fields, and men claim "well women don't want to work those jobs". Sure they do, they just don't want to get loving harassed and bullied out of the workplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

54 40 or gently caress posted:

And then you talk about disparity in certain employment fields, and men claim "well women don't want to work those jobs". Sure they do, they just don't want to get loving harassed and bullied out of the workplace.

For real. I can't imagine trying to do my job while getting constantly harassed and undermined by a bunch of garbage men.

Fwiw, I work for a tech company as a software engineer too. Except my employer is not a bunch of garbage tech bros, so that kind of poo poo would NEVER be tolerated.