Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BoyBlunder posted:

If I'm in the middle of a level, is there anyway to bail out and go back to the world view to do poo poo (dojo missions, blacksmith, etc) without losing my progress?

Something branch . It's an item I'm p sure you probably have a few. It's not the one you can use for ever these are numbered well like u can have 30 or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

Yeah I went back to the starting point after having trouble with the cave boss and forged 2 'nioh swords', which are level 14 purple. (is that just good luck on my part? not all ingredients were purple) so now my damage is higher than it was before since I reached max on one of those two swords.

Questions: do I get samurai points from getting more familiarity with weapons? And why does my sword just feel weak as gently caress? I've got like, 11 body, 15 heart, 11 spirit, the rest are like 6.

There is a total familiarity bar for each weapon type. You get more samurai points by filling that until it stops handing out points at 500k. You can check it by going to status and switching pages until you see it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

verbal enema posted:

Something branch . It's an item I'm p sure you probably have a few. It's not the one you can use for ever these are numbered well like u can have 30 or w/e

You get to keep your amrita but you do lose your progress and have to start at the beginning with that, though.

To the original question -- you can use the branch, and once you know the level you can totally just run to where you know the shrine is, you don't have to fight every enemy along the way

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You get to keep your amrita but you do lose your progress and have to start at the beginning with that, though.

To the original question -- you can use the branch, and once you know the level you can totally just run to where you know the shrine is, you don't have to fight every enemy along the way

Ah I missed the progress part oops

This mage ninja side mission sucks I had no idea they'd buff each other! Go away Ninja! I gotta kill wizards they're evil

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

verbal enema posted:

Ah I missed the progress part oops

This mage ninja side mission sucks I had no idea they'd buff each other! Go away Ninja! I gotta kill wizards they're evil

Is that the one where you go back into the toilet?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Debut footage of William in Musou Stars. He's got his own stage which looks like the Tower of London and they even worked Ki Pulse into his moveset, but it sounds like he's got a different voice actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgPzt7RhZU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
OK the Raven tengu in the omibozu side mission is a weak bitch compared to the first real one I am fighting holy poo poo these guys are no joke

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I missed a kodama in Sekigahara :shepface: How will I ever find it.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Deified Data posted:

I missed a kodama in Sekigahara :shepface: How will I ever find it.

Dehumanize yourself and face to bowl babies.

What does the inhabited kodama bowl do, exactly?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When I was dying 142 times in today's boss battle, I remembered that I have two kodama still left to find. I think I might go back and finish that off. Maybe I should just go ahead and get the platinum

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Dehumanize yourself and face to bowl babies.

What does the inhabited kodama bowl do, exactly?

It increases the value of your kodama blessing bonus

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I was dying 142 times in today's boss battle, I remembered that I have two kodama still left to find. I think I might go back and finish that off. Maybe I should just go ahead and get the platinum

It increases the value of your kodama blessing bonus

Is that permanent or temporary?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So uh don't hit exploding barrels with your fire weapon. I found that out the hard way.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Policenaut posted:

Debut footage of William in Musou Stars. He's got his own stage which looks like the Tower of London and they even worked Ki Pulse into his moveset, but it sounds like he's got a different voice actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgPzt7RhZU

This looks like loving garbage.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Idk if that's final gameplay yet I would like to think not

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Musou games are garbage, but in a good way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't know why they even bothered putting William in if they weren't going to get his voice actor.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RatHat posted:

I don't know why they even bothered putting William in if they weren't going to get his voice actor.

Or only have his katana moveset.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ah yes William's iconic catchphrase "Prepaaare toooo diiiee" in an unintelligible accent.

Basically:

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Musou games are garbage

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't think anyone really cares about William so it's not like they really need his VA.

Anyway so how the gently caress do you deal with Umi thing. It's the first road block I have hit.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think anyone really cares about William so it's not like they really need his VA.

Anyway so how the gently caress do you deal with Umi thing. It's the first road block I have hit.

I dealt with it the same way as anything else, stay close and attack non stop. Light the bonfires and use fire attacks by pressing O next to them in the arena. I only needed to relight my weapon for the second phase. Keep hitting and be mindful of the beam attack in phase one then the lovely aoe in phase two and you'll be good.

Edit: also in phase two position yourself near the walled edge (the part you face at the start of the fight) and even if the aoe hits you won't go for a swim.

JBP fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 21, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

JBP posted:

I dealt with it the same way as anything else, stay close and attack non stop. Light the bonfires and use fire attacks by pressing O next to them in the arena. I only needed to relight my weapon for the second phase. Keep hitting and be mindful of the beam attack in phase one then the lovely aoe in phase two and you'll be good.

I did not know you could do that.

That changes a lot, thanks

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Do not sloth him right off the bat. I tried that and it broke his movement ai and he bounced up and down in place until sloth wore off.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

I did not know you could do that.

That changes a lot, thanks

I lit them through the level and didn't find out until later that you could use them to light a weapon. I thought it just stopped the additional shitheads spawning.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If you use them to light your weapon, they go out, and then more shitheads spawn at the beginning of phase 2.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Snak posted:

If you use them to light your weapon, they go out, and then more shitheads spawn at the beginning of phase 2.

Haha when one popped up it didn't even occur to me that it was because I used the torch. I was so deep into EVERYTHING WILL BE CUT mode when I finished phase one it could have spawned ten and they wouldn't have stopped me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Learn to dodge laser, avoid holes in the corners of the level. After that its just a battle of attrition.

When he throws down tentacles, run towards him. He will always miss if you do. Then turn around and womp the tentacles for damage. After you dodge his laser, poke him for damage too. (But wait until it ends, be careful)

At stage 2 just do circles around him until he tries to hit you, then attack the weak spot for massive damage.

Also use fire. Whatever fire you have. Fire magic, fire items, fire pokemon; use fire.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So for NG+ levels, is there any reason to explore or should I just be doing the quickest route to the boss

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

man that inheritable bonus is irritating but change to attack (stamina) is fantastic since the armor scales the same way

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wish that once you beat a level you could choose what shrine to spawn at or at the very least open up the drat boss door before you leave so you could go and get Kodima you missed easier. What a pain in the rear end.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I was actually about to ask if there was a way to free roam a map without resorting to himorogi branches or having to do the whole thing

Or join someone's session and dick around

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what music did you guys like the most during the game? To be honest I thought the music was mostly forgettable. The only ones I remember standing out are the Okatsu and White Tiger boss fight themes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

So what music did you guys like the most during the game? To be honest I thought the music was mostly forgettable. The only ones I remember standing out are the Okatsu and White Tiger boss fight themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNuHyhTMXs
Reminded me a lot of Assassin's Creed 2 or some Max Richter stuff. Glad to have something peaceful after stressful moments.

Also the Okatsu boss music is the one fight theme I can clearly remember and really like, agreed

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I liked the theme used for Yuki-Ona/Magoichi and some other fights.
Also the first 15 seconds of Hino-Enma/Nue are seared into my brain.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I did the penultimate boss last night, I actually quite liked it and it's hilarious that the mechanics of it basically mean your living weapon never runs out making me invulnerable to damage the entire time unless I got stomped on when taking out his feet

The hard part of the level was fighting revenants that had dual swords but were wearing enough armour to basically ignore my attacks, they could stagger me during my combos while shrugging off any hit of mine. What stat is it that makes you not be interrupted during a swing?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not a stat, it's just if you have over 200 defense. There are 3 tiers: 1-99, 100-199, and 200+

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

RatHat posted:

It's not a stat, it's just if you have over 200 defense. There are 3 tiers: 1-99, 100-199, and 200+

So the stat is defence. Is defence relative to your level or is it just something that can only be achieved later at high gear levels. Is there a stat that allows you to overcome their defence?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just finished this up, 86 deaths at around 60-ish hours? What a wonderful game, even if that final boss is a little disappointing. Definitely have to run through this on NG+ and get into this Divine stuff.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Holy poo poo the Atlas Bear special attack is pretty ridiculous. It has a really short range and uses a ton of Living weapon bar though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm in the spider castle and I've reached a point I'm no longer able to recover my drat bloodstains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Man, doing Sekigahara and The Source of Evil back to back was an undertaking, the latter especially was the stiffest challenge yet. Was it just me or are the revenants summoned by the yokai portals there all buffed? Had to dip into my stock of Shingiku Medicine for the boss.