Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

horror on loop with throne butt is cool because you have infinite health and get early exits if you pick anomoly but oops a muishroomhead ran up and exploded on me anyway fuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching Bob3 play this today makes me wanna get back into it so maybe I'll stream some tomorrow

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got my best run evar with rebel but i got killed by the crystal boss in looped caes oops good thing i didn't have a cursed weapon yikes. i got a golden splinter gun on her now tho :worship:

golden splinter gun, and splinter guns in general, are boss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Watching Bob3 play this today makes me wanna get back into it so maybe I'll stream some tomorrow

i'd watch

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

i wish someone clipped me owning the jungle in like 40 seconds my first time..apparently that was a feat lmao i think i had the double shotty and i just had to fire and everything would die

i beat the jungles my first time too but i think it's cuz i had like scary face gamma guts and impact wrists a bunch of poo poo like flies at u right when u go in iirc ? i only went there ONE time and never again seems pointless to go back unless youre really aiming for a big score

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

qnqnx posted:

golden splinter gun, and splinter guns in general, are boss

i like yv throne butt + honing bolts and super splinter gun awww yeah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just love crossbow type weapons in this so much

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just love crossbow type weapons in this so much

the heavy crossbow owns and i always pick it up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

the heavy crossbow owns and i always pick it up
I wish it worked a little better with Bolt Marrow. I see why it doesn't I guess but it's not like that talent covers a huge amount of weapons anyway

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the heavy cross bow is too drat slow!!!!!!!!!!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
best feature of trigger fingers is reloading the secondary weapon imho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i play this game every day while humming the YV mansion theme

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

in a meeting about client agreements daydreaming about mercilessly blowing up big dog in 5-10 seconds with a long arms golden wrench and his own projectiles, missiles etc

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

lol

this warms my heart

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh no i got killed by cursed ammo i guess i dunno

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

5-3 should be called "RIP" because little hunter stops me every time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i did find the super splinter gun on 5-1 and that was a ride lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

lil hunter is a great trial.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

extremebuff posted:

happens to absolutely everyone

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive just gotta save something that can deliver a lot of hurt for him..you start finding crazy automatic explosive weapons so i'll try to keep one for his fight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

ive just gotta save something that can deliver a lot of hurt for him..you start finding crazy automatic explosive weapons so i'll try to keep one for his fight
he has patterns but he's still probably the toughest part of the game. sometimes you just get dropped into a giant gently caress off arena with him and a million dudes and die. he's definitely the check for whether your weapons are up to par though, you absolutely need to be able to kill a lot of stuff quickly to survive him whereas you can take most previous stages at yr own pcace

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

melee weapons:

1) destroy his landing flames
2) reflect his bullets

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

in the long arms icon i always think eyes is wearing a wifebeater

e: also the rhino skin tiny icon looks like midna's hat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he has patterns but he's still probably the toughest part of the game. sometimes you just get dropped into a giant gently caress off arena with him and a million dudes and die. he's definitely the check for whether your weapons are up to par though, you absolutely need to be able to kill a lot of stuff quickly to survive him whereas you can take most previous stages at yr own pcace

the whole area is a check on that lmao. those loving robot bandits that can just fly at you from across the map, you shoot them dead with a hyper rifle or you eat poo poo

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
if you have gamma guts and scarier face you can just run into them without taking damage. it's much easier

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love that the runs in this game are so quick btw. youre in the later bits in minutes. when you die you just wanna pop right back in and try again, and again, and again, and hours have flown by..

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gonna stream in a minute. i've never done this before. please be nice

https://www.twitch.tv/lunchmeatlarry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im not very good under pressure and I don't think my mic was working

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

gonna stream in a minute. i've never done this before. please be nice

https://www.twitch.tv/lunchmeatlarry

i caught your death by lil hunter... that was some poo poo lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremely steampunk posted:

i caught your death by lil hunter... that was some poo poo lol
I was terrified of blowing myself up every time I fired the super bazooka lol. at least I got him too

will work on broadcast quality for next time and I don't think my mic worked at all

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was terrified of blowing myself up every time I fired the super bazooka lol. at least I got him too

will work on broadcast quality for next time and I don't think my mic worked at all

nope, I couldn't hear you at all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

'grenade shotgun'

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

stream without a mic its the only way to stream

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:/

reached lil hunter like 10 times, he doesn't kill me, running for cover into murder closets does

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

e: also the rhino skin tiny icon looks like midna's hat

during early access i liked how all the placeholder mutation art was just lovely mspaint drawings of a character

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

remember when trigger fingers was racing mind and shotgun shoulders was shotgun fingers. and back muscle was good

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

oddium posted:

can. not. unsee O_O!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

the whole fun of streaming for me is interacting with the 2 ppl watching.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oddium posted:

remember when trigger fingers was racing mind and shotgun shoulders was shotgun fingers. and back muscle was good

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

doughvakiin posted:

the whole fun of streaming for me is interacting with the 2 ppl watching.

same. why would i watch a guy stream something without a mic.. i can go anywhere else to just see gameplay. hosed up

goferchan posted:

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

ive only been playing a bit and the game is very aggressive about giving you ammo. if you play robot you have even less reason to worry about the cap lol

• Locked thread