Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If DDP doesn't at least do one cutter at the HoF, I'll be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FES9IEejPmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

DDP has alway been in the Hall of Fame of my heart.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sandman McMahon posted:

DDP has alway been in the Hall of Fame of my heart.

:same:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the reason for the stalker gimmick? DDP pissed off someone or they were just loving morons as usual?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

DoctorGonzo posted:

Whats the reason for the stalker gimmick? DDP pissed off someone or they were just loving morons as usual?

What I get is that it just really wasn't a good match. DDP was already an older wrestler and probably not a guy they were sticking with long term, his way of scripting matches to a T is something everyone hated doing, they weren't in the habit of making WCW guys look good, he was stuck with the Undertaker who is one of those old school guys and IIRC a big advocate of "we shouldn't have to make any of them look good" and stuff. Just a huge set of bad circumstances.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They thought to devalue WCW and what they built with DDP by making him a dumb joke.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Whatever stupid booking decisions they made back then (and there was more than a few), they can never take away that pop after DDP/The Stalker took the mask off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bI_6FI6FZ0Q

I mean, god drat.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Man I hope Jake and Scott simultaneously induct him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

DDP made it out alive.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ok then

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/833777276177166336

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WM 33 is going to suck.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

The_Rob posted:

HHH was a guy who was driven but was never that cool or creative. He had a bunch of friends who were talented and cool and he used it to leverage a longer and more profitable career. He really is the bono of pro wrestling.

How many Courics is Triple HH then?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

this is a pretty exciting permutation of the "we have nothing else for you" spot

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

When did hosts for mania become a thing? They don't offer anything. Not to mention it's not like the rock where the rock being there might bring In a few casual fans. The only people who know new day are wwe fans.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone REALLY want see them wrestle? Their pre-match preamble is the best part.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

rovert posted:

Does anyone REALLY want see them wrestle? Their pre-match preamble is the best part.

Aw, I wouldn't be that harsh on them. I think all three are talented workers, even if Big E is going to someday die doing a big guy dive. I will say that they haven't had a compelling angle in forever so I wouldn't be that bummed about them not getting a match at Mania, though.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

rovert posted:

they are all very good wrestlers so yes, i would like to see good wrestlers wrestling at wrestlemania

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
New day are all good wrestlers so yes I'd like to see them wrestle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

they are all very good wrestlers so yes, i would like to see good wrestlers wrestling at wrestlemania

Well Hulk Hogan needs a return segment and that's that.

This is Bayley's hometown: https://twitter.com/SAPCenter/status/833736751416016898

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

abraham linksys posted:

Aw, I wouldn't be that harsh on them. I think all three are talented workers, even if Big E is going to someday die doing a big guy dive. I will say that they haven't had a compelling angle in forever so I wouldn't be that bummed about them not getting a match at Mania, though.

It's kinda hard to have a compelling angle after you absolutely killed your entire division for over a year

Look at Jay Lethal in ROH

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

rovert posted:

I will consider this an acceptable trade if they force Hulk Hogan to wrestle so he can disintegrate into dust at last

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Considering they're definitely going to bring Hogan back soon, putting him in a segment with three black wrestlers to prove he's totally not racist is unsurprising.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Julio Cruz posted:

I did not know that was even there, thanks.

I literally only found out about it myself like two weeks ago :)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rovert posted:

This is Bayley's hometown: https://twitter.com/SAPCenter/status/833736751416016898

what's the logic of wrestlers losing in their home towns again? not really interested in going to this if it's going to be bayley losing the title after three weeks (again) and I guess Roman in the main event

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Delsaber posted:

They'll be all up ons!
I appreciate this post.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what's the logic of wrestlers losing in their home towns again? not really interested in going to this if it's going to be bayley losing the title after three weeks (again) and I guess Roman in the main event
Spite.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They hate their audience

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The_Rob posted:

New day are all good wrestlers so yes I'd like to see them wrestle

I wonder if New Day is not talking to Rovert and that's why he's trying to burn them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're absolutely introducing Hogan and shaking his hand

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well yes, the blizz pizz love him

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what's the logic of wrestlers losing in their home towns again?

It puts HEAT on the heel, so that the next time they're in town, people want to see the local babyface get revenge and also :hurr:

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
It is unfortunate that Kanyon can't run in on DDP's hall of fame speech and give him a Kanyon Cutter.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Rocks gonna be at raw tonight but propably not on camera as he's there to shoot the aj/paige match (with tessa blanchard and rosita) for his dumb movie after they go off the air

Also they keep calling the AJ character "the diva's champion" and dont mention her name :laffo:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i wonder if they're still going to fire her despite this movie being made

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm not fully understanding how this Paige movie is happening unless it's the WWE taking a jab at Paige and this is going to be like the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior

Or is it independent of the WWE but somehow they're willing to let it happen or something ?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gatts posted:

I'm not fully understanding how this Paige movie is happening unless it's the WWE taking a jab at Paige and this is going to be like the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior

Or is it independent of the WWE but somehow they're willing to let it happen or something ?

Dwayne's studio wanted it made, and they don't want to piss off Dwayne

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I don't understand why The Rock is even making the movie.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he liked watching that weird as hell small time carny family interact in the documentary

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Obviously Dwayne really wants Paige to succeed for some reason???? Is this the equivalent of Triple H protecting his indie guys, like, instead it's The Rock protecting Paige from dismissal?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

From what I've seen Paige and her family have had almost zero involvement with the project so I'm guessing Rock saw the documentary, decided to make it into a drama film and the project was already too far underway when Paige turned out to have coke filled holes in her brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I just thought I'd share something BIG with you Feed Me Morons (tm):

• Locked thread