Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wtf is a touch bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im gonna get a surface phone if it ever becomes a thing

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
You guys got rid of the other thread because of the election night stuff didnt you.

It made most of us look bad, but I like reading back how loving sure I was that Trump would lose Florida because Boward county or whatever was coming in hot!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
We need a tweet stat

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

ive probavlu said it a bullion times in cspam but im convinced thart a longterm design goal for the iphone is to have no exterior ports whatsoever

i'm looking forward to wireless charging pads with rubber band straps so you can charge your phone and not have to bend over a table where it's charging the whole time

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
I'm getting some great promoted twitter ads

https://mobile.twitter.com/CitizenNewsfeed/status/833568743762456576

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

In terms of investment vs return the 40 or whatever dollars I spent on SA is some of the best ever and that's including drugs

woah

woah there

let's not imply such things in drugs/' earshot

ps hi new thread

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Baloogan posted:

wtf is a touch bar

You touch it and bad posts come out

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

real fact: i thought this was who caitlyn jenner was for the longest time

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Baloogan posted:

wtf is a touch bar

It's cool but if it's good is up for debate

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

You guys got rid of the other thread because of the election night stuff didnt you.

It made most of us look bad, but I like reading back how loving sure I was that Trump would lose Florida because Boward county or whatever was coming in hot!

i love that i could hit someone's anyone's questionmark and get a meltdown

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Montasque posted:

actually now you can read the election meltdowns in beautiful goldmine font

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Android has open design so I'm sure you can always get a *giggle* one plus *stifles laughter* headphone jack

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is there a script to make you get a popup every time theres a new post in this thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

it's going down that route for a few ME TOO ME TOO manufacturers mainly the lovely ones like lenovo-owned motorola and poor HTC

i don't think it'll happen for awhile but it will eventually happen, it makes engineering easier and once usb-c headphones become more commonplace i can see it not being a big deal anymore

LG will probably keep it for awhile along with google's pixels. samsung will probably drop it in 2-4 years. i'm personally already making the move to bluetooth so after awhile personally it wouldn't matter to me

ugh

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Whoever keeps changing my av, they're great and I <3 you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

wtf is a touch bar

a strip club but your blinfolded and free to grab w/e the performers allow

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i don't think i melted down in that thread

i try to keep those to myself

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nobody buys LG phones so they're gonna stick the headphone jack for as long as they think it differentiates them

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

a strip club but your blinfolded and free to grab w/e the performers allow

ah so the tactile dome.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Admiral Ray posted:

i don't think i melted down in that thread

i try to keep those to myself

this and also on predictit

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Al! posted:

is there a script to make you get a popup every time theres a new post in this thread

that sounds like a virus.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

it's going down that route for a few ME TOO ME TOO manufacturers mainly the lovely ones like lenovo-owned motorola and poor HTC

i don't think it'll happen for awhile but it will eventually happen, it makes engineering easier and once usb-c headphones become more commonplace i can see it not being a big deal anymore

LG will probably keep it for awhile along with google's pixels. samsung will probably drop it in 2-4 years. i'm personally already making the move to bluetooth so after awhile personally it wouldn't matter to me

i will update my 2011 mba in 2021.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

wtf is a touch bar

It's a touch sensitive strip that replaces your function row keys, so that when the computer freezes up or whatever or you need to access them, you can't anymore

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol the somali guy is like "is he just stupid or am i getting hella trolled?"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i just

who suggested that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

i'm looking forward to wireless charging pads with rubber band straps so you can charge your phone and not have to bend over a table where it's charging the whole time

bet you a nickel the first apple no plug in charger isnt a big pad yr phone flops arpund on but some sorta cradle or other relatively immobilr thing

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Why am I not authorized to view Trump's tweets? Am I blocked or does Twitter just suck? I don't think I've ever made a comment about politics there.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

i will update my 2011 mba in 2021.

i kept my xps m1330 for like 6-8 years and i don't regret it one bit

it still works with all the original components. good job dell

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Montasque posted:

didn't they say that the page number was getting too big and it was breaking the entire internet or something idk

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

bet you a nickel the first apple no plug in charger isnt a big pad yr phone flops arpund on but some sorta cradle or other relatively immobilr thing

buy a charger on apple.com

cable sold separately

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

nobody buys LG phones so they're gonna stick the headphone jack for as long as they think it differentiates them

Would probably work on me tbh

I like having both bluetooth and audio jacks and am willing to suffer the crushing indignity of a phone that is 0.01mm thicker as a result

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

rudatron posted:

glad we get to live through page 69, 420, all the other good numbers again

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

i kept my xps m1330 for like 6-8 years and i don't regret it one bit

it still works with all the original components. good job dell

my xps m1330 loving overheated like a bitch all the loving time

im now rolling on an overpriced alienware and lovin it :3:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Make Somalia great again also

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
they're already doing this for their usb-c chargers

the charger itself costs $69 nicedollars. it doesn't come with a cable, and your $1000 laptop also doesn't come with an extension cable like they used to

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Baloogan posted:

wtf is a touch bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6HVyaZpTgM

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Make Somalia great again also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUf3pnkqag

Adbot