Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I was a NEET, I'd find out about bitcoin even sooner and get that much richer off it gdi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'll never get over being shamed by /r/dereksmart, penthouse of the ivory tower :smith:

I'm still reeling from being kicked out of EvE. This proves Derek wrong and consequently Star Citizen good because:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

So make game into a job?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I really don't understand why these people wouldn't just be happy sitting in front of the old Windows starscape screensaver.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

They still only have one star system. What the hell are CIG even doing? The work environment must be truly catastrophic for their productivity to be so low.

If you take away all the graphics they have practically nothing. A single person could produce ten times the game they've got right now in the time they've had.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So spend 2 days real-time travelling across the PU only to have some CIG employee carrying an espresso trip over the server cord wiping out the progress. And breaking his hands in the process.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Spatial posted:

They still only have one star system. What the hell are CIG even doing? The work environment must be truly catastrophic for their productivity to be so low.

If you take away all the graphics they have practically nothing. A single person could produce ten times the game they've got right now in the time they've had.

Maybe Sandi was actually honest and she really is the most qualified person at CIG?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Colostomy Bag posted:

So spend 2 days real-time travelling across the PU only to have some CIG employee carrying an espresso trip over the server cord wiping out the progress. And breaking his hands in the process.

Amazon employee. Power of the cloud.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sunswipe posted:

I really don't understand why these people wouldn't just be happy sitting in front of the old Windows starscape screensaver.
This could replace CIG's planetary tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zSjpIyMt0k

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Quavers posted:

Amazon employee. Power of the cloud.

"So how far along are Amazon's network techs with SC's netcode?'

"Do you think CIG could sell their new netcode back to Amazon to use in their Lumberyard engine?"

"Its gonna be great for funding when CIG starts licensing out Starengine"

Both utterly sincere questions I've seen asked multiple times. These people are in their own universe.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Great so now Star Citizen is failing and Thermidor didn't make it. When will you goons stop!?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
What is Chris actually explaining in that gif where he waives his hands about? (the one recently linked)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Baxta posted:

Great so now Star Citizen is failing and Thermidor didn't make it. When will you goons stop!?

What. Thermidor failed??

:arghfist::thermidor:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

They could, if it had a Frontier logo on it it would be bullshit and a screensaver but if it had a CIG logo on it it would be amazing and immersive

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

my favorite part of what will be the biggest scam in gaming history is the guys that obviously have digital PTSD from EVE online.

I think there are almost no EVE players here making fun of them as any Goons that play EVE just.....kept playing EVE. There is no way to kick anyone out of that game since there is infinite free space to go live in.

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What. Thermidor failed??

:arghfist::thermidor:

Thermidor posted:

Dear Backers,

We would like to say a "big thank you" for supporting the "Thermidor" project on INDIEGOGO, unfortunately, we did not succeed to raise the necessary funding to move forward at this time and we are evaluating what should be be our next steps from now. In the meantime, we have already decided to prepare a PC playable demo that we will submit to the gaming community once ready. We will keep you posted about our progress and let you know should we decide to relaunch a new campaign either on INDIEGOGO or on another platform.
Thanks again for your support , the HyperDevbox Team.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Spatial posted:

Correction.

They don't even have one star system. They have a star system "template" (Stanton) because all the assets needed for that one star system, aren't even in there yet.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 20, 2017

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pretty sure that the sense of "pledge" as "promised donation to an organization" is the one that would be relevant. "I pledged $1,000 to my church's annual fund drive" and so on. Now, I think they'd utterly fail to show that money given to Star Citizen was a pledge in that sense, especially given the precedent to date, but it has nothing to do with pawn shops.

The point of a charitable pledge is that the pledger expects nothing in return. It is ridiculous for Crobblers and crew to try to argue that buying jpgs is a charitable pledge.

If they suggested that in court, they'd have a hell of a time explaining to… oh… the entire EU (and most likely a number of other places) why they're charging VAT. Insinuating that you're insolvent or that you're committing securities fraud while as part of your legal argument is pretty darn bad; suggesting that you've committed EU-wide VAT fraud on the order of tens of millions of dollars is even worse. :D

And that's before we even get into the whole business of being a registered charity or similar organisation that can actually receive that kind of donation, or the whole business of their very clearly promising the “pledgers” services and goods in return for, and (supposedly) commensurate to those pledges purchases.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The only things backers aren't entitled to refunds for are physical goods and maybe subscription fees.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Scruffyhawk posted:

Thermidor stuff

Just goes to show that no one really likes the French or cares enough to pledge for a game for them.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The only things backers aren't entitled to refunds for are physical goods and maybe subscription fees.

Don't forget when StreetRoller asked for a refund CIG provided a tracking number to PayPal which caused his refund to be denied.

MoMA can come back and explain how the DA asking CIG what the deal was didn't cause them to give a refund since they refunded him out of the goodness of their hearts with no compulsion immediately after the DA made a request for more information from them.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

If they suggested that in court, they'd have a hell of a time explaining to… oh… the entire EU (and most likely a number of other places) why they're charging VAT. Insinuating that you're insolvent or that you're committing securities fraud while as part of your legal argument is pretty darn bad; suggesting that you've committed EU-wide VAT fraud on the order of tens of millions of dollars is even worse. :D

And that's before we even get into the whole business of being a registered charity or similar organisation that can actually receive that kind of donation, or the whole business of their very clearly promising the “pledgers” services and goods in return for, and (supposedly) commensurate to those pledges purchases.

Yeah. Not to mention the physical goods they have yet to fulfill. They're already getting away with getting free money by not refunding subscriptions to their lovely shows.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Those stories are why i dont feel bad for the little devs. They know by now. Get a real job.

So none of it is on the mental ineptitude of the person himself/herself or from parenting, but it's CIG's fault someone is impressionable?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

Welcome back Lazrin, we missed you. Lately, poor MoMA is too busy loving super-models while he travels across the world drinking expensive Jarritos to pay the thread much attention.

Don't be jelly.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

No, you're supposed to be creepy towards MoMA, not Derek!

How could anyone be creepy towards me? I'm young and asian and down for anything.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

How could anyone be creepy towards me? I'm young and asian and down for anything.

Did you just self doxx yourself ?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

it's CIG's fault

:agreed:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

The pledge is still a non-starter here in the US as a Washington Federal court already ruled that it has no crowd-funding protections if a project wasn't on a crowd-funded site. All that poo poo that Shitizens try to use in order to discourage refunds, is just bullshit. Ask MoMa - he knows.

Challenge CIG. I double-dog (Leagle) dare you.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Space Crabs posted:

Don't forget when StreetRoller asked for a refund CIG provided a tracking number to PayPal which caused his refund to be denied.

MoMA can come back and explain how the DA asking CIG what the deal was didn't cause them to give a refund since they refunded him out of the goodness of their hearts with no compulsion immediately after the DA made a request for more information from them.

Oh wow - request for information! VERY compelling.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sappo569 posted:

Did you just self doxx yourself ?

Well... errr.....

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh wow - request for information! VERY compelling.

didn't actually think you would double down on something so stupid but thanks for the late christmas present I guess

"Give me a refund"
"NO"
"Give me a refund"
"NO"
"Hey guys it's the district attorney why haven't you refunded this guy yet"
"WE ALREADY DID REFUND HIM, ITS A COINCIDENCE AND HAPPENED JUST NOW"

no compulsion at all. Nope. None.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Challenge CIG. I double-dog (Leagle) dare you.

I agree with the Asian man Derek. Do the needfull

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

So none of it is on the mental ineptitude of the person himself/herself or from parenting, but it's CIG's fault someone is impressionable?

So you are saying people who work at CIG are brainwashed and stupid for working there?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hmmmm....Asian......fan of kickstarted designer belts.....has inside info.

Things are starting to add up about MOMA here.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hail satin

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That's very sad news for all the HyperDevBox fan

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Page 666

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sappo569 posted:

Hail satin

:toot: hail CIG

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Cheers MoMA: https://clips.twitch.tv/disco_lando/PuzzledLlamaThunBeast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If the TOS includes provisions that bar refunds and also allows them to close accounts at any time for any reason, why aren't they just closing the accounts of the people they no longer want involved in the community and keeping the money like the TOS says they can instead of banning them AND giving back their money?

When you think about it they're rewarding leavers with their money and punishing the whales by squeezing them harder to pay for refunds.

Those poor whales.