Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J
Jun 10, 2001

God damnit I play a 2h character of some sort like every league and that mace makes me really want to start with EQ jugg.

edit: it's a loving boat anchor who doesn't want to hit things with a boat anchor

J fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

J posted:

God damnit I play a 2h character of some sort like every league and that mace makes me really want to start with EQ jugg.

edit: it's a loving boat anchor who doesn't want to hit things with a boat anchor

Only if it launches with 3d art, which unfortunately a lot of the time new uniques don't. :(

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Aren't some builds like siege ballista able to get over 1k dex? the main problem would be filling in the resists with unique boots.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Aren't some builds like siege ballista able to get over 1k dex? the main problem would be filling in the resists with unique boots.

Yeah, but that only gets you about as much life as you would out of a normal pair of boots. Better really like that ground immunity. No one uses the shaper gloves and you can get more than twice the life out of them.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 21, 2017

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
So I decided to google "how to run poe on a lovely pc" and jesus christ now I can enjoy the game while working on the fields. God drat it this game is gooooooooooood.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Looks like staves are changing too, that unique highborn staff has about 14% lower base damage and higher implicit block chance (18% over current Highborn's 12%) than the base on live servers.

e: Also there are 10 ballista builds so 1600 or 1800 dex, depending on whether they have ancestral bond. I don't think the new boots will actually be a great option for anything outside of Iron Commander or Dreamfeather builds, but they're decent.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 21, 2017

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

J posted:

What would be the ascendancy order for a build like this? Unstoppable, Unflinching, Unrelenting, Unyielding?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Cheap Trick posted:

What would be the ascendancy order for a build like this? Unstoppable, Unflinching, Unrelenting, Unyielding?

Yes.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Chris Wilson posted:

We know that when we get the player to the Atlas, we own the player's soul. Their income is basically tied to the company at that point.

:lol:

I loving love you Chris.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
That staff looks kinda neat, would it be a good idea to do some kind of templar EQ build with it that does fire conversion and avatar of fire?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

panda clue posted:

:lol:

I loving love you Chris.

According to the man himself on reddit he said 'Tithed' but it's just as great a comment either way.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Tabletops posted:

Have you tried burning arrow? You could probably swap your CTI gem for something else due to the inherent cti on burning arrow. Ba has crazy dmg as well, with a dying sun and a +1 quiver you wouldn't need a gmp or LMP either.

Edit: holy poo poo those boots though on a dream feather or kotf? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1836420

Iron Commander. :shepface:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I read about those uniques when I had just woken up this morning and thought "Allright, those boots are decent I guess but the -1 life per dex is kind of a bummer".

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Someone in guild wanted me to link my build just now, so reposting this:

Doomfletch CI Pathfinder

Main link: Tornado Shot - Increased Critical Strikes - Phys Proj Attack Damage - Weapon Ele Damage - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Pierce
Self explanatory

Secondary link: Frenzy - Culling Strike - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Increased Crits - GMP/Enhance (makes Ele Weak a lot stronger)/Power Charge on Crit (used this before I had Skyforth)
Generates charges, culls bosses, curses bosses

Auras: Discipline + Purity of Elements + Herald of Ice Curse on Hit Poacher's Mark, use Assassin's Mark if you don't have Skyforth obviously

Shaper run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy7MsC0kqEY

I didn't have Skyforth at the time.

Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters?characterName=PanPanPan

I did the calculations and full ele conversion with Reach of the Council + Signal Fire does a bit less than this setup (AKA Signal Shot build, which is a standard build using the strongest mirrored Harbinger bow in the game). Poison Reach of the Council does about the same damage, but most of it is from poison so it's worse at leeching and worse at frontloading damage for clear speed. Also, Slower Proj + Reach of the Council shoots very slow arrows. That said, you can just ignore resists because nothing has much armor or chaos resist. Assassin KotF build would do more than this, but good luck fitting that build which relies on Snakebite/Cospri's chest for poison into a 10k ES shell.

E: I don't know if I said this before but I can farm Shaper, Uber Atziri, and Hall of Grandmasters pretty easily. Not Hardcore easy since I might die in all of those fights, but I basically will never run out of portals farming them and can likely do all of them deathless (1 death Uber Atziri both tries).

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 21, 2017

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
So... that's a ton of new acts :stare: And getting rid of Cruel and Merciless?? Yeah, I'll definitely be getting back into this when the expansion drops.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Someone in guild wanted me to link my build just now, so reposting this:

Doomfletch CI Pathfinder

Main link: Tornado Shot - Increased Critical Strikes - Phys Proj Attack Damage - Weapon Ele Damage - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Pierce
Self explanatory

Secondary link: Frenzy - Culling Strike - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Increased Crits - GMP/Enhance (makes Ele Weak a lot stronger)/Power Charge on Crit (used this before I had Skyforth)
Generates charges, culls bosses, curses bosses

Auras: Discipline + Purity of Elements + Herald of Ice Curse on Hit Poacher's Mark, use Assassin's Mark if you don't have Skyforth obviously

Shaper run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy7MsC0kqEY

I didn't have Skyforth at the time.

Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters?characterName=PanPanPan

I did the calculations and full ele conversion with Reach of the Council + Signal Fire does a bit less than this setup (AKA Signal Shot build, which is a standard build using the strongest mirrored Harbinger bow in the game). Poison Reach of the Council does about the same damage, but most of it is from poison so it's worse at leeching and worse at frontloading damage for clear speed. Also, Slower Proj + Reach of the Council shoots very slow arrows. That said, you can just ignore resists because nothing has much armor or chaos resist. Assassin KotF build would do more than this, but good luck fitting that build which relies on Snakebite/Cospri's chest for poison into a 10k ES shell.

E: I don't know if I said this before but I can farm Shaper, Uber Atziri, and Hall of Grandmasters pretty easily. Not Hardcore easy since I might die in all of those fights, but I basically will never run out of portals farming them and can likely do all of them deathless (1 death Uber Atziri both tries).

I ran a Life based evasion Raider Doomfletch prism and seeing your video way earlier in the thread convinced me to run it as a pathfinder CI as my starter for next league. It's such a strong build and CI will shore up a lot of the weakpoints I found in the build, i.e. not having enough life to tank through big hits and the randomness of evasion being a crappy damage mitigation system. Also chaos. jesus christ gently caress chaos damage. I made my first CI guy this league and it was amazing sleepwalking through all the things that have caused me headaches.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Decided to yolo-ex an item I was giving away on standard. I hate myself.

(exalted flat armour)

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
How'd you get that enchant on a chestpiece?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm a hacker

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
throw on another exalt

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Allready gave it away

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
make them exalt it

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

J posted:

I talk myself out of doing a permastun build every league because half the bosses can't be stunned anymore, the ones that can are basically impossible without that broken legacy Facebreakers/Abyssus/Warchief combo and it's difficult making a build with enough damage, the stun nodes and that's tanky enough to wear an Abyssus in Hardcore. Plus you get that mobs can't be stunned map mod that shouldn't even exist which kills half your build.

Plus you almost want to do something like a Champion because otherwise your first 2 links for your heavy strike are non-damaging ones and then you kind of want Fortify, even though Slayer and Juggernaut are probably the better options, so it's a bit of a drag needing a 5 or 6 link on what's sort of a league starter.

Otherwise though the one I did back in Tempest or some poo poo was fun and it'll be easier to work around that Ground Slam jewel if they're changing the threshold on all of them. You don't technically need a stun aoe skill like Ground Slam anymore either because most mobs die in one hit. You can use Earthquake for clearing and Heavy Strike for your boss /rare stuns. Or go full hipster and use DomBlow as your aoe

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

the ones that can are basically impossible without that broken legacy Facebreakers/Abyssus/Warchief combo

Have I got good news for you!

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

The March Hare posted:

Have I got good news for you!

But then you don't get to use the cool new unique

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Wait wrong game

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 21, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

what

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

its marvel heroes!

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Jusupov posted:

Ah they went with the minimum number for a battalion

If you have to kill stuff with multiple heroes or kill demons + bosses it'll show up as 0/2 which is a shame

This is indeed a real shame. About the mystic mysteries of the demon battalion.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

why

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We have crossed arpg streams !!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's still better than some posts

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Fun as 2.6 sounds I'm leaning toward skipping it because I don't want to burn out with 3.0 around the corner. I played more hc breach than I have any previous league and even after a few weeks off of that I'm worn out on goblin clicking. The one thing that would be tempting is testing out some starter builds for 3.0, but it sounds like they've got major mechanical/balance changes in mind for the expansion which would make that hard to do.

On that note, has there been any more indication on what those changes are? I'm completely down with the ES nerf, and hopefully double dipping will go down right alongside it.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

euphronius posted:

We have crossed arpg streams !!

Indeed, sometimes i like to imagine what would've happened to Marvel Heroes if it had a competent dev team behind it like GGG. :allears:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

madstrike posted:

Indeed, sometimes i like to imagine what would've happened to Marvel Heroes if it had a competent dev team behind it like GGG. :allears:

Marvel Heroes is an education in how to waste a license

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm learning the new systems.

The prophecy system .. what is the point ? Just spice of life ?

The atlas .. I don't understand at all. Are map drops limited only to what you've discovered ?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

The atlas .. I don't understand at all. Are map drops limited only to what you've discovered ?

You can get any t1 map where a t1 map can drop. From there you need to develop your atlas. T2 and above can only drop if you have it unlocked, or if you're in a map adjacent to it. Each map unlocked gives a 1% bonus chance of a map dropping being one tier higher than it originally rolled.. At 100 maps unlocked the chance is 100%. At 101 maps you have a 1% chance of it being +2 tiers.

On top of that you can apply sextants to the maps (gives a bunch of mods to the maps you run), and you can shape maps (which upgrades a map by 5 tiers). You get a very limited number of shaper orbs to do this.

This makes it possible to 'engineer' your atlas to only give you the high end returns you want.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atlas_of_Worlds Wiki on atlas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN699ygCo2s fairly simple map shaping guide for t10+ maps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks that made sense

I tried it on standard with a stash of like 100 maps from previous leagues so it was not as clear what the gently caress was going on.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm thinking of running a WI build for 2.6, just wondering, what kinda price does WI usually go for in the first handful of days into the League?

I imagine that early on the increased unique availability from people running Perandus etc won't really have come into effect much yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
WI is usually 1c pretty fast. It's a very common unique.

• Locked thread