Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
F1 - Too Many Gears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tony Montana posted:

F1 - Too Many Gears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qbCPBdRI_I

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

JFairfax posted:

are black people allowed to race nascar?

Where else could you enjoy the spectacle of watching 20 men chasing a black guy?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
New Sauber: https://motorsport.com/f1/news/sauber-reveals-its-2017-f1-challenger-875151/

Me likey.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The answer to your complaint, surely

I really like this post

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

OMG the cars are gorgeous this year. I love them. I described them as 'future retro' to my dad as he was telling me rosberg only retired because he knows he couldnt beat Hamilton in the new cars. My dads a wanker at trolling me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I can't conjure up any more than "yep that sure is a Formula 1 car" for either the Sauber or Williams. Guess we'll have to see how they look in Melbourne.

Pale Ale
Sep 10, 2001

Yeah I know that but do you honestly expect England to even slightly challenge Australia in the finals? They will be demolished.

Next to no sponsors

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I like this.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The lack of sponsors really sets off that new livery.

Edit: :lol: "thumb tip nose"

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

harperdc posted:

I can't conjure up any more than "yep that sure is a Formula 1 car" for either the Sauber or Williams. Guess we'll have to see how they look in Melbourne.

I am sorry that you live life like an autist

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That's the exact opposite of Autism my friend :colbert:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

That's the exact opposite of Autism my friend :colbert:

No it isnt lol

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I'll be honest and say I have no loving clue what this means here

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pale Ale posted:

Next to no sponsors

I work in investment management and Sauber has always struck me as being the F1 equivalent of a shady hedge fund that you just can't seem to understand the underlying finances of. Is it a Ponzi scheme? Is it legit? Who owns the assets? Why the gently caress would they want to own it on the face of it?

They need the sweet, sweet BMW money back imo.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pirate Radar posted:

I'll be honest and say I have no loving clue what this means here

Thats ok and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Blog it next time and I will read it later.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lol at Lewis being forced to tweet about the whole teammates sharing data thing

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/833611556546027520

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/833611804387504128

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sauber choosing to be sponsored by the concept of linear time progression.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

#TeamLH :allears:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

No it isnt lol

:\ One of the major characteristics of "classic" sensory sensitive autism is focusing on the details and not seeing an object as a whole, an autistic person would be able to see the differences between the two cars much quicker than someone without. Inability to focus on anything outside of the person's "bubble" is a thing, but that would be at a time of stress/ visual sensory overload, which is right at at the higher end of the scale and has nothing to do with not being able to tell two simalar objects apart. :colbert:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

:\ One of the major characteristics of "classic" sensory sensitive autism is focusing on the details and not seeing an object as a whole, an autistic person would be able to see the differences between the two cars much quicker than someone without. Inability to focus on anything outside of the person's "bubble" is a thing, but that would be at a time of stress/ visual sensory overload, which is right at at the higher end of the scale and has nothing to do with not being able to tell two simalar objects apart. :colbert:

I guess it was only a matter of time before we went down this particular rabbit hole. Strap in, folks.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What's the next car due to be launched?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo i was joking. Worst thread delivers once again

*edit*
Maybe I should learn the real meaning on 'delivers' before I am instructed in a lengthy post how my wording cannot possibly apply because of 'knowledge*

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 20, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Ok that was a weird double post

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 20, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

What's the next car due to be launched?

Renault tomorrow at their HQ I believe.

e: full schedule-

Monday February 20: Sauber C36, Online

Tuesday February 21: Renault RS17, London

Wednesday February 22: Force India VJM10, Silverstone

Thursday February 23: Mercedes W08, Silverstone

Friday February 24: Ferrari, Fiorano and McLaren MCL32, Woking

Sunday February 26: Red Bull RB13, Online; Haas VF17, Online; Toro Rosso STR12, Barcelona

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What I'm getting from that is that online car launches are for small outfits that wouldn't be able to get people to show up to an IRL event, like Haas, Sauber, and Red Bull.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pirate Radar posted:

What I'm getting from that is that online car launches are for small outfits that wouldn't be able to get people to show up to an IRL event, like Haas, Sauber, and Red Bull.

I think Red Bull's online launch was because they threw a shitfit over having a clashed unveiling with another team. Plus Mateschitz has been increasingly tempestuous about his sugar water money spending in F1 now that the Vettelreich is over.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

I work in investment management and Sauber has always struck me as being the F1 equivalent of a shady hedge fund that you just can't seem to understand the underlying finances of. Is it a Ponzi scheme? Is it legit? Who owns the assets? Why the gently caress would they want to own it on the face of it?

They need the sweet, sweet BMW money back imo.

FOM prize money + two pay drivers = a barely workable F1 budget.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I hope Flashman Finneran makes it to F1

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

HJB posted:

I hope Flashman Finneran makes it to F1

:stare:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
The launches used to be much earlier to the season opener if I recall. I remember McLaren doing a launch which involved Hamilton and Button driving the cars through McLaren HQ for the unvieling. It was pretentious as gently caress.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Not to beat a dead train here but is this really an appropriate response to someone not being excited by a dang Sauber?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't like sharkfins and the swept back rear wing just looks like someone slipped with a skew tool in CAD, but overally it's acceptable. It remains to be seen how good the gold looks on track rather than in a studio. That kind of gold paint often just looks beigey-brown.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Not to beat a dead train here but is this really an appropriate response to someone not being excited by a dang Sauber?

Chill

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Tsaedje posted:

I don't like sharkfins and the swept back rear wing just looks like someone slipped with a skew tool in CAD, but overally it's acceptable. It remains to be seen how good the gold looks on track rather than in a studio. That kind of gold paint often just looks beigey-brown.

Yeah, the sharkfins need to go and the front wings are far too complex (even if they are less complex than in recent years), but I do like the rear wing in general and the tires are cool and good.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The gold is fuckawful but I like the intake design. Loving how they incorporated the sharkfin and left it grey. Really pretty.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There's some weird poo poo going on with those side pods but aside from that I really like the look of these new cars.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Why doesn't Sauber have any sponsors? Where are they getting money from?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

Your mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

wicka posted:

FOM prize money + two pay drivers = a barely workable F1 budget.

• Locked thread