Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Cartoon posted:

The Rudy is possibly the best (as in fun out of the box, OP) premium I have bought. Unfortunately that puts it in my never to be played garage with the E-25. That poo poo is just not fair/a challenge/why I play this awful game. Dog is awesome however.

Talk me out of the SU-122-44.

Also look who's back!

:toughguy:

I sure hope he doesn't come after me in game. :ohdear: I might get some of his blood on me. eeewwww!

Keep prodding him. Relenlessly challenge him to a 1v1 and if he refuses, call him a coward. If he accepts, tell him you don't waste your time on garbage. Either way he'll erupt and we'll have a laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I only run food on my Church3, and that's because I find 1.85 seconds reload time fun.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

You don't remember 10 arty, 1 scouts, 4 heavies on Murovanka?
Those were the good times.

I remember some "several of the same tank per side" matches (ELCs, Type 59s, etc.), but not 20-24 SPGs in a single game. Maybe it didn't happen in any of my games, maybe it did and I've just blocked it out mentally due to the trauma. :shrug:

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

The FV4005 is such a silly tank.

HAY GUISE I LIEK TEH FV4005! DO YUO LIEK IT TO???!? :downs:

I'm headed up that line too. :ssh:

HFX posted:

I don't remember the T-34-85 being that drat good. Did it get buffed?

The T-34-85 has always been so good that it was one of my favorite tanks years ago when I grinded it and I was...more mediocre than I am now? I think I managed a 60% WR in it when my overall was closer to 50%. No real reason to keep both it and the Rudy though if you have the latter (barring some weird Tourney rules if anyone actually still does those.)

Cardiac posted:

The T-34-85 have always been good (didn't play it with the old 100 mm), but it is a perfect mix of speed, alpha, penetration and decent armour (well, turret armour) for a tier6.
It is my tank with the highest number of medals for killing tier8 tanks.
The T-43 is basically the same tank and sees tier9s, which says something about the T-34-85.

This was always my criticism of the T-43; the same tank a tier higher is quite "meh" regardless of how good the tier 6 was.

HFX posted:

Duzzy just pointed out to me that I am probably confusing the T-34-85 with the T-43. The T-43 has such great features as having both the ammo-rack and fuel tank on the front right of the tank. 2 for one chance to explode! I do feel the A-43 to A-44 is analogous to the T-34-85 to T-43 jump.

Just checked the patch notes, apparently they gave it the good 85MM a while back. Before that it had the anemic one and the 1D10T gun which you wanted because you fought T9 tanks with it.

I thought about buying it again this weekend since it was on sale, but figured why bother since I already have a Rudy and T-34-85M.

This, except the A-44 is significantly more painful than the T-43. :ohdear:

Meta-Mollusk posted:

T-34-85 and Type 58 were such enjoyable tanks to play that I'm considering doing something dumb like buying the Rudy or T-34-85M if they pop up at a reasonable price at some point. Apparently the M kinda sucks, but perhaps the upcoming buffs will make it worthwhile.

The 85M, post-gun-buff will be in a weird place where it trades mobility for armor, except I'm not sure how much the extra armor is going to matter. That's not to say it doesn't need the buff, but we'll see how it does once people actually start driving them!

ROFLburger posted:

What's the deal with the T49? It has a comical amount of alpha but garbage pen. Is it designed to slam dunk arty and on more armored vehicles, just damage modules/crew members?

Something something land-arty....

Azhais posted:

I never waste a slot on an extinguisher. I get set on fire at worst 5% of my games. I'd rather carry food or a second repair kit

Two kits are one thing but the food will probably negate any profitability. I don't run my tanks with food, but I'd have trouble seeing the benefit of doing so over the drawback of making no progress in terms of credit generation. Not saying you can't do it, it's just not for everybody.

Cartoon posted:

Also look who's back!

I sure hope he doesn't come after me in game. :ohdear: I might get some of his blood on me. eeewwww!

The 122-44 is the best/worst tank in the game, just like the Comet.

Also, LOL @ the "total battles=skill" pubbie. :rolleyes: Apparently ALL CAPS and a few tens of thousands of battles makes this guy 1337 AF.... You should introduce him to Definder, maybe this dude's head will explode. :psyboom:

i'm getting a lot of random people sending me messages in garage, i wonder if screenshotting and sending a support ticket actually accomplished something

If they're saying things that are actually prohibited (e.g. racist stuff, "kill yourself IRL", etc.) then yeah, they can get chatbanned.

latest one a unicum said "gently caress you" because i scored higher than he did

The proper response to this is along the lines of "umad?" or "yess, your tears are so delicious!"

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This has to be a dualboxing bot or something.

Like, an actual computer with a lovely script dualboxing a bot with a shittier script.

And/or "DOC" is actually 82 years old and plays this game for some reason. :stare: I mean, if I was that old and in my twilight years I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time on WoT (unless as a form of assisted suicide.)

Who am I kidding, I'm going to be playing this game when I'm 90. :sigh:

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Atomizer posted:

The T-34-85 has always been so good that it was one of my favorite tanks years ago when I grinded it and I was...more mediocre than I am now? I think I managed a 60% WR in it when my overall was closer to 50%. No real reason to keep both it and the Rudy though if you have the latter (barring some weird Tourney rules if anyone actually still does those.)

This was always my criticism of the T-43; the same tank a tier higher is quite "meh" regardless of how good the tier 6 was.

What always surprises me is even though on paper it isn't that great I have fairly good stats in it. 63% W/R and 1600 WN8 ,only average 900 dmg because I was bad when I went up that line. But it's decent at that tier.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yo E= MC Hammer, do you have fourty premium tanks and are you free-XPing up an entire line to the Conway and FV4005...and the UDES?

And did you free-XP up the japanese heavy line and skip the O-Ho to get the Type 4?!?

:stare:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cartoon posted:

The Rudy is possibly the best (as in fun out of the box, OP) premium I have bought. Unfortunately that puts it in my never to be played garage with the E-25. That poo poo is just not fair/a challenge/why I play this awful game. Dog is awesome however.

Also look who's back!

Some of those people really do hold a grudge.
I pissed one off a ways back and he made it a personal mission to nail me every game he saw me in till I listened to him. He's almost off his ban for team killing

Hellsau posted:

In the past week, DOC1935 has played 273 games with an average tier of 6.59, and averaged 208 damage. 50 of those games were in an IS-6, a tank that would double their average damage with one penning shot - they apparently average only 328 damage in the IS-6, less than one penning shot per game.

I would feel comfortable with Wargaming banning this account with no further review.

Either that or the orderlies at the state mental hospital have to turn the computer on for him

Atomizer posted:

I remember some "several of the same tank per side" matches (ELCs, Type 59s, etc.), but not 20-24 SPGs in a single game. Maybe it didn't happen in any of my games, maybe it did and I've just blocked it out mentally due to the trauma. :shrug:

I've seen 3 on 3 T26E4s. It would have been glorious if any of the idiots on my team knew where to pen the very tank they drive.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 21, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yo E= MC Hammer, do you have fourty premium tanks and are you free-XPing up an entire line to the Conway and FV4005...and the UDES?

And did you free-XP up the japanese heavy line and skip the O-Ho to get the Type 4?!?

:stare:

Let me say this about that.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I had an unparalleled amount of luck from those christmas boxes. Gotta spend that gold somewhere...

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Atomizer posted:

As a Type 59-haver let me tell you: it's not that great (particularly anymore.) The FCM50 is a better pref 8, at least for my playstyle.

The Type-59 is still the best tier 8 medium and a very strong tank overall.

Desuwa posted:

Even by WG standards the 252U is absurd.

The powercreep with these t8 premiums is just unbearable. I bitched about the IS-3A because it was basically a second IS-3 but then the M4 49, Patriot, and now the 252U make it look significantly behind the curve.

I don't even like playing my IS-6 much now that I've come back for a weekend because patriots are very common and they just shred it. At least WG is making is easier to quit again.

WG did away with pref-MM tanks so they had to make new Tier 8 premiums stronger and have been buffing the poo poo out of the older tier 8 non-prefs to make them more competitive in higher tier matches. This development has actually been one of the better things WG has done over the last few years.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

warcrimes posted:

WG did away with pref-MM tanks so they had to make new Tier 8 premiums stronger and have been buffing the poo poo out of the older tier 8 non-prefs to make them more competitive in higher tier matches. This development has actually been one of the better things WG has done over the last few years.

Agreed. Now if they'd only buff the non-premium tier 8s so they aren't laughably terrible compared to the new premiums. Who the hell would play the KV-4 when they could play the AMX M4 49? The T26E5 goes faster than many tier 8 mediums and has actual armor and a great gun. If they'd buff all the tier 8s up to the level of the new premiums, then they might actually be slightly competitive in tier 10 battles.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Atomizer posted:

HAY GUISE I LIEK TEH FV4005! DO YUO LIEK IT TO???!? :downs:

I'm headed up that line too. :ssh:

Hey gently caress you guy, I didn't choose this tank, this tank chose me.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Agreed. Now if they'd only buff the non-premium tier 8s so they aren't laughably terrible compared to the new premiums. Who the hell would play the KV-4 when they could play the AMX M4 49? The T26E5 goes faster than many tier 8 mediums and has actual armor and a great gun. If they'd buff all the tier 8s up to the level of the new premiums, then they might actually be slightly competitive in tier 10 battles.

But then they would poo poo all over lower tiers (not like they don't already). I kind of want a mod that tracks type of tank I am in, matchmaker tier, and spawn, along with outcome both personal and team.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

But then they would poo poo all over lower tiers (not like they don't already). I kind of want a mod that tracks type of tank I am in, matchmaker tier, and spawn, along with outcome both personal and team.

Maybe that's why they're buffing the VK3002D even when it really does not need any further buffs - they'll buff the best tier 7s and then buff the rest up to their level after testing to see if they can compete with the new tier 8s.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Just a casual afternoon in an OP tier 6 medium tank with a stupidly good gun that hits and pens almost everything

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The buffed Revalorise is ridiculous. This is basically an average battle.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so i see the game is so toxic it killed poshy finally.. hes in a better place now..where there is no world of tanks https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/5v7ndq/streamer_dies_during_24_hour_livestream/

but im not saying its true because i dont know though i dont doubt it

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cartoon posted:

These might do it.
http://imgur.com/DvseEzw

http://imgur.com/zZOvcZo

http://imgur.com/i249PYN

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Turmoilx posted:

so i see the game is so toxic it killed poshy finally.. hes in a better place now..where there is no world of tanks https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamFail/comments/5v7ndq/streamer_dies_during_24_hour_livestream/

I'm the posts about sleep deprivation not being detrimental to your health.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

yeah yeah lemme skim through and find my best replay http://wotreplays.com/site/3126867#arctic_region-turmoilx-su-122-44

i guess if you play a lot its worth it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

MariusLecter posted:

drink lots of water, sleep as much as your body wants to, and eat good food everybody

and then you'll live a long life and can therefore experience the greatest amount of suffering playing this game seriously i was on my gimmick account and would routinely get top 5 damage/xp on my team by shooting tanks on my way to the highest point of the map so that i could jump off of it and suicide, i'm killing myself and still outperforming these useless fucks, how the gently caress do you people play when you actually care about winning and getting xp?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

i'm the dad with hundreds of hours of live video of my son committing slow suicide

no wait i'm the posters calling it an isolated incident

no wait i'm the guy saying it's "uplifting to think he died raising money for children"

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

The Revalorisé is pretty ridiculous after the buff. It's like a T34 with better mobility and DPM.

More like a T34 with worse pen and turret armour, but better mobility and accuracy.
But yeah.
The shell speed on the Reval is just great and the tank is just amazing with the shell speed in combination with your Auto-aim mod (still not banned).
Just right click, left-click and the enemy tank wonders what happened. I have lost track of the number of times when I have hit a LT on the move simply using auto-aim.
Negatives are the long reload and non-existent armour which makes it an easy target when alone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Will the M4 ravioli be in the premium shop again?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Will the M4 ravioli be in the premium shop again?

Er, isn't it in the ingame shop?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey Desuwa, remember that last battle we were just in? It was down to me in my full-HP Leo Proto vs a 1-shot T110E5 and a ~1/2 HP Jagzilla. I circled around the map to throw them off, dove in, took out the E5 while taking his shot to my rack. With ~1400 HP left I took the Jagzilla's shot to the rack on the other side and blew up! :suicide:

How's that for luck? Go untouched for ~13 minutes and the only two hits are ammo racking shots. gently caress this gay game.

SocketWrench posted:

I've seen 3 on 3 T26E4s. It would have been glorious if any of the idiots on my team knew where to pen the very tank they drive.

We're not talking about that. MM used to intentionally pull the same vehicle and stuff them all on one team (think 10 Type 59s on the enemy team.) Some of the guys are saying they've been in battles with 10+ SPGs per team.

Hey gently caress you guy, I didn't choose this tank, this tank chose me.

That's the right way to do it I guess? :shrug:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Prav posted:

i'm the dad with hundreds of hours of live video of my son committing slow suicide

no wait i'm the posters calling it an isolated incident

no wait i'm the guy saying it's "uplifting to think he died raising money for children"

lol. yeah i hear fundraising thing was a scam but who knows i didnt watch him enough to say, only when he first started and noticed he was like..way too salty

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

Also, sixth sense sound is a doggo bark bark.

Yeah OK, safe to say I'll be buying the Rudy when I can. :woof:

The only way to get it atm is to buy a T-34-85 Italeri 1:35 model kit from Wargaming, which comes with the code plus some other WoT crap. 50 Euros, EU only. That deal actually sounds kinda good, but I still haven't finished that Tamiya 1:35 Wirbelwind model I bought as a kid so...

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Yeah OK, safe to say I'll be buying the Rudy when I can. :woof:

The only way to get it atm is to buy a T-34-85 Italeri 1:35 model kit from Wargaming, which comes with the code plus some other WoT crap. 50 Euros, EU only. That deal actually sounds kinda good, but I still haven't finished that Tamiya 1:35 Wirbelwind model I bought as a kid so...
Buy the package

Sell the kit

$$Profit$$

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon posted:

Buy the package

Sell the kit

$$Profit$$

That's actually not a bad idea, although a bit too much effort for a virtual tank in a dumb garbage game that I hate most of the time. Italeri sells the same kit for 35€, although it has no mention of the Rudy, which would explain the steeper price at Wargaming.

Except, the Italeri website also has this:

Gee, I sure hope they mean the Rudy, and not the literally-always-available-and-not-rare-at-all Churchill III by this "rare tank not usually available in the in-game store". So nice of Wargaming to be absolutely clear about this stuff.

Edit: Got an answer from Italeri. Theirs only has the Churchill and Wargaming sells the same thing, except they throw in the Rudy as a bonus so they can ask 50€ for it. :homebrew:

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 21, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am finding the object 430 II a pleasure to play.

Also good news for the ELC

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/02/20/amx-elc-bis-90mm/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Losing a lot of penetration though. :(

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the quality of good news seems to be dropping

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Losing a lot of penetration though. :(

Well it won't see tier 8 anymore. 170 pen should be fine for anything it will see. lol if you don't sling gold.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

certainly you don't want to rely on 120 AP in that blunderbuss

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm usually not all that impressed by Mighty Jingles' attempts at humour, but I gotta admit this bit (from 5:45 onwards in case the time thing doesn't work) made me chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2tq8Ki0at0&t=345s

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I like that they're tacking on an extra 2 seconds to the 90mm reload, just for good measure.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Steelion posted:

I like that they're tacking on an extra 2 seconds to the 90mm reload, just for good measure.

You expect to have fun in light tanks when they are done with them?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

McGavin posted:

The buffed Revalorise is ridiculous. This is basically an average battle.

Not sure how a 99th percentile game is somehow an average battle.

Hyperbole aside, it's a good and fun tank with serious advantages and noticeable flaws. It's pretty mercurial for me - sometimes I'll have an easy 2k+ battle and other times I'll pen like one shot and get focus fired down.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Barry posted:

Not sure how a 99th percentile game is somehow an average battle.

Hyperbole aside, it's a good and fun tank with serious advantages and noticeable flaws. It's pretty mercurial for me - sometimes I'll have an easy 2k+ battle and other times I'll pen like one shot and get focus fired down.

I only got 4 kills and didn't even get High Caliber, it's only 99th percentile because I'm shooting tier nines instead of tier sixes.

It's easy to get 3k+ damage as long as you remember that you're a second line tank and don't ever want to be getting shot. The gun depression, aim time, turret traverse, and general mobility combine to make it very comfortable to drive too. The T34 feels like it does everything glacially slow in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Nordick posted:

I'm usually not all that impressed by Mighty Jingles' attempts at humour, but I gotta admit this bit (from 5:45 onwards in case the time thing doesn't work) made me chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2tq8Ki0at0&t=345s

I lolled at that.

And speaking of Jingles, his Object 252 video is going to print money for wargaming.