Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Red posted:

No one in comics fucks up as much as Doc Samson.

Dr. Druid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Lurdiak posted:

Dr. Druid.

At least he could do a sharp A/V setup and help you troubleshoot it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Thor God Of Thunder #7:

Fuckin' time travel, man.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I liked Gwenpool at first but her being super callous about everyone's lives even if they're 'just fictional' to her is starting to rub me the wrong way

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I liked Gwenpool at first but her being super callous about everyone's lives even if they're 'just fictional' to her is starting to rub me the wrong way

I got the impression this is all leading to a rude wake up call regarding precisely that.

She ended her time with Spider-Man in tears due to her attitude going over extremely poorly.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
This was posted in the Touching Panels thread a while ago:

Pureauthor posted:

Gwenpool #10

After several issues of the universe smacking it into Gwen's head that actions have consequences, comic book world or not, she mounts an operation to rescue her colleagues/friends from an army of alien squid weapon dealers. For once she planned it out with a mind to avoiding civilian casualties (although at one point she decided to hold innocent bystanders hostage in order to convince a third party to help her). At the end of it all, she's successful and feeling pretty good about herself.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanderer posted:

She's supposed to have superhuman strength (the 5-ton range or so), but I honestly can't think of a story offhand where she actually uses it. Jessica does a lot of scrapping in the Hopeless run, but it's rarely the kind of wall-busting activity that you'd expect.

By rights, she's got a very flexible power set: strength, wall-climbing, pheromones, and the venom blasts. She's just coming off a long stretch as a character where she's rarely allowed to be as competent as she used to be.

Anything's better than 'naked hostage girl'.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Ghostlight posted:

It's Secret Wars Journal #3.

[Captain Marvel #10]

Thanks! :)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Alacron posted:

When that artist finally goes Gwenpool is just going to fall off the earth, isn't she?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Nilbop posted:

When that artist finally goes Gwenpool is just going to fall off the earth, isn't she?

While whoever replaces gurihiru is almost guaranteed to be significantly worse, no. But it'll die the moment hastings gets forced out

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

He raises a valid point. Why would a giant mutant killing machine be programmed to feel heartbreak?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Because the kind of mad scientist inclined to create a mutant killing weapon of mass destruction tends to be an rear end in a top hat.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

People were talking about individual gently caress-ups before, but I don't think any group is more of a bunch of gently caress-ups than the Sentinels.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Maduo posted:

People were talking about individual gently caress-ups before, but I don't think any group is more of a bunch of gently caress-ups than the Sentinels.

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5v2RdxYGqk

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Which is odd, because they've always been effective villains-in their own right, even, thanks to the Master Mold mess-in the comics. On the other hand they've also tried to take over humanity for their own good.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 19, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

If your giant mutant killing machine can be defeated by Jubilee its time to go back to the loving drawing board.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I always love this because supposedly Cyclops should be able to hit anything he's looking at.

Yet somehow he misses those giant Sentinels.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alhazred posted:

If your giant mutant killing machine can be defeated by Jubilee Beast its time to go back to the loving drawing board.

At least Jubilee is firing EXPLOSIONS. And didn't get arrested. When your giant killer robots can be killed by "It's a gorilla(?) person", you went for the lowest bidder.

Bloodly posted:

Which is odd, because they've always been effective villains-in their own right, even, thanks to the Master Mold mess-in the comics. On the other hand they've also tried to take over humanity for their own good.

While not "Funny", I remember the guy who decided to give funding for Master Mold was pissy at mutants because a time traveling Master Mold killed their loved one in the crossfire :v:

Bonus contrived irony. He was extra mad at mutants because a random healer was all "Sorry, I'd love to help but the writers gave me mutant healing powers that only heal mutants".

Fake Edit: drat, now I'm remembering reading about Nimrod in the comics well after seeing the cartoon, and being amazed he became a vigilante with a construction worker secret identity :allears: (And then logic looping time traveling Master Mold into killing himself). I thought you were dumb as poo poo in the cartoon, but you turned out to be a pretty okay killer robot from the future, Nimrod.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Ghostbusters Deviations has the Ghostbusters not crossing the streams at the end of the movie, and Manhattan is now ruled by Gozer. Luckily Gozer hates the form he's stuck in and wants to make a deal to try and fix him.

Later

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

Fake Edit: drat, now I'm remembering reading about Nimrod in the comics well after seeing the cartoon, and being amazed he became a vigilante with a construction worker secret identity :allears: (And then logic looping time traveling Master Mold into killing himself). I thought you were dumb as poo poo in the cartoon, but you turned out to be a pretty okay killer robot from the future, Nimrod.

Didn't he fuse with Bastion at one point?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah that's a great book. I posted this in the old Licensed Comic thread. It's by Kelly Thompson who is doing a great job on Hawkeye right now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

X-O posted:

Yeah that's a great book. I posted this in the old Licensed Comic thread. It's by Kelly Thompson who is doing a great job on Hawkeye right now.

Thank you, now I don't have to ask "why isn't Gozer screaming at them in ancient Sumerian?"

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Red posted:

We all joke about having something corny on our tombstone, but By God, one man was tacky enough to do it.

I love that Deadpool's series is making a running joke out of Wade having someone dig up Samson's grave for the hell of it.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Not a funny panel but classic?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because the kind of mad scientist inclined to create a mutant killing weapon of mass destruction tends to be an rear end in a top hat.

So clearly Rick Sanchez was employed by Trask Industries at some point.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Alacron posted:

So, uh, is Gwenpool supposed to be an anti-fangirl treatise? Because the panels I've seen in this and other threads seem to be about half and half 'lol I'm so wacky' and 'you are hosed in the head', and I'm kind of wondering how long until she snaps and tries to destroy the Marvel Universe just so she can get out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

So, uh, is Gwenpool supposed to be an anti-fangirl treatise? Because the panels I've seen in this and other threads seem to be about half and half 'lol I'm so wacky' and 'you are hosed in the head', and I'm kind of wondering how long until she snaps and tries to destroy the Marvel Universe just so she can get out.

So... Infinite Crisis?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Detective No. 27 posted:

So... Infinite Crisis?

Gwenfinite Crisis

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

X-O posted:

:colbert:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

So clearly Rick Sanchez was employed by Trask Industries at some point.

"What is my purpose?"
"You murder minorities."
"Oh my god."

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

WickedHate posted:

"What is my purpose?"
"You murder minorities."
"Oh my god."

"It's okay M03TY. They aren't real people."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

Gwenpool is basically a lighthearted parody of a specific type of comic fan. She is not a bad person but is completely incapable of grasping that she may live in a comic world now but that doesn't mean the world does't have consequences for the people in it. She basically has to be heading for a moment where she realizes that comic character or no these people suffer when she does poo poo to them.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
It's not exactly a super new concept. There's been more than a few stories of 'character gets transported to fictional setting, doesn't treat anything that happens there as real or treat anyone there as though they're real people who have lives, eventually this has horrible consequences'. It's basically the response to 'well I'd be TOTALLY awesome if I was in this setting'.

What I'm curious about is how long before someone has her go after some powerful mystical artifact or another because she has the knowledge that only someone who's obsessed with the minutiae of the Marvel Universe would really have.

That, or have her in a clash with the CONTINUI-TEENS, the group of teenagers who try to make sure all the events of the marvel universe go the way they're supposed to because they found a few longboxes of Marvel Comics that floated into the swamp of the Nexus of All Realities.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

KaosMachina posted:

What I'm curious about is how long before someone has her go after some powerful mystical artifact or another because she has the knowledge that only someone who's obsessed with the minutiae of the Marvel Universe would really have.

I dunno. Does Marvel even have something equivalent to the Medusa Mask?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Cangelosi posted:

I dunno. Does Marvel even have something equivalent to the Medusa Mask?

I mean, all you need to do is go 'Hey, I remember this thing from this obscure marvel comic from the 60s where they dumped off some artifact in this remote area and then never picked that obviously dropped plotline back up! Score for me!'

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ImpAtom posted:

Gwenpool is basically a lighthearted parody of a specific type of comic fan.

Autistic?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

That's all of them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

KaosMachina posted:

I mean, all you need to do is go 'Hey, I remember this thing from this obscure marvel comic from the 60s where they dumped off some artifact in this remote area and then never picked that obviously dropped plotline back up! Score for me!'

There is approximately 8 billion of those.

For the record, if I was in the Marvel Universe I'd be either exactly the same or dead from getting in an online argument with someone who turned out to be a demon in human form or Eddie Brock or something.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

There is approximately 8 billion of those.

For the record, if I was in the Marvel Universe I'd be either exactly the same or dead from getting in an online argument with someone who turned out to be a demon in human form or Eddie Brock or something.

You'd be safe as long as you stayed generally polite and didn't bump into some quiet loner then go "hey buddy, you got a problem or something?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If Punisher can spend his downtime baiting and killing pedos on the internet, there's no way freaking Sin-eater or something isn't googling himself nonstop and making a "to-murder" list.