Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Byers2142 posted:

I might have a Blades for you, then. I'm on my lunch break, I'll jump on and see. Byers2142, same name as on the forums.

Awesome! Also, the only restriction on item trading is you couldn't have enchanted/rerolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

good day for a bris posted:

Awesome! Also, the only restriction on item trading is you couldn't have enchanted/rerolled.

gently caress, I have one, but it's enchanted.

It's an old Blades I had, I enchanted to get plus damage percent. I just sent it, too.

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 10, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im pretty sure you can mail enchanted stuff

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Awesome! posted:

im pretty sure you can mail enchanted stuff

I said my mail was sent, so hopefully it was and there's a Blades waiting for bris in his inbox.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I am dumb and play D3 on both PS4 (daver3k) and XBONE (Mr Daveboto) if anyone needs a new hero powerleveled or would like to farm experience/gear/run some GRifts. I haven't played on PS4 in almost a year but was well into the 70s on GRifts there, and I haven't run a GRift on my XBONE since I picked the game back up but I'm handling T13 without too much trouble, so presumably GRift 60+ is what my Helltooth Gargantuan WD is currently capable of.

Might be interested in a more organized thing, on either console.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

If anyone else is down I'll be on quite a bit tonight, running as many rifts as I can. My Barb is probably around torment 8 so if you see me online (PSN: Cadavrs4algernon) feel free to hop in.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003
PIcked this up during the Christmas break and have been playing almost non-stop with my two sons in couch co-op. We are at the point now where we've got a couple of lvl70 characters each and are starting on Torment+ and GRifts - think we finished a GRift 15? last night with about 5 mins to spare. Starting to see various set items drop which is exciting.

One question we are not sure of, during our travels we've picked up various legendary items at lower levels, now that we are lvl 70 should we be re-rolling those items in the Kanai cube to 'upgrade' them to a lvl 70 item with better stats, or is that not how that process works?

**edit** - didn't clarify, this is on PS4

unicr0n fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 11, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats probably not worth the souls unless you really need a specific legendary for a build.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Don't reroll lower level stuff unless you really really need it for your specific build. Most of the time you'll see a lot of these items at a pretty regular frequency.

Also, some items, like the Ring of Royal Grandeur, Convention of Elements, Depth Diggers, etc. are pretty damned useful to multiple builds on multiple classes and may be worth cubing.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

unicr0n posted:

One question we are not sure of, during our travels we've picked up various legendary items at lower levels, now that we are lvl 70 should we be re-rolling those items in the Kanai cube to 'upgrade' them to a lvl 70 item with better stats, or is that not how that process works?

**edit** - didn't clarify, this is on PS4

That's not how the process works. If you reforge a level 67 Haunting Girdle in Kanai's Cube, you will wind up with another level 67 Haunting Girdle. I just sacrificed 50 Forgotten Souls to confirm this, just so I could be certain. (I also tried this way back when with the same idea you've had, and was pretty sure it hadn't worked, but couldn't remember with absolute certainty.)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for your sacrifice for science. if 50 souls is an amount that matters to you post your psn id and ill send you some

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Awesome! posted:

thank you for your sacrifice for science. if 50 souls is an amount that matters to you post your psn id and ill send you some

Nah man, it was just another way of saying "I actually tried this to verify, and it doesn't work". I have approximately a hundred-jillion hours on D3 farming T10 with my chicken doctor and have melted down more Nemesis Bracers than there are atoms in the known universe.

Totally considering buying a PS4 Pro just to have 4K D3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefyYKqx328

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

becoming posted:

That's not how the process works. If you reforge a level 67 Haunting Girdle in Kanai's Cube, you will wind up with another level 67 Haunting Girdle. I just sacrificed 50 Forgotten Souls to confirm this, just so I could be certain. (I also tried this way back when with the same idea you've had, and was pretty sure it hadn't worked, but couldn't remember with absolute certainty.)

Thanks for checking this out. Decided the best way to get better gear was to go farming, so far on my WD I've found 5 pieces of Zuni and 3 pieces of Helltooth, then got the Grin Reaper which I never want to stop using. Went from timidly attempting Torment GRifts, to running a T6 GRift last night with ease.

becoming posted:

Totally considering buying a PS4 Pro just to have 4K D3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefyYKqx328

I have the Pro but only a 1080p TV, even still after the patch D3 certainly looks much much sharper.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Thank you for the mail present! I was playing with my wife the other night trying to farm up the last part (gibberish gem) for the Pony level. Does that still exist, or am I wasting time?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

still exists

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

drill press corps posted:

Thank you for the mail present! I was playing with my wife the other night trying to farm up the last part (gibberish gem) for the Pony level. Does that still exist, or am I wasting time?

It exists. It took me about four to five hours of dedicated farming to actually get it to drop.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

If anyone else is down I'll be on quite a bit tonight, running as many rifts as I can. My Barb is probably around torment 8 so if you see me online (PSN: Cadavrs4algernon) feel free to hop in.

Hey dude, I've got an ancient blade of the tribes if you still need one. SumTingWonger in game. btw my wife hates you because it seems like every gift that drops for me is for you, lmao.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

SumTingWong posted:

Hey dude, I've got an ancient blade of the tribes if you still need one. SumTingWonger in game. btw my wife hates you because it seems like every gift that drops for me is for you, lmao.

Ooh I'll take. Tell your wife I'm sorry, for a while it seemed like I only got poo poo for you. You can mail or I'll be on later today.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015
Sorry man, I got home late last night, my wife said you sent a message - I am making her drag me along when she does bounties while I'm at work :P

Looks like I don't have the extra one after all anyway, does this game like not save sometimes for anyone else? I swear I've gotten drops and then when I came back on later things were either no longer identified or not even there anymore... it's happened a couple of times lately.

Anywho I will send you the next one that drops anyway!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

SumTingWong posted:

Sorry man, I got home late last night, my wife said you sent a message - I am making her drag me along when she does bounties while I'm at work :P

Looks like I don't have the extra one after all anyway, does this game like not save sometimes for anyone else? I swear I've gotten drops and then when I came back on later things were either no longer identified or not even there anymore... it's happened a couple of times lately.

Anywho I will send you the next one that drops anyway!

Don't stress. I'm running a Raekor/IK build now so it isn't super important. I've been bouncing between the two but the Sonic/Donkey Kong combo of dashing into enemies and throwing boulders is too much fun.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Flatmate has played the hell out of this game, and really loved Diablo 1 back in the day but was a bit disappointed with the new event. I saw someone in the thread said that you got pets for doing it from level 1, which might make it worth going through. And someone else said that there's a mushroom item collection-chain-thing that you can do too, any good guides for this anywhere?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

Flatmate has played the hell out of this game, and really loved Diablo 1 back in the day but was a bit disappointed with the new event. I saw someone in the thread said that you got pets for doing it from level 1, which might make it worth going through. And someone else said that there's a mushroom item collection-chain-thing that you can do too, any good guides for this anywhere?

Lucky you. I put a guide in the OP!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
That's great, thank you, I figured it might not be something every game site has already written about, since it's a last-gen game recreating an ancient computer game. Guess I was wrong. Still, this might be an interesting way to burn an evening and it doesn't seem too involved.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

TheDarkFlame posted:

That's great, thank you, I figured it might not be something every game site has already written about, since it's a last-gen game recreating an ancient computer game. Guess I was wrong. Still, this might be an interesting way to burn an evening and it doesn't seem too involved.

It's more like maybe an hour, tops. It's pretty short, but it's a good way to start a new character

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

first time i did it with no twink gear or paragon points besides movement speed and it took a few hours but i wasnt trying to move quickly.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015
lol had a dude come in and drop a bunch of hacked out gear on me the other night... while it was neat to go around a 150 rift and kill everything with one skill, I don't get the point of it... so I put it on my Templar companion and it was pretty hilarious for like a minute...

trashed it in the end :P

SumTingWong fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 17, 2017

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.
So I got the game a few months ago. Sometimes when I go to Upgrade a Rare item the cube tells me the Transmute failed. It looks like I have all the items I need to do an upgrade (No items are greyed out in the ingredients screen) but I get the failed message every time. I usually just go play a few rifts or something but is there any logic or reasoning behind the failed message? Are you only able upgrade a limited number of times a day or something?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive noticed that happen when i have some of the ingredients in my inventory but not all of them. if i put all my materials in my stash it works again

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Ah ok that makes sense. Thank you kind sir.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yes. The game cannot properly parse the required ingredients if they are spread between stash and inventory. The cube is the most egregious with it. The blacksmith and enchanter less so but still goofy from time to time.

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes. The game cannot properly parse the required ingredients if they are spread between stash and inventory. The cube is the most egregious with it. The blacksmith and enchanter less so but still goofy from time to time.

Yeah i just couldn't figure out what the difference was from when it would work and when it wouldn't. But I am good now.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Blah my dumb blacksmith won't display the hellfire amulet recipe. If I buy it from squirt it says I already know it. Can't find anything about it outside of people just not filtering / sorting their recipes properly or just reinstalling the game.

I've already made three amulets but wanted to just make one for my DH for kicks.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Rings and amulets are crafted by the jeweler.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Suspicious posted:

Rings and amulets are crafted by the jeweler.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, on console they actually show up on the armor tab at the blacksmith. Shen only really does combines.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Picked this up since it was on sale and I hate the current CoD. What should I sell, and what should I break down for salvage?

Is it Witcher 3 rules? Anything rare and up gets broken down?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Macys posted:

Picked this up since it was on sale and I hate the current CoD. What should I sell, and what should I break down for salvage?

Is it Witcher 3 rules? Anything rare and up gets broken down?

Don't even worry about that poo poo till you're 70.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably sell poo poo at the start to build up some cash and then just mass salvage everything when you are ok on money (shouldnt take long)

that said im sure most of us have more gold than we know what to do with and would be happy to send you some if you want

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Unless I'm remembering wrong, on console they actually show up on the armor tab at the blacksmith. Shen only really does combines.

This is right. I can see the old amulets and all the hellfire rings at the blacksmith. The recipe from squirt for the newer amulet also says blacksmith on it. And that mine already knows it. Blah!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I have 7.6 trillion gold so if anyone needs cash let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh, I'm PSN herr_pink by the way. I'm playing this game again as a friend just got into it.

I can take you from 1-70 in under ten minutes if anyone wants to power level!